[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should fighting games be ore accessable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Ultra_street_fighter_II_art.jpg (73KB, 280x355px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra_street_fighter_II_art.jpg
73KB, 280x355px
Probably the wrong place to ask since half of you can't DP.
>>
>>375746313
No
>>
>>375746313
I don't know what gemstones have to do with fihtan
>>
>>375746909
Infinity Gems were in Marvel Superheroes, you underageb&.
>>
>>375746313
The kind of accessibility you're probably talking about helps nobody. Look at what happened to Rising Thunder. It did literally everything that scrubs complain about: single button specials, cool downs, and simple combos. All it accomplished was giving them different reasons to complain, like "fireball spam" and anti airs beating their jumps.

Casualizong these games is a fool's errand.
>>
Just make Smash Brothers clones
>>
File: dan.jpg (46KB, 439x530px) Image search: [Google]
dan.jpg
46KB, 439x530px
>>375746313
some people just treat fighting games like they are just a game and don't dedicate time to it to compete in tournaments. they play it for a while and maybe even it beat a couple of times then move on.

don't bother developing the meta for them in mind just don't get too far up your own ass with the mechanics or cater solely to the hardcore FGC, you want the game to sell. easy to pick up difficult to master etc. strike a balance

just put in some kind of story mode and or an arcade mode that isn't half assed and the casuals will be content
>>
File: 1493112079079.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493112079079.png
22KB, 400x400px
>>375746313
>ore accessible

What, you want to make fighting games so easy even a rock can play them?
>>
My only issue with DP is in games where you have to do the 2 x QCF motion for a super and the game registers it as a DP.

KoF games are really annoying in that regard with some mixed inputs messing up my supers.
>>
It should up to a certain point. Having auto-combos and a simple super is a good idea because it gives people something to start with. It lets them get into the scene faster and allows them to hold their own a bit. And while getting the fundamentals down is important, getting a few wins under their belt is definitely a good motivator to get better so they can keep winning.
>>
>>375748270
ecksdeedeedee
>>
>>375746313
There should be more stupid smash style games for casuals. Just like every 2D fighter had a shitty 3D spinoff when all the casuals turned to 3D
>>
File: Its my money and I need it now.jpg (14KB, 317x236px) Image search: [Google]
Its my money and I need it now.jpg
14KB, 317x236px
>>375746313
The hardest motion that should need to be done in a fighter is a DP motion. Supers should be (input) + PPP or KKK. With EX versions of attacks being the usual (input) + PP or KK. None of this double DP or double 360 motion garbage.
>>
>>375748373
It doesn't really. A basic combo is not hard, doing (most) supers are not hard. Instead of learning a basic skill they get a crutch that you then have to get them off

It is really only good for the person who wants to play for a week and pretend they will get into a fighting game this time
>>
Most fighting game players never go online. They want more single player content. Stuff like alpha 3 ps1 did with world tour mode, soul calibur 2 and even the dragon ball Z budokai games. unlockables (not characters) are important too, stuff like in MK, budokai or soul calibur. but dlc killed the sense of progression.
>>
>>375748905

>a basic combo is not hard

You'd be surprised. People have issues getting hadokens off
>>
>>375749367
Kids who grew up in the 360 years simply do not understand the concept of rolling a motion to do a move. They will try to press each direction and shit or just consider it too complicated. They mess it up once and just think they can't do it, I think games need to tell them if they rolled it too slow and stuff.
>>
>>375746313
Depends on how you handle it desu
>>
>>375749809

Guilty Gear solved that by actually showing the motion on-screen
>>
>>375749367
most of the time people seems to go the concept is weird and then they just give up cause different is bad.You can learn qcf in a minute, sure DP may take a little bit but this isn't like perfect ewgf or isw.

It really is incredibly simple and if you get cr.mk to hadoken you can play basic level sf.

If someone isn't willing to learn that they really are saying they just want to learn and not get good.
>>
>>375749924
It doesn't matter what guilty gear does. GG sells like 100K it's street fighter that will teach people this basic shit.
>>
>>375750093
*don't want to learn
>>
>>375750093
Most gamers never even touch the D-pad. Using the thing at all is weird to them.
>>
>>375748740

>None of this double DP or double 360 motion garbage.

The only time I can think of double DP being used is Seth's uppercut in SF4, but even then it's piss easy to execute thanks to the slack on inputs in that game. As for 720s those are perfectly fine given that grappler supers tend to do insane damage.
>>
>>375750093
Does anybody want to learn? It's Vidya not college
>>
The problem isn't motions. The problem is people being able to do motions more effectivly than you. Most can throw a hadouken, but most can't do it over and over again as soon as it recovers, most can do a shoryuken, but not consistently as a reversal, Most can do an spd or maybe a 720 after a jump in, but few from a dash or buffered normal. It's all a big inferiority complex for bad players online and for offline players who don't know how to do anything fighting games are simplistic and lack content.

>>375750943
and this is why you are an idiot. "I don't like thinking, I don't value acquiring new skills let me turn my brain off and have (((fun))) with my children's toy that plays itself.
>>
>>375750943
All vidya involves some level of learning. Back when FPS games first came out people had to learn how to move the character and move the camera at the same time.

People just take for granted how much vidya knowledge they've picked up over the years that's now been ingrained. Look at your grandma try to play Super Mario Bros. Chances are the whole moving while jumping thing are completely alien to her.
>>
The tutorials in the latest Guilty Gear are pretty great. I'd recommend the game for that alone.
>>
>>375751273
There are no valuable skills to be learned from vidya
>>
>>375751578
They let you enjoy good video games, and those are valuable skills if you want work in the gaming industry. From designer, to pro gamer, to reviewer.

And stop saying vidya you faggot reddit
>>
>>375746313
The easier you make a game to play, the quicker experienced players will be able to stomp on new players. I remember watching people play the SFV beta and they already looked like they've been playing it for years. It historically never works out for the new players. We can even look at less traditional games like Smash. Brawl being watered down shit didn't stop M2K from cleaning house.
>>
How do we save fighting games?
>>
>>375746313
Oh boy, it's not like they've been doing that already OP; how about asking specific questions to specific fighting games and act like you actually play them
>>
There should be a massive tutorial in game. Not just YouTube videos, but missions that teach you zoning and linking or whatever. Not just an empty room with no direction into something you don't know about like the training room garbage
>>
Also the high price if fighting games is ridiculous for New comers that aren't even sure there'll like it
>>
>>375753035
Missions would be great for new players. Give them trophies and shit if they manage to beat the missions using zoning or whatever lesson is meant to be taught.

Problem is fighting games tend to skimp on the single player content because balancing and playtesting the actual fighting part of the game takes so much time.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.