[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: pontiff3_tc.jpg (412KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pontiff3_tc.jpg
412KB, 1920x1080px
Since Dark Souls 3 is so shit from lore, level design and boss fights, let's fix it with ideas and fanfiction. I'll start.

>Pontiff Suly is actually a Lord of Cinder
>You fight one of his strong knights instead of him in the Church
>Remove Aldrich because the boss is just embarrassing and awkward
>Have you fight Pontiff Suly instead of him there
BUT WAIT THERES MORE
>he doesn't have his Darkmoon blade yet and you just interrupted him while he was in middle of something
>Fight goes on regulary
>He disappears mid-fight and dangles a familiar figure from the ceiling shakled with magic
OH SHIT
>It's Gwyndolin.
>He chants and then stabs him with his other sword, turning it to Darkmoon blade
>*Second theme of Pontiff kicks in mixed with Gwyndolin's screams of agony*
>Uses his magic mid-fight to force Gwyndolun to use his arrows and magic against his well
>You can kill Gwyndolin to get rid of his magic or keep him alive and kill Pontiff
>This will be one of his sister's quests and they will be united if you keep him alive, but will die eventually and his sister will give you the Blade of the Darkmoon Covenant

This will make me value this shitty covenant more.
>>
>shit boss fights

What the fuck are you talking about? DaS3 has the best bosses in the series.

Only Knight Artorias, O&S and maybe Fume Knight are better than them.
>>
It's like you just rewrote something from an anime fanfic with dark souls

kys
>>
What exactly do you think you are fixing with all this teenage weeb shit?
>>
>>375759760
Then tell me yours or show me your dick.
>>
>>375759646
Das3's best boss fights were shitty rehashes of bloodborne bosses, except nameless king
>>
>>375760052
Don't forget all of them are damage sponges
>>
>>375759491
Here's a tip for you autistic people: Nobody wants to hear about your inconsequential daydreams. It's as interesting as hearing you describe your dream. It's not real and it never will be, and the thought alone isn't interesting enough to hold a discussion around it.
>>
>>375759919
Tell me my what? I'm asking what exactly you think you're fixing because it seems you're just wanting more "HEY REMEMBER THIS?" philosophy that plagued DaS2. What plot hole or lore do you think you're addressing by turning Sulyvhans boss fight into a heavy handed plot piece (which is pretty much directly against how Souls games tell their stories).
>>
>>375759491
But it has really solid level(which is different from world) design and on average the best boss fights in the series.
>>
>>375759646
>spam roll
>attack
>spam roll
>drink unpunishable instant estus
>spam roll
There was two bosses that weren't easy shit, which is probably why /v/ likes the game so much.
>>
>>375760667
Heh...
>>375760803
Isn't Dark Souls 3 ALL about "HEY! REMEMBER THIS?"
Correct me if I'm mistaken.
>>
>>375759491
good job you made it worse
>>
File: 1449655413863.png (714KB, 547x514px) Image search: [Google]
1449655413863.png
714KB, 547x514px
Fine work OP, fine work.
>>
>>375761093
>DaS3 has characters and items from the series with descriptions giving appropriate lore mixed between OC Donut Steels that have connections to the overall world and lore, yet the story of DaS3 is still it's own
>DaS2 has characters and items from the series with descriptions that are 90% of the time consist of "MAYBE IT WAS FROM SOME OTHER GUY, OR WAS IT?" as if the devs themselves are jabbing you in the side with their elbow hoping you'll make the connection, as if they were afraid you wouldn't recognize the Sunlight medals and all the other items from DaS1, and yet the story of DaS2 fails to be its own
Yeah, totally all about it
>>
Level design is pretty good though. Cathedral of the Deep is one of the best levels in the whole series.

I would like to see more interconnectivity though. Like the hole in the wall from Smoldering Lake where you can see Irythyll, it'd be nice if there was a path up to there. Or, I've heard speculation that the Cursed Rotted Greatwood's arena was supposed to lead to the catacombs at one point, because the covenant there needs bone shackles, which you only get from catacombs enemies, and the wall looks visually similar to the catacombs.
>>
>>375759491
Your fanfiction is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>375759491
OP here. Here's another one.
>Ringed City's lowest level is a part of the Abyss
>Instead of that shitty dragon, you actually fight THE Dark Lord, combination of all the players who had chosen the dark ending from DS1 same as players who linked the fire and became Soul of Cinder
>Dark magic is his main attack and uses heavy weapons that he keep changing
>Last phase he uses Manus' abilities
>>
File: 1483663123424.jpg (2MB, 600x5267px) Image search: [Google]
1483663123424.jpg
2MB, 600x5267px
>>375761093
>375761093
>>
>>375762384
>>375762265
>>
Remember when the game was going to be about exploring the old tombs of ressurected lords?

Remember how hyped Wolnir made you in the trailers?

Remember? Its almost lore-relevant how painful it is
>>
>>375759491
>"hey you stupid plebians, I think that Souls lore/story sucks, here's what SHOULD have happened :^)"
>comes up with unbelievably retarded bullshit
every time
>>
File: costanza twitter.png (37KB, 588x198px) Image search: [Google]
costanza twitter.png
37KB, 588x198px
>>375759491
>fix
>with fanfiction
>>
>>375762384
Thats actually a smart idea, fuck what anybody else says

Its hard to come up with ideas for Dark Souls without them sounding horribly pretentious, so good on you
>>
>>375759491
>Carthus is actually the desert area at the end od the DLC, and it's big
>Highlord Wolnir boss comes from the sand

How do I sign for Fromsoft? Someone needs to fix their shit
>>
Not OP, I'm just not a faggot like all of you.

>fighting Wolnir in dragon form
>you can now parry his backhand
>player roars and the darkness becomes red hot
>Dragon God appears and punches that skeleton faggot
>we fist bump into the sunset

>go to andre in firelinke shrine
>attack him
>illusion breaks
>ITS FUCKING VAMOS!
>>
>>375762831
>you can still kill Vamos to get that cool golden viking helm
>>
File: Focus spoiled.jpg (9KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
Focus spoiled.jpg
9KB, 180x200px
>>375762831
Shit
>>
>>375762021
Cathedral seemed misleadingly well designed on the first playthrough but on replay you realise it's trash.
>>
>>375763367
What is he a skeleton of? A small giant?
>>
>>375762659
>Souls lore/story sucks
Yes. You don't have to be Black Science Man to get this.
>>
>>375763905
t. illiterate
>>
>>375764017
The developers clearly stated they design shit and then try to come up for a "lore" for every design they shat out
>>
>>375764017
Stupid phone.
They design FIRST and then come up with lore.
>>
>>375762384
hm, i actually had a similiar idea, but instead of replaced motherfucker based midir, he'd burst out of gael's corpse, take the dark soul and bring a new abyss in that godforsaken desert
>>
>>375759491
I enjoy Dark Souls 3 but whatever.
I think Pontiff was supposed to be a Lord of Cinder, as he's got some weird naming scheme in the game's files.

Personally, I would've kept Dancer in the game as an NPC and give her a quest where you can be summoned into her world to fight Voordt and Pontiff, with foreshadowing of her rings transforming her.
>>
>>375759491
Bloodborne, the 10 day game, will never be as good as DS3. BB is shit. Complete crap. It can only hope to touch DS3's difficulty and design. Don't delude yourself.
>>
File: 9.jpg (515KB, 1599x896px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
515KB, 1599x896px
Never really understood the DS3 hate meme. Sure, its no DS1 or Demons but its miles ahead of DS2 and about what I would expect from a Souls title.
>>
>>375762384
>midir shitty
Its like u want people to know ur retarded
>>
>>375759491
DS3 is good. Dunno what are you talking about.
>>
>>375767878
It's the standard contrarian autist mindset, they'll look back on it fondly in a few years.
>>
>>375767518
Don't make the 10 day guy a meme please.
>>
>>375761203
Where did you find that picture of me
>>
File: 1492842879866.jpg (8KB, 386x318px) Image search: [Google]
1492842879866.jpg
8KB, 386x318px
>>375759491
If this is bait then good job
but if you actually are a pre-teen weeb faggot then I'm just disappointed in this site.
>>
>>375767878
for a lot of us it's just the 5th one in the series. i don't hate it, but burnout happens
>>
File: Vae.jpg (2MB, 2560x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Vae.jpg
2MB, 2560x1032px
Here's mine

>Archdragon Peak
>Renamed "Shadowmen Shrine"

>Entire place is already shrouded in the storm, it becomes clear and sunny on defeat of final area boss

>Snakemen delet
>Is now the Carthus Kingdom, populated by skeletons and Carthus Warriors
>Dragon boss is delet
>Replaced with epic Skeleton ride of many skeleton wheels on pursuit and many deaths and a climb up to Mausoleum area

>Drakebloods delet
>Hebel De Pebble still ok
>But Paladin Degenerates is a summon here like Paladin BestGoy was before Pinwheel in OG game

>Main boss is now Prime Wolnir riding the Stormdrake, he's a super fast skeleton guy boss who does carthweels and stuff, is a Skelewheel/ninja boss and is breddy good, you need the stormruler to even fight Wolnir properly to kill the stormdrake and send him crashing to the ground

To coincide with these changes:

>Wolnir is now a cov leader instead, you interact with his goblet in a SEKRET way to transport to 'Shadowmen Shrine' and undertake his trial and fight the old him
>Yhorm is now the Tutorial boss of the game and you fight him in the first area after he waks from the big coffin, your first freebie lord of cinder kill, no storm ruler stuff
>Gundyr is renamed "Old King Oceiros" and replaces Dragonfucker in his area, is his non casual version + the abyss monster, both Gundyr bosses combined into one really really good boss

>Dragonfucker is now renamed "Some Guy, Dukes Apprentice" or something, and is mid level boss in the Grand Archives

>Nameless King is now the final boss of the game
>Soul of Cinder is now a SEKRET TRUE FINAL boss that appears after him if you helped Yuria DELET Anri
>>
>>375759491
It's a fun game. Quit being such a whiney little bitch.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.