[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: disturbing implications in Kid's vidya

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1493437144610.jpg (20KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1493437144610.jpg
20KB, 340x340px
>in The Sims, if a child sim does poorly in school for long enough, he or she will go to military school FOREVER with no chance of redemption

This always spooked me as a kid, especially since the parent basically forgets the child exists.
>>
my parents were so fucking autistic and had no idea how to raise kids and almost did this to my brother

>learning disabilities his whole
>clearly behind socially as well
>some for of dyslexia couldn't spell for shit
Sent him to like 2 psychiatrists and then just gave up and started looking for boarding schools. Like a 10 year old kid can just un-autist himself
>>
>>375670759
Sounds like my parents. They were in denial.
>>
>>375670759
I don't like it when people complain about how everything you're taught in high school is useless but I can't help but feel like we're misallocating resources by teaching trigonometry and not basic psychology. They should really try to shove at least a crash course into the sex education / drugs classes.
>>
>>375671159
>We need sex ed and DARE because Stacey McFuckwit can't take a night off from partying to speak with her child about the personal responsibility she knows nothing about

Really activates the neural network
>>
>>375671415
Unfortunately, yes. We need programs like these because people are stupid and lazy. It's not fair to the kids of stupid people to just let them suffer.
>>
>>375671159

I will NEVER EVER need to find the root of a triangle or what the fuck ever, they should be teaching taxes/how to move out/social skills etc.
>>
>>375670525

It's a very 1950s thing to do. Reality is military school needs good grades and very good school performance to enter.
>>
File: 14853008713184.png (135KB, 436x425px) Image search: [Google]
14853008713184.png
135KB, 436x425px
>>375670525
>the sims 3
>sim is lonely
>works all day, watches tv and sleeps in free time
>longingly stares out window without being commanded whenever people outside walk nearby
>randomly sobs into his hands
>>
>>375671415
Yeah, what that other anon said. The reason we have public schools is so that all newly born children will have equal opportunities to succeed in life. Without it, the general society will be fucking retarded.
>>
>>375672779
>so that all newly born children will have equal opportunities to succeed in life

If that were true then schools wouldn't be zoned.
>>
>>375672313
Should've gone with the "loner" trait.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.