[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Surge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: 1492678812-thesurge-09.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492678812-thesurge-09.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Releases in 2 weeks
>No one gives a shit because "muh Lords of the Fallen devs"

People have been begging for a Sci-Fi Souls, and I'm willing to give them a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3nbCqDLU8
>>
>>375716747
>All that slowmo when every strike hits
Good God, what where they thinking?
>>
>>375716747
looks aight.
>>
>ps4
uhhh no thanks i like my games to be fun
>>
I respect these c tier arpgs because i remember the horibble arpgs last gen.
>>
>>375716747
Hello Mister Shill.
How are you doing today?
>>
I hate the design so much. Everything is so boxy and stupid looking.
>>
looks kinda floaty, all it has going for is graphics
>>
>>375717389
if you want floaty check out code vein

from save us, no one else can make these apparently
>>
>>375716747
>Litterally just sci-fi souls
Jesus, I was expecting something unique out side of that, but no, it's actually just dark souls with a sci-fi texture pack.
Do people have no shame? Blatently copying games is one thing, but copying BAD games? Why.
>>
>>375717490
I know 1 dev team that rivals fromsoft with weightiness and that is the team that made dragons dogma.
>>
Lords of the Fallen felt way too sluggish and this looks exactly like this
>>
>>375717626
Fucking this
>want sci-fi Souls-like with cool laser weapons and aliens
>get yet another stupid post-apoc robot fighting sim
Never dropped a game so hard
>>
>>375717389
yeah holy shit that combat looks and sounds terrible
>>
>>375717015
It's on pc too you fucking pćuck
>>
File: Planet_of_the_Rapes.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
Planet_of_the_Rapes.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>make dark souls clone
>no character creator
>it fails
>do it again
>>
Game looks like hot garbage.

Pre-dropped.
>>
>>375716747
>People have been begging for a Sci-Fi Souls
Yes, a Sci-Fi SOULS, meaning from FROM, not some tryhard copy cat that's sponsored by some czech / polak publisher that's full of shit since day one.
I mean I'm happy that devoloper like this get money from retarded publishers for shit like this, more mouths getting food, but fuck.
>>
>floaty, clunky as hell combat again
what is wrong with these devs
>>
>>375718251
They mocap with people using sticks.
>>
>>375716747
When I first saw it AGES ago it didn't look great, but with the last 1 or 2 gameplay vids I think its looking better and better.

I'm probably not gonna buy it at launch, but yeah, looks cool.
>>
>>375716747
Yeah... a chance as in reading every single review and watching all the stuff on youtube, before touching it with a stick.
>>
>>375718251
>>375718374
That's why they had to add slowmo with every hit to make it feel/look like it has more weight to it.
>>
>>375717490
>>375717640
>what is Monster Hunter
>>
>>375718135
>We want Sci-Fi Souls
>From never makes one
K, then

>some other dev decides to make it
FUCKING TRYHARDS COPYING FROM SUCK MY COCK CZECHS
>>
>>375717941
I mean there might not be aliens, but there IS laser weapons.
>>
>>375716747
>no character creation again
>have to play as Beef McLargeHuge again
I might still try it but fuck if that's not a huge disappointment.
>>
>>375718089
Yeah, the character creation is the problem here, not shamelessly ripping off other games. It worked soooooo well during the, Zombie fad, Card game fad, and Moba fad. everyone knows that the most successful games are copies of other successful games, right after they become popular.
>>
Ok I still don't understand what people mean when they say "floaty" combat. People said that about DS2 and I just don't understand it. What is "floaty"? Do you mean "weightless"? Because these weapons seem to have weight to them.
>>
I don't know what I would call this, but I wouldn't really call it "sci-fi".

I mean, it is, but it is just SUCH a bland take on the genre that it doesn't really count as even being within the genre.

Its hard to explain, somebody, help me out here. I can't be the only one who feels this way.
>>
File: vein.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
vein.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>375718732
>>
>>375716747
it looks boring
how did they manage to make sci fi souls look boring?
>>
>fantasy setting
>no ranged weapon aside from that fucking terrible gauntlet
>sci-fi setting
>still no goddamn motherfucking ranged weapon outside of an ineffectual drone that requires a resource to summon

I don't get it, I just don't fucking get it
>>
>>375718732
They "seem" to because of the slowmotion they added when a weapon hit.
>>
>>375718825
Yeah I get it, the weapons are weightless and have no impact. The Surge doesn't look like that, the heavier weapons have a good amount of weight.
>>
>>375718801
Same. This is NOT the scifi Souls I wanted. And I can't imagine anyone else wanted it either. When I think of sci-fi Souls I think an epic space opera with aliens and laser weapons and huge alien bosses. Not a boring uninspired post-apocalyptic robot brawler.
>>
I think it looks ok, its not exactly souls but im ok with that, its probably why I like Nioh as well.
It has soul elements but isn't just the same game with a different skin, also getting new gear and shit also looks kinda cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VJLALTlBE

I probably won't get it at launch but down the line a bit sure.
If its at least as good as Nioh I'm all good.
>>
>>375716747

Looks tedious. Will get it in when it's like 10 bucks.
>>
>>375718980
hes doing sick backflips and 7 meter dodges with a big ass metal armor
>>
>>375718980
In this case with Surge I think they are talking about the disconnect between the player and the world.

There are some points particular some of the jumps where the physics dont look right, or the character looks like they are "skating" through the world, but that doesn't look like it happens often imo, so whatevs, looks ok to me.
>>
>>375718890
Well its not a warzone, its not a medieval castle like souls where you would expect weapons.

It looks like you probably play a guy working in a factory that went to shit when AI got out or control or something.
I assume there might eventually be shit like mining lasers or something, or is it confirmed theres no ranged weps?
>>
>>375719238
Yeah an exosuit...
>>
>>375716747
>muh clunky souls-like

Just let this terrible """genre""" die already. Souls was always garbage.
>>
I was kinda interested in this game, until you said "sci fi souls"

Souls is fucking shit and I wont play any game that is compared to it
>>
>>375716747
Looks much better than when it was first announced, but still not amazing. I'll play it though.
>>
File: 1493257824684.jpg (22KB, 348x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493257824684.jpg
22KB, 348x375px
What the fuck were they thinking with that visual style
>>
Honestly, when I say sci-fi souls. I mean Cyberpunk. Or 1000+ years in the future. Not 50-100 years in the future.
>>
>>375716747
>Sci-Fi Souls like
No, it's an Industrial Souls.
Want to know why nobody thought of making those? Because industrial settings are boring as fuck.
>>
>>375720000
Destiny and Borderlands it seems like.
>>
>>375719553
The design is important though. It doest look like its made for him to do crazy flips, it looks more like a power armor. Even if he has enough power to freely dash with that armor on, there is no indication of the power needed to push all that weight or any indication of weight when he lands from something like a backflip.
If it was a slim suit all that mobility would be justified. I would look stange seeing a metal gear rex flying arround like a ZotE mech because mobility it doesnt fit rexs design.
They can still give that armor mobility options, but they have to also be aware that showing the armors weight and the power needed to move it across the room is needed. Imagine if stamina was a fuel meter and every dash, jump or backflip would fire up some rockets that would push him away, add a landing animation that shows the suits weight.
>>
>>375716747
>people have been begging for Sci0Fi souls

When? This isn't even Sci-Fi souls. The whole game takes place at a Industrial plant
>>
File: technomancer.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
technomancer.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
>>375718646
>>375718089
Yeah, I already had my fill of generic bland male protag clobbering other bland human enemies with sticks in a generic third-rate souls-like in Technomancer. Which is double disappointing because the previous title Bound By Flame from those frenchies, did have very basic but working customization.
>>
>>375721842
People have been begging for sci fi souls by FROM SOFTWARE, not some by fuckheads who have no idea what they are diong.
>>
>>375721889
>Technomancer
>souls-like

You might be suffering from terminal retardation.
>>
>has futuristic technology like a laser axe
>it's not sci-if cause they are in an industrial plant

Wow, sure are some stupid fucking people in here. It doesn't need to be set in some weird fucking place to be sci-if, learn what that term means, holy shit.
>>
>>375716926
I believe you can turn that off. I know you can turn off the muh cinematic slow mo executions.
>>
I feel From dropped the ball on DS3.
Heavy armor does nothing, shield does nothing, everything even rats interrupt everything except hyperarmor attacks.
PvE is equip straight sword, spam light attacks.
Boss fights is roll roll roll, poke poke, roll roll roll, poke poke. Takes forever with Gael because fucker has literally 15000HP in NG, but that doesn't make the last fight any more exciting.

There's plenty of space for another third person slasher but the devs have to try a little bit too, like good combat or interesting enemies and the like. So far Surge looks kinda generic but I'll check it out in a couple weeks.
>>
BEGONE SHILL
>>
>>375721771
Fair enough.

Stamina is kinda like that, just from this thread been doing some research, dodging and jumping and shit costs energy, enemies can also shoot EMPs at you to drain your energy.
>>
>>375722742
Sounds like every other Souls game- trash.
>>
>>375720000
FUTURISTIC POLYGON ARMOR BRO
EVERYTHING IS POLYGONS

also checked
>>
Looks alright, if a bit repetitive.
Glad it's coming out on PC as well
http://store.steampowered.com/app/378540/The_Surge/
>>
>People have been begging for a Sci-Fi Souls, and I'm willing to give them a chance.
what? who? i dont think iv seen a single person ask for this.
>>
>>375716747

>Muh lords of the fallen devs
>another souls ripoff

Did you play Lords of the Fallen it was shit and not just because of the combat. The core design they ripped from dark souls and morphed into shit was real shit and you'd be lucky if you could make it more then an hour in.
>>
>>375723007
>enemies can also shoot EMPs at you to drain your energy
thats a nice touch
>>
looks gay
>>
>>375723249
Thanks.
Just preordered, cheers
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.