[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elder Scrolls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: 468px-Map_tamriel.jpg (61KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
468px-Map_tamriel.jpg
61KB, 468x351px
Which ES game is a good place to start?
>>
Skyrim
>>
Morrowind, Oblivion and Scrim are all decent start points.
>>
Daggerfall is the only good Elder Scrolls. Every game since was a step down.
>>
>>375670540
Morrowind is best TES. Daggerfall is best for the original randomly generated shit formula. Oblivion is the most normalfag/casual friendly TES, everything was dumbed down or just straight up turned into shit.
>>
>>375670540
Skyrim is the only one that still looks good by today's standards.
Despite what some nostalgiafags might tell you.
>>
>>375670891
this
>>
>>375671992
>Oblivion is the most normalfag/casual friendly TES
you're retarded if you think that of oblivion but not skyrim
>>
>>375670540
Why is Oblivion called Cyrodiil?
>>
>>375677882
Why is High Rock-Hammerfell called Daggerfall?
>>
>>375671992
Oblivion is so fundamentally broken you basically have to continually drop the difficulty slider if you're not minmaxing since enemies scale faster than you, so I wouldn't call it casual friendly
>>
Hyrule
>>
Azeroth
>>
Morrowind is frustrating and rewarding.
Skyrim is casual and gratifying.
Oblivion is somewhere in the middle, for better or worse.
>>
File: 242352134.png (72KB, 220x224px) Image search: [Google]
242352134.png
72KB, 220x224px
Skyrim. Every pre-Oblivion game has aged poorly and aren't good places to start. Also
>Morrowind combat
>RNG dice rolls in a first person combat system is a "good idea" that people will defend
>>
Camelot
>>
>>375680070
>imblying melee combat actually feels different between Skyrim and Morrowind
>>
>>375674657
I play Morrowind every day still looks pretty good imo. It is at least miles better looking than Oblivion.
>>
>>375680070
>I didn't play the game past 10 minutes
Just go caster you fucking casual, then it becomes quake. Since you don't have the patience to get to level 5 missing occasionally with your shit spec.
>>
>>375680208
The only good looking thing about morrowind is mods.
>>
>>375680649
I can't find any consesus on best graphics mod, can you point me the way sir?
>>
>>375680649
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36945/?
All you need. Too bad the game is too foggy 90% of the time to see shit all 15 feet infront of you.
Installing it was a pain in the dick for me but it's pretty worth it.
>>
>>375681131
Meanwhile what the game looks like most of the time...
>>
>>375681131
Why is everything so fucking green in that screenshot?

I remember that place being very brown and gray, just like most of vvardenfel
>>
>>375681131
don't tell /tesg/
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 056.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 056.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>375681747
probably picked the poop options
>>
>>375681131
Dow this mod affect any other non graphics mods?

I have like 30 mods for gameplay and content and don't want to fuck them up since it took forever to get them just right.
>>
>>375681747
Depends what part of the map I'm in, that part is by far the greenest.
Most of the game is still brown or grey.
>>375681987
It fixes the resolution limitations and runs a patch on the exe, so who really knows what it's capable of breaking. I would say that's normally the mod you install first, but it's a package of other mods that you might already have.
>>
>>375680070
only if you're retarded
>>
Morrowind combat is trash. Dice rolls were made for games where you can't actually swing swords and move around. the rng was made for tile based games.

It basically has a normal real time combat system slapped on top of a dice roll system. it makes no sense to have them together.

Bethesda games get shittier and shittier all the time. scaling enemies stupid bullshit needs to stop, what is the point in growing a character stronger, if your enemies will always be just as strong.
>>
>>375677104
Skyrim didn't throw all the established lore out of the window and replaced it with LOTR shit because it was popular at the time and Todd would get more shekels
>>
>>375670540
I don't know what you're talking about. Skyrim was the first game in the series.
>>
is it bad that i already feel nostalgic about Skyrim?
>>
>>375683930
>Skyrim
>NORDNORDNORDNORDNORDNORDNORD
>>
>>375683725
you can't say Morrowind combat is trash without saying all TES games are trash
dice rolls have little effect on the difference of the 3 gameplays
>>
>>375670540
Valenwood
Give some attention to the bosmer.
But in all honestly, it should be the entire Aldmeri Dominion. You'll have more of a good reason why (x) race is could be there if you cross the sea into Alinor. You'll have many different environments to go through. Many different races and factions.
Etc
>>
>>375670891
edgy
>>
>>375683930
It didn't replace it with lotr but it did throw out a shit ton of lore
>>
>>375670540
Play them in release order.
>>
Morrowind is old and follows old standards. It's a good game but if you have no experience with older RPGs it can be jarring. Enjoy walking everywhere if youignore athletics and while the *MISS* memes are exaggerated it cannget frustrating.
Oblivion combat is just as aggravating as Morrowind's, for different reasons.
The first is the scaling ensures nothing ever changes despite your levels. The second is staggering, you will be staggered by some attacks whether you block or not, which leaves you unable to do anything, and lasts long enough for you to be staggered again. And the final is that bosses are just the same shit as fodder with more health and a weapon enchantment.
Skyrim is casualized so far that you could teach your dog to play it. Despite this, it is an enjoyable and ultimately less frustrating experience.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.