[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poll time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

File: Just_Morgana.png (108KB, 250x337px) Image search: [Google]
Just_Morgana.png
108KB, 250x337px
Are the phantom thieves just?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12877768
>>
gtfo with this shit LOL
>>
SAUCE PLZ
>>
if ur so just show ur face
>>
que es FANTOM THIEF?
>>
try and steal it asshats
>>
That comeback LOOOOOOOOOL
>>
I HATE akechi so YES!
>>
pics or didnt happen lol
>>
Thieves should be arrested
>>
AKECHI IS BAE
>>
>>375697053
>Effin adults

I totally trust these intelligent individuals with changing the world
>>
wtf I love the phantom thieves now
>>
--DELETED BY ADMIN--
>>
It's all just some kind of prank, right??
>>
--DELETED BY ADMIN--
>>
I this real?
>>
--DELETED BY ADMIN--
>>
>Are the phantom thieves just?

what did he mean by this
>>
try and steal it, asshats
>>
Just what?

Just gay? Just good? Just a bunch of kids?
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
IF I PULL OF THE MASK WILL TYEY DIE?
>>
>>375700695
Learn English

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/just
>>
wtf i love akechi now?!
>>
>>375697053
They won't help me so FUCK em!
>>
get them akechi make them pay!
>>
I don't speak English
>>
akechi is right they breakin the law!
>>
akechi is right rules are rules!
>>
akechi is right leave this 2 the police
>>
akechi is right rules are rules
>>
thieves deserve to be locked up!
>>
PHANTOM THIEVES YAAAS
>>
you guys really believe this shit? kek
>>
rofl akechi
>>
soooo...no denying it now
>>
Admin gotta be trolling
>>
they even took down the mafia
>>
I can't read english ;-;
>>
>>375697053
I always was a fan XD
>>
spoiler akechi is the killer end spoiler
>>
>>375702836
akechi is bae cuck
>>
-- DELETED BY ADMIN --
>>
Such annoying marketing
>>
"of hearts"? what tryhards
>>
QUE ES FANTOM THIEFS
>>
--DELETED BY ADMIN--
>>
Not gonna lie, first thing i thought when I saw this in-game was the JUST meme.
>>
who's spreading this?
>>
Phantom Thieves
>>
>>375705592
fuck, the hearts don't show up
>>
>>375697053
just what?
>>
File: 1492392964329.png (16KB, 599x605px) Image search: [Google]
1492392964329.png
16KB, 599x605px
>>375697053
a cat is fine too
>>
File: 1487741606783.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487741606783.webm
1MB, 640x480px
-- DELETED BY ADMIN --
>>
what cheapass justice, lol
>>
sauce plz
>>
>>375697053
>baby boomers have fucked up the political landscape to the point that it will take future generations decades to fix
>they're still not dead and done fucking up the political landscape and economic regulation
>japs make a game that's actually surprisingly anti japanese politics in an age where japanese politics is known for censoring any and all types of media critical of its government
>are the phantom thieves just?

It goes without saying that they are considering they don't kill but just force the criminals to fess up to their crimes, though I would have liked the criminals to be more subtle in their crimes, they're often so obviously evil that any and all moral debate just becomes pointless.
>>
>>375706252
Honestly, I don't think there needs to be a moral debate in this game, beyond the basic debate on the morality of vigilantism. The whole concept of the palace means the person is already set in their criminal ways and mentally sick, and the situations the characters are in mean using the Metaverse is their only reasonable option. I'm perfectly fine with the black & white morality in P5.
>>
>>375697053
It gets really fucking annoying hearing their bitching about how the bad guys are "soooo evil wow they're really evil guys do you know how evil they are yet". I'm at Shido's palace and it was especially bad in the lead up to it.

How the fuck are they less evil then the guys they take down anyway? The game itself brings it up that their means are very dubious but it just gets brushed off with "it's fine because we're not doing it for ourselves!!!". So what, it's ok to do evil shit if I'm not doing it for myself? That's fucking stupid. It seems like that's part of the reason they have to keep pushing how the people you go after just happen to be super evil the more you look into them; they want the protagonists to use morally questionable methods to do things but want the players to be behind them 100%.

Although that is the case is many other narratives I guess. Why the fuck are developers so against creating protagonists with any sort of moral ambiguity whatsoever? Why do the guys we play as have to be painted in a good light all the fucking time even when they're just doing self serving shit or stoking their moral egos, which funnily enough is what they chastise the villians for doing?

It's stale as fuck desu.
>>
>>375707445
your not though as the player character you always have options to say stuff like "meh"

you dont have to condone it but in the confines of the ludonarrative the player is forced to make these villains confess otherwise his future is forfeit due to the circumstances he was put in during the prologue.
>>
>>375707445

They put themselves in their cages. Finish the fucking game.
>>
>>375707686
Yeah, I have noticed that, but still all your teammates unanimously agree that they're some kind of righteous force for good with the only exceptions being maybe palaces they're directly involved in where they might admit that they're just being selfish for a second before getting right back onto their high horse.

I mean I guess the game has a social commentart thing going for it where it's point out how shit Japanese society is so it kind of has to take a stance. I wouldn't say it was completely unenjoyable though. The bit at Okumura's palace where the robots started breaking down from overworking with the sad music playing was so fucking ham fisted that I actually laughed out at it.
>>
>>375707986
Calm down faggot it's a long fucking game.
>>
What is this thread?
>>
>>375707445
Change the target's heart, or your life is over. Tough choice. And a villain who isn't an over-the-top mustache twirler probably wouldn't have a palace.

I also don't find anything morally objectionable about the Phantom Thieves' methods at all, so I can't really understand. I don't view it as brainwashing.
>>
AKECHI WAS RIGHT
>>
viral marketing? lol
>>
File: 1493378187784.jpg (209KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493378187784.jpg
209KB, 800x600px
>>375708217
>I also don't find anything morally objectionable about the Phantom Thieves' methods at all
It is beyond me how someone can't see what's wrong with no one slapping Ryuji's shit in for not shutting the fuck up about being PTs like goddamn what the fuck is wrong with him jesus is he fucking retarded
>>
>>375708862
You know, I started playing through the beginning of the game again and I realized something. Ryuji starts off as such a great character. He's stubborn and an idiot even in the beginning but he has the biggest goddamn heart of any of the group and he's passionate about what he does.

Then as the game progresses they completely lose track of all aspects of his character. He just becomes the group's designated idiot. One could argue that its to make way for the other characters to get some time in the spotlight, but don't let the players forget why they like a character, because I know I sure did. He was one of my favorite characters early on because he was genuinely likable and then they just...forgot about him, and after that all they had him do was parade around going "LOL LOOK WHER DA FANTOM THEIVES"

It just makes me sad.
>>
>>375705713
it's a meme you dip
JUST
>>
--DELETED BY ADMIN--
>>
>>375709261
It's like what an anon said a bunch of threads back, he goes through negative character development.
>>
>>375709261
It doesn't help that in his social link he's actually pretty smart and logical.
>>
AKECHI IS BAE
>>
>>375697053
Fuck you Mishima I know where you go to school.
>>
>>375710631
>He records a conversation to convince his old teammates their new coach is up to no good
In that one moment, he was smarter than anyone in P4.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.