[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Literally just intimidated 3 shop keepers for 100 gold each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 21

File: 20170501203001_1.jpg (594KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170501203001_1.jpg
594KB, 1920x1080px
>Literally just intimidated 3 shop keepers for 100 gold each

>Accepted into super secret elite thieves guild

>See guild member for first time

>"I've never seen anyone with skills like yours, good to meet you"

What the fuck bethesda?
>>
>>375674837

>thieves guild are now an extortionist mafia owned by the most unpleasant character in the game who you can't kill.
>>
File: 20170501204742_1.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170501204742_1.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
Just claimed my first innocent life. Wujeeta in Riften. Going to kill all killable npcs in game.
>>
File: 1385168467095.jpg (70KB, 420x599px) Image search: [Google]
1385168467095.jpg
70KB, 420x599px
>>375674837
is just a fantasy theme park
>>
>>375674837
>super scret
no
>elite thieves
no
>>
You are aware they're the most desperate cunts around, this should have been obvious when he tried to sell his elixer and all of riften just told him to get fucked
>>
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422

Comprehensive breakdown of why the thieves guild is the biggest piece of shit in the game.
>>
>>375678052
I grab your sweet head and kiss u on the lips my queen
>>
File: lollol.jpg (420KB, 900x1164px) Image search: [Google]
lollol.jpg
420KB, 900x1164px
The mage college was the biggest disappointment to me. It basically felt like pic related. I just wanted some fun magic school hi-jinks.
>>
>>375678929
>The Thieves Guild is not the worst bit of writing in Skyrim. (I think I’d give that honor to the quest in Markarth where you have to deal with the Forsworn.)
I like this already.
Everything about the fornsworn quest is shit. The brawl that happens during the quest is broken as shit. You break out of "The safest prison in Skyrim" and everyone mentions it like it's no big deal.
>>
>>375679381
kek
>>
>>375676107
They were so cool in Oblivion, from the first test to get in to fucking Elder Scroll heist at the end.

How did Skyrim manage to bastardize every questline?
>>
Oblivion had the best thieves guild, the bums, the fencing, the grey fox, quality fucking game design.
>>
>>375680136

They really were. In Oblivion, they were part of something far greater, though. They seemed to have actual ties to gods and kings and lore.

In Skyrim, they're just mooks in a sewer.
>>
File: vex.jpg (901KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vex.jpg
901KB, 1920x1080px
Say what you will but vex is a tsundere slut who loves getting fucked by dogs and I love her for it.
>>
all the faction quests were trash. every single one
>join companions
>go punch some idiot
>go explore a draugr crypt
>WELCOME TO THE SUPER SECRET INNER CIRCLE THAT FEW EVEN KNOW EXIST
>BTW WE'RE ALL WEREWOLVES LOL!
>>
>>375680451
Sacrilege
>>
>Be Magically illiterate barbarian who can't even use a fireball.
>join mage university because.
>become dean of said university a week latter because you smashed shit with a club.
>>
>>375680474
Plus the fact that you are forced to become a filthy fucking werewolf rather than join the Silver Hand and skin those fuckers for their pelts
>>
File: 1485474763630.jpg (355KB, 900x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1485474763630.jpg
355KB, 900x1164px
>>375679381
>>
>>375682895

You don't become dean of an IRL university by being their best student. You do it through accomplishments.
>>
>>375683089
Yeah, at least with the Dark Brotherhood trainwreck of a questline you could team up with the Empire to kill each and every one of them. The fact there's no questline to team up with the silver pact and remove furry is sickening
>>
How will they handle the voiced protag in the next game?
>>
>>375683748
toddler howard said voiced protagonist was a mistake, so hopefully it wont happen again.

who am i kidding? bethesda gets worse with each passing game.
>>
>>375683139
Tried E.Y.E cause someone said it was unique. Should of took that as its shit.
>>
>>375683748
It won't have one, They won't remove playable races and it would be to expensive to voice every line for every race.
>>
>>375684027
They dont have to. All they have to do is voice male, female.
>>
>Get to be the guild leader
>That one bitch still acts like you're some lowlife
>>
>>375679759
Or how they tried to make you feel sorry for the Forsworn who literally WUZ KANGZ
>>
>>375683629
>Be moron.
>Break shit.
>Become Dean of Harvard school of Law.

seems to have worked out.
>>
>>375679381
>big ball of magic does magic things
>stop it with magic
>whoo fuck you thalmor
>nothing will ever be explained
>>
>>375684223
Is she killable? I swore you could get rid of her since she's nothing but a cunt.
>>
What's even the best quest in Skyrim, I can't fucking think of one
>>
>every single guild quest is returning them to glory
>except for the college which remains exactly the same as you left it
>>
>>375683089
It's insane how the Silver Hand are the bad guys, they're literally just the Dawnguard hunting werewolves instead of vampires.
>>
>>375684681

All the good quests are in Dragonborn.
>>
>>375684672
I was talking about Vex
>>
>>375684681
A Return To Your Roots
>>
>super secret elite thieves guild
>literally living in a sewer
>>
>>375684757
When they're not hunting werewolves they're bandits so to fund their operations. Even before you meet the Companions they'll still shoot at you on sight.
>>
>>375684842
>super secret elite assassin cult
>literally living in a cave
>>
>>375684842

The point is that they're NOT a super secret elite guild and are actually run-down and not doing well.
>>
>>375679381

>Entire mages guild quest line requires you use magic twice
>Neither are difficult spells to learn
>Neither are in actual combat or for any purpose at all really

It's not even a fucking mages guild, it's the stealth archer guild.
>>
>>375685010

just like every other one.
>>
File: 1486827683341.jpg (43KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
1486827683341.jpg
43KB, 377x326px
>>375674837
every guild in Skyrim feels like filler, they're not fun
>>
>>375674837
>tfw you only did the thieves guild questline because Brynjolf's voice was too sexy
I hated how they wasted most of the unique voices on the thieves guild when they rehashed voices for almost everyone else.
>>
File: sidequests.jpg (36KB, 460x528px) Image search: [Google]
sidequests.jpg
36KB, 460x528px
>>375684970
That's what they get for ignoring the Night Mother and Sithis. Emperor assasination would have worked too if it weren't for Astrid chickening out.
>>
>>375684970
Dark Brotherhood actually involved killing
>>
>>375679381
>become the archmage for defeating a distracted thalmor
>>
File: tantrum.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>375679381
>Magic guild spends like half an hour slowly showing you around the place, introducing you to fellow students, showing you a class, etc. etc.
>Just enough to start getting comfy and hyped to forget about vikings and draugr and get all harry potter for a change
>Quest number fucking 2 is where it throws all that out the window in favor of the typical skyrim "you're the chosen one, now go kill these dudes and we'll heap another title on you and give you a legendary artifact or something" quest.
>>
>>375680136
>How did Skyrim manage to bastardize every questline?
I read a summary of skyrim that went something like this (paraphrasing heavily); "Both oblivion and Skyrim casualized things, but in a fundamentally different way. In Oblivion, one character can potentially do everything in the game. In Skyrim, one PLAYSTYLE can do everything in the game."

As part of their quest towards catering to the lowest common denominator, they worked every single quest in the game so that it's fundamentally the same as every other quest, so that once the average dipshit straight off the street learns how to click LMB to swing a sword and kill zombies, they never need to be fundamentally challenged again. There's no thieving in the thieves guild, there's no magic in the magic guild, there's just going out and killing shit and being pointed to the next cave to kill more shit in.

The sad thing is that it absolutely worked, Skyrim was a fucking cultural phenomenon.
>>
>>375684915
yeah, so? it could be fixed if the writing and game design wasn't shit
>>
>I know you didn't earn a single piece of that gold honestly, boy

FUCK YOU. I killed dragons, and a hundred fucking bandit thugs just like you to get EVERY piece of this stuff. Who would I even sell stolen goods to considering I've never even been to the thieves' guild? Do you see this white beard and this milked-over, cataract eye? I'm fucking seventy man, come on.

I wanted to kill him, or at least get him thrown in jail, the second I met him.
>>
It's even better if you fail the initial quest and get caught by the guards. Brynjolf says some garbage like, "Well, at least you tried, and really, enthusiasm's all you need around here."
>>
>>375687632
>Who would I even sell stolen goods to considering I've never even been to the thieves' guild?
you can sell stolen goods with a speechcraft perk that allows you to invest in their store
>>
>>375684681
The Sheogorath quest for the Wabbajack I guess
>>
>>375687373
>There's no thieving in the thieves guild
Granted there's not much for the first half of the quest line but the second half, which most people aren't even aware exists, is nothing but thieving.

>there's no magic in the magic guild
People seem to have forgotten there was no magic in the magic guild in Oblivion either. Everyone always goes on about how you only have to cast one spell during the College quest line in Skyrim but do you know how many spells you are required to cast in Oblivion's mage guild quest line? Three. And right before you do they give you the scrolls needed to cast them in case you aren't actually a mage. And you cast these spells on inanimate objects in order to open door.

Nostalgia googles is blinding everyone. Even morrowind only forces you to actually be a mage, thief, etc. by virtue of the fact there are artificial "Have one skill at X points and 2 skills at Y points" barriers to starting quests. The quests themselves rarely require the relevant skills.
>>
File: 1290769666645.jpg (139KB, 638x539px) Image search: [Google]
1290769666645.jpg
139KB, 638x539px
>Thieves guild
>Final quest involves RETURNING a stolen item to a crypt
>>
>>375684027
>expensive
all voice acting needs to be minimum wage
>>
>>375688102
>goggles is
You mean are.
>>
>>375688261
>minimum wage
>not having unpaid interns do it
c'mon step it up
>>
>>375684027
>>375688261
The problem isn't that voice actors are expensive because they're really not, even the very biggest "celebrity" VAs don't make much money at all. The problem is that Bethesda keeps blowing their entire VA budget on one or two hollywood celebrities to do three lines for one particular character, which leaves them three pennies and a piece of half chewed bubblegum for the entire rest of the game's dialogue.
>>
>>375674837
>Guy in Windhelm says I should check out the College in Winterhold if I think I have the aptitude
>I do
>I become Arch Mage
>I go to see the guy in Windhelm while wearing the Arch Mage's uniform
>He says I should check out the College in Winterhold if I think I have the aptitude

Skyrim is really shallow
>>
>>375685369
>Emperor assasination
Why did they do this, again? I thought the current Emperor was pretty legit.
>>
>>375688713
Money
>>
>>375688772
What do they even do with this money? They live in a cave, wear rags and use shitty weapons, and got out-fucking-played by a Mummy and her Jester
>>
>>375688886
Didn't knew living in a cave made you immune to hunger.
>>
>>375688713
you're asking why the dark brotherhood killed someone? you dumb shit there is no fucking "why." sithis demands it
>>
>>375689254
>Skyrim Brotherhood
>Sithis
Okay, lad
>>
>>375688187
No anon the final FINAL quest is "grind fetch quests 5 times in each city then do a special quest after that".
>>
>>375688680
>I walk into town clad in armor made from dragon's bones, with a giant black legendary warhammer strapped to my back, wearing one of the death masks of the evil ancient rulers of the land that gives me enormous magical powers
>I'm holding a fat lump of fire in one hand and a blade in the other, followed along by a giant storm rock creature that's slaved to my every demand
>Also I just screamed a dragon to death and then sucked back his soul within spitting distance of the front gates, within full view of everyone inside.
>Some chucklefuck minimum wage guard takes one look at me and screeches "HAI MAGIC BOY, U MAKE POTIONS, HUH? HUH? YOU WANNA POTION ME UP SOME FUCKIN' BOOZE HAR HAR HAR"

It's really strange. Bethesda wants to make the player feel like a hero with all the legendary shit they heap on you and all the titles you get from all the guilds you pass by and all the dragons you're killing, yet they didn't ever seem to once consider that the player might actually become a hero at some point, so they just go ahead and make every random NPC always treat you like the freshest, greenest faggot who ever stumbled into town. Even fucking Fable did this better.
>>
>>375689395
The Emperor assassination was one of the only main quest kills given by the night mother.
>>
>>375684681
The majority of the Daedric Quests were the highlight of the base game. Faction questlines were all garbage.
>>
>>375685053
Why did skyrim have so many stealth archer guilds?
>>
>>375688032
>That shitty impersonator they got for Sheogorath in ESO
God damnit
>>
>>375689795
>tfw just bought eso
>40gb of kangarooland download speeds before I get to find out whether I did good or fucked up
k i l l m e
>>
>>375690065
Well, a lot of people are lagging like fucking crazy the past week or so.
>>
>>375680451
why a female thief(a profession that is punisheable by death seeing how guards reacts everytime a thief is discovered, that also includes parkour and shit abilities) would expose their thighs like that?
I mean seriously, one serious cut on the femoral artery and is game over for her.
>>
>>375690065
you didn't. australians have to play on a usa west coast server along with all the other sea monkeys
>>
>>375679381
Anyone else had a dragon attack right after the Archmage died?

A hilarious sight. First, you have people mourning him. Then when the dragon shows up, the Conjuring teacher (I think?) doesn't hesitate to animate his dead body and make it his servant to fight the dragon.

Gotta love Bethesday's AI.
>>
>>375685053
You can actually use a shout for the first one.
>>
>>375684681
I generally play thru the war and lose interest every time.
>>
>>375679381
>>375680136
Gonna combine these two posts and say the Mages Guild was worth mentioning. Not because of the finale, which was just kinda there, but that to even be accepted you had to do like three quests per guild per city. You actually had to earn your way in before you really even got to start the main mages questline.
But yeah, Whodunit is the best quest the series has had.
>>
>>375680451
What armor mod is this? I wanna show off some thigh and midriff.
>>
File: 1466368137311.gif (2MB, 209x229px) Image search: [Google]
1466368137311.gif
2MB, 209x229px
>unlikable NPCs make up half the population of Riften
>can't kill any of them
>>
>>375685053
Actually, the final dungeon forces you to use a couple of destruction spells and a ward, but they were weak and their spell tomes were laid out in the dungeon just in case players somehow didn't learn a fire spell or an ice spell by then.
>>
>>375691532
Yeah Bethesda really outdid themselves when they made it so that you can't kill any of the unkillable NPCs. That's not immersion.
>>
>>375690385
Out of all the unrealistic things in Skyrim it's the small bit of exposed thigh that triggers your autism?
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>Steal some shit, kill a guy or two, rack up a bounty
>Dirty pig cop sees me from a hundred feet away and starts running towards me
>Oh shit, I better book it

>Half an hour later I'm still running and I cannot rest because "there are enemies around", even though I lost sight of him 2 minutes into the chase
>Bethesda never actually thought to program in a scenario where the guard might give up the chase, he's just programmed to follow you relentlessly forever like the fucking terminator
>>
>>375692130
Probably worried about people failing quests because they killed some dude they weren't supposed to kill. But that's stupid. If you fail the quest, you fail the quest. Who cares?
>>
>>375692250
Should have made sure there were no horses around before you stole those spoons and killed that homeless peasant
>>
>>375692250
>Running from guards
>Lead them into giant's camp
>Watched them get moon smashed
Feels good
>>
>>375692413
Because all quests halting merely because one person involved being killed makes no sense, they'd have to code in a lot of what-ifs in all the quests.
>>
>>375692413
Come on, it just takes some creative thinking to get around that but bethesda chose the super easy casual way of invincible NPCs. Here's what 5 seconds of activated almonds cooked up:

All NPCs are killable and when they die within a few in game days their body is found and they are buried near where they died, and if they're in a city or village in the nearest graveyard.

Let the player pay gold to hire a necromancer to exhume the body and perform a resurrection for that person.

It's not perfect but its better than never dying npcs.
>>
>>375692413
> If you fail the quest, you fail the quest. Who cares?
This, I just want to ape around and kill people, I don't give a fuck If I can no longer get a thing from in a cave for some fuckhead, and get 2 septims and leather armor for it.
>>
>>375692413
I can see why they did it, because many people only do one game file for hundreds of hours and they'd be missing out on just a few hours of content. Restarting the whole game to get that one extra bit wouldn't be worth it to most, but we're on /v/ and most of us have the patience for that because it's a video game.
That said, I dislike it too. It would be more immersive if I had the option to end any quest by killing someone key to it.
>>
>>375693438
>>375692413
If you killed a main quest character in Morrowind, you got a text box that said
>The thread of destiny has been severed. Load a previous save or continue in the doomed world you've created
Not very subtle, but it worked.

>>375688102
You really just need trainers. After using the mudcrab merchant to sell tons of expensive shit (selling and buying back numerous pieces of armor so you can sell ~30,000g swords) you can pretty much train indefinitely. There comes a point where I will have over 100k gold and basically abuse the hell out of training and leveling.
>>
>>375688102
It's less about strictly needing to use magic, and more that the skyrim mage's guild has almost nothing to do with magic. People use 'didn't need to use magic' as short hand for saying what I said.

In Morrowind, you're sent on a tranquil walk to go pick mushrooms off trees for use in potions. In Oblivion, you're doing things like messing around with enchanted rings sunken inside wells and exposing necromancers. Both of these quests, while not strictly requiring magic, are things that a mage might actually do. In Skyrim, you have to kill zombies to find a staff. There's nothing particularly wizardly about that. You don't feel like a mage. You feel like some asshole who was sent to kill some zombies and found a staff, and then all of a sudden they say you're the greatest wizard ever for doing so and crown you the leader of their guild.
>>
>>375693197
Sometimes I think they did it on purpose.

Notice how the immortal NPC make the most mockery, be it children or that one cunt in Riften who, even when you're the chief of all the Skyrim criminal organizations, threatens you with thieves guild and dark brotherhood.

Just look at New Vegas - you can kill anyone and it has consequences. Sure, there is the dragon element, when "a dragon can swoop down at any time" and keep in mind that they're fucking annoying past certain level and difficulty, burning anyone but leveled guards or monsters in one flyby, so that the unique nonrespawning NPCs will start dying out - ofc. there's the Bethesda element, when killing a dragon is a communal activity rather than running for your life like you never have before.

Mods solve lot of Bethesda's bullshit, but with the way they're handling them in FO4 or Skyrim SE, I'm worried about the next TES game.
>>
>>375688102
>Granted there's not much for the first half of the quest line but the second half, which most people aren't even aware exists, is nothing but thieving.
I assume you mean the small jobs that Vex and Delvin offer?
The Numbers, Heist, Sweep, and the framing jobs don't require stealing anything. the heist and sweep jobs have the 'stolen' items marked as take, which don't affect your crime stats.
You can complete the whole Thieve's Guild questline without stealing anything.
>>
>>375694578
They could have just made NPCs run indoors when dragons came. Such a simple fix but nooooo Nizar is immortal so I have to hear him say "do you get to the cloud district often" every damn time.

I do believe they made kids immortal so there wouldn't be any bad publicity about a game where you can murder children.
>>
>>375694479
Tbh the Mage's Guild in Skyrim starts pretty nice.

You practice some spells and go on excavation in some old ruins with your lector. Among that, you can help your fellow students on their magical research, do some errands for the lectors and evenatually, discover the Midden area used for activity that isn't exactly kosher.

But then the arch mage dies, you save everything by shooting a staff, get named the new arch mage and everything's good.

>>375694923
Yeah, exactly what mods fix. Same with vampires. Without mods, half the town populations extinct because the vampires are fucking strong and the weak ass villagers try to fight them.

And yeah, kids are invincible for obvious reasons, last game I remember that had killable kids was Fallout 2 pre-patch. The patch made them invincible, but they were still able to pick your pocket, that was even more annoying than the fucking kid at Whiterun. Ofc, that is solved by mods (or even mere console command).
>>
>become head mage despite rolling an archer with no magic skills
>>
>>375692250
>Tutorial
>First encounter with enemies
>Stealth in the corner
>Enemies are scripted to walk towards you anyway even if they don't know that you are there

>Stealth into someones house
>They always know your exact position
>>
File: 1483063228947.jpg (100KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1483063228947.jpg
100KB, 500x286px
Bros, how do we fix magic in Elder Scrolls games?
>>
>>375683139
This is painfully true, last half of the game I had no fucking idea what was going on.
>>
>>375690385
Because that's a mod.

The default thief outfit is fully concealing leather.
>>
Do you think a modern audience would accept stricter CRPG gameplay, /v/? Remember in System Shock 2, there were items and areas effectively locked away behind different skills? If the next Elder Scrolls had a system like that, i.e. weapons that can't even be equipped without a high enough stat, how would you feel?
>>
>>375676235
i tried to kill every npc once, half of them are unkillable. pissed me off so much.
>>
>>375686983
Where are these gifs from?

I liked the one with the rats and the dude with a crown.
>>
>thanks for helping us out with that minor task, want to be the boss of our entire guild now?
>>
Make it so that the player can kill all npcs but other npcs can't.
That would fix the dragon problem
>>
File: NostalgiaGoggles[1].png (141KB, 459x453px) Image search: [Google]
NostalgiaGoggles[1].png
141KB, 459x453px
>>375674837
I always use to think I just had nostalgia goggles on but replying oblivion made me realize how shit gaming has actually become.

>NPC's actually move around and try to get behind you in melee
>Spellcasters actually run away and cast at you instead of standing still and letting you pummel their face in like in skyrim
>Much better thieves/mage/darkbro guild questlines
>Much larger dungeons
>Custom spell crafting

Appealing to the lowest denominator is destroying gaming.
>>
>>375696707
keep the casting system from skyrim but bring back morrowinds magic schools, spells and spell crafting.
>>
>>375684681
All unmarked quests
>>
Oblivion had some really good guild quests
>Whodunit?
>The Ultimate Heist
>The Purification
Joining the guilds also required some work.
>Finding the Thives guild
>Killing someone
>Getting the recommendations
Skyrim was basically "Welcome, now go kill draugr".
>>
File: 1277623321866.jpg (10KB, 264x282px) Image search: [Google]
1277623321866.jpg
10KB, 264x282px
>>375697526

I think they need to do that but add in a shitload of modifier keys/buttons to make a lot of spells instantly castable instead of a 'switch to this spell and then you can cast it' setup.

Could even throw stance switching in there to get a ton of spells available instantly at a moment's notice.
>>
>>375697920
And the bards college was fucking stupid
>>
>>375697920
It may be my autism but I find the repetitive nature of Skyrim to be very soothing
>>
>>375698141
You're just German or Slav maybe even Chink or Slant
>>
>>375676235
>killing Wujeeta
You fucking monster. You better stay the fuck away from Derkeethus
>>
File: 1442700991162.gif (479KB, 455x340px) Image search: [Google]
1442700991162.gif
479KB, 455x340px
>>375692413
Can't have the players missing out on content, which is why you can do everything with 1 character using 1 playstyle. I'm pretty sure Todd said he was surprised that people played multiple characters, and if he didn't it still sounds like a Todd Howard thing to say.
>>
Is elder scrolls 6 going to have voiced player?
>>
>>375698793
Todd took the feedback of everyone hating it pretty well, even said it was a mistake.
That said it's Bethesda so who fucking knows.
>>
>>375698345
man I wish, I'm as white as white bread
>>
>>375696893
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_MSFkZHNi4
>>
>not using that mod that lets you run this shitty guild out of existence
>>
>>375688102
Actually I've recently replayed the oblivion mage's guild. The mission you talked about requires you to cast 4 spells on a pillar, there are 3 of the 4 spells as scrolls in a locked chest in the ruins. You have to either cast or get a scroll for the fourth. You also have to decipher the order to cast them in. It requires a lot more thinking than in skyrim at least.

anything is a lot more than 0
>>
>>375674837
>become the leader if the mage Guild when they only magic you can use is novice shit
>>
>>375692413
because the notion of actions having consequences is too much for millenials to handle
>>
>>375700415
i want a double king game
>>
>>375697206
Yeah really, make npcs immune to dragons/other npcs.
>>
Oblivion thieves guild
>City watch is ransacking the waterfront looking for the thieves guild
>You have to go steal the arch mage's staff and leave a note telling him it'll be returned if the watch is called off
>You return to the waterfront
>The Archmage has summoned a daedra to send a message to the watch captain
>Drop the staff in the cupboard of a higher up in the mages guild
>Lay low for a few days

It had some great stuff
>>
>>375683923
What made me lose interest in E.Y.E was how small the text was.
>>
>>375701551

There is more ways for NPCs to die in Skyrim than the player killing them. The whinging about unkillable NPCs is a little overblown. Most of them are only unkillable until their related quest is complete and then they are no longer set as essential. The ones that are permanently unkillable are usually so because they aren't replaceable and it's not really a position that can be left open, e.g. people earmarked to be Jarls.

This particular complaint does feel a little disingenuous. Almost all RPGs won't let you run around murdering whoever you feel like, even open worlds ones. For example, NPCs are basically unkillable in Dragon's Dogma, when they do die they just respawn, and yet I've never heard anyone complain about all the unkillable NPCs in that game despite there being quite a few you really do want to kill.
>>
>>375702042
>Almost all RPGs won't let you run around murdering whoever you feel like
Did you even play games before 2006?
>>
>>375702370

Yes, I did. Did you?
>>
>>375680159
I loved working with the homeless and the fact that you were actually required to fence X worth of items before continuing with the story. There ARE radiant quests in skyrim but you're never forced to complete them so who the fuck cares? It's a big deal whether you're forced to prove your worth to the guild or not.
>>
>>375674837
If this is the first thing you encountered that made you think "wow, bethesda games treat you like a real special, SPECIAL child, handing out praise for nothing!" you might be closer to the core audience than you think.
>>
>>375678052
Sadly, a theme parks attractions are all better staffed, animated, looke nicer, and are generally more fun.

It is a bad, shoddy, and run down fantasy theme park, but at the same time the best one, since nobody else conducts one.
>>
File: 1493465773805.jpg (308KB, 1279x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1493465773805.jpg
308KB, 1279x1706px
people actually play Bethesda's games?
i thought the only thing they were good for is porn mods
>>
>>375702475
you could literally kill any character in Morrowind
>>
>>375702897
Well, they play them the same way they play minecraft.
They try them out and catch on to the immense possibility the game could hold, only to realize at some point that all the potential fails to become reality because of the lack of creativity in themselves, or in bethesdas case, lack of creativity in the game.
>>
>>375703036

Sure, but the player deliberately killing an NPC was pretty much the only way they could die. In Skyrim an NPC can be killed by a dragon, vampire or thief. Wildlife too for the open cities.

Can you name a single RPG for which an NPC can just randomly die through no fault of the player, excluding bugs, and we were just expected to suck it up and deal with the consequences?
>>
>>375696826
I would feel they finally did something right.
>>
File: 1464247180260.jpg (401KB, 969x824px) Image search: [Google]
1464247180260.jpg
401KB, 969x824px
>>375683139
>>
>>375703409
Gothic 3 off the top of my head
>>
>>375699020
>Germans and Slavs are not white
>>
>>375703727
That's correct
>>
>>375676235
All 6 of them lol
>>
>>375703807
Is that what American education told you?
>>
>>375703863
No my American education told me that all races and cultures are equal and it's important that you respect them no matter what.
>>
>>375703650

That's the best you can come up with? A game almost universally considered to be shit?

All these RPGs that let the player murder NPCs at their leisure, e.g. Ultima, TES, etc., usually didn't have to deal with enemies getting into the areas the NPCs were hanging out in. The player killing them or a specifically scripted event was pretty much the only way it was going to happen. Skyrim isn't like that. They had to make a decision whether quests can be locked out because of "emergent" events or if they just set the NPCs to be unkillable, at least until the relevant quest is completed. I really don't think choosing the later is the terrible sin /v/ makes it out to be.
>>
File: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.png (51KB, 258x229px) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.png
51KB, 258x229px
>>375691532
>mfw markarth
PURGE THE UNCLEAN CITY
>>
>>375683139
love it
>>
>>375704350
Even if you take the more peaceful option, half the city is dead by the end of the quest line, and it unflags the asshole who threw you in jail as essential so he's obviously getting murdered.
>>
>quest to kill emperor as brotherhood in Skyrim
>sneak onto his ship in rather bland style
>kill him
>changes nothing but NPC dialogue

Wow what change in the world.
>>
File: eye_in_two_sentences.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eye_in_two_sentences.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>375704129
Its funny you bring that up. E.Y.E. did a twist on this where they give you an escort mission for an important character, but protect him, let him die, or kill him yourself he's alive in the next mission, only to die minutes into it.

Since E.Y.E. has no quiksave/load feature you can't go back and see the results of you're previous actions so without knowing you did not have a choice you interpret the characters death in three different ways depending on you're previous actions.
>>
>>375704129
>universally considered to be shit
That's bullshit. It may be a bad gothic game, but still a great fucking rpg. The only reason why it was bashed so much is because it had shitload of bugs on release.
>>
>>375705006

No, it's a mediocre RPG that was bashed for being mediocre, riddled with bugs and suffering from horrendous performance problems. It has a much deserved metacritic rating of 60% whereas the other two Gothic games have much more reasonable scores of 80% despite also being fairly buggy and having performance issues.
>>
File: g3_2.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
g3_2.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>375705194
I had no major bugs or performance issues even though I played it on release. Not to mention now you can play with all the patches and community fixes. It has infinitely more depth than casualised shit that is skyrim. If this is mediocre, then skyrim should have 20% rating.
>>
>>375705194
I liked it.
>>
>>375704571
Wow it's almost like the Emperor was from another country or something.
>>
>>375705692
The empire occupies most of Skyrim retard.
The emperor being assassinated would be a big deal.
>>
>>375703617
"Bullshit! Ultra-failed attack!" always fucking gets me.
>>
>>375705560
>I had no major bugs or performance issues even though I played it on release.

Bull-fucking-shit.

It was so bad the publisher actually released the source code to a fangroup for them to fix it because they damn sure weren't going to pay for it themselves. This is pretty much the only time such a thing has ever happened and you are seriously going to claim you had no issues with the game? Fuck off.
>>
>>375705862
It's the army occupying Skyrim on the Emperor's behalf. Just because there's no emperor doesn't mean that the empire doesn't have a government able to continue the war. Wars are fought between countries, not individuals.
>>
>>375690385
It's a mod, m8. The base-game is more suited to your Sharia-tier taste.
>>
>>375706009
The death of the emperor would be a big morale boost for the Stormcloaks and demoralize the Imperials.
>>
>>375705950
I didn't say there were no bugs at all. But there were literally zero game stopping bugs. I had some mobs just floating in the air without animations and shit like that, but that still doesn't make the game unplayable or breaks any quests.
>>
>>375706147
The average legionnaire would probably be more affected by his direct superior dying than some impotent noble bastard. At least that's how it works in reality.
>>
>>375706009
The Emperor is still the Emperor of Skyrim, you absolute fucking retard. Only Stormcloak land wouldn't recognize his authority.
>>
>>375706282
imperial scum detected, Skyrim belongs to the Nords
>>
>>375683139
the story makes sense after 2 games, or you can ignore it and make waves with friends like I did
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.