[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rate the music in this game? You can also talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (82KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
82KB, 460x215px
How would you rate the music in this game?

You can also talk about the game itself. The gameplay is fucking amazing, I love this shit.

But I'm hung up on whether I like the music. Sure it's hauntingly beautiful and subdued but after beating it I can't remember any of the songs. Not one catchy tune.

Is being able to remember a song the mark of a good game OST or is it that the songs are appropriate for each level? They all use roughly the same orchestral soundfont.
>>
>>375726076
Was this game like super FotM and now we aren't talking about it?

I just beat it and it was good. Really good, and fucking long as shit. Twenty five fucking hours (but a few too many were backtracking in the massive world).
>>
>>375726076
City of Tears is a comfy track.
>>
This is the best metroidvania ive ever played not even memeing
Music is good at what it does, it focus on creating an atmosphere rather than on being catchy
>>
>>375727195

/v/ ignoring this game just shows how deep this board has fallen, nobody here plays vidya anymore
>>
>>375728659
Does that mean that when people were talking about it, it was shilling from the devs?

Does an outstanding game ever have discussion last on /v/?
>>
File: 1438287566298.jpg (237KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438287566298.jpg
237KB, 480x800px
Switch version when?
>>
>>375728659
The little autistic lego-man main character must be turning people off.
>>
As I said last thread, Queens Garden's is the best track in the game
>>
>>375726076
Explain why this is good. It looks pretty but plays nothing special.
>>
>>375729992
Having just beaten it I'd say it's the standard metroidvania

But the combat and bosses are a huge leap above the average. It skirts the line between hard and bullshit. If you want a game to challenge you but hate impossible bullshit then this is the perfect game.

Also the world is fucking massive. A dozen times I'd pick apart a secret entrance, go through, and bam there's another massive level.
>>
>>375729992

Because it does the "metroidvania" formula superbly right and has soul put into it
>>
>>375730732
>>375730545
You deleted the wrong part of your post

Saying a game has soul amkes you look like a queer

It is objectively beautiful though and has elegantly orechestrated music and a fuckbig map.
>>
>>375731327

I thought my post was redundant
>>
And yes the game has soul put into it, how does saying that make me look like a queer?
>>
I am disappointed that people don't realize how absolutely fucking amazing this game's combat is.

In fact it's so perfect, I don't even know how will DLC characters are gonna compete.

the term Metroidvania doesn't do it justice,
Hollow Knight combat is to other Metroidvania what Mega Man X4 is to Megaman 1.
>>
File: 1489118972366.jpg (196KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
1489118972366.jpg
196KB, 600x587px
>>375726076
> Not one catchy tune.
I completely disagree. I'm only halfway through, and can say that City of Tears, Hornet, Greenpath, and Dirtmouth are all quite good and memorable. All of them I went to look up when outside of the game just to enjoy them on their own.
Especially City of Tears.
>>
>>375732527
the combat is simple yet extremely balanced and fun
especially after you get the trinket that makes charge attacks fast as fuck
it was surprisingly enjoyable to go through the Coliseum, felt like you can style on enemies effortlessly if you're good with combat system

and healing/magic system is really great
>>
File: 14957770._SX540_.jpg (37KB, 540x417px) Image search: [Google]
14957770._SX540_.jpg
37KB, 540x417px
TFW down attacking spikes just right let's you pogo

TFW You do it to sequence break into the Mawlek as your first boss
>>
File: 310.png (63KB, 310x252px) Image search: [Google]
310.png
63KB, 310x252px
>>375733740
Hollow Knight confirmed for essential lovecraftcore
>>
I can remember the Hornet battle theme pretty well.
The soundtrack is very atmospheric, so it's a joy to listen to but difficult to recall later. Too much subtlety on average, and too bombastic at the action parts to just be something you can hum.
Usually. Like I said, Hornet's fight song is very easy to hum and remember.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.