[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does noone talk about this game because they think it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: images-26.jpg (31KB, 404x364px) Image search: [Google]
images-26.jpg
31KB, 404x364px
So does noone talk about this game because they think it was bad? Because if this was bad im going to love the other games
>>
This game was bad, you're going to love the other games
>>
>>375729557
Its the only fire emblem ive been able to get ahold of why was it bad? It felt a bit easy but im new to the series
>>
>>375729809
It's a remake of the first game but doesn't do much in "remaking" it leaving it bareones as fuck, lacking a lot of enhancements from the GBA ones
>>
>>375729234
Classic FE is shit. Play awakening or fates instead.
>>
>>375729809
it's pretty bland and all of the side chapters require you to have less than a certain amount of units to access them, so if you want to do everything you have to allow characters to die
>>
>>375730686
Are there any worth playing from the classic ds to gameboy?
>>
>>375730974
No. There's a reason the series was declining before Awakening came out.
>>
>>375730376
I hate this reasoning for this game being bad because it just perpetuates the stereotype that people are only into FE for the waifus and support convos

As a strategy game this game is fine and true to the original. It's fun and most of the maps are fun and not a chore to plow through. Best of all the endgame isn't a complete stompfest with one of your god units, I can't remember there being a unit who could do that here
>>
FE worth playing: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
>>
>>375729234

It's not bad, it's just a very "basic" remake. Nothing new was added aside from the paralogues which had silly requirements.

If you enjoyed that one, definitely consider emulating the sequel which is also on the DS. It didn't come out in English, so you'll have to patch it. After that, I suggest emulating some of the GBA stuff, which are pretty similar. You can also move on to Awakening/Fates, but they introduce some new gameplay mechanics that might take some getting used to. Great games all around, though!
>>
>>375730974
FE6-12 are all solid titles and worth playing at least once.
>>
>>375731101
The last chapter is just warping Marth to the final boss.
>>
>>375731232
>nothing was added
don't get me wrong, shadow dragon is barebones compared to other entries, but theres a TON of QoL changes and rebalancing done to the game. if it was just a paint job on Shadow dragon and the blade of light it would be borderline unplayable.

That being said the remake to new mystery fared much MUCH better
>>
>>375731139
I'm aware shadow dragon is pretty bad, and I do regret playing it.
Played all the others there except for 4
Are awakening and the games after it really that bad?
>>
>>375731101
Shadow Dragon is bad because it completely barebobes compare to the other titles. Reclassing is unbalanced as fuck, and has no support options making every character bland as fuck. Being true to the original is a bad thing, just look at Echoes.
>>
>>375731464
No, Fates Conquest has great gamplay and Echoes while not having the best gameplay, has a surprising good plot that's makes it worth it.
>>
>>375731450

You're right. That was a bit of an exaggeration. I've never played the OG Fire Emblem, so I don't really know what was changed, but I'm sure a lot had to be in order for it to be palatable to modern players.

>>375731491

>Being true to the original is a bad thing, just look at Echoes.

Have you played SoV?
>>
>>375731778
Not him, but I have and it's a shit game.
>>
>>375731778
Not him, but I have and it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>375731491
>completely barebobes
>say the added mechanic of reclassing breaks/changes the game
>>
>>375731778
>Have you played SoV?
Yeah. And it's not very good. Maps are terrible and some are 1:1 copies of the original. Some dungeons rag on for way too long, and forging weapons is still overpowered as fuck. Plus its reslly easy. I haven't finished it however.
>>
>>375731308
Yea not gonna lie i did that
>>
>Kill your units to get Gaiden chapters

Nah
>>
>>375732121
Reclassing does break the game, and the gameplay is barebones to the other titles.
>>
>>375732203

I see. I wanted to ask 'cause I've seen people shitting on it despite having not touched the game.

>forging weapons is still overpowered as fuck

Man, as fun as forging is, they need to either balance it more or get rid of it because it always fucks up the weapon balance. You'd think they would have done it by now since it was a big problem in Fates, but I guess not.
>>
>>375732081
So you enjoy the wide open maps getting swarmed by cavalry, having your undertrained units picked off by warp witches and the retarded skill system?
>>
>>375729234
Shadow Dragon will always hold a special place for being my first fire emblem, and quite frankly I enjoyed it a lot.
But like hell am I gonna go back and replay now.
>>
So /v/ tell me which star level in Shadow Dragon is equivalent to Maniac in FE12?

Maniac in FE12 was fairly challenging but if you tried enough times you could get through it.

Not like FE12 Lunatic where it just feels impossible to proc the mages while also being able to handle the wave that comes with it in the last stage of the prologue
Tried enough times to just give up
>>
>>375729234
>So does noone talk about this game because they think it was bad?
Generally speaking, yes. It wasn't bad, though. It just needed to be like the GBA games to really be popular.

>>375730940
You lose virtually nothing from those chapters. They are included to help people who made mistakes throughout the game.
>lose too many characters
Get some replacements in a couple Gaiden chapters.
>fail to get the Falchion
Get a weaker version is a gaiden chapter. You don't NEED to play the gaiden chapters in the game. It's not goddamn Fire Emblem 7. You aren't missing anything in particular.
>>
>>375732836
The inclusion of passive and active supports fixed the swarming issue since hit/evasion is also modified, and the games heavy focus on terrain bonuses help mitigate that problem since you should be going for those anyways, especially on wide open maps. Swarming is always an issue regardless and you should be directing your units better to begin with if you're having issues with swarming. If anything, requiring only 1 more speed to double is something you should be complaining about, although it makes maps like 3 PALADIN much more dangerous.
Warp witches are squish as fuck and are only a huge issue if they're warping to a Knight, a unit they can outspeed or a unit with no support bonuses near them.
I'll give you the skill system. Having skills tied to weapons is neat in concept but they're practically useless they never see any use.

In general yes I do enjoy it.
>>
>>375731098
Yeah because the DS game was shit compered to the GBA games
>>
>>375730376
>enhancements from the GBA ones
The only thing new things GBA games did were support conversations. Compared to FE5 all it did was remove or simplify gameplay mechanics for newcomers. The only reason the GBA games don't get that much flak for it is because the US started with them and because Awakening simplified things even more.
>>
>>375733531
Swarming is an issue when you're playing on Hard and Alm's side is composed of shitters.
>>
>>375729234
I own this game since release but this is the first time I'm playing through it. It's enjoyable, nothing more, nothing less. It's not a FE I'd want to replay to do an Ironman run, though.
>>
>>375733886
Strongly disagree there.

>>375733531
Seeing as to how this game didn't get the Awakening treatment, I'm looking forward to its release.
>>
If it doesn't have waifubait being thrown in your face every 5 seconds, people on /v/ won't discuss it.
>>
>>375733531
I actually prefer SoV's skills over the other games simply because it's not RNG based. They were more situational sure, but I didn't mind it that much since they saved my ass a good number of times.
>>
File: file.png (100KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
100KB, 256x192px
>>375729234
Good god this game looked ugly
>>
>>375729234
While I think they're among the uglier games in the series, both FE11 and FE12 are good games.
>>
>>375731778
IIRC it added promotions to a bunch of classes that didn't promote, made axes not completely shit tier, worked in weapon triangle and redesigned some aspects of the game for it. marking individual unit and overall enemy range too. Also the gaiden chapters, for better or for worse
>>
File: 1384587825536.png (230KB, 377x489px) Image search: [Google]
1384587825536.png
230KB, 377x489px
>>375735353
>mfw I'd take this again over the crapshit in Tellius/3DS entries

Whatever, this franchise went fucking nowhere. Not a hint of strategy anywhere, stories always suck cock, and now we're back to re-releasing old games right after leapfrogging EA and SE in DLC jewery.
>>
>>375735353
I don't think it's ugly.
>>
>>375736743
>shittalking tellius
nice baito
>>
>>375729809
It's decent, and some of the maps have interesting layouts, like the Gharnerf chapters, the one with Hardin, or the wooden cavalry.

The main negatives were the new prologue characters locked to NM, gaiden chapters only recruited by killing off most of your army, and 90% of the characters had no dialogue outside their recruitment convo, or less than that in the case of Tomas, Dolph, Cord, Barst, Maeccelan etc.

If you liked 11 though I would recommend you trying 12, because that is a direct sequel that fixes all those things.

>>375731139
Only negs I've heard about 12 are the 8 chapter prologue, Malice being a mym, rather than a merc, and MU's impact on the story. Is there more I'm missing?
>>
>>375729234
This is actually the fire emblem that got me into the series but yeah after playing some of the other entries this one is a bit rough. I'd say that only hard core fans should bother playing it now
>>
File: Transcendant_Wrys.jpg (39KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Transcendant_Wrys.jpg
39KB, 400x500px
SD and especially New Mystery could have been perfect if it just put the "improvements" as options (like Second Wave in XCOM). Shit like reclassing and the weapon triangle are fine on second playthrough or if you're a shitter, but it's goddamn annoying if you prefer an unbroken game. Not to mention the removal of dismounting fucking ruins some amazing maps in New Mystery, and the ability to play without an avatar would be nice as well.
>>
>>375740787
Re-classing is fucking optional though, nobody is forcing you to re-class anybody.
>>
>>375739010
The Assassin's plotline can be a hit or miss. I personally liked it.
It still keeps Shadow Dragon's ugly aesthetics.
Other than that and the things you mentioned I can't really thing of anything else.
>>
>>375740916
You're right and I'm not sure why I mentioned it there, ignore it.
>>
>>375735312
I guess, but the fact that a Steel Lance teaches Armorslayer but Clair still does more damage to the Baron just by doubling him over using the skill makes me not bother most of the time.
>>
I really hated the artstyle, but when deciding on which of the marth games to play, I'd recommend the DS ones, the gameplay and mechanics are much better. I preferred the SNES one when it came to the aesthetics, but it felt pretty archaic.
>>
>>375741150
I can't disagree with you there. Some of the skills were useless, especially on faster characters. It really depends on who uses what weapon. Since not everyone is a speed demon like Clair.
>>
>>375741210
I actually liked the artsyle fo the most part, apart from that the only signifier on prites was hair colour.
>>
>>375729234
Essentially it's two things, one is the GBAbbies expected it to play just like their games and the people who already played the original or SNES remake felt this was pointless since it stuck so close to the source material.
>>
>>375738102
You have to admit the tellius games are ugly.

Even for the time they looked shitty.
>>
>>375743996
If they're so ugly then how come waifu-fags still go nuts over Ilyana, Mia, Lethe, and Neph?
>>
>>375731101
Its pretty much universally agreed. even that the time of release that shadow dragon wasn't that good.
>>
>>375744407
What does in-game graphics have to do with official art
>>
>>375743996
that's still quite bearable, definitely not morrowind tier
the ds titles however are ugly on a whole other level
>>
File: 1493709672506.jpg (2MB, 2480x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1493709672506.jpg
2MB, 2480x3507px
Reminder that Echoes will likely be better than whatever new Fire Emblem comes after it.
>>
>>375746263
What if that game is a Genealogy remake?
>>
File: 1486533188305.png (79KB, 281x260px) Image search: [Google]
1486533188305.png
79KB, 281x260px
>>375746653
Then it will be possibly a little better.
Genealogy wasn't very good for a lot of reasons people are calling Echoes shit for.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.