[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disgaea 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

How do I enjoy this game?

When does it get fun?
>>
>>375680117

You probably just don't have the correct kind of autism to enjoy these games.
>>
>>375680627
There's just so much to do that its almost overwhelming. And usually I like games like that but after the same 30th grind battle it starts to lose purpose. Item world is fun but also overwhelming when you can go in ANY item. Sending party members off on the ships is nice until I suddenly need one of them. With adhd its fun getting distracted but this is too much.
>>
and thats not touching the item assembly or the senate stuff...you end up forgetting theres a plot
>>
>>375680117
You don't

It doesn't.

You chase bigger numbers forever.
>>
>>375680117
If you enjoy endless grind and building up custom characters it should be fun. The plots of these games are always just embarrassingly bad
>>
>>375680117
it gets fun in the later chapters of the game when almost all the facilities are unlocked
when everything is unlocked you can level up like crazy
>>
Honestly, even if you don't enjoy the grinding, the story mode is still perfectly fine. I'm not really interested in grinding items for max stats and all that, but I still got 50 hours out of the main game.

The plot is silly, sure, but the characters are decent enough and the story battles are fun.
>>
When you discover that you can use one stats potion in a bunch of characters at the same time. Later you will go to the item world and then the game will start.
>>
thanks for the replies lads

any tips, favorite classes, etc to share? So many combinations and possibilities...
>>
>>375681102
Set little goals for yourself helps like just focusing on getting innocents for your items and focus on that until you are happy for the time being, then try for something else.
>>
>>375683068
I used the story characters +
-Dark Knight
-Celestial Hostess
-Magic Knight
-Sorceress

The nice thing about story mode is that with the cheat shop, you can literally change any aspect of the game to make it harder, easier, etc, meaning you can use any team you want.

Also, IMO, upgrading spell AoE is more valuable than upgrading the power for story mode. Your spells are usually powerful enough to do enough damage, but it's annoying only being able to hit 1 or 2 squares
>>
File: CV2WC6OUAAEOmGD.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CV2WC6OUAAEOmGD.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>375683068
Mages are super good as always.

I felt overwhelmed at first too, but there's no need to. You can always Min-max later so it's not like you can do anything wrong with your stats or whatever.

The only way to max out affinity is to play the board game (so many fucking times). It's the biggest flaw I have in the game since I never want to max out any more units because of the tedious board game (I didn't mind all other grinds oddly)

Also just have fun. Pick whatever classes or characters you like. But always get a Sage to speed things up
>>
>>375683068
I'm fond of the Magic Knight. Her evilities are based around strengthening elemental based attacks which makes her the best with fire, wind, and ice magic. She even gets elemental versions of the sword skills too if you choose to have her use swords.
>>
>>375683068
Also the first thing to do to get a lot of high numbers is to max out all your subclasses. Do this by choosing them from the dark assembly and switching when one is maxed. A good idea is to use custom maps to make farming that much faster, but it's up to you. I used a map named Evanidus, but that was a long time ago. Might want to look up newer and more efficient maps
>>
>>375680117
you should have started with 2 and played forward. now you can never go back.
>>
File: D2_Prinny_Artwork.jpg (232KB, 840x1000px) Image search: [Google]
D2_Prinny_Artwork.jpg
232KB, 840x1000px
Prinnies: adorably useless or uselessly adorable?
>>
>>375685615
wanna die dude?
>>
>>375685816
>dude
Impostor.
>>
will the switch version be worth purchasing over getting it on the ps4 at this point?
>>
>>375685908
It's nice to have all the DLC for sure. The main selling point of the Switch version is the portability though. I've always played Disgaea on Vita, & the convenience is awesome.
>>
>>375685908
I'd say so unless trophies are a major thing for you.
>>
>>375686026
>>375686346
is the DLC worth the extra money it costs?
>>
File: autism.jpg (43KB, 462x253px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
43KB, 462x253px
>>375680117
Play an actual good Disgaea such as 4.
>>
>>375686423
Honestly, no. It's an extra $30 for like 12-15 battles and a few new characters. If you don't care about portability, I'd go for the PS4 version. In my case, the portability made it 100% worth it for me to get the Switch version though.
>>
>>375680117
>How do I enjoy this game?
Do you like grindan?

>When does it get fun?
After you finish the main story so you can release your min/maxing autism at full force.
>>
Game's not for everyone. If you aren't hooked instantly you probably never will be.
>>
how broken does the earlygame become with the dlc? Can you have Metallia steamrolling from the very beginning?
>>
Best girl btw
>>
>>375687076
Nope, that's the nice thing, the DLC chars are scaled to your chapter.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.