[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this system worth buying in 2017 for $150?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: HeyWiiU.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
HeyWiiU.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
is this system worth buying in 2017 for $150?
>>
>>375695867
I just got one for a bit more than that (160€) less than two weeks ago. I skipped Wii, so now I got a system that can run both Wii & WiiU games, plus GC games natively with the Nintendont software.
>>
>>375695867

If you're happy to mod it, absolutely.

Wii U has a damn solid library, as well as being able to play NES,SNES,64,GC and Wii games etc

Not to mention a year from now you'll be able to sell the Tablet Controller alone for $150.
>>
File: 1484828669639.png (78KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1484828669639.png
78KB, 420x420px
>>375695867
>mfw using thepowerofthepeecee to emulate zelda

No, its not worth it
>>
>>375696082
>only game you can emulate
>isn't even a game worth playing
>>
>>375695867
At a certain point you are just going to have spend the money to buy the system, if 150 is your price point then buy it at 150. Otherwise you are just going to keep saying I will buy it when the price gets lower, and evetually decide not to buy it.
>>
>>375696113

You can emulate quite a few actually, zelda is the most notable though and the only one I'm interested in.
>>
I'd say so.

I bought mine for $180, came with Tropical Freeze on disc, and MK8 installed plus a pro controller.

I modded it and just put all my games on my 1TB external.
>>
Anyone have a good hacking guide?
>>
>>375695867
No.
>>
>>375695867
Sure thing. I spent hundreds of hours in Smash, Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Mario Maker. It didn't have many games, but the good stuff has a lot of replay value.
>>
it is the most innovative system with by far the best games of previous generation. what do you think?
>>
yeah it has a decent library

>MK8
>BotW
>Smash
>Splatoon
>Bayo 1+2
>W101
>DK Tropical Freeze
>Super Mario 3d world
>XBX
>Mario Maker
>HD Zeldas
>Yoshi WW, Cap Toad, and Kirby RC for small children
>Splatoon, though its probably dead or run by japanese now
>Star Fox 0, havent played it but it looks fun
>built in wii for emulation

Its best games are updated or getting updated on the switch but if you dont plan on getting one until the refresh id say its worth the 150
>>
>>375695867
Not really. A friend of mine bought a Wii U, now all the girls call him Pii U. Draw your own conclusions. You've been warned.
>>
only if they dont port bayo 2
>>
>>375695867
It was for me. But i never had a Wii or GC so for me it's triple library. Plus you can pirate anything now
>>
That's like asking if it was worth it buying a Gamecube for $100 back in 2007.
No.

>>375696014
Well, that would be the exception.
But who the fuck didn't have a Wii?
>>
>>375698120
it wasnt worth buying a gamecube in 2007 because the wii was backwards compatible.

the switch though?
>>
Only if you mod it

But the best Wii u games are going to be ported with additional content to the Switch
>>
>>375698168
No. Although I haven't heard, if eshop purchases made on WiiU work on Switch.
That would be neat, but I don't think Nintendo would put any effort into that.
>>
Mod it and yes

It's basically the ultimate Nintendo system. Can play every Nintendo game except 3DS games, and Switch games which don't exist yet
>>
>>375698120
>That's like asking if it was worth it buying a Gamecube for $100 back in 2007.
Literally not the same thing at all. You couldn't have made a worse analogy.

First of all, the GameCube got price cut to $100 back in 2003, two years after launch, three years before the Wii launch. And it was totally worth it. The Wii U was got one price cut for the deluxe when they discontinued the basic, but it stayed $300 up until the Switch launch pretty much.

I'm pretty sure GameCubes were selling for less than $80 once the Wii started to dominate. Also, the Wii was backwards compatible with the GC, so even if you never had a GC, it was pointless to buy one instead of a Wii. The Switch is not backwards compatible with the Wii U, so you either have to get a Wii U, hope emulation improves, or hope the Switch gets everything ported if you want to play it's games.
>>
>>375698827
Samefag here.

Also, since the Wii U is hackable and backwards compatible with the Wii, you can add GameCube BC as well. So, essentially three full generations of video games on one console. The only console that can match that is the original model PS3.
>>
>>375695867
Considering that Wii U ports will show up on Switch? Fuck no. At best it's an emulation machine if you want that.
>>
>>375695867
You can pirate all WiiU games, so yes, it's worth it if you get all the games for free.
>>
>>375699154
Unless Wii U VC becomes a thing, you're delusional if you think every single worthwhile game will be ported
>>
Is there games you want to play on the system? Then yes.

It's that simple.
>>
>>375699908
games that actually used the gamepad correctly and not just as a keep playing while you poop gimmick will be impossible to have VC versions
>>
>>375695867
Absolutely yes
>>
>>375701635
Exactly
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.