[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaving good games rot in dead platforms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: ROF.jpg (161KB, 800x931px) Image search: [Google]
ROF.jpg
161KB, 800x931px
>Amazing graphics even better than most jrpgs today
>Fun
>original
>Sega never bothered to bring this to Steam despite Valkyria Chronicles sales

Why kill a potential IP like this? It failed because FF13 was the star but now it could sell much better.
>>
Never ever PCu ck
>>
It was repetitive and the story was barebones

Stops being fun after 20 hours
>>
Sega hates PC for some reason even though they make bank on it. Japs are literally braindead especially Sega who could use all that paper.
>>
>>375714494
That sounds a lot better than not being fun until 20 hours
>>
File: resonance-of-fate-walkthrough14.jpg (549KB, 1348x1011px) Image search: [Google]
resonance-of-fate-walkthrough14.jpg
549KB, 1348x1011px
This game was good BUT the combat was not 100% perfect. Plus the boss battles had some gimmicks that if you learned before you could defeat pretty easily.
The grinding is the worst because you need countless battles to progress in the game

Story, setting and mission progression is very good but I feel this game was ultimately rushed due to time consuming power station/hexes. I felt they wanted to improve the system but it would take a lot of time
>>
>>375714328
It's a mediocre game with a nonsensical story and combat that doesn't evolve at all throughout the game. Once you got through the tutorials you saw everything combat had to offer. The map/overworld system was retarded too.
>>
>>375714607

I hope they change their minds with the Bayonetta success

>>375714754

Which is why I would like another chance and a sequel, the game was pretty unique
>>
>>375714451
>sega

it's coming boys
>>
>>375714832
>I hope they change their minds with the Bayonetta success
What success? If your game doesn't come with Denuvo or multiplayer you can forget about good sales on PC and even then it's a toss up.
>>
Its not dead. All you need is a ps3. Problem solved.
>>
>>375714832
tri-ace pretty much invested so much in this game that they needed better sales to make sequels. The thing is they didn't realize by such big project they needed the casual audience (specially for this kind of aesthetic). If they had improved the hex system with less time consuming tasks and added more battle options this could have easily been a long series.

Sega would never fund another big project like that.
>>
>>375714328
>Combat was the most convoluted shit ever to learn
>Once you do finally "get" it it lacks depth
>Story goes nowhere for first 5 hours
>Gameplay doesn't add things like most JRPGs do

I liked it stylistically and it was good to get a non-medieval/renaissance JRPG and they threw a lot of free costumes at you, but I couldn't take it moving at a snails pace when I had so much other shit to play.

I remember the characters being funny, maybe I'll go back to it
>>
Infinite Undiscovery is a much more polished and well-made game than Resonance of Fate.
>>
>>375715132
Leanne being cute redeems every flaw this game has
>>
>>375714328
I usually pirate games but Sega published weeb games are usually ones I'd buy on PC.

Always wanted to play this and own it on PS3 but I don't want that aliasing, fuck that shit.
>>
WHAT'S TOO SMALL?
>>
>>375715000
enjoy your laggy blur
>>
>>375715173
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veNzrIn04O4

I need to finish that game
>>
>>375714678
I love the FF13 gets better on Pulse meme.
It doesn't.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.