[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As somebody who has played no dragon age games, which one do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg (61KB, 505x269px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Inquisition_BoxArt.jpg
61KB, 505x269px
As somebody who has played no dragon age games, which one do I start with and why?

>assume I'll get all the DLC
>>
DAO.

Skip inquisition
>>
>>375683543

why? is origins open world?
>>
>>375683323
Origins obviously. Best reason being its the first one.

Other reasons being that it is the only good dragon age.
>>
Don't bother none of them are good
>>
>>375683662

i hate non-open world rpgs. is it claustrophobic or is there enough in areas to be satisfying?
>>
>>375683610

Origins is a pretty good generic fantasy adventure.

Inquisition is a pretty bad generic fantasy adventure.

Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 were the last dying gasp of old Bioware.
>>
I really enjoyed origins and its dlc.

I liked the story in Dragon Age 2. Shame about the really repetative environments but they characters were interesting enough and the political intrigue was just enough to make me finish it.

I'm about half way through Inquisition and I'm honestly about to give up after repeatedly telling myself I'm having fun, I wasn't. The story is dull the party members range from pants on heads to mildly interesting. Most of the time it plays like an MMO the story missions would be better if the main villain wasn't always absent from them. Honestly you meet him near the begining and up until 60 hours in I have only met his henchmen since. Also the politcally correct brigade had a field day with the dialogue and a lot of it is really jarring.
>>
File: 1331624950330.gif (416KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1331624950330.gif
416KB, 250x187px
>>375683323
Inquisition is the best game.

DAO is the worst gameplay and visuals by far, but sort of necessary to actually understand what the fuck is going on.

DA2 is a pile of shit, but the combat is marginally improved and the visuals are the best looking which makes sense because the game world is so fucking small and repetitive.

DAI is actually fucking fun, and the story is a lot better than O and 2. The graphics are well modeled but the animations feel lazy as shit. Still probably the game that's most worth your time though. Especially if you manage to slog your way through origins.

The story is pretty good overall, but you can just read a plot synopsis in a fraction of the time, and not be any worse off.

Overall I'd only bother with the series if it'll get you into a girl's pants. That's the only reason I played them.
>>
>>375684287

Thx brah. I'm convicted to go with origins.
>>
>>375684710

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for a rpg generic fantasy 3rd person game. Like oblivion and morrowind but not so old.
>>
>>375684736
Np
>>
Origins is actually a good game, except for the Haze/whatever the fuck it was called. So get Origins.
>>
>>375684837
Console or PC?
>>
>>375684837
Kingdoms of Amalur
>>
>>375684871
The Fade. And there's a mod to skip it.
>>
>>375684929

PC
>>
>>375683323
Are you stupid?
Play it in order of release. Just start from the beginning, really don't understand "gamers" these days.
>>
Play the first one and that's it. The other 2 are shit.
>>
>>375684837
As already mentioned, Kindoms of Amalur is a fuckin' dope game. Shame it'll never get a sequel...

Arx Fatalis is rad as well.

If you're open to isometric games as well Divinity Original Sin is fun, and co-op.
>>
>>375683323
neither

just don't even bother
>>
>>375683323
Play Origins. Then play Awakening.
Ignore DA2 and Inquisition.
>>
>>375685093
The Witcher 2&3 I enjoyed the stories a lot, bonus the books are enjoyable if you want more of the lore. I never played the first but never felt like I was missing much.

Knights of the Old republic for a great star wars game the sequel is pretty good too, I have heard good arguements made for either being the best but the first is my fav.

Divinity Original Sin is more top down but with a go if you want to loose hundreds of hours.

Mount and Blade: Warband is very customisable and has a lot of stratgic elements too. I have sunk many hours into it, you can be a almost anything you want to be in it. Just have a glance through the mods if you want something in GOT, LOTR or my favourite the romance of the three kingdoms mod.
>>
>>375683323
Play them in chronological order. Take your time, do all the side quests, appreciate the setting.
Use your save file across all three games. Your choices carry over between games. The outcome of one quest in Origins can have (admittedly minor at times) effects in Inquisition, and so on.
Don't listen to the shitters here. They all have their flaws, but anything about every single DA after Origins being shit is a meme invented by people trying to get cool kid kred on 4chin.
Just watch, when it's fashionable to like DAI all of these nutjobs will crawl out of the woodwork, where they hated it because it was cool before.
Also, romance Morrigan in Origins and knock her up. It's the best choice.
>>
>>375685634
don't listen to this post
>>
>>375685634
>when it's fashionable to like DAI
aaaaaaaaaaany day now
>>
I wonder how many hours I've actually spent on DAO. Did two 100% or almost 100% runs on PC plus one shorter one and one 100% run on 360.
Then I played DA2 and dropped it after about 3 hours.
>>
>>375685634
>>375685750
>>375686104
>>375686196
Also, this trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlACgYHtWCI
>>
>>375685634
da2 is one of the worst games of all time you dumb fucking nigger
>>
>>375686452
Wow! It's up there with ET and the Killing Grounds? Really?
And here I thought that it was only a bit repetitive and a few story elements didn't add up!
Wow, the standards for being a bad video game have certainly lowered haven't they?

Why even play video games if you don't seem to like any of them?
What's the point of living if you're so damn cynical?
>>
>>375686675
>not liking DA2 means you don't like any video game
Biodrone plz
>>
>>375686803
It's cool to hate things on /v/. I'll never understand why. It's not like you actually GAIN anything from it. In fact, you lose potential enjoyment for the sake of being a fuckwit.
>>
>>375686675
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>375686869
there is very little potential enjoyment to be found in Dragon Age 2, and that's coming from someone who's completed it at least 4 times
>>
>>375686929
No problem with that. You're not claiming to hate the shit out of it because of some hateful cuckery.
It's not objectively shit though. There are plenty of people out there who have had fun on the game, because different people have different tastes.
>>
>>375687153
>It's not objectively shit though
yes it is

if you like it, it's your taste being shit, not the game being good
>>
>>375686675
you're the contrarian here, reddit. da2 is garbage. the writing was fucking horrible, every single side area was copy pasted EXACTLY, the combat was action garbage and felt like shit and enemies spawned out of thin air. it sucked cock

>do a quest that involves your mother
>someone kidnaps your mother
>murders her
>dismembers her
>turns her into a zombie sex slave
WOW BIOWARE, BRAVO! EXCELLENT WRITING!

then you have red lyrium which was the most absolute dog shit writing i've ever seen. no more do you actually have to make a hard choice between mages and templars since red lyrium makes templars just as dangerous as mages LOL!!! go fuck yourself you dumb nigger biodrone
>>
>>375684837
I would recommend Gothic 2 but you don't want old, so how about Risen? They don't really come out too often anymore. Maybe Witcher?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.