[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XCOM or X-Com?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

XCOM or X-Com?
>>
JA2
>>
>>375716668
Has it aged well? I'm looking for a new game like these
>>
>>375717219
aged better than original x-com, and with 1.13 it's basically the ultimate in turn-based squad tactics
>>
The original.

Having a 20 man squad of fodder, the time system, being able to build your base anywhere, having to personally equip every dude before missions etc... is a lot more fun and dynamic than having a supersquad if 4-6 dudes who rarely die in your pre-set base locations where they all have some basic ass shitty skill tree with only two choices that you're going to pick the same shit every time with regardless and you get epic super-power abilities like it's a moba or some shit.
>>
>>375717942
>4-6 dudes
yeah that really bothered me about new x-com

i mean shit, i go through that many rookies just gettin' out of the skyranger
>>
>>375718305
>walk out of Skyranger
>immediate explosion and it kills all my dudes
probably the worst part of OG X-Com, speaking of, will Phoenix Point be more like XCOM or X-Com?
>>
>>375718598
there's no telling at this point, really. i'd guess a bit of both
>>
File: 1493682601388.webm (461KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493682601388.webm
461KB, 1280x1024px
>>375718598
posting this from the previous thread
>>
>>375718897
It'll probably be a bit of both, I just hope I can have 20 man squads again
>>
>>375718598
>will Phoenix Point be more like XCOM or X-Com?
I'm guessing it'll be more like the UFO series (Aftermath/shock/light) with turn-based combat instead.
>>
>>375719154
How are you supposed to stop something like this from happening? my only guess would be to turn save scumming on and hope it doesn't happen again
>>
>>375716570
why not both?
>>
>>375716570
if you're going to play original x-com, get openxcom, it's great: https://openxcom.org/git-builds/

whole lot of bugfixes and quality of life improvements that you'll never want to do without again
>>
>>375716570
Obviously the original. The new XCOM has so many arbitrary restrictions and it pisses me off.

>limited squad for no fucking reason
>all maps are small
>timer based missions are always short as fuck

And a personal desire of mine has always been to have a co-op feature. Split your squad into 2 platoons and have 2 different commanders on the field. Is that so hard?
>>
>>375718598
He said he was trying to make a it mixture of both.
>>
wow, you people actually play that old crap from 20 years ago? just, wow, you're not impressing anyone, you're just a tryhard
>>
>>375719287
>And a personal desire of mine has always been to have a co-op feature. Split your squad into 2 platoons and have 2 different commanders on the field. Is that so hard?
>tfw playing the original hotseat co-op
>>
>@375719380
your mother is old crap from 50 years ago
>>
>>375719287
Those are pretty autistic things to hate desu famalam
>>
>>375719259
You don't. The only thing XCOM really needs from the original are the physical bullets.
>>
>>375719664
Shut your face, casual.
>>
>>375719287
>Small maps
I've seen some really big maps in XCOM2 man. You just don't realize it because of the timers and pod system.
>>
>>375719807
Sure, it's not like I would ever want to speak to an autistic piece of shit
>>
>>375719960
>wanting a better game without arbitrary limitations is autistic
wew
>>
>>375720026
It's not like XCOM's original limitations weren't any less arbitrary, and you can increase it to 12 with long war anyway
>>
>>375720461
Long War helps a lot, but it doesn't fix everything. Here's to hoping Phoenix Point isn't nearly as casual as these new games.
>>
How do I do base infiltration missions in UFO Defense? It's just room with a few red tiles and I don't know what to do
>>
>>375720826
Go down the red tiles.
>>
>>375720927
Well shit, now I just feel silly
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.