/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why on earth isn't this your GOTY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 2912120-81fez0skvll._ac_sl1500_.jpg (120KB, 578x640px) Image search: [Google]
2912120-81fez0skvll._ac_sl1500_.jpg
120KB, 578x640px
Why on earth isn't this your GOTY?
>>
dub
>>
Because I played it three years ago.
>>
Because they didn't localize it as Kirby's Avalanche vs Tetris.
>>
Because I'm not an EOP and bought it three years ago
>>
20-30 year old versions of the 2nd-5th best versions of these games

this is /v/ so of course we don't talk about actually good games, but you could always do yourself a favor and try something new:

tetris battle gaiden: best competitive tetris by a wide margin
pnickies: early precursor to puyo shit
tetris and bombliss: best pure tetris, one of the cleanest competitive presentations
>>
Because I don't like Tetris
>>
>>375705901
I'm not good at tetris or puyo puyo and I don't enjoy it very much either
>>
>>375706091
This. I bought the horribly localized English version tough.
>>
>>375706506
Prickles is fucking awful, what the fuck
>>
>>375706689
reading comprehension

puyo is shit no matter how far back in time you go

I guess I have to spell everything out
>>
>>375706506
Pnickies came out three years after puyo and plays barely anything like it, retard.
>>
>>375706739
Tsu/Fever/Fever 2 are good,. retard.
Just because your only experience with the game is Mean Bean Machine and you don't know what offsetting is doesn't mean Puyo is bad.
>>
>>375706805
holy shit son you take the internet pretty fucking seriously dont you

you googled that, except you didnt notice that the first versions were on a home computer

in other words, an old concept adapted to an arcade game, nothing could possibly make pnickies or puyo anything except shit tier games for females, I think thats the part you're upset about, you actually like it
>>
>>375707008
Puyo plays so unlike pnickies, though. Where the fuck is your dumb-ass comparison coming from? Even the base matching rules are different. If you're saying that both games being "old concepts turned into arcade games" makes them both equally shit, then how the fuck does the same not apply to Tetris?
>>
>>375707008
Of course I googled it, who the fuck has heard of fucking pnickies? It's still nothing like puyo puyo, and you're still a retarded autist.
>>
This is my first experience with Puyo Puyo and I'm really enjoying it. Admittedly, I'm pretty shit at it, but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played of the campaign so far.

That said, I don't think I could call it my GotY simply because of the genre itself. With the way video games have evolved, attachment to the story plays an integral part of how powerful a vidya feels. Although the story is there, it's not something I would consider enthralling, and definitely not something I'll remember the rest of the year. Puzzle games just don't excel in this aspect. Based on gameplay merits alone, it's noteworthy, incredibly fun, and dangerously addicting, but that alone doesn't make it GotY worthy for me. I'm still leaning towards Yakuza 0 with BotW as a close second.
>>
File: Img501206_l.png (23KB, 309x440px) Image search: [Google]
Img501206_l.png
23KB, 309x440px
Have any of you seen a boy with blue hair and a red hand around here?
>>
How is everyone so good at this game.
>>
How do I learn better Tetris

How do I get better at dropping bricks that don't rely on the light blue 4 in a row piece

How the fuck do I understand Tetris
>>
>>375705901
Because Persona 5 is better
>>
>>375705901
>Tetris
Shit.
>>
>>375707329
>that don't rely on the light blue 4 in a row piece
From what I noticed, you always start with 2 Tetris (4 line clears) combinations in a row. If your opponent doesn't respond with their own Tetris combination, you keep harassing him with line clear combos until he dies.
>>
it's pretty fun desu
>>
>>375705901
Came out 4 years ago.
>>
>>375707462
That's the common strategy that my brother and I use, and that works if we're Tetris vs. Tetris, but when I play Puyo and get a simple 2-3 chain, that destroys the strategy and can result in filling his board with shit.

I should've mentioned how do I get better at line clearing? How to use the T piece of "spin into place"? Is there a color code of which pieces naturally fall into place with eachother?
>>
both these games scream dad games and not hip enough for kids of today
>>
>>375707462

Nah, I usually start with a double clear T-spin (Does as much as a Tetris), and from there, I'll either go for a combo chain, or start setting up Tetrises
>>
>>375707462
>>375707645
Don't listen to the guy telling you to go for a Tetris. PPT uses Smart Rotation for this version of Tetris, so T-Spin clears are worth significantly more than a Tetris. A T-Spin occurs when you drop the piece (not a hard drop) into an area that requires a spin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVzKVVgy0Mg
>>
>>375707645
>How to use the T piece of "spin into place"
Honestly? Watch the in-game tutorials. They're pretty helpful. If not those, watch the videos on SegaAmerica's channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnU9mWOY87E
>Is there a color code of which pieces naturally fall into place with eachother?
It's kinda random, but anyone playing the same game gets the exact same order every round (i.e. Tetris v. Tetris and Puyo v. Puyo will always get the same order of shit). Also, the first 7 tetris pieces are all guaranteed to be each individual piece, so you'll always have at least one set up to work with at the start of each match.
>>
>>375707645
>How to use the T piece of "spin into place"?
https://harddrop.com/wiki/T-Spin_Guide
https://harddrop.com/wiki/Category:T-Spin_Methods
And other articles on this website.
But I'm too retarded to do these things and can't do them even after week of playing.
>>375707789
>>375707809
Sorry guys, I'm just suggesting basic strategy that allows me to win some online matches and destroy friends offline, who don't take game seriously.
I kind of wish I could do these spin things.
>>
I fucking suck at it
>>
>>375707953
I mean, what you're saying works and is the definition of the Classic Tetris strategy, but I'm just pointing out that with Smart Rotation, T-Spins are better than a Tetris. In most Tetris games where they use the classic ruleset, the idea is to just build a well for easy tetris clears with the line piece, but with the Smart Rotation ruleset, T-Spins are just more valuable.

In the grand scheme of things, Smart Rotation is relatively new and most Tetris releases have the classic ruleset
>>
>>375708147
>are just more valuable
Are they faster and easier to build for beginner looking to improve than tetris clears? "Valuable" as in score or they drop additional garbage? I don't want to get overwhelmed by garbage from someone doing only tetris clears while I struggle with setups.
>>
>>375706506
How come I never saw you talk about those gaes prior to now you contrarian prick.
>>
>>375708518
It's tougher to set up, but they do add additional garbage. Definitely something worth practicing if you want to be a tryhard.
>>
>>375708518

I've only learned how to do T-spins in the past week or so, and my set ups are getting faster. Watch a tutorial or two, go online into freeplay, or solo arcade, and just play around with it. You'll get faster as you start to see the patterns.
>>
>>375705901
because i cannot into puyostacking
>>
Because it'll be dead in a month
>>
File: d.jpg (120KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
120KB, 1200x675px
>>375705901
>>
File: 2u6l3pu.png (1MB, 1002x1125px) Image search: [Google]
2u6l3pu.png
1MB, 1002x1125px
>>375705901
Because Sonic Mania is.
>>
File: weeg.png (78KB, 699x663px) Image search: [Google]
weeg.png
78KB, 699x663px
>>375708848

>Japs have had the game for over a month now
>Still plenty of Japs playing online

Wrong
>>
>>375709028
>Over a month
Try over a few years
>>
>>375705981
This to be honest.
>>
Played it on Wii U last year, was pretty fun desu
>>
any rooms up?
>>
Whats so good about this game? It looks like a Tetris clone to me. Some people just have been claiming its their GOTY and I'm not sure if its some delusional fanboy or shilling or people actually being impressed by an old puzzle game.
>>
Fusion mode is fucking horrible.
>>
>>375711973
>It looks like a Tetris clone to me.
not sure if i want this to be bait or not
>>
Because it's just Puyo Puyo and Tetris? I've played both many times before on different systems.
>>
>>375711973
Because the two play completely fucking differently, anon.
https://youtu.be/bD_ZTb3--fc
>>
>>375712118
It wasnt, but now I know which one of the options was the correct one.
>>
>>375712256
Because you can have players playing Puyo, Tetris, both Puyo and Tetris, a fusion of Puyo and Tetris, or the various modes that add little gimmicks to Puyo and Tetris.
>>
>>375712562
fusion is fucking awful
>>
>>375713249
I wouldn't say it's awful, but it's definitely the weakest.
Swap is fucking great, though, and party's fun too.
>>
>>375712470
I think it is pretty damn impressive how they managed to balance the two games in versus. It might not be perfectly balanced but still.

The two games play completely different and have completely different metagames to them but it is just wonderfully to see two competent players going at each other in the different games.

Hell, it's even interesting to watch two noobs if they are at the same skill level.
>>
Goddamn why does the ps4 dpad have to be so shitty
>>
>>375713249
In the end I think it's just puyo puyo that is the most important part in fusion. The Tetris blocks just add a little more difficulty to the whole to get your chains going smoothly.
>>
anyone want to make a room?
>>
File: Mean-Toon-2.jpg (54KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mean-Toon-2.jpg
54KB, 800x400px
>brand new game
>everyone touting how great it is
>brand new switch console
>since release i've seen 3 people online

Why is it so dead
>>
>>375714950
Mario Kart took a lot of the players for now.
>>
>>375715118
But it's been dead since launch
>>
>>375715246
I dunno, I was able to play a few games on release.
I got decimated though, I'm not very good at either game yet.
There is a discord set up for finding groups though.
>>
>>375715246
>>375714950
Because fucking casuals don't want gameplay that's been around since 1980 (or ~1990 for Puyo Puyo) and also Sega is being bad as usual at getting the word out. I only just heard that this game was out for Switch a few days ago on /v/ and found out a friend of mine bought it again (he imported the Jap version for PS4 a year or so ago).
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.