[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we save the western gaming industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 8thGen.png (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8thGen.png
1MB, 1500x1000px
We all agree that western games have been complete trash this gen, but what could actually be done to improve them?

Japan has always had the edge in game development, but things haven't been this bad since the '80s. How do we save the west, /v/? Do you think we'll see western games by big publishers that aren't designed by committee or that actually take risks or that only target a small niche ever again?
>>
You forgot RE7 on the left
>>
>>375752756
>super mario 3d world
lmao
>>
Japanese games typically have one guy in charge so they can be horrifically bad if that guy is a hack or masterpieces if he's a genius.

Western games are all made by huge committees and so never turn out unplayably bad, but also lack the singular vision required to be better than an 8/10.
>>
>>375752756
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions
What a fucking joke.
>>
>>375752756
You are missing Revelator, literally one of the finest fightan ever made.
>>
>>375753368
3D World is the most fun co-op experience of all time. The single player is lacking because many of the decisions seem to have been made with this special hybrid-brand of competitive/co-op in mind, but the co-op experience is so mind-blowingly good it makes up for it.
>>
>>375753730
Tsubasa's game is pretty good, you shitter.
Idolshit is the only bad thing. Dungeon crawling and battles are fantastic.
>>
>>375753914
Oh shit, you're right. I should add that and P4AU
>>
>>375752756
Witcher 3 was good. Still missing a ton of games on the left. West is getting btfo by Japan so far to be sure.
>>
>>375753594
This is the most accurate answer. AAA western games have stagnated for the last couple of years and rarely rise above mediocrity. While they look pretty and are decent enough gameplay wise, most western games lack the heart and soul you see put into nip games.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.