[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here actually take this thing out in public?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18

File: pane1.jpg (18KB, 460x200px) Image search: [Google]
pane1.jpg
18KB, 460x200px
Does anyone here actually take this thing out in public?
>>
>>375687415
Why wouldn't you? It's a portable system.
>>
I do
>>
Not caring about how strangers perceive you is part of being an adult.
>>
>>375687415
Don't wanna get robbed
>>
>>375687415
BING
>>
>>375687725

Most phones cost more than a Switch.
>>
>>375687415
I do on campus and in the breakroom at work
>>
>>375687415
I actually took it out on a plane ride during a business trip. A little girl (I think the stewardess's daughter who tagged along?) who was handing out packets of nuts stopped by and shouted ":OOOOO MY MOMMY HAS ZELDA TOOOOO"

it was the most adorable thing I've ever witnessed. I nearly died

the little bitch distracted me and I got fucked by a lynel
>>
>>375687492
Its what you need it to be.
Like a good woman
>>
>>375687871
nice blog fag how can I subscribe
>>
>>375687415
Yep, take it with me everytime I leave the house. I once played it at a pub too, and sometimes play at the library.
>>
>>375687992
>Does anyone here actually take this thing out in public?
I was answering the question you fucking double nigger
>>
>>375687871
Did you fuck her mom?
>>
File: sociallyacceptable.jpg (180KB, 1500x884px) Image search: [Google]
sociallyacceptable.jpg
180KB, 1500x884px
>>375687694
>>
>>375688156
your answer was too normalfag for him to handle obviously
>>
>>375688280
I don't care if someone is using their 3DS, Switch, Vita, tablet, phone or whatever else, they are a huge fucking faggot if they don't turn off their volume or keep it down so I can't hear their headphones.
>>
Nah. I think about taking it to work and playing it during my lunch break or when it's slow, but I always get anxious about not having enough time to really play a game or running the battery out.
>>
File: 1466389992472.jpg (22KB, 276x276px) Image search: [Google]
1466389992472.jpg
22KB, 276x276px
I honestly can't play this thing in handheld mode

The screen is much heavier than the joycons and as a result handheld mode just feels awkward. Like I'm gonna snap the joycons off.
>>
Yes. But there's not really many opportunities to play it in public. Playing it on my lunch break doesn't count as I take the break in my car.
>>
>>375688280
If I heard someone in real life "discussing philosophy," I'd want to give them a fucking swirly, to be honest.
>>
>>375687415

Yes. But I only play during work break or at an doctor's appointment, when I know I may be waiting a while. Playing a Nintendo Switch out in public places, around a lot of people, is going to either end up with getting a lot of normalfags wanting to play or poorfags planning to mug you, depending on how shitty the neighborhood/public area is.
>>
Took my switch to the pub with a couple of my more normie friends.
Set up 2 switches on the table for some 4 player action.
I was sceptical as fuck but the screen size and joy cons aren't that bad and playing was a blast.

The only downside is I felt a bit like I was in an advert for the thing.
I don't think the switch is inconspicous enough for people to walk past without looking.
>>
>>375688989
And that is the systems most powerful weapon
>>
>>375687415
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDs72IwC3e8

>playing a child's toy
>>
>>375689105
vidya is a children's toy
>>
>>375688982
>Playing a Nintendo Switch out in public places, around a lot of people, is going to either end up with getting a lot of normalfags wanting to play or poorfags planning to mug you, depending on how shitty the neighborhood/public area is.

You forget the third option: weird looks, but no desire to play or mug you. Not saying you should or shouldn't care, but it's totally a possibility.
>>
>>375689198
I wasn't aware we were back in the 90s.
>>
Yes. I use it in my office during my lunch breaks. Have had a few questions about it from co-workers.
>>
File: 01412_full.jpg (421KB, 1000x627px) Image search: [Google]
01412_full.jpg
421KB, 1000x627px
>>375689105
>implying you can play with an adult's toy in public either
>>
>>375689237
>You forget the third option: weird looks, but no desire to play or mug you.

You must be a really fucking insecure or young person to give a shit about what complete strangers think about you.

No one gives a shit about what you do in public unless you're making a point to be an attention whore.
>>
>>375689237
>You forget the third option: weird looks, but no desire to play or mug you. Not saying you should or shouldn't care, but it's totally a possibility.

Never happens unless you're a loud, obnoxious fuck who's playing their handheld without headphones or a woman slutting up for attention.
>>
>>375689470
Or just fat and smelly and likely to get weird looks no matter what.
>>
>>375687415
My local tabetop/TCG store has a few who bring them in regularly.
Good for multiplayer games.
>>
File: bar.jpg (199KB, 1161x875px) Image search: [Google]
bar.jpg
199KB, 1161x875px
You don't?
>>
>>375689105
That video is trying way to hard
>>
>Japan: playing videogames in handhelds everywhere, just some old men looking "what the fuck are these youngesters doing"
>West: get robbed or people look at you awkwardly when its fine to be on the phone all day texting/talking, read newspaper or hearing music with their headphones set at maximum levels for others to hear
>>
>>375688423
FUCKING THIS GODDAMMIT
I don't wanna' hear your SHITTY taste of whatever it is you're listening to. Keep that shit private.
>>
File: 1476787978638.jpg (88KB, 750x998px) Image search: [Google]
1476787978638.jpg
88KB, 750x998px
>>
took it to the doctors office. then another guy with a switch sat close to me.

>get switch launch day in nyc
>take big ass nintendo bag onto bus terminal back to md
>in terminal had to piss
>notice a guy behind me and following me
>"well I AM going to the bathroom"
>walk in and the bathroom is barren
>guy still following me
>walk to the last stall
>guy dead behind me
>turn around and look him the eye like "the fuck dude!?"
>he walks out the bathroom
>>
I stopped taking it out in public recently.
It's too much hassle fighting of all those hot bitches in heat. You can't pull that 10 incher out without having bitches in heat gravitate towards you. I played it on the bus right after release and the woman next to me unzipped my pants and sucked me off without saying a word. Fucking wierd if you ask me.
>>
I had a coworker bring this shit to a soccer game we all went to. I called him a fag and he put it away.
>>
>>375687415
Nah, portable gaming is uncomfy at weird as hell. Why would I want to play games in public? I already play enough games at home, when I leave, I leave to take a break. Switch is used for playing in the dock and bed, that's it.
>>
>>375689623
>>West: get robbed or people look at you awkwardly when its fine to be on the phone all day texting/talking, read newspaper or hearing music with their headphones set at maximum levels for others to hear

The worst that's going to happen is you're going to get robbed, if you're not a little kid playing a handheld. I could see people robbing you for a Switch, since it's so hard to find, but the only people who would pass 'judgemental' looks at you are pissy teenagers and women, who would more than likely be too into playing Candy Crush on their phones to notice.
>>
>>375689750
Things that certainly happened
>>
>>375688789
>Yesterday
>at a friend's family event with my wife and some other friends
>sit with them but the other half of the table is a group of neckbeards
>one unkempt chubby fuck is in an undersized vest and has his long hair back in a ponytail
>hear them talking about ME: Andromeda
>try to tune them out
>eventually Vesty Ponytail brings up how the latest book he's been reading is by Nietzsche

I just wanted to say "I would really prefer if you'd be quiet"
>>
>>375687415
I've played it while waiting at a barbershop.
>>
>>375689750
>cutting out the pic, which is the only part that matters
>>
>>375689198
Only Nintendo.
>>
>>375687415

Yeah. Only in handheld mode, because I can't play with it on its kickstand on somewhere uncomfortable like a park bench or picnic table.
>>
>>375689890
>I called him a fag and he put it away
to deck you in the face.
>>
>>375688789
This right here, people.
It doesn't matter what you do, someone will make fun of you for it. So just do whatever you want.
>>
>>375690097
Nah. It's faggy to bring that shit to a group activity that involves entertainment. How would you feel if you and a bunch of friends were going to a movie, and one of them wouldn't get off his smart phone during the movie?

Same thing.
>>
>>375687415

I take it with me to work. Third shift gets boring, nothing really happens and it helps keep me awake.
>>
>>375687415

Yes. But in a proper carrying case, with headphones. It's comfy as fuck on the bus, plane or train and especially at lunch break. I honestly don't get this retarded stigma people have about gaming in public, unless they're going out of their way to be disruptive to those around them, like a sperg.
>>
>>375689890

Why do /v/irgins make up stories like this? Is it just some autistic fantasy to make themselves feel like they're not pathetic NEETs?
>>
>>375690252
At my bachelor party of all times one of the guys I invited didn't know anyone else and broke out his 3DS and started playing Animal Crossing. It's like WTF dude. He's not socially inept either, so just chat it up with some new people for one evening.
>>
>>375690350

>unless they're going out of their way to be disruptive to those around them, like a sperg.

Well that's the thing, most people on this board would do this, so that's why they discourage others to play vidya in public. No one on here can do anything in a normal, functional way. Basically it's projection.
>>
>>375687415
yes, used..... don't remember if it was in a cafeteria ... I do take it to friends house and we play some Neogeo games...soon to be Mario Kart since I should have it tomorrow.
>>
>>375688280
How old is this image?
>>
>>375690587

Quentin was active around 2011 if I remember correct.
>>
File: IMG_2215.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2215.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Yes, some of us go on business trips
>>
>>375688789

I don't know why, but the thought of you giving some philosopher a swirly is hilarious
>>
>>375690252
This is really what it comes down to.

It's fine for commuting, traveling, or any reasonable amount of downtime, but don't bring that shit to a social gathering that's not going to be playing games
>>
>>375690618

Never traveled business before. Must be nice
>>
>>375690371
Here's one that actually happened:

>Go to bullshit meeting for work
>Higher ups are never ready and we end up sitting around forever
>As this happens, pull Switch out of my bag and start playing it
>Guy two positions up from me makes fun of me for playing "pokemon" as an adult
>Starts ranting about how he never let his son play "stupid pokemon games" and how it ruins lives
>Segways into bitching about his wife
>Put in headphones and ignore this fucker for the next hour.
>>
>>375690472
The fact that he even brought that meant he planned to play. I had a dude do that at my bachelor party, too. I asked him to put it away once. When he broke it out again, I asked him to leave. He didn't drive to the hooka bar (we swung by before going to the strip club), so I had to pay for a cab. If you can't sit around and chat in a quiet group setting, and insist on playing video games, just don't bother coming.
>>
>>375690618
>private cabin cubicle
I'm jellin, anon

At the same time I don't travel for work so I guess it evens out
>>
>>375690717

This guy sounds autistic as fuck. I used my Switch while waiting for training for a new job, and the guy next to me didn't bother me at all.

The guy talking to you needs to see a fucking therapist. No one wants to hear about him and his retarded wife.
>>
>>375687725
I have this same issue.

>>375687757
For some very stupid reason people go after game shit more often than phones, though. I don't fucking understand it, but I swear it happens more often. It could be shortages vs. potential resale value or because it's so incredibly easy to flip a stolen console vs. a phone which would have a cell contract and a personalized chip and everything else in it. Also, I guess you could use a console if you stole it and wanted to, but probably not a phone. At least not for very long. I once had some stupid fat putz in High School try to steal my PSP (I was watching some movies I had converted and put on an SD card while I was waiting for friends) and I just laughed at him. He tried harder and tried to intimidate me and threw a sissy fucking punch and I just laughed harder and told him to go the fuck away. He walked off super embarrassed.
>>
>>375690832
They both sound autistic. Meetings are social events, whether you actually enjoy them or not. If you can't shoot the shit while waiting for it to start, then you're pretty autistic.

That other guy is just having trouble in his personal life, and overcompensating by trying to make other people's lives seem worse.
>>
>>375690952
>For some very stupid reason people go after game shit more often than phones, though.
Phones that are expensive are typically encrypted and locked, making them worthless if you steal them.

My iphone has a 20 digit passcode and will lock you out permanently if you guess it wrong 10 times. Only way to reverse it is to take it to an apple store, where they will know the phone is stolen.
>>
a famous incident happened just a while ago
>ATT line gets severed and most fiber connections from California to Austin are down
>major businesses, including Bioware, Blizzard, Apple, Zenimax, etc., lose their connections to mainframes and servers for a few hours, depending on how reliable their backup services are
>my company completely shits itself, we go down for what ends up being the rest of my shift
>during the time our fucking computers wouldn't authenticate anything, so no work was expected of us
>bust out my Switch, place it on the computer tower under my desk, and then with the joycons relaxed in my hands i lean back a bit and play for 3 hours.
Nobody fucking noticed.
>>
>>375690618
Give me your life you beautiful person. Business class looks like such a fucking awesome means of travel, I can barely afford food some months let alone a switch or a fancy plane ride.

Nice socks, too. Or are those slippers they gave you on a plane you lucky duck?
>>
>>375690724
We're guys - if you don't want to come and feel like playing games instead, it sucks but I know how it is and won't hold it against you in the long run.

Don't show up just to save face, then play 3DS. If you stay home you'll get to play whatever game you want and you won't be remembered by my other friends as "the guy who was playing Animal Crossing"
>>
>>375690968

It's a bullshit meeting at work, it's not a social event you're going to by choice. You're forced to do it because otherwise you'll get fired if you don't. Honestly don't blame anyone for using their phone or anything else, because 9 times out of 10 your co-workers are dipshits you don't want to see or talk to. You just so happen to be around them because you want a paycheck and so do they.
>>
File: IMG_2268.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2268.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>375690713

It's ok, food is better and you can sleep, constant wine refills from the flighf attendants. United is still pretty crap though, so is air Canada. Air Korea had some really NICE talents.
>>
>>375690029
If you did that anon I would buy you some steam 5 buck dlc.
>>
>>375691086
I kind of figured. I went on to kind of say that after.

Also, reselling that shit, even to someone who could break the lock on a phone is probably easier if it's a console. You wouldn't have to find a back alley guy to sell that shit to. Just sell it to Gamestop, bam, done. Clean money, even.

Which is why you should always copy down the serial number off your electronics. Consoles or otherwise. You can report it to the police and report it to places that usually take in pawned electronics. Gamestop is surprisingly vigilant about that kind of shit. I mean, most of the time.
>>
Yeah. I play it in the library at college, and recently been playing Mario Kart splitscreen with a few friends in there as well.

No one really gives a shit what you're doing unless you're bothering them. That's just kind of a general life rule.
>>
>>375691148
Agreed. I was actually more pissed at the dude for doing that than I would have been if he had just said, "I don't want to go, and your feelings mean less to me than video games."

Ironically, when he wound up getting married, he made me best man (which meant he expected me to foot his bill on his bachelor party), and completely ignored my advice against him marrying the chick. Marriage lasted almost a year. Obviously, me picking up his tab didn't help (dude was going for top shelf shit, too).
>>
>>375689541

What happened?
>>
>>375690618
Where do you work?
>>
>>375691357
Oh, yeah. Not to mention, it's pretty easy to sell a vita, even with a lock, through craigslist. Just take the time to guess the 4 digit password. Should only take you a few hours.
>>
>>375691129

No those are smart wool socks. most comfy socks I've ever tried and have never worn anything else.
>>
File: 1481755340750.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481755340750.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>can't take my Switch outside because I have neon joycons
>>
>>375691505
people played it
>>
>>375691505
he died
>>
>>375691654
If there's one thing young adults don't sink money into, its the shit that separates them from the ground. Not saying that socks are the most important thing, but shoes, chair and bed are absolute priorities if you don't want a fucked up body later in life.
>>
>>375689541
I would totally do this, but all the bars close to me are seedy, country, biker bars.
>>
>>375691670
I never got why they always have the neon joycons in promotional material
>>
>>375691505
I would guess some drunk people came up and wanted to play Mario Kart.

I imagine that's what would happen in most bars. You wouldn't make friends with it though, they'd just think you were kind of weird.
>>
>>375690068
>>375689264
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255974&ab=TRU_Header:Utility3:Video-Games:Home-Page

:^)
>>
File: smug gab.png (370KB, 887x700px) Image search: [Google]
smug gab.png
370KB, 887x700px
>>375691670
>he didn't buy the gray Switch
>>
>>375691505
Someone linked that article when it came out.

First of all, he's a journalist, so was doing this specifically to see what happened. Basically he took the switch out to a bar alone to play MK8 and enticed a couple patrons looking over to play with him. Ended up getting a bunch of strangers to have a good time.

Mentioned how Mario Kart is one of the key ingredients in this because the inputs are simple and most everyone is familiar with it from the N64 days.
>>
File: 1478884789369.jpg (169KB, 513x661px) Image search: [Google]
1478884789369.jpg
169KB, 513x661px
>>375691909
Amazon Prime Now only had neon versions on launch day

But neon joycons are much harder to find than gray, so I can always get some gray ones later easily.
>>
File: 1478446244782.gif (2MB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478446244782.gif
2MB, 237x300px
>>375691670
JUST DO IT

The early 90s was a happier time with more creativity and joy, and vibrant colors was the norm. Anyone who disses you for it must have shit taste.
>>
File: IMG_1612.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1612.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>375691595

I work in global private equity and basically travel all over the world meeting underwriting bankers, companies, syndicated investors and consultants
>>
Yeah, I played some Mario Kart on the train today, and a few days ago I played some Puyo Puyo Tetris in tabletop with a friend on my campus.

I also noticed today that my dock scratched my screen. Fug.
>>
>>375691654
Jesus Christ, man. Even your socks sound fancy as fuck.
>>
>>375692109

give me some life pro tips
>>
>>375692109
Are you single?
>>
>>375691313
Sadly I did not. It would have only made the rest of my 1.5 hours there awkward. Also, they were enjoying themselves, even if they're the kind of people that only continue the stereotype of "gamers"
>>
>>375692109
I don't know what most of this shit entails, and I have a college degree
>>
>>375688696
are you me?
>>
>>375692109
>>375691269
>>375690618

You seem lonely.
>>
>>375688989
>I don't think the switch is inconspicous enough for people to walk past without looking.
That's the point, Nintendo wants you to play in public and do a defacto advert for them. It's really genius on their part.
>>
>>375687415
I don't plan on it. It's great for the shitter or the couch or bed.
>>
>>375692501
>>375692637

Nope, married
>>
>>375687415
Well...Yeah, that's it's purpose ain't it?
>>
>>375691670
I've actually thought about this. Playing while traveling wouldn't really make me self-conscious, but the grey joycon are much more understated.

When I get a switch, I'll probably get one with colored joycon because I love that shit with consoles, but still.
>>
I have a friend who lost his job because he played Switch on a train and forgot to exit at the right station and therefore showed up late 3 times. Never saw anyone else play Switch in public.
>>
>>375692883
He probably would have lost his job some other way if he hadn't done that.
>>
>>375692879
Precisely why I got the gray switch. I'll probably grab a yellow or red pair down the line, but with a pro controller and con grips I don't really need another pair.

I'll probably end up just getting a generic hori or a fight pad for 4 player Mario kart or bomber man. Wait doesn't puyo tetris have 4 players?
>>
>>375693270
>Wait doesn't puyo tetris have 4 players?
yes
>>
>>375692109
Out of curiosity, how much does this make?

Just a ballpark will do. I'm happily working in a creative field and make reasonable money, but always wonder what doing some big-shot positions would earn
>>
File: IMG_2276.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2276.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>375692489

Hard to give specific advice. I would say focus is very important. Luck also matters but you lose every shot you dont take
>>
>>375692806
do you have a sanctuary by any chance?
>>
File: IMG_0908.jpg (41KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0908.jpg
41KB, 1200x800px
>>375693270
>yellow joycon
I was really hoping for a yellow color but for some fucking reason they chose this disgusting, athletic-clothes yellow instead of a Taxicab/Wario yellow.

I'd kill for a purple and yellow Switch set
>>
>>375692806
HA.
>>
>>375687757
People who steal electronic shit are usually junkies and unless they have a deal with their dealer there is pretty much no way for their drug fucked minds to both crack the phone's passcode and sell it before the IMEI number is blacklisted.
>>
File: IMG_2279.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2279.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>375693518

250k + carried interests which vests in four years. Could be 100k could be several million.

Perks are business class and five star hotels
>>
File: TAKE IT.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
TAKE IT.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>375693754
>waluigi/wario Switch
>>
>>375693583

Sanctuary?
>>
>>375693805
where did you go to school/major in?
>>
>>375693805
The only perk I get is writing off games and electronics as a business expense -_-
Good enough I suppose
>>
File: IMG_0909.png (395KB, 750x596px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0909.png
395KB, 750x596px
>>375693821
Proof of concept.
Compare to that shit Nintendo chose >>375693754
>>
>>375693887

UC Berkeley undergrad cs/Econ
Stanford MBA, CFA
>>
>>375687415
I live in Chicago, so no.
>>
>>375687415

I plan to, but I don't know what type of carry-case to get that also has room for the pro controller.

What are you other anons using?
>>
>>375695019
>What are you other anons using?

This.

I'd use my joy-cons more, but I have fuckhueg hands as it is.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.