[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I keep trying to enjoy Zelda titles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 881381.jpg (113KB, 540x324px) Image search: [Google]
881381.jpg
113KB, 540x324px
It takes me a really long time to finish Zelda games. The puzzles are fun, and the style and art is great and all, it's a massively respected series and all, but I play games mostly for the story and the stories in Zelda titles have never really motivated me to keep playing? Same thing with like Mario titles and most platformers.

Am I just stupid or why am I not enjoying these games my whole life like everyone else is?
>>
>>375672675
>I play games mostly for the story
i think you should stop forcing yourself to play vidya when you clearly would enjoy a more story focused media
>>
>>375672675
You should probably stop playing video games and try some other medium like books or movies.
>>
>>375672776
I play lots of shitty games that have shit art, shit combat, shit puzzles - just because the stories are really good in them and people don't realize the stories are actually good.

I can't turn back now I have gaming PC and consoles and shit. I identify with this shit. What do.
>>
>>375672675
nigger just read a book or watch a movie
>>
>>375672982

Name 5 shitty games with good stories.
>>
>>375673171
Drakengard 1,2,3 Nier, Nier automata
>>
>>375672675
Different strokes for different folks. I don't like turn based games so I don't play them. Now please stop making useless threads.
>>
>>375672675
>playing zelda for story
LOOK AT THIS FOOL
>>
>>375673171
There's tons. Lot's of titles get away with awkward combat, un-intuitive UI's, huge bugs (bethesda), puzzles that don't feel fun or rewarding, platforming that is just downright annoying instead of fun, unbalanced enemies (some too easy, some impossibly difficult for no reason)

Games like Mass Effect 1 and the Witcher One are hugely respected titles because of their story and world-building but no one denies the mechanics in these games where shit.

Bethesda titles have great voice acting, world building, and style, real immersive, great stories, but the actual game part the part where you have to overcome a challenge by using a controller those parts fuckin suck. combat sucks, menus suck, bugs everywhere. If it where a mario title where story is non existant it'd be one of the worst mario titles ever

Games made just for the story and world where the actual gaming part is kind of slacked on is huge, OP is not alone. Lot's of games focus on what OP wants, Zelda is not one of them. Zelda is almost entirely game with little story.
>>
>>375673332
>>375673416
No you are right, it is stupid thread.

I thought maybe someone had similar experience and came to like platformers and puzzles games somehow. Like maybe I'm missing something or could get more into it somehow but yea it's a weird thought you are right.

I should probably just stick to story driven games.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.