[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC suggestion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: tcmr.jpg (16KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
tcmr.jpg
16KB, 300x199px
>be poorfag
>not gay enough to be consolefag anymore
>need decent gaming PC under $400
Any recommendations on a good prebuilt? I already have a monitor and input so that's taken care of.
>>
You will not find a good prebuilt for under $400, raise your budget or build it yourself
>>
>>375724873

Fuck no bro, how you gonna get a comp with 15' screen and good graphics card without going over $400? Try $800+ for decent shit
>>
>>375724873
You won't find a prebuilt for $400 thats capable of gaming. If your budget is that low your going to need to build it yourself.
>>
>>375725024
I already have a monitor, and I'm not trying to play the latest shit on highest settings or anything. I'd just like to be able to play some old shit like Dark Souls on moderate settings and without a terrible frame rate on 15 year old Blizzard games.
>>
>>375724873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUahVQso0Q
That's the best I got
Pay some faggot to assumble it and install an OS if you are inept.
>>
>>375724873
PlayStation 4
>>
>>375724873
Prebuilt stuff for under 400 don't even have graphics cards. Build it yourself or get a console. You can also get it used but I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
Build it yourself

G4560
1050ti
8GB ddr4 2400
B250
Cheap hdd
Evga 450w psu

That should run you around $400 before tax and while it won't blow anybody's socks off you'll be able to play almost everything fine.
>>
>>375725357
Frankly I'm just lazy, but if it's really almost impossible to get anything decent prebuilt for $400 then I guess building it is my only choice. In your experience, how long does it take to build one? A few hours not including OS installation?
>>
>>375725357
https://youtu.be/eyD1Eh9mQAg

Here's some benchmarks for that setup, could splurge another $50 and throw a rx570 in there if you wanted.

https://youtu.be/NdCI9xNd0Fc

That's for the 470, 570 is just clocked higher.
>>
>>375725472
not him, but a couple hours is probably about reasonable assuming it's your first time and you're pausing frequently to look at the /g/ wiki or something
>>
>>375725646
Yeah, I've never built one before. I know the whole "five year olds can build a PC" meme but it's still a bit intimidating with my limited budget as I don't want to fuck something up and waste my money.
>>
>>375725472
My first build took me about an hour. I think it's Newegg that has a great instruction video on YouTube. It's super easy, things just plug right in, and generally only into 1 spot so it's hard to mess up.

Even putting the CPU in is easy as it can only go in one way.

My second build took me about 30 minutes with all the parts ready to go and doing some cable management.

If it's your first build go for like a fractal design core 1100 and don't worry too much about cable management as long as it's not horrible it's fine.
>>
>>375725472
>>375725764
https://youtu.be/d_56kyib-Ls

There's that newegg video I was talking about. I just had it playing on my iPad while I was building the first time.
>>
>>375725783
If it's really that easy, I guess I'll give it a shot. I've disassembled game consoles and put them back together by memory, so plug and play couldn't be too bad. My main concern is just making sure I have everything and that I don't fuck something up and have to endure the headache of troubleshooting for hours and hours.
>>
>>375725963
Cool, thanks for the link anon. Would you say Newegg is a good place to buy parts too?
>>
>>375724873
>prebuilt

No. Get a Dell and stick a GPU in it or get old parts.

top C2Quads and 1st gen i7s are still very capable. Get a budget card like the 750/1050 and stick to 720p.
>>
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/92NJHN

Here you go OP, this won't blow anybody's socks off like I said before, and I've posted the benchmarks but this would be fine for a first build. You can always upgrade it as well.
>>
>>375724873
Get a part time job
>>
>>375725983
>>375726072
Use pcpartpicker like the link I posted to a build.

It will tell you if there are any issues with the build, and will only give you compatible parts once you pick the motherboard.
>>
>>375724873
eBay or Craigslist. Use parts from an old family pc if you have to.
>>
I'm feeling helpful today OP so I'll compile my posts to help you out.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/92NJHN

This build is around the $400 mark, if you can go up to $450 grab a RX570 and keep the rest the same.

These are benchmarks for the 1050ti
https://youtu.be/eyD1Eh9mQAg
And for the RX470, which is lower clocked then a 570 so you can expect slightly higher then the video
https://youtu.be/NdCI9xNd0Fc

Pcpartpicker will give you the lowest prices, if you have a Microcenter near you that's a great place as well.

https://youtu.be/d_56kyib

Set aside a couple hours for the build just in case and use this video above.

You'll have a capable pc to play what you are looking for, but it's also capable of being upgraded in the future, maybe in a year or so you want to get a better CPU or GPU that build will allow it. You can always throw in another 8GB of memory at any point once you get more money, or throw a m.2 sad in there to put windows and a couple favorite games on.

If you build it yourself it's a fun experience, and it will make you appreciate it more, you built this.

Also playasia has Windows 10 Pro keys for like $20, but you can also just make a boot drive off the Microsoft website and use it for free if you don't mind a transparent watermark occasionally and no customization.
>>
>>375727127
Thanks anon, I greatly appreciate the help. One other thing - I'm currently using Windows 10 on this shit laptop, and frankly I find it nightmarish coming from W7, but I'm not sure if that's really the fault of the OS or the awful hardware. Are there an discernable advantages with W10, as W7 has fewer compatibility issues no?
>>
>>375727375
I like windows 10 more then 7. Compatibility wise I would just got with 10.

I never had any issues with 10 besides Forza Horizon 3 but that's more being windows 10 store then anything which you don't really have to bother with.
>>
>>375727721
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>375724873
get a job nigger
>>
>>375727837
Wanna take care of my kids while I pick up a second one?
>>
>>375727375
And you're welcome. PC parts have come a long way and you can get great performance from even "budget" parts.

For instance the difference between the $60 G4560 and the $180 i5 7400 is like 10% but it's a 200% increase in price.

I hope you have fun with your build. There's some great experiences to be had with pc gaming especially the flexibility of it hardware wise.

Having a pc and a PS4 Pro gives me about every experience I could want.
>>
>>375725357
>intel cpu
>b250
que?
>>
You're going to have a shit experience with that kind of budget, even if you build it yourself.

A PS4 is like under 200 bucks nowadays, you'll be playing every relevant game at decent settings for the next couple of years with that.

Are you interested in some PC exclusives or is it just to join the meme club?
>>
>>375724873
You need to spend at least $1000 on a decent PC that's better than a console
>>
>>375728134
Yep. 1151 socket.

If you are going with Kaby lake on a budget build that's the only choice really since you don't have to worry about flashing the bios to support kaby lake.

>>375728207
>>375728212
OP don't listen to these idiots.

You don't seem to care about ultra/1440p/144hz so a budget build will do you fine.

If you outgrow it just upgrade the parts. You definitely don't need to spend a grand to game on pc, the whole part of pc gaming is flexibility.
>>
>>375728207
> under 200 bucks

Are sonybros really so dumb they don't realise for 5 years online (which everyone plays) it's an extra $300
>>
>>375729503
>Are sonybros really so dumb they don't realise for 5 years online (which everyone plays) it's an extra $300
beats having to buy a new graphics card and cpu every year to make your entire build not obsolete
>>
>>375729503
It's probably not even a console fanboy saying that, it's probably pc master race idiot who thinks that you need to spend lots of money to play games on pc.

>>375729661
I'm primarily a PS4 player, but I use my pc quite a lot.

That's not how pc gaming works though...even the $400 build I put above would last you a couple years, just lower a couple settings it will still be as console levels afterwards.

Then buy a 1250ti or whatever in a couple years for $125 and you're good to go for a bit. Then upgrade the CPU and motherboard for $125 after.

You don't have to spend $500 on a CPU and gpu every year to stay relevant.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.