[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/! Hows Hyper light drifter? After Nier: Automata and Furi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hyper-light-drifter.jpg (79KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
hyper-light-drifter.jpg
79KB, 512x640px
Hey /v/! Hows Hyper light drifter?
After Nier: Automata and Furi I feel like playing more third person hack-and-dash games with melee and gun combat.
I realized there is a physical copy of this available and I like them more than digital games. Do you think I like this after Automata and Furi?
Any other games like these for PS4?
>>
Bought the physical, enjoyed it enough to beat it and go for some more trophies afterward. Also enjoyed Furi and Automata, for reference. It's a good game, OP. Has some of the best boss fights in years, too.
>>
I'm planning to get it.

But, if you enjoyed Furi, lemme know: Did you play the Ys series?
>>
It's fairly good. Quite short and dev threw out a lot of ideas in process of making the game, but it's still good. A very solid synergy between melee, dodging and ranged combat.
>>
I liked it a lot. Fun mechanics, combat is really satisfying. Very pretty, also. I loved the art.
Really feels rewarding when you manage to beat a spot you had trouble with, too.
>>
>>375701671
Ok. Is it long game? I guess I'll bite the bullet and order the physical copy. The postage seems to be pretty high for it, the cheapest postage price 8bit offers is almost same as the game itself.

>>375701729
I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by Ys series?
>>
Also, I think I read long time ago something that the game has lot of areas that are hard to find. Are they really like hard to find? And big areas? Dont feel like following a guide but then again don't feel like miss most of the game has to offer.
>>
>>375702292
I have 19 hours in it after playing through the story mode and I feel like that's pretty long because I'm terrible at it (spent 3 hours on the west boss) and went back to explore everything I could. But there's also a hardcore new game + so that probably adds some replay value.
>>375702420
You can find all the hidden areas without a ton of trouble once you get used the clues for them.
>>
>>375701136
It sort of reminds me like Ys: Oath in Felghana and the games alike. I really liked it
>>
>>375702420
All of the hard to find areas are optional so it makes for a little bit of replay value while you hunt down all the secrets. Think of them like old school doom secrets, they're about that hard to find. Some will be more obvious than others but it can be hard to find every single one.
>>
>>375701136

It's fun but play it on a good computer. I first tried it on my multimedia desktop because I couldn't be hassled to set up my gaming rig at the time, and it was a laggy shitfest of dropped inputs, hitches, bad fps, etc.

Once I got my good computer hooked up it ran smooth, but I shouldn't need an i7 skylake to play a 2d pixel game.

As far as gameplay goes I was really impressed. The boss battles especially were fun as fuck the first time through. None of the enemies felt unfair or janky, yet the game was hard enough that I died quite a bit. The presentation is top notch even if the visual style isn't super original.
>>
>>375703598
i played it on a 6 year old macbook and it was completely fine.
>>
>>375703598
Not OP here but I was thinking of playing HLD after I finish Salt and Sanctuary. Are you saying HLD will run like shit on my laptop? It has an i7 processor but no gpu.
>>
>>375703773

I don't know. I played it on an AMD APU from 2012 and it was horrible. The machine was able to run Tomb Raider on medium and get a steady 30FPS, runs League at 60FPS on high but struggled mightily with this game, to the point I was dying because of input lag and fps drops.
>>
File: [screams of eternal damnation].jpg (49KB, 671x644px) Image search: [Google]
[screams of eternal damnation].jpg
49KB, 671x644px
It has good song by good artist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ5gtInauiI
>>
>>375703773
>>375703762
seriously though ran fine for me with these specs and i can't imagine it runs better on osx than on windows
it'll probably run okay, maybe >>375704071 had some kind of specific issue
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.