[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle Earth : Shadow of War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: Middle-earth_Shadow_of_War.jpg (1008KB, 1801x1073px) Image search: [Google]
Middle-earth_Shadow_of_War.jpg
1008KB, 1801x1073px
Call me a shill,but his game doesn't look too bad.
What do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk197PKSQu4
>>
>daily "I'm no shill, but..." thread

okay shill
>>
>>375731495
>I'm no shill
>post clearly says "call me a shill"
>didn't even bother to watch the whole thing

Try harder next time.
>>
i really dont give a fuck
first game was trash
waste of a license.
>>
>>375731651
>first game was trash

Thanks for explaining why.
>>
>>375731739
why would you care? are you a developer looking for feedback?
then fuck off
>>
>>375731851
>game sucks lmao
>Ok,why?
>Why the fuck do you care ur not a developer XD get rekt kid

Thank you for your input friend.
>>
i've been following IGN's coverage of this and it honestly looks like a solid game. i've always enjoyed these kinds of games.
>>
Honestly, I'd like to see this kind of stuff in a game like far cry 2. It sucks that this game has some really cool mechanics cause the combat system is pretty ass at the end of the day and no one gives a shit about the story.
>>
>>375731385
shadow of mordor was a piece of shit, the only interesting thing about the game was the nemesis system, but it only matters if you die and its not nearly enough to make the game worth playing

this will be even worse
>>
>>375732405
This. It really looks like a much more upgraded version of the first game.
Much bigger,actual movie locations,better nemesis system,more creatures,customization,a harder difficulty,etc.
As long as they make the main story missions,bosses and the ending better,this could be a solid 8/10 at the very least, potentially a 9/10.

People only hate it because of 'Muh Lore'.
>>
>>375732762
It has many flaws,yes, but the nemesis system was like 70% of the game. So more or less,it's at least a 7/10,which is a good game in my eyes.
I don't see how this could be worse.Everything they've shown so far indicates that it is much better than the first game.
>>
>>375731385
But can you romance your orcs though?
>>
>>375732798
>People only hate it because of 'Muh Lore'.
so, the best reason to hate it?
the only thing "middle earth" about it is the name
>>
>>375734995
Fuck off Christopher.
>>
>>375731385
Why does it look so PS3'ish though? It seriously looks like a last gen game.
>>
>>375735372
>ALPHA GAMEPLAY in the bottom right of the video.

Good job.
>>
>>375735510

It's coming out in September though, it won't look any better.
>>
>>375735718
We shall see.
>>
>>375735510
>THEY'RE GOING TO UPGRADE THE GRAPHICS TRUST ME GUYS
>>
>>375735779
Even if they don't, are you really that entitled that you refuse to play a good game if it doesn't meet your 'MUH GRAMPHICS' standard?
>>
>>375731651
That isn't how haikus work dude.
>>375735510
>BUT IT'S A TRAILER
>BUT IT'S AN ALPHA
>BUT IT'S A PRE BETA
>BUT IT'S A BETA
>BUT IT HASN'T BEEN DAY ONE PATCHED YET
>>
>>375735894
I'm not the guy you were taking to, but I won't refuse to play a game because of bad graphics. I will however refuse to play a game because it's terrible.
>>
>>375731385
I really liked the first, but my main complaint was that you got way too overpowered about half way through and the game got really easy (instantly killing 2 people every 5 hits just turned the game into just watching cutscenes every fight)

This seems to crank that issue to 11. I just hope it increases the enemies to be challenging enough in comparison
>>375732798
>People only hate it because of 'Muh Lore'.
That and that one webm of the guy holding down the counter button and nothing else and surviving.
>>
>>375736013
And that is a perfectly good reason not to play something.
But you won't know unless you try it,right?
>>
>>375736075
Correct. But I'm not gonna pay 60€ to try it, that's for sure. Especially if the previous one was such a terrible pile of shit. The only good thing was the nemesis system but that was it. everything else was bad. I don't even have any idea why it carries Middle-earth's name.
>>
>>375736075
there are people itt who will refuse to play it solely because it's going to have xbox exclusive features and dlc and is also a scorpio release title.
>>
>>375736059
I won't deny it,it's a fact that the game is laughably easy once you get used to the combat. Especially midgame.
They are promising to fix this though,not only by adding more traits to uruks and ologs, but also adding a 'hard' mode.

>>375736202
Well,that's fine by me. It's your business what you do with your money. I just like giving anything a fair chance,that's all.

>>375736330
Their loss I guess.
>>
>>375734995
Well.
Only actual "Middle earth" thing are actual books written by mad British man with WW1 PTSD.
Anything other is adaptation vaguely based on conversation with someone who read them all at best.
>>
>>375736461
>Their loss I guess.

you can see how fast the thread died once i mentioned that. brand loyalty never fails to present itself.
>>
What are the improvements over the previous game?. I only hope they save the best stuff frome here (like the nemesis system) and reuse them in the new Bamham.
>>
>>375738154
Alright, I'm going to try to list them. Let's see...

>A better and more expansive nemesis system (more uruk body types,faces,voices,personalities,equipment and weapons,etc.
>Trolls/Olog-hai are added as nemeses
>more creatures
>a lot more maps that are bigger then the previous 2 in the first game
>more movie locations
>each map changes depending on which overlord rules it (it depends on what tribe the overlord's from)
>Followers (uruks you brand) aren't mindless zombies anymore. They have their own personalities, and can betray you
>more creatures to fight and ride. You can now summon your mounts at will too
>Expanded the skill tree.
>Expanded the equipment. You have plenty of amour, daggers and bows to choose from
>Bigger story and better sidequests
>>
>>375731385
it definitely looks better than Nier PS3mata
>>
>>375738921

Well, the only thing that sounds specially useful from that is the nemesis system, i really want to see it in muh Bamham. Can't wait for the E3.
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (51KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
51KB, 685x567px
Playing around with the nemisis system is probably the most fun I've ever had in a Bamham style game so I'll be picking SoW eventually, probably not launch tho'

First one had a rabid hate base but thats mostly because the game goes through great lengths to shit all over LOTR lore. So its a justified hate base
>>
I think it's gonna suck.

If they removed the open-world and made it instance based where the fortresses and the surrounding area are just part of a collection of 'dungeons' as it were then they totally missed the point why the first was so cool.
The first was cool because the nemesis system complemented the openworld, you could actually meet the captains and shit and it felt like a breating living world (despite the map being empty between settlements).

If everything what >>375738921 is true and it's still open-world with the fortresses sprawled on the entire map and the space in between those fortresses is playable then that will make the game instantly into my top 5.
>>
>>375740972
The devs said that each map is still open world,just like the areas in the first game were,only much bigger. Each map has one main fortress (where the overlord is) and a surrounding area that you can explore and meet captains/do missions, etc.
>>
>>375731385
I'll wait for the GOTY edition on sale. $10 seems like an okay price for the entertainment.
>>
>>375731993
first of all, you copypasted combat from banham (thanks WB for borrowing that shit from rocksteady) and parkour for ac2, and even ubi called you out on that
>>
>being so scared to share your opinion you start with "call me a shill"

This is how you spot a redditor

I'll wait until its under 10 bucks for some goty edition, I doubt they improved the combat or difficulty at all
>>
>>375743475
>being so scared

If I was,I wouldn't even post?
The reason why i started with those words was because every one of these threads I was on,the poster was always called a shill.

I simply predicted what you retards would do.That is all.
>>
>>375731385
>new nemesis system revealed
>literally shows us nothing new except the people you place in charge change the environment
we saw this in the first trailer. i want to see the rivalries and friendships they were talking about.
>>
>>375731385
The first game was hot garbage and one of the first games on /v/ where I noticed genuine shilling by a company.
>>
>>375744926
Well I liked it.
>>
>>375743475
Have you seen literally any Shadow of War/Mordor thread. All of them starts with someone calling "shill". Literally all of them, I have yet to find one that didn't.
>>
>>375731385
quite possibly the most boring open world

which is total bullshit when you consider how much potential the setting has

LOTRO, a shitty MMO, was at least made decent by accurately portraying the rings universe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU
>>
>>375743475
Almost every single thread about a popular AAA game in anything other than a completely scalding, pessimistic tone is instantly dismissed as shilling on this website.
>>
>>375745653
as it should be. want to talk about your shitty AAA garbage? go to reddit
>>
>>375745612
complete fag but he's not wrong
>>
>>375745693
What games do you play exactly?
>>
>>375745612
This was always a retarded video to me.
Yes the combat is too easy,won't deny that.
But let's see this guy defeat a group of captains and/or a warchief with strong stats just by pressing the counter button.
Wannabe smartass youtubers need to drown themselves in acid.
>>
>>375745883
>make an enemy who is literally immune to every single mechanic in the game
>"aha see, isn't the game cool now?"
>>
>>375731385
I had a glimmer of hope that they will make the gameplay complex fun, so that it would demand more than pressing A without requiring any timing. Look at 1:47 where the enemy is attacking from you can avoid the attack simply by mashing the attack button with a DELAY and attacking the guy in the opposite direction... It looks even worse and more casualized than the first one
>>
>>375746005
git gud
>>
>>375746135
>build a character around and get used to a certain playstyle
>"lol nope :)"
>>
File: 1469175327742.png (285KB, 360x509px) Image search: [Google]
1469175327742.png
285KB, 360x509px
Who else /preorderedthegoldedition/ here?
>>
>>375743203
You are the kind of person that thinks Batman invented that combat style. Sad
>>
>>375743203

Holy shit you're dumb. Is the Witcher 3 also stealing Batman's combat?

>I can climb stuff in this game and I can also climb stuff in AC so they must be ripping AC off
>>
You're doing a great job! After you're done with this thread come down to Brett's office and run some of the feedback by us. We'll probably go get some Tommy's after if you want to join. Thanks again.
>>
>>375731385
The first game was fun because I paid 10 burger dollars for it, and it was the GOTY edition.
This one looks like the same shit but 90 dollars more expensive.
Anyhow, thanks god Tolkien isn't alive to see this.
>>
>>375746381
>/.../
I don't understand.
>>
>>375746798
>Tolkien
who? is that a dev?
>>
>>375743971
>>375746795
Thanks for proving my exact point.

I swear, /v/tards get more predictable every day.
>>
>>375731739
It's just worse than Arkham City in just about everything it does.
Less options in combat, and fewer enemy types.
No real stealth sections or levels to be found.
More boring plot and characters
>>
>>375746601

>Is the Witcher 3 also stealing Batman's combat?

Haven't played it, but that's what everyone says. And Batman did it first, so...

I'm salty that TW3 got all the accolades that were meant for Batman. All because of the shitty PC port.
>>
>>375731385
looks too similar to the first, not interested
>>
>>375748493
>sequel
>looks too similar

This will never not make me laugh.
>>
>>375746381

>who /goodgoy/
>>
the first game was amazing, considering how cheap it was when I got it

I'll happily buy this one in the summer sale of another year
>>
>>375731739
He watched that one shitty streamer who had not advanced far enough in the game to have a variety of enemy types and was able to just button mash to win, and then proclaimed the game to be trash.
>>
>>375731385
>doing the exact same shit from start to finish
>le open world checklist meme

sorry but no, the first one was boring, this one will be the same
>>
>>375748292
Oh ok, you're a rocksteady shill. The game would have been received better had it not had every sequence being batmobile.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.