[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dark souls 3 had a shitty final boss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: Casul.jpg (845KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Casul.jpg
845KB, 1920x1080px
dark souls 3 had a shitty final boss
>>
you can't prove me wrong because its TRUE
>>
>>375687178
easiest boss fight in the game, that's for sure
>>
File: THE BOY.jpg (253KB, 612x560px) Image search: [Google]
THE BOY.jpg
253KB, 612x560px
>>375687178
>>
>>375687178
But Gwyn T-T

I was so le sad when they referenced Dark Souls 1

Praise the sun one last time my dudes \|T|/
>>
>>375687428

>b-b-but its nostalgic

this is the problem, instead of making a good final boss they made him piss easy and referenced the first game
>>
>>375687428
>Praise the sun one last time my dudes \|T|/
ha ha i understood reference XD
>>
>>375687178
Soul of Cinder had a very cool design, and was really cool in concept, but as a boss it was waay too wasy. I killed him in one try
>>
>>375687428
>>375687643
oh wow I dident know other people liked him too !!
>>
Yeah, yeah, yeah le edgy wannabe cynic meme that's been parroted to death. Neat.
>>
Every soulsborne game had a shitty final boss, king allant, gwyn, nashandra, moon prescence, soul of cinder. All shit.
>>
>>375691305
Gwyn was great though, definitely the best music of DS1, if not the whole series. It's the most memorable soundtrack too. And the fight is pretty hard if you don't parry him

Nashandra wasn't the last boss of DS2, it was Aldia who was even shittier
>>
File: friends.png (182KB, 464x447px) Image search: [Google]
friends.png
182KB, 464x447px
>>375691480
>Gwyn was great though, definitely the best music of DS1, if not the whole series.
>>
>>375692786
>green text
>laughing reaction image

95% fitting in, almost there!
>>
>>375687428
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>375690694

"edgy wannabe cynic"

u wot m8 SoC is way too fucking easy for a final boss
>>
>>375687178
Would have been better if it was the original chosen undead all powered up and every time you killed him he just respawned.
>>
>>375694870

>game pits you against someone else, each person thinking they are fighting an AI boss
>>
>agglomeration of all undeads that desperately fights to protect the fire
>near death it unleashes its most powerful soul as an attempt to stop you
>changes forms
>kickass music (only phase 1, phase 2 music is pure fucking garbage)
Why do people have such shit taste
>>
>>375695035
You mean Spear of the Church?
>>
>>375691480
>And the fight is pretty hard if you don't parry him

No, not really. He's easier than Soul of Cinder, for example, among many others.

However, how hard the boss is is not the only measure of its quality. At this point in this series especially, you can't even complain that an easy final boss is uncharacteristic of these games or defies your expectations, because none of them are close to being the hardest in their own game.
>>
Not a great boss but The End of Fire is probably the best ending the series could have hoped for.
>>
>>375695824
>Easier than Soul of Cinder

How? Soul of Cinder was probably the easiest boss in Dark Souls 3.

But you do have a point in that difficulty isn't their only merit. Them being easy makes sense lore wise. And there is just something special about Gwyn, you enter his boss room expecting an epic final battle, only to find a broken man who has become but a shell of his former self, all accompanied by the sad piano music
>>
Is the game in goty edition worth buying?
i plated demon soul and bloodborn but didnt like demons soul 1 and 2..
>>
>>375696110
You must've been running one hell of a build in DS3 to think that Gwyn was more difficult than Soul of Cinder. Either that or you just sucked nuts at DS1. Because Gwyn is really kind of a pushover.
>>
>>375696354
I killed Soul of Cinder in one try, and spent more time on Gwyn than I did on O&S. I don't know how Gwyn would be a pushover
>>
>>375691305
Gerhman was a good fight though
>>
>>375691480
>And the fight is pretty hard if you don't parry him or use any sorcerery/pyromancy while walking backwards
>>
>>375696354
There are two sorts of people who beat DaS1, those who knew how to parry Gwyn and those who didn't, the latter probably never parried at all in any part of the game.

It took me a while to realize it but you can judge peoples' description of "hard" entirely on whether or not they could parry.
>>
>>375696591
He's not hard to dodge either though. Maybe at the time he was, but. Or after so much of ds2, bloodborne, and ds3 he feels like a complete pushover
>>
File: whatever.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>375687178
I liked it. So your opinion is objectively wrong.
>>
>>375696457
You were probably just worse at the games when you played DaS. Doesn't explain why you'd spend more time on Gwyn than O&S, but still. He just isn't that hard. I'm not saying Soul of Cinder is hard, just that Gwyn is less threatening and less complex.

>>375696591
I get that parrying gwyn is a meme at this point, but just because parrying him totally trivializes him doesn't mean he's going to tear your ass apart otherwise.
>>
>>375694573
So stop posting then.
>>
>>375696457
>>375696591
Even if you absolutely refuse to parry him at all, Gwyn is totally trivialized with a good shield and decent poise, or even a mediocre shield with some poise and some good rolling. I can only see him being a nuisance if you try to dodgeroll literally every attack and use a slow as fuck weapon.
>>
We always talk about last bosses, which Soulsborne game had the best FIRST boss?
>>
>>375696854
Really all Gwyn has on Soul of Cinder is aggression, because Gwyn leaves basically no big breathers.

On the other hand you've got 20 estus and working poise in DaS1 with OP stamina regeneration items. There's no reason you should be dying to someone like Gwyn that late in the game.

>>375696968
If you skip the optional Cleric Beast, I'd say Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne. If you can't except that, I guess Iudex Gundyr is the only one that's all that interesting.
>>
File: 1438668498508.jpg (72KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
1438668498508.jpg
72KB, 600x565px
If we're talking final bosses:
Moon Prescence > Nashandra > Gwyn > Soul of Cinder
But fuck you pessimistic cunts, I though all 4 were great.
>>
File: 1419629097450.png (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1419629097450.png
38KB, 600x600px
>>375697469
oh yeah I forgot about Allant.
he's...aight.
>>
do optional bosses count as final bosses?

I mean you can finish Bloodborne by just facing mergo's wet nurse
>>
>>375697582
but only pussies don't eat 3 cords and actually finish the game
>>
>>375697664
Gehrman is way harder than Moon Presence though
>>
>>375687178
Conceptually it's a cool boss but gameplay wise it is a cakewalk and then a rehash of the final boss from dark souls 1. I died once to the boss because I got gibbed by the explosion when he goes into the second form. A shame really, the bosses in 3 overall were easy as heck to fight. I beat every boss my first try up until Pontiff, which I then beat the second time.
>>
>>375697582
Even if you count all three of Bloodborne's potential final bosses, none of them are super challenging. The hardest is Gehrman, though I can see his specific style of boss being a big pain for some people. I found a couple of bosses in the game to be harder than him before the DLC.
>>
>>375697469
Nashandra sucked
>>
>>375697582
In this case Nameless King is the real final boss in DS3 and is without a doubt the best
>>
>>375687178

but what was the worst boss of all?
>>
>>375697582
I could maybe understand saying Moon Presence might not be the 'final boss' because there are specific conditions you need to meet to get it. But I'd say Gehrman can't be disqualified because really the options there are "fight the final boss" and "pussy out like a fucking bitch".
>>
>>375697905
Moon Presence does count as the final boss, since the Childhood's Beginning is the true ending
>>
When will this "Gwyn is hard if you don't parrycheese him" meme end?

Literally any decent shield trivialises him. He has no way to respond to just walking backwards and chucking spells. If you equip ultraheavy armour you can just poisetank through his hits while taking like 10% damage max each time.
>>
>>375697875
Bed of Chaos easy. What a piece of shit fight. They managed to take the worst boss from Demon's Souls and somehow make it even worse.
>>
>>375697987
I mean, it probably is, but it's not like there's an established canon ending for Bloodborne right now.
>>
>>375698060
It's a pretty open ending, but I'm pretty sure that childhood's beginning is the canon ending
>>
>>375698049

Actually, yeah. But that's more of a shit puzzle than a boss. My money's on any of the Asylum Demon reskins. Boring as hell, and always killed me just because the camera got stuck on their asses. Even the covetous demon was more fun
>>
>>375687178
I don't think it's a shitty final boss. Easy, definitely, but I think it's a cool design and it's an enjoyable fight unlike Ancient Wyvern or Yhorm
>>
>>375698121
Honestly I was ok with the Stray Demon, the firesage is a fucking joke though. There really is no reason for that boss to exist, seeing as the only thing between it and another boss is a staircase.
>>
>>375697875
the two reindeer monsters in DS2 DLC, also because of the terrible zone you have to pass to reach them
>>
>Gwyn is better than Gwyn 2.0
Whatever you clowns say.

>>375698040
Literally any decent shield trivializes everything in DaS except maybe Manus.
>>
>>375698454
You could say that about a lot of things in DaS; sprinting, rolling, using sorcery, pyromancy...
there's a lot of ways to make DaS really easy, shields are just the most accessible way
>>
File: Guts23.jpg (52KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
Guts23.jpg
52KB, 468x468px
I thought it was good, souls final bosses have always focused on narrative impact rather than challenging the player. That being said, King Allant, Gwyn and Gehrman had way more emotional impact than Soul of Cinder for me.
>>
>>375698653
You can't compare pressing L1 without any timing or regard for stamina management to rolling.
>>
>>375698972
I would say in the case of DaS, rolling is almost nearly as easy as using a shield. Every attack is so slow and deliberate
>>
>>375699073
Not at all. Mindless rolling will get you killed unless you have a medium shield.
>>
>>375687338
>what is judex gundyr
>what is champion gundyr
>what is deacons of the deep
>what is yhorm the giant
>what is crystal sage
>what is ancient wyvern
>what is halflight
>what is champion's gravetender
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.