[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so in the end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: lazard and a bat.jpg (30KB, 217x376px)
lazard and a bat.jpg
30KB, 217x376px
were they the saviors of 3D platformers?
>>
File: Amiibo.png (196KB, 604x333px) Image search: [Google]
Amiibo.png
196KB, 604x333px
>>375700245
I liked it, despite what others said. Was it Banjo-Kazooie? No, but it wasn't Donkey Kong 64 either. Yes the worlds were a bit too large, but at least Yooka and Laylee move around a lot faster than Banjo and Kazooie (Reptile Roll and Flight are much faster than Talon Trot and Flight in BK). Yes, there's only 5 worlds, but they huge worlds with lots to do. People bitch about how much of a pain in the ass this game was with the collectibles, but that's the point of a fucking collect-a-thon. Yeah, it's a chore, but it makes that 100% feel incredibly earned. There were a lot of camera and control issues here and there, but BK had a lot of the same problems too. Ultimately, this game is exactly what was advertised. A Banjo Kazooie spiritual successor. My biggest complete is maybe that the reward for getting 100% was little to nothing, which is a bit infuriating after all the effort. Even BK gave you increased health as well as an easy way to max your storage out quickly, which made the final Gruntilda fight so much easier.

Did it save 3D platformers? Well, you can't save that which has already been lost. But that doesn't mean you still can't enjoy it. I'm curious to see what they do for Twoka-Laylee.
>>
I thought it was a great game and I seriously don't get the hate.
>>
>we want a banjo-kazooie game
>reviews: why is this too similar to banjo-kazooie?

The game is not perfect i think it needed more time for development
I mean more worlds
more moves
fix the camera
better bosses

but the game is a solid 7/10
>>
>>375700245
Where's the parietal eye? Did these guys never looked at a chameleon anatomy?
>>
File: 24-waffle.jpg (435KB, 748x864px) Image search: [Google]
24-waffle.jpg
435KB, 748x864px
>>375700245
NeoGAF induced politicing aside it was what it was advertised to be, a Collectathon in a era they are virtually extinct, which i found enjoyable, Ice World was fucking terrible though.

But i think they might not "saved" the genre but they did still provide a solid game for a dead genre and basically don't have any competition aside from MAYBE Mario Odessey.
>>
I would have rather had Not-Conker, but what can you do?
>>
File: 1plF8GW.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1plF8GW.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>375701763
It's by no means a polished game but faggots like Jim Sterling complaining about shit that was in the original games despite the fact that he fucking FUNDED it. I mean what the fuck did he think he was getting?
Also the shit he complained about were virtual non-issues.
>Control issues
Non-existent outside of the minecart levels. Sounds like a personal ineptitude more than anything else
>Awful camera
Outside of the first boss and occasional highlight locks not really an issue
>Hub world confusing
How in the fuck can anyone find the hub confusing? It's incredibly straightforward and obvious where to go next and highlighted by the expanding arsenal of powers that you get. Is he a child?
>Puzzles too confusing
Again, is he a fucking child? One of the puzzles in the game is literally Bioshock Infinite tier.

>Annoying voices
THAT WERE IN THE ORIGINAL GAMES THAT YOU PERSONALLY FUNDED A REVIVAL FOR

I mean what the fuck was he expecting to get? What the fuck was anyone who complained about shit like this expecting to get?

The game is far from perfect. It definitely feels unpolished compared to BK and Tooie and I'd probably give it about a 7.5 but the shit people complained about doesn't make any fucking sense because it's exactly what they fucking asked for. Obviously these idiots never even played the originals else some of the complaints brought forth against it would never have been brought up. People these days are just garbage at video games yet they'll readily pretend they cared about the days of old despite not really ever being involved with it and are just doing it for indie cred. Count how many fucking times "rose tinted lenses" was brought up in reviews of this game, it is fucking astounding that people could be this bad at a children's platformer.
>>
File: yup.png (271KB, 1055x1846px) Image search: [Google]
yup.png
271KB, 1055x1846px
sure
>>
I backed it. I'm playing through it now and honestly I'm not having that much fun. Just unlocked the 5th world but haven't gone back to expand any worlds yet. It just feels like I'm going through the motions than actually trying to beat the game.

The worlds are way too big. You could easily shrink them by 50-70% and still comfortably fit all the game's content in them. And even though there's lots of collectibles, they are very spread out because the worlds are so big. The game actually has a lot less to do than it first seems because the words are massively overinflated.

The backtracking is annoying. I didn't mind it back in Tooie because the worlds connected to each other, and they didn't have the lame expansion mechanic. It all just feels like a way of artificially extending the game by preventing you from getting everything the first time through, and also padding out assets since making fewer, larger worlds uses less assets than more small worlds.

The puzzle/platforming challenges are either ridiculously simple or frustrating due to poor or restricted controls, particularly the minecart sections. Many of the game's features such as the minecart levels, arcade games and transformations feel tacked on, like they were just checking off boxes on their list of stretch goals.

The game is well put together, but it lacks polish. Even simple things like no victory animation/jingle for picking up a pagie, or how some pagies don't even appear in the world and are simply added to your pagie count as a +1. I don't feel any particular affinity for the characters or story either, which I feel the Banjo games did.

Kirkhope's music sounds like a more slow, depressed retread of the Banjo games, lacking the upbeat flair and memorable tunes of the originals. Compare Glitterglaze Glacier to Freezeezy Peak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKjweRBKn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKv9WeS8BOs
>>
>>375704515
The basic platforming is still decent though, and the variety of moves is good. But the game just feels like it lacks the effort and passion of the banjo games and even DK64. I hope if they ever do a sequel they can work on some of the issues.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.