[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leave Ocarina of Time's Metacritic score to me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: smo.png (553KB, 702x1137px) Image search: [Google]
smo.png
553KB, 702x1137px
Leave Ocarina of Time's Metacritic score to me
>>
Screencap this now:
Metacritic score: 80
Units sold on launch day: 100k
total lifetime sold:3 million

This game will flop and have bad reviews. I can't wait to have the best christmas gift ever, by watching nintendo die while the more superior systems shine
>>
Not a chance.
>>
>>375719557
As if that would happen.
You must be retarded, if you truly belief this.
>>
I know that everyone's done to death the "googly eyes" jokes about the hat and Rare (or I guess Playtonic now) with respect to the aesthetic, but there's an interesting aspect there that people aren't discussing:

Why do the old-school exploration-collectathon-platformer games almost always seem to feature the player controlling a pair of characters?

Banjo and Kazooie, Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank, Mario and Fludd. Mario didn't have a "little buddy" character in 64, but ever since Link got Navi in Ocarina they've been goddamn omnipresent. Now Yooka and Laylee are doing it, and Mario's now got this hat.

It's not even a bad thing, I usually like the little buddy character dynamic, but why does it work so well for this type of game?
>>
>>375719937
mostly it seems
>2nd character is funny
>2nd character is knowledgeable
>2nd character is voice for silent protag
and/or
>2nd character has abilities, mostly relating to traversal of obstacles

i think any or a combo of those satisfy all the games you mentioned as well as any i can think of
>>
>>375719557
Absolutely impossible, it will sell a million at launch on hype alone.
>>
>>375719557
t. mad sonyegro.
>>
>>375719436
ur mr gay
>>
File: sonic 06 confirmed.jpg (417KB, 2542x1426px) Image search: [Google]
sonic 06 confirmed.jpg
417KB, 2542x1426px
>>375721487
>>375719436
>>
>>375719436
I won't be better than Galaxy, that's for sure
>>
>>375721765
>Linear babies unironically believe this
>>
>>375721765
course clear 3D is shit, sorry senpai
>>
>>375719436
Too many contrarians like cuck sterling out there to ever happen, unless metacritic bans them or something
>>
>>375719557
>MY COMPANY IS BETTER DAHN URS
go back to the 90's with your
SONT DUSE WUT NITNEDONT XDXSXDXDXXD
>>
it'll have a metacritic score of 99 for a week untl based /ourguy/ jim sterling shows up with his unbiased hot take 5/10 review
>>
>>375721685
woah
>>
>>375720410
But those are all after-the-fact roles that are given TO the second character.

The question is why? Why can't there be a single main character who is knowledgeable or funny or who has interesting abilities? Why is it always a a duo?

You never really see it in other genres. It seems to be localized to the cartoonish adventure-collectathon type thing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.