[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pick a difficulty. http://www.strawpoll.me/12877089

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: difficulty.png (111KB, 402x250px) Image search: [Google]
difficulty.png
111KB, 402x250px
Pick a difficulty.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12877089
>>
>>375679950
very easy
>>
>>375680046
How is this even fun? You might as well watch a movie.
>>
very normal
>>
>>375679950
>not picking ''normal'' for the first playthrough
>>
>>375681015
Normal means accessible to the average person who has a life besides video games and maybe a family or kids who still go to school.

Not to your average autistic, unemployed /v/ neck beard. Gee I'm disappointed. I expected a lot more from you guys. Nobody picks very hard?
>>
the fuck if I'm going to play ele td on very hard before I know what the best towers are
>>
>only three other people picked very hard
you know who you guys are man, and you're all fucking cool, but everyone else is a giant fucking pussy.
>>
File: wu lad.png (165KB, 1276x717px) Image search: [Google]
wu lad.png
165KB, 1276x717px
>>375679950
you first
>>
God tier: Hard > Normal > Very Hard

Shitt tier: Easy, Very Easy
>>
>>375679950
very hard become I'm pretty good at games haha :>
>>
>>375681176
I mean if you are picking up a genre you never tried before for the first time that is not a bad idea, or be a retard instead, go hard get raped and then complain online the game was shit.
>>
Hard if there is a higher difficulty, normal if not. Hard usually just increases enemy damage numbers/resistance instead of actually making it more difficult.
>>
>>375679950
European Extreme
>>
Very easy.
>>
Normal.

If that turns out to be misnamed for me, I can still switch.
>>
Depends, how does hard and up change the difficulty?
>>
Depends on the game really, if it's an action game it's gotta have good combat or else fuck it, what's the point. No if by making it "very hard" all it does is increase stats of the enemy, and also no if enemies become unkillable damage sponges like enemies on legendary difficulty in skyrim for example. Usually play on very hard.
>>
>easy
>wooooow you fucking casual
>Normal
>keeeek you fucking pussy
>hard
>lol stop being a tryhard
>>
If the game is more fun in Hard then Hard, if it's bullet sponge or artificial difficulty then Normal.

Easy and below is for faggots
>>
File: 666 666.jpg (66KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
666 666.jpg
66KB, 666x666px
>>375683925
>>
>>375679950
Very easy if we're talking about your mom
Very hard if we're talking about my dick
>>
>>375683753
Nobody will ever admit that Normal was too easy for them. They will always say: "I barely made it!" In reality they were barely scratching their comfort zone.

Friends. Not being killed and surviving used to be the exception in video games, not the rule. That's why you felt a special pride when you reached areas you couldn't before.
Today it's the opposite. A neckbeard who picked "Hard" and is eating while playing and barely paying attention cries that it is too difficult when he dies for the first time after 1 hours.

Have more faith in yourself. And yeah monsters are supposed to be hard to kill. Try fighting a bear with a sword IRL. He will be a fucking damage sponge too.

Everyone who regularly plays video games and doesn't play AT LEAST "Hard" is a pussy. If you play Normal you play on the same difficulty casuals who played 3 games in their lives, do. You should be ashamed.
>>
>>375679950
What game? Looks vaguely familiar
>>
I used to pick hard but I realized hard is usually just bullet sponge or cheating enemies and not actually more challenging, so I just play normal
>>
>>375679950
I pick hard for the first playthrough cause it's meant for a challenge which I like, and then very hard, cause sometimes very hard can just have some bullshit in it that doesn't make it fun and forces you down a specific strategy usually.

hard - challenging first playthrough
very hard - replayability and bullshit

Anything less than those two is for orks.
>>
i never go below the hardest difficulty setting thats available from the start.
>>
File: 1487800048177s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1487800048177s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>375684352
This is probably the most autistic post I've read in a very long time.

>try fighting a bear with a sword

like are you fucking serious?
>>
Depends on the game.
If the gameplay's really solid I'll play on hard
If the gameplay's average or it's a genre I'm not very familiar with, I'll play on normal.
If it's a game with bad gameplay that I'm playing for reasons that primarily aren't gameplay, I'll consider playing on easy. The only games I've ever done this for before are Nier, Drakengard, and Planescape Torment
>>
>>375684497
depends on the game honestly
I usually go hard but for Persona 5 I was told to go normal cus it was my first persona game.
>>
>>375684629
Did you ever hear about gladiator games, idiot?
>>
>>375685049
Um, yes. I'm not bringing up the point that this has happened, but the fact that you'd bring this up as a comparison in difficulty with respect to video games.

Cause you know, it's really fucking stupid and doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>375679950
Can this be Warcraft 3 thread instead? What map is that from anyway.
>>
>>375685232
My point was simple. Even though they are in video games, heroes still live in dangerous worlds. And these worlds are supposed to be fucking dangerous.

If you pick an easy difficulty like normal it feels not like you won because of YOU and your wits and skills, because the hero you picked happened to be so superior to his foes.

The comparison with the bear is valid, the only difference is that you can try again if you fail. But a really good and challenging game should should make you feel that your odds to save the world would be similar to your odds in real life. (Well maybe higher) Then it feel special.
>>
File: doom difficulty.jpg (54KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
doom difficulty.jpg
54KB, 600x375px
What do you choose, /v/?
>>
LegionTD<Azeroth wars<Ww trans<LTF<War in the plaguelands
If this isnt your top 5 might as well end it already
>>
>>375684465
Definitely WC3 menus, probably a custom map.
>>
>>375685597
I'm too young to die
>>
>>375679950
This is what I prefer.
>Easy: Health regeneration, enemies drop more loot/gold, lowers health and damage of enemies
>Normal: No health regeneration (you need to use items/magic to get health back), enemies drop default amount of loot/gold, enemies have default health and damage
>Hard: No health regeneration (you need to use items/magic to get health back), enemies drop default amount of loot/gold, enemies have default health and damage, new types of enemies appear around the world, enemies have more attacks with bigger variety of moves, enemies behave differently when they are alone or in group
>>
It depends on the game

if it's a genre I know well, or a game that lends itself well to gitting gud fast and has hard modes that are actually fun (IE enemies aren't just damage sponges with nuclear weapons or outright cheating) then there's no time for shitting, put me on that highest difficulty.

If I'm unfamiliar with the genre/game, normal mode to start with and I go up from there if need be.

Some games just get to be bullshit on higher difficulties. I refuse to play deity on any civilization game because it just isn't fun. And when I replay alpha protocol, I do it on the easiest difficulty because I'm sure not playing that game for deep combat.
>>
>>375685651
Is there a list or a meme picture which all the cool custom campaigns? You just named 5. There got to be a picture with many of them.
>>
>>375686018
There arent many good custom campaigns easiest way to check is in the hiveworkshop and sort by ratings
Btw those I posted are maps, and sadly the few that are still even played
>>
>>375686018
I think the best campaign was rise of the forsaken
First half was pretty blizzlike then it went to shit with the self insert characters
>>
If higher difficulty makes enemies more aggressive and adds shit then i'll pick the highest one possible and go through that. Had fun in MGR but fuck those gorilla robots.

If it's just HP increase for enemies or something similar i'll play normal.
>>
Hard for the first playthrough in a genre I'm familiar with, normal for one I'm not and very hard for the second playthrough.
>>
>Very Easy: Babby's or literal retards
>Easy: Dumb casuals or children
>Normal: First time players or normal people
>Hard: Hardcoer but first time playing or already beat the game once
>Very Hard: Try-hard autists or genuine experts
>>
>>375686018
Dwarf campaign is top-tier.
>>
File: 1472208214377.jpg (6KB, 153x199px) Image search: [Google]
1472208214377.jpg
6KB, 153x199px
>>375681176
>picks up a new game that seemed pretty fun
>heard it was very complex, but didn't want to spoil myself of using a strategy guide
>pick normal as it would still be challenging as a new player
>screeching /v/irgin runs into my room and starts screeching how i'm not like them and how i should already know this
>>
Normal.
If normal is shit the game is shit.
>>
>>375686554
You
>didn't want to spoil myself and use a strategy guide

Me
>didn't want to spoil it and pick Norm-casu-al.
>>
>>375686018
Do you mean campaigns in the literal sense of a collection of RTS maps that make up a story, or are you just using it to mean maps in general? WC3's editor featured a turing complete scripting language with full control over camera and models which allowed almost any genre to be represented. There are a lot of great nonstandard games like minigolf, soccer, and dodgeball maps, shooters with 3D physics like TcX and Combat Zone, dungeon crawlers/boss arenas like Obsidian Depths and Impossible Bosses, and more. There's also a lot really fun more traditional map types like all the Maul-style TDs, hero arenas, mobas, and so on.

When it comes to actual campaigns with RTS gameplay, there's a surprisingly small number of quality ones. I went through and played a bunch many years ago and can't even remember their names, but I only even bothered to finish two.
>>
File: 1492893645942.jpg (31KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1492893645942.jpg
31KB, 699x485px
>>375679950
>all these faggots picking hard to try to look cool on an anonymous image board
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.