[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing online 1st place doing good making all the turns and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: redshellthegame.jpg (201KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
redshellthegame.jpg
201KB, 1200x675px
Playing online 1st place doing good making all the turns and managing my items perfectly for defending.
>Lap 2/3
>blue shell no way to fall down to avoid for quick accel
>red shell
>red shell
>red shell
>lightning
>get banana from box trying to catch up from instant 10th place
>Pirahna plant fuckers everywhere
>get frustrated and fuck up my drifts and find myself in 12th place and internally rage

Remind me why this game is skill based and not luck based.
>>
>>375748815

You know what im going to say

GI
GOO
>>
>>375748815
Does it have like no items/for glory thing mode?
>>
>>375749126
Well, you can search for a custom lobby without items, but you probably won't find that many opponents.
>>
>>375749126
Ya in tournaments but when i just want to fuck around in worldwide this is a common thing that happens unless you are lucky. Pretty much the only way to win is to stay in first and hope to god you can juke the blue shell or get ahead far enough that you can take the hit and still maintain the lead.
>>
>>375748815
Congratulations you realised that this is not a serious racing game

Next you realise Smash isn't a serious fighting game either
>>
>>375749415
And yet, both have competitive scenes going.
>>
>>375749596
Makes you think
>>
>>375748815
what's the purpose to even do well in this game if anything of substance is already unlocked?
>>
>>375749686
to use a meme mii and spam good game while wearing the crown to piss off faggits
>>
The problem is that getting hit by any items slows you to a complete and total stop.

If you maintained even a bit of momentum, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but you don't, so recovering from even a banana takes way longer than it did in games past.
>>
>>375749686
It's almost as if you can't just have fun playing video games here.
>>
>>375749686
>A job well done isn't its own reward

You a salty nigga aint you?
>>
>>375749975
So that's what it is. I knew the game felt off and pretty much being hit in first place is a death sentence.
>>
File: Nakedtoads.gif (4KB, 67x72px) Image search: [Google]
Nakedtoads.gif
4KB, 67x72px
You should have gotten a better lead for the final lap. If you drive over the double item boxes you're almost always guaranteed a blocking item.

also git gud
>>
That's the reason I stopped playing Wario and started playing Shy Guy, acceleration is handy to have for that.
>>
>>375748815
Hi Vinny
Also you are correct, it is mostly luck-based
>>
>Remind me why this game is skill based and not luck based.

Who ever gave you the idea that it's skill based? It's not, and it never intended to be. Just because there's some people playing it competitively doesn't mean it is.
>>
>>375749686
To race, obviously. It's a racing game. There is no such a thing as an unlocking genre in video games, so if you only play games for that reason, you should probably stop.
>>
>>375750254
horn is still pretty rare for a 1st placer and that is the only effective thing against a blue shell or falling of the track intentionally to reduce the animation length.
>>
>>375749686
I bet this guy only has sex for babies

Oh, wait
>>
>>375748815
My games have been going opposite

>Giant clusterfuck up until the first item box
>Hope to god you don't get fucked to hard by the first set of items
>Racers getting hit left and right
>1-2 people make it out untouched
>Rest of the race, 1st and maybe 2nd place racers are miles ahead of everyone else
>Meanwhile 12th-3rd is the biggest shit show a racing game has ever seen
>>
File: get double items they said.png (780KB, 1281x723px) Image search: [Google]
get double items they said.png
780KB, 1281x723px
Uh oh
>>
>>375751312
i am always caught up in that shit show :(
>>
>>375751325
RIP
>>
File: supe mariuo brbros.jpg (50KB, 1061x589px) Image search: [Google]
supe mariuo brbros.jpg
50KB, 1061x589px
>>375750661
You don't ever have to worry about Blue Shells if you have a good lead. Red shells from multiple drivers are far more likely to fuck up your race.
>>
>>375751543
that blue shell 70% of the time is followed by a barrage of red shells because usually the 2nd placer will just spam red shells since he knows you lost your defending items from the shell. Maybe i'm just really fucking unlucky.
>>
>>375751325
Straight up chained 9 coins online twice over the last two days. Still got first but absolutely infuriating.
>>
>>375748815
>not having a big enough lead to combat the end of game rubberbanding

Also
>not slowing down and stopping right before double item box when blue shell is near.

This is how you do it

>blue shell is coming
>stop in front of item box
>get hit with shell
>get coin and shell
>use shell for first red shell
>the next two will hit you about the same time since no skill second place shot them at same time

>still have lead because you were a mile ahead

Tl;dr git gud
>>
>>375752725
There is no rubberbanding on mp unless everyone is on = skill. This scenario doesn't happen every game but it can be really frustrating when it does and it basicly punishes me for doing good for over half the match. Most of the time i can recover from a fall and find myself in 4th or 2nd place. but i cant really control where the blue shell hits me especially when there are no item boxes around. Hard to argue skill in this game when it is mostly luck.
>>
>>375752725
>in second place
>blue shell coming
>person in first stops infront of the item boxes giving me even more time to catch up
>gets hit
>pass him and steal the box he was standing in front of
>now have 2 items in first while the guy in soncond has none
Looks like you're plan isn't as great as you thought it was.
>>
>>375753482
>>375748815

That's why they're played in 4 game sets. The bad luck is averaged out and the most skillful player wins in 99% of sets.
>>
kek. Do you consider mario party to be skill based too OP?
>>
>>375749686

>american logic in a nutshell: hurr no reward ain't gonna do shit

go play wow you fucking mong
>>
File: 1492401807065.png (377KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1492401807065.png
377KB, 1280x1280px
>nigga throws red shell at me
>red shell passes me by going for the guy in front of me
>this happens 3 times in a row
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.