[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so so so wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: dawn-of-war-3-logo.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dawn-of-war-3-logo.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
What went so so so wrong
>>
>>375732567
>1 game mode

Thats about it really
>>
>>375732567
is that the new multiplayer online battle arena from relic?
>>
>>375732567
Is there a WH40K game that is essentially just the board game with graphics?
>>
I think it's pretty fun but elites sure could be a bit more balanced.
Like strike scorpions, they are very powerful in early game and weird boy which has too many nuke abilities.
>>
>>375733840

do you mean a turn based tactical strategy game?

XCOM already exists
>>
>>375733840
Sanctus Reach and Armageddon. Both on Steam.
>>
Literally nothing, this game is great. Looking forward to the expansions.
>>
>>375733840
No, what the fuck are you smoking?
Why would anyone pay out of the ass for shitty overpriced models to play a horrible game if they could get the same experience (still a horrible game) but without selling their house over it, losing endless hours painting those hundred ork figurines, learning how to paint only to find out they suck at it, having to deal with smelly autists in person,...

It's the number one rule of any board game.
NEVER allow a digital version of your game.
It's why all MtG vidya are forced to be shit, why Warmachine Tactics had to change a few of the essential mechanics around and so on.
>>
I'm actually liking it, already 30 hours

game needs more maps though, at least mods are already out
>>
>>375732567
1. can't build more HQ's
2. can't build power gens in your base
3. upgrades have boring names
4. JUST 3 RACES
>>
>>375736531
>game needs more maps though, at least mods are already out

Isn't it the other way around?
I've already seen some remakes of old Dark Crusade maps, completely with no objective buildings.
At the same time, it's a DENUVO game, so I doubt anyone could make mods for it without massive bureoucracy.
>>
>>375736660

2nd is an improvement over the first game
3rd is not really a downside, the boring effect of the upgrades is more of a downside
and 4th is a non issue since the first wh game that is so praised came out with 4 races, and each of those 4 had way less units and things that the new game has.
>>
>>375736660
>can't build more HQ's

The only time you built more than one HQ in DoW was when you were being a dick and prolonging a lost game as Eldar.

>JUST 3 RACES
With more units than the 4 in DoW1 put together and MUCH more than the 4 races in DoW2.
I'll take slower adding of new races if it means they won't repeat the same few generic units you see in every single game and shit on everything else.
>>
>>375736738

They're on the steam workshop dude
>>
ITS LIKE DIABLO 3 ALL OVER AGAIN.
>>
>>375732567

make room for the best Warhammer40k game with the best race in the whole lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCXrBMl648
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with mobas.
>>
>Orkz Eldar and Sphes Mahreens as the starting factions
>Again

HMMMMM.
>>
>>375737043
And? hey're there because the game has a World Editor.

Making mods is a completely different manner as it requires you to modify the game files.
DENUVO is an anti-tamper technology. It's whole thing is to make sure nothing in the files changes unless the devs did it themselves.
>>
File: apustus astartes.png (181KB, 599x643px) Image search: [Google]
apustus astartes.png
181KB, 599x643px
>>375737292
>Tau
>Best race
>>
>>375737407
>manner
matter*
>>
>>375736738
>>375737407
total war warhammer has denuvo and mods
>>
>>375732567
No cover.
Symetrical, lane based maps.
Forced 20 minute+ games.
No retreat.
No emplacements/meaningful base building/mines.
>>
File: 1396110329897.jpg (67KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1396110329897.jpg
67KB, 282x341px
>>375737407
>Game has a mod folder in it's directory
>Game has lua scripting
You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>375737407

regardless of what the others have mentioned the guy that made the dow 2 unpacker already changed it for dow 3
>>
>>375737727
battles are too big
symmetrical means balanced, also there's a world editor anyway
absolutely false
a good thing, dow2 was cancer
false
>>
>>375733840
is there a fan made / freeware version of the game anywhere? i'd even play a 2d version, hell i'd probably try out a tabletop version with cardboard counters if it meant trying the game without having to shell out for all the minis
>>
>>375737416

why do you worship a dead piece of meat in a glorified refrigerator?
>>
>>375733840
Tabletop Simulator maybe?
>>
>>375738291
So the game is about blobbing and not tactical use of units.
Symetrical means lazy and boring.
Go find me some under 20 minute games where the guy didn't just ragequit or literally afk. You can't win under 20 if a person is actually playing.
No retreat just means the person who gets their third unit out will stomp the guy with 2 faster. No retreat rewards RNG over skill.
Okay, show me the mines, meaningful base buildings or emplacements. Listening posts that can be solo killed by any squad do not count.
>>
test
>>
>>375738652

you said that, I didnt
it means balanced, again map editor for your wacky turtle comp stomp matches
So bascially only according to your conditions? anyway its easy to destroy turret early because it doesnt have health bonus, 2 asm take it down in seconds in phase 1-2
no retreat means the same thing as it does in literally every other rts, you get punished for being shit and dont have some ability to save casuals
dow3 has literally no rng, none at all
warp spiders, big trukk, kommando,tankbustas,vyper,scouts

I might be missing some
>>
>>375738302
You missed the golden age, man. 7th edition is salt in the wounds. See if you and a buddy can download some 4th or 5th edition rules, and then play anything but Eldar.

They sell the unit stands by the truckload. My buddy and I used those for small 500 point games before he got me to sink 500 dollars into it.
>>
>>375738302
No, they all got hut down by GW because of >>375736450.
>>
>>375739523
what do you mean by unit stands?
>>
>>375739571
Is 40k Vassal finally dead? When did it die? I remember having some good times with that when I didn't have anyone else to play anymore about 5 years ago.
>>
>>375740419
Just googled around and installed 40k vassal. Might be an old verison from 2015, but should be sufficient to play a bit. Even the online lobby was still working. Of course it's just a tabletop simulator, so you do need the rules.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.