[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I stick with Fighter the entire time will I be weak? None

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: dragons_dogma.jpg (31KB, 460x215px)
dragons_dogma.jpg
31KB, 460x215px
If I stick with Fighter the entire time will I be weak? None of the advanced vocations interest me
>>
>>375648640
You should be fine, but it would idea to put some time in classes like Ranger for extra stamina or Warrior for strength. It's really up to you, but if you feel you're lacking in any stats leveling up as another class can help out. It's best to do that before level 100 if I remember.
>>
>>375648640
sticking to one class the entire game is always fine
fighter can get some heavy hitting moves on the final vocation ranks

its the dlc that starts fucking with you if you dont have the necessary passives from assassin ect.
>>
>>375648640
You will have more MGK resist, so spells will do more damage. You can make up for a lot of that with good armor and perfect blocks, though. So as long as you have your timing down you won't be weak at all. Definitely more versatile than MK im my opinion.
>>
>>375648640
Just spam dragon's maw.
>>
>>375649091
>its the dlc that starts fucking with you if you dont have the necessary passives from assassin ect
I never had trouble with the dlc. I remember starting it at level 60 or something. It was challenging but never impossible
>>
>>375649232
This.
Just spin2win.
>>
I want to play DD but I only have it on PS3 and it always sucked trying to optimize character stats. Oh well
>>
Don't listen to anyone telling you that stats matter. All of your damage output and defense capabilities come from your equipment. Seriously, if you don't believe me go and look at the tables. Sticking to one class will only lose you out on maybe 200 points of damage if you decide to go with another class way late game, and the skills you can get from switching to another class for a short while more than make up for any actual levels invested into them. Just increase the rank of vocations that have abilities that will benefit you most and then stick to your favorite class.
>>
File: Arc of Deliverance.webm (2MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
Arc of Deliverance.webm
2MB, 1067x600px
the only class that suffers is Warrior because you get half the skills of any other basic class and the MC only vocations get even more weapon skills to play with.

other than that the only thing you miss is the passives from other classes that can be pretty helpful
>>
>>375649375
You don't hae too, since consumables and gears can carry your lack of stats and/or skills.
>>
As long as you balance it out with pawns that complement your strengths you should be just fine.
>>
I'm going to do my first playthrough once the game finishes downloading and I'm curious which class is the most fun to play. I don't have preferences over melee, ranged, magic, whatever, I'm just curious which play style is the best one/most satisfying to play in DD.
>>
>>375648640
Yeah Fighter's good. There's an augment that reduces stamina costs for skills you'll want to pick up though. Fighter can be hella fun, one of the best classes to feel like you just outskill people
>>
>>375650863
IMO it's probably strider or fighter. Strider has a shit load of mobility and a lot of different neat attacks, really roguish. Fighter on the other hand is tanky and good at controlling while having respectable damage
>>
>>375649762

Consumables can get pretty heavy though, especially if you plan for a lot of different afflictions that can be readily healed from a mage and sorc.

Mages are generally go to for it, but sometimes a Sorceror with voidspell can be a real life saver, especially against something like a Cockatrice.
>>
>>375651757
strider sounds like fun. is it a class offered upfront or do i have to spec something else first to unlock it?
>>
I started the game as strider, then switched to mystic knight, and then to warrior. I think I liked strider the most but warrior is satisfying as fuck to hit things with

Maybe I'll try assassin next, after getting the physical damage passive skill from warrior
>>
>>375648640
Pretty much ANY class works if you bother to learn its basics. Of course some classes will be "superior" compared to others but just pick what looks like fun and go with it. Although, in Bloodborne Isle 2: Electric Boogaloo, you may be forced to use other classes. That said, all classes could be fun to play as, I suggest trying them out.
>>
>>375648640
should play some yellow faggot classes for a couple decent augments other than go for it
>>
>>375648640
Nope. But why would you deny yourself the pleasure of shooting 10 arrows per second into a boss' face?
>>
>>375652413
Yeah it's one of the 3 basic classes
>>
>>375648640
I played most of the game as an Assassin which has the lowest magic stat growth and I was still able to create a Magick Archer that could desamate BBI, so I wouldn't worry too much about underleveling magic or defense or anything.
Augments, however, can be invaluable, so I'd play other classes just to get those (for instance, Warrior has some that would be perfect for a Fighter).
>>
>>375648640
I finished the game as a fighter and my character had the biggest build possible, and boy oh boy the last boss was a pain in the ass because of it. I had to keep jumping and climbing that piece of shit dragon and because my character was huge my stamina kept draining and I could barely do decent damage to the cunt.

This shit asides, fighter is a fine class.
>>
whats some good passives for warriro
already got a stamina upgrade from one of the bow jobs but not sure what else i should aim for
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.