[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you tell me why you dont like dota 2 without saying >rts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 509
Thread images: 75

File: image.jpg (22KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 460x215px
can you tell me why you dont like dota 2 without saying

>rts
or
>farming
or
>esports
>>
>>324005104
It's not fun.
>>
>>324005104
Played it for 6 hours and if just wasn't fun. I tried a few different heroes, tried playing with friends and strangers, it always felt the same. I still have no idea how people can spend over 2000 hours playing this.
>>
>>324005104
But I like it.
>>
I like Dota 2.
What I don't like it being an esport. It ruins the game. I just want to play a game where 5 heroes fight 5 heroes. Instead I get 9 people trying to become the next Dendi by looking up guides and ricing to get the perfect GPM or some shit.
I miss when people would just jump in the game and play the best they can without spending 500 hours reading guides and simply copying what pro players do.
I miss when you'd play at a LAN party and every player would have their secret strategy or some kind of knowledge that they'd keep to themselves.
All this min maxing and guide reading is making me sick. Multiplayer gaming is dead because of this.
>>
Look, I've put in plenty of time to DOTA 2, but there's a lot to dislike.

The game requires too much teamwork to enjoy by yourself. And if you play with friends, prepare to become unfriends. 40ish minute matches are excessive when you're winning and crucifying when you're losing. I also find myself tunnel visioning on the minimap too much.
>>
>>324005104
I can't click for shit. I'm not gud enough.
It's entertaining to watch high level play though.
>>
>>324005207
there's a big time investment involved in learning everything. i played wc3 dota for the longest time and was trying to get him to play dota 2. it took like weeks, but it finally got to the point where everything just clicked for him and he has more play time in it than me now. All it took was me guiding and encouraging him.
>>
>>324005398
On aus server at least people try out new builds all the time.

Like last night I saw a core Shadow Demon. It was actually alright.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 384x384px
>>324005697
oops him is my cousin
>>
FUCKING PERUVIANS, PINOYS, AND RUSSIANS GET OFF MY FUCKING SERVERS
>>
>>324005104
too fucking slow
shit artstyle
I played too much dota1 and nothing changed
>>
>>324005104
nobody wants to play support yet expects them to exist and buy wards all game
>>
>>324005816
The map, some abilities and hell some heroes have changed over the years. Plus, the addition of new items.
>>
>>324005104

its some of the most fun i've ever had in games when playing with friends

some of the least fun i've ever had in games when playing solo

i have nearly 2000 hours in this shit, only play a couple of matches a week with friends now
>>
>>324005398
guides i think lower the skill ceiling and remove experimentation and understanding of the mechanics. i think they're a useful addition, but i still want people to learn to play the game, not click things because other people say so
>>
>>324005104
it's a video game.
>>
>>324005865
I know the abilities changed, I'm actually old enough to have played a version where chronosphere had fuckall for CD and affected only enemies (hope it's not still the case, or god fucking help you)

It's just that the gameplay feel limited after a while, so the only thing left to enjoy is content, and hots and lol shit it at a faster pace
>>
>>324005104
its like league of legends, except bad and not fun
>>
the community.

also its very hard to enjoy playing when your friends dont play either.

use to actively play it daily but stopped when MGSV came out.
>>
No-one appreciates me when I support ;_;
>>
queuing with randoms is really

random

the game itself is fine, although some days i prefer something more fast-paced
>>
>>324005104
I played that shit for months, I don't hate the game but there's ton of better games to play instead of this.
>>
>>324005806
i am pinoy, the sorry i want commit suicade to all of my peaple please stacify
>>
>>324006054

>dota is slow

i dont get it, did you just in your lane and ignore your teammates/ enemies? you know you can but a tp scroll and teleport and stuff?
>>
Remember when people hated the word "fun" because it's a buzzword?
>>
>>324005398
SO MUCH THIS
>playing Warcraft 3 DotA at LANs or online
>no one knows much about the game, current 2000 MMR players would pubstomp back then
>wards, stacking, pulling, backdoors and pre 0:00 Roshan are things unknown to 99% of the playerbase
>playing with my IRL friends and trying weird hero combinations or strategies
>having a lot of fun

Now it's all about the FotM heroes, the new MLG strategies used in the most recent International, the most effective way to play a hero is the only one allowed and everyone tryhards because DotA 2 is marketed as a competitive game. Fuck this. I stopped playing about a year ago and I'm probably never coming back.
>>
>>324005930
Your probably right, everyone is coming over from League expecting to be 3k mmr by next week but that's not how it works, they just buy shadow blade because they misread invisibility as "Invincibility" then they get merc'd by Slardar

Of course most pub players don't realize the game changes completely when you switch to ranked games, as long as you have a competent, English speaking team

I play LoL and Dota and just switch when I feel like i'm burning out and I also don't only play ASSFAGGOTs all day long, thats a good way to waste 12 hours of your life getting angry at peev'd pedros and cyka blyat idi nahui
>>
>>324005398
>What I don't like it being an esport. It ruins the game. I just want to play a game where 5 heroes fight 5 heroes. Instead I get 9 people trying to become the next Dendi by looking up guides and ricing to get the perfect GPM or some shit.

You can mute everyone at the start of every game. It's sad though, before they added Ranked people would clown around and have more fun. It feels like the fanbase has been steadily getting more cancerous and obsessed with winning ever since. I remember a game where we were winning handily with like two lanes of rax down on the enemy side and our dumbass BH bought a rapier and fed it by accident. No one flamed him any harsher than "I told you not to buy that fucking rapier". Can you imagine that now with Dota's modern community of autistic brats who think they're the next Sumail? Sumail, who is basically the emblem of Dota cancer with quotes like "Dota is not for noobs".

Valve needs to start slapping the shit out of pros when they promote cancerous behavior and elitism, and they need to start being a lot harsher with punishments for being a little shit in-game. Why let some shitty sand nigger hurt your bottom line by encouraging the kids who play your game to be bigger assholes? Riot may take it too far with banning cursing and such but they have the right idea for punishing unsportsmanlike behavior like saying "EZ" at the end of a match.
>>
I can't play this game because the fucking pinoys and singaporeons are ruining my SEA matches, so I'm having more fun griefing in this game.
>pick Io
>tether and relocate my third world country teammates into the enemy fountain
>type in all chat: "XD Sorry"
Had far more fun doing this than trying to tell my core to get a BKB which of course he doesn't because he's too busy getting a fucking Radiance as a first major item.
>>
>>324006297
>>324005398
Shoutouts to idiots who don't want to get good at a game and want others to be just as bad as them
>>
File: k4lkm5jswojsjdxfyu1g.png (252KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
k4lkm5jswojsjdxfyu1g.png
252KB, 620x413px
this game is so shit
>>
>>324005104
It's not good.
>>
>>324006359

>getting bkb as a first item on a carry
>ever

shiggy diggy doo, the retard is you
>>
>>324005104
Because I suck at it
>>
File: 1451290834084.jpg (352KB, 752x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1451290834084.jpg
352KB, 752x1100px
Competetive mentality creates a hostile environment.

Required time investment is huge.

Makes my personal leisure time depend on the cooperation of other people, usually doesn't work out.
>>
>>324006406
it's unfortunately that'll never happen. Unranked is practice for ranked. Hopefully dota 2 mod maps will fill in the void that those 2 anons want
>>
>>324005104
rts and farming and esports
>>
>>324005398
It really seems like people don't GET video games. They treat video games as a sport for fat lazy people.
It's not about fun. It's a sport for the lazy.
Just look at Space Station 13. The concept is simple. You are a guy working on a space station. Just do your job and if shit goes down you need to survive. That's easy, how can people mess this up? These assholes start every round by hoarding everything and building stun gloves. They set up flashers in the brig. Miners will just take their C4 (or whatever, depending on server) and instead of mining they will keep it so they can kill someone later.
Gaming is a mess.
>>
File: 1452741012191.png (786KB, 875x804px) Image search: [Google]
1452741012191.png
786KB, 875x804px
>>324005206
>>324005207
>>324005924
>>324006023
>>324006297
>>324006359

there's that buzzword again
>>
>>324006359
Valve should definitely perma-ban you. My only consolation is that you are probably extremely bad and I wouldn't get matched with you anyway. Radiance as a first item isn't even bad on many carries if they get it fast enough.
>>
>>324006329

I miss playing Tribes, TFC, Quake II...people always said GG.
>>
File: 1446893560611.jpg (88KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1446893560611.jpg
88KB, 960x955px
The fact that one person can hold 9 other peoples enjoyment of the game hostage.
>>
>>324006509
Oh yeah, you're right, a Radiance sure has a higher priority on a Bloodseeker, fuck off idiot. You probably instalock into braindead heroes like Juggernaut and max Blade Fury, lmao.
>>
File: tips fedota.png (325KB, 604x564px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedota.png
325KB, 604x564px
Its terrifyingly autistic community
>>
>>324006629
I had to stop playing Vermintide because of this. Some little shitlicker every round screaming for everyone to follow his memorized guide to bugged locations that are easily defended because of the rats pathfinding. HOW ABOUT YOU PLAY THE FUCKING GAME AND HAVE FUN YOU LITTLE FUCKING SHIT!?
>>
>>324006574
u fink u fuckin funny huh bradley
>>
>>324006698
You are a prime example of the toxicity of the Dota community
>>
>people actually play Dota 2 unironically
AhahahHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>324006698

how the fuck am i supposed to guess which hero youre talking about faggot? also bkb first is dogshit 99% of the time when playing a carry
>>
>>324006806
Do people play it ironically?
>>
>>324006406
That's retarded, retard. I have an MMR of 3900. I can only play against other people with the same MMR. It's not like I am playing against people with 5000 MMR who are better than me. I am playing against people with MMR of 3900 who are copying something a pro player did.
They are playing super seriously and doing shit they could never figure out on their own. That's why they are on the same level as me who never takes the game seriously and just wants to have fun.
>>
>>324006698
Why do you fucking care? Why can't you just play a game on the internet without ruining it for other people because they didn't follow your preferred item build? Why hasn't Valve smote you with 50 games of low priority?

The ironic thing is that your mentality is TOTAL SHIT for improving as a player. A real pro would say "haha look at this idiot building dumb crap, well this is quite the challenge to win the game even with such bad teammates" and still do his best to win.
>>
MOBAs, as a genre, are inherently skewed against playing on your own. They require too much teamwork in comparison to what can be expected from a team of 5 strangers who most likely don't all utilize the in-game VOIP.

This means that the genre could be called "5 man stack or go home".
>>
>>324005104
I don't like RTS or farming or esports. I played it for like an hour and it was the stupidest bullshit ever. Forced tutorial in a multiplayer game? I can't just jump into an online? Why. And you can't move with the arrow keys or WASD you have to CLICK on the floor? You have to unlock things in a multiplayer? Fucking bullshit. Give me real gameplay. What's worse is that this piece of shit excuse of a game is actually making Valve money to the point where they no longer care about Half Life 3. Fuck dota.
>>
>>324006847
yeah there are enough league players in existence that at least 1 ironically joins dota matches to intentionally feed
>>
>>324006976

>You have to unlock things in a multiplayer?

confirmed for never playing it

>What's worse is that this piece of shit excuse of a game is actually making Valve money to the point where they no longer care about Half Life 3

yeah im sure thats the reason

kill yourself retard
>>
>>324006976
> Forced tutorial in a multiplayer game? I can't just jump into an online? Why. And you can't move with the arrow keys or WASD you have to CLICK on the floor?

Ugh, you're a retard.

>You have to unlock things in a multiplayer?

If there is anything you have to unlock in Dota you can do it after like 5 matches. There is no grinding to unlock stuff like in LoL.
>>
File: 1450192866273.jpg (328KB, 1142x863px) Image search: [Google]
1450192866273.jpg
328KB, 1142x863px
The moment I played a game that rewarded me for my mechanical skill I immediately dropped DOTA.

It was a mix of Street Fighter and Counter Strike, suddenly the game wasn't saddling me with an immense weight, my victories were MY VICTORIES, and my losses were of nobodies fault but my own.

mobas suck.
>>
>>324007059
I'm pretty sure it's a troll, but I think he referred to farming money and buying things within a match.
>>
File: 93285385.png (111KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
93285385.png
111KB, 417x234px
>>324006740
Does playing the game automatically put me in the "community" with them

I didn't even join the Steam group for Dota 2
>>
>>324006980
>if someone is shit I blame my boogeyman.

Nice coping mechanism.
>>
File: 1386337443852.jpg (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1386337443852.jpg
178KB, 500x500px
>>324005104
simplicity makes a game mediocre.
complexity makes a game fun.
overcomplexity makes a game unfun.
>>
>>324007140

did you read that in the LoL subreddit?
>>
>>324006742
What level were you that you had those shit eaters playing with you, Im lvl 15 scum that just plays Kruber and meatshields for the actually good players

I don't know any maps besides the Horn of Magnus and the Sewer Run map
>>
>>324007132
just saying that atleast one person plays the game ironically

where did i say it was happening in my matches?
>>
>>324006742
Just like Left 4 Dead.
>ripped off the game
>ripped off the fanbase too
Nice
>>
>>324006976
>tripfag being retarded
welp, totally didnt see that one coming
>>
>>324005992
>It's just that the gameplay feel limited after a while, so the only thing left to enjoy is content, and hots and lol shit it at a faster pace

HotS and LoL gameplay is barely similar to Dota. Those games are basically button mashers with an RTS control scheme. Dota requires some small amount of intelligence.
>>
DotA 2 is pretty much controlled by reddit now
I still play it just because I spend like 6 years now playing this game
>>
>>324007441

Is this some kind of inferiority complex?
Claiming it's "smarter"?

They're all the fucking same mechanically.
>>
>>324005104
Fuck MOBAs.
Fuck them.
>>
>>324005398
This...this..THIS FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Although it's inevitable with any competitive game, Dota 2 is seriously the worse when it comes to this. The more people play, the more cemented the meta becomes.

People are huge faggots about the meta too; i.e. people used to go Lich MID in Dota 1 because that hero literally rapes any lane he's in, especially a 1v1. Try doing that nowadays and some faggot will throw the game.

The worst thing of all is when people copy how pros build, but care jack shit about how they play. People mistake mechanical skill (last hitting, pulling, stacking, etc) with actual skill. Guy pulls lane 0:45 seconds into the game. Doesn't even know the purpose of pulling.
>>
>>324005104
valve is fucking retarded and ruined the game
>>
>>324007502
No, not even close. Try actually playing them and comparing. Dota feels completely different and is designed with completely different goals on almost every level. They are in the same genre, that's about as close as similarities go. You might as well say Street Fighter has the same gameplay as Smash Bros.
>>
>>324007441
>HotS and LoL gameplay is barely similar to Dota
that fedora bullshit again, i'm sorry bit I've played them all and there's nothing special about your assfaggot
>>
File: youmustbe18.png (11KB, 1280x89px) Image search: [Google]
youmustbe18.png
11KB, 1280x89px
>>324007059
>>324007063
>>324007362
>>
>>324007656
this
>>
>>324007660
Then you're really fucking dumb and basically a human pig. You didn't notice that if you try button mashing in Dota you actually run out of mana? Or that most of the items have abilities? Go suck down your HotS slop, retard.
>>
>>324007778
>What ? You doesnt worship my one-unit RTS above the other ?
>You're a human pig
Here we see the fedotard in his natural habitat, the shilling thread
>>
File: 1452720011705.jpg (43KB, 474x423px) Image search: [Google]
1452720011705.jpg
43KB, 474x423px
The worst thing about Dota 2 is the way the community generally likes to ride the dicks of "pro" players. No one really has their own play style anymore.

At a certain point you end up playing with the same "type" of the people every fucking game.
>>
I never got into dota on battlenet. Footman Frenzy and Line Tower Wars were 1000 times more interesting to me. A friend with 3k+ hours of dota 2 tried to get me into it recently, but the only way I could see it being fun is if you fuck with the tryhards. I'd rather play RM age of mythology or frozen throne.
>>
>>324005104
Why do people always make such retarded threads? Say for example you hate EU IV because you generally dislike grand strategy games, and then some faggot on /v/ makes a thread asking you why you don't like EU IV. But you can't say you dislike it for its genre. That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>324005104
Russia
>>
>That guy who gets butthurt because he fed like a moron
>Blames the team for it for not doing god knows what to stop him from being retarded
>Then says "I meant to feed" and deliberately feeds for the rest of the game

Every time that happens it makes me have to take a break for a few days.
>>
>>324005398

This is basically exactly right. Multiplayer is dead as fuck becase everyone wants to be the next esports Twitch streamer faggot.

If you try and even deviate slightly from the meta item build for your character in DotA you get some retard who has spent all game feeding dinging you sand typing "OMG THIS NOOB" into all chat.

This does mean, however, that I can have tons of fun building Shadow Blade on Riki and watching people lose their shit. Works every time.
>>
>>324005398
This is actually the main reason why most original dota1 player dont bother with d2

Completely different games
>>
File: dusgpunsh.jpg (122KB, 1032x556px) Image search: [Google]
dusgpunsh.jpg
122KB, 1032x556px
>>324008335
>smoke on Riki
>stealing invis rune on Riki
>dont put a single point in Perma-invis on Riki

I'm pretty sure this gives those autismos heart attacks from sperging so hard
>>
>>324008335
>Twitch streamer faggot.
It's funny how much this stuff really effects gaming. All these faggots on /v/ are telling you to ignore streamers and let's players, that they are irrelevant. In reality they define how online games are played.
Just today I played DayZ to see if there's any progress on the game. Instead of meeting people pro-player wannabees I met creepy friendly people with British accents who go ''oi, are ye fwiendly? me and me mates have been gowing souwth, cawe to join us?''. These guys are either streamers or they are copying streamers.
>>
>>324005104
It's a meme game.
>>
How Valve doesn't let people queue for Casual games for people who don't wanna tryhard?

Why doesn't Valve crackdown on South Americans and Russian who inexplicably queue on American servers?
>>
The community is fucking terrible. Its filled with tryhards which wouldn't be so bad if people knew how to play properly.

People learn the basic strats like 2-1-2 and dont bother learning anything else because they think they're hot shit so every game you play is the same shit with slightly different heroes.
>>
>>324008807
Scum tryhards will que for casuals just because they think they have an edge over "noob casuls"

Its inexcusable theat English players are getting ruskies and pinoys ruining the game, they hate each other as much as they hate everyone else
>>
>>324008965

doesnt help that the russian servers are in fucking stockholm instead of russia
>>
>>324005104
Clicking on shit from a top-down camera sucks.
>>
>>324009016

I'm pretty sure Stockholm is closer to them then the servers in US East so i don't know what they are doing there.
>>
>>324008562

I had a game where I put no points into invis and built a Silver Edge on pre-nerf Riki and proceeded to absolutely wreck shit. We lost in the end and my team blamed the loss entirely on me, despite the fact that I'd played pretty well and they were all shit and spent half the game stood still in the fountain arguing.

I enjoy these games the most.
>>
>>324009079

It takes getting used too for sure if you aren't used to games like that.
>>
>>324006865
No way you are playing at 3900 MMR without taking the game seriously
>>
>>324008630

This is the thing, it's easy for us to ignore them, the problem is that the vast majority of people who play online games these days lap this shit up. It feels to me as if a large percentage of people who play video games now do it because their friends showed them some "hilarious" Twitch or Youtube channel where they fuck around in GTA Online etc. and gaming is now the new medium for people to attempt to be internet comedians. Half of them don't even care that they're not being watched, as long as they get to type "kappa" at people all day long.

Don't get me wrong, I love to fuck about in games and try and do weird shit the developers didn't intend but I also don't broadcast my unfunny self to the world in an attempt to get tons of free money.
>>
>>324009204
not him but 3900 MMR isn't that high. I got to 3.7k without trying.
>>
>>324005104
back when it was in WC3 it was still fun
but now the game has become too stressful
as the meta is very prevalent even in unranked games and its not that fun to play that much anymore

I loved when I used to pick Crystal maiden and call mid and people are ok with it

I play league alot more than dota 2 nowadays since its less stressful
>>
>>324009478

really? people are even more autismal about metapicks in that game. you can actually get banned if you pick outside of the meta
>>
>>324009204
I got placed in 3700 mmr my first 10 games in dota 2

you know those 10 games that its trying to figure where to put you and after that I never played it again and just did it out of curiosity

I was forced to play heroes I did not like that much in those games and it wasn't that fun

I'm the type who enjoys randoming in all pick and trying to stomp hard with whatever I get
>>
File: 1452810444867.jpg (54KB, 600x495px) Image search: [Google]
1452810444867.jpg
54KB, 600x495px
Hey guys. Can someone help me with this?

Is decision making something you can get better at?
I've been playing Dota for about 1 1/2 year now, and I'm doing okay with last hitting, I understand the hero's and can win against hard/unfair bots. Still, I can't fucking win games in my shit tier trench.
Seeing my replays, I understand I make a lot of bad decisions in a match, which is really obvious when you can see both sides of the game, but less obvious when I can only see my own.
What do I practice to improve this?
>>
>>324009635
only in ranked(which i never play) but in normal games its pretty chill actually (although you have to spam pick your hero like a madman and call what lane you want which people get mad but are fine with it)(its like an unwritten rule in league)
>>
>>324009715
obviously by just playing
>>
>>324009204
3900 is not that high. I've been playing since 2012 so I have enough knowledge to be competent at the game.
The only ''serious'' thing I do while playing is I try to follow the entire stupid meta-gaming thing of core/carry/support/ward-bitch thing. If someone goes safelane and I pick Rubick I will play ball and support them even though that's not how I want to play the game.
I focus more on fighting people and surprising them with unexpected builds than following guides and doing stupid shit like pulling, stacking, blocking camps etc. That shit can fuck right off.
Fun for me is getting a fast level 6 with Rubick and then going around the map killing everything with the OP ult.
>>
>>324009478
Seriously, I remember I used to pick CM with deso (outside of TDA) and just had fun. Now I want to just play a regular game and have a good time, I get flamed for doing 1 wrong thing the entire game even in non-ranked games.
>>
>>324009715
Play more
Watching replays helps speeding up the process
>>
Custom games>Dota2
>>
>>324009715

whats your replays i guess and see where you fucked up

4k is reachable for anyone
>>
Terrible community.
Non-enforced regions.

That's all and that's all it needs to become not fun.
>>
>>324009927
I remember times when I would pick SK mid and just max out sand storm and be an annoying little shit

I buy wards to counter theirs in lane so I can keep invisible and just use stun to dive into the tower for safety when dust ganks come in
>>
>>324010163
That's why you find a group of people to 5-man ranked or scrim
>>
Never played it or any game like it.
>>
>>324010171

sk is fucking retarded now with aether lens and aghs. stun outranges fucking blink dagger
>>
>>324010218
Not that easy really.
I knew a couple of guys who played, but 3 of those were worse than I am and it was a pain in the ass to organise games with them regularely. And one guy was better (because DotA is literally all he plays) and he just turned into the most arrogant asshole when playing.
>>
>>324010372
Yeah, you'll probably have to switch groups a bunch of times or construct your own, but that's just the only real way to play team-games as complex as this one
>>
>>324008562
There' something about spurdo tuskarde that just forces me to laugh. Maybe it's just me trying to read the broken english with his voice
>>
>>324010482
Nah, I moved on to an RTS where people meet each evening to play games.
You can show up any evening you want, unannouced and people will be there and you don't need to force youself if you don't want to play so the group doesn't fall apart.
>>
>>324005104
>ctrl+f: russians
>1/1
AMERICUNTS AND BALTS
I DISSAPOINT
>>
>>324005398
I also miss when you had to learn how to deal with the so called "op" heroes or pubstompers. Now you just create a reddit thread and that hero gets be nerfed to the fucking ground in the next patch
>>
>>324010808
i miss spirit breaker bash

shit was amazing lucky if i get one bash in a teamfight
>>
File: ASSFAGGOT posters.jpg (439KB, 995x902px) Image search: [Google]
ASSFAGGOT posters.jpg
439KB, 995x902px
>ITT
>>
>>324010974
I like how none of those actually describe any of the people complaining here
>>
>>324010974
This actually does sum up about 90% of the arguments made in these threads
>>
>>324010351
It's so damned fun too.
>>
>>324010974
But anon, i call it ASSFAGGOTS here or ARTS elsewhere, and i play fuck tons of dota, played a pretty high amount of lol, and played smite during the closed beta, but it sucked. I also played AoS and SotIS
>>
>>324011224
BAIT. either you didn't read the thread or are just baiting with samefagging
>>
File: H4sDC4R.jpg (278KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
H4sDC4R.jpg
278KB, 900x1200px
It's just a game I don't enjoy. You're welcome to play it if you want OP. I'll play my games and you play yours. If you want to catch up and watch a movie sometime call me.
>>
>>324011185
Maybe not in this thread, but it's pretty accurate generally.
>>
>>324011438
Anon I've been in hundreds of these threads over the last 5 years
>>
>>324011482
The first one is just a memer
second and third are just buttmad RTS players
>>
>>324011545
>>324011482
most of the people are complaining here how esports has made the game more of a sport now instead of a game

I don't want to be taken seriously I just want to play games
>>
>>324005104
Games that are mostly decided within the first 2 phases, drag on for 1 hour. Its a fucking time waster, you play 10 minutes and then you get fucked in the ass for 30 minutes or just easily defeat them but still have to fight for 30 minutes.
By just someone picking NP or arc warden the game instantly becomes 60 minute waste of time.
>>
>>324005398
I think that has more to do with your skill bracket than anything else.
>>
>>324011759
Yes, this thread is surprisingly decent, there's only relatively few full-on shitposters compared to the usual amount
>>
>>324011775

it was way worse when techies was strong
>>
File: 1443657688872.png (28KB, 146x160px) Image search: [Google]
1443657688872.png
28KB, 146x160px
Honestly its not fun since you rely on idiot team mates a whole lot, i didn't always have a group of 4 others for premade to play with.

Haven't played since middle of 2014 .
>>
>>324011905
I honestly thought techies was amazing and gonna be exciting when it was finally brought over to Dota2

I was suprised by how much hate techies garnered after that

people were so mad about about his unique playstyle

just shows how much Esports and meta reliance has ruined the game
>>
File: 1442182305053.jpg (80KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1442182305053.jpg
80KB, 900x702px
>>324005207
>tfw 2k hours clocked and want to erase the time from steam library.
>>
>>324009710
Look, to even play ranked mode, you have to play like one hundred matches of the unranked one, its impossible you played only 10 games

Your mmr in ranked considers the hidden mmr in unraked for first time calibration, it affects it way more than those 10 games you played

That being said, fisrt time calibration at 3700 is great, kudos to you
>>
>>324012068

made playing support the least fun thing ever. especially in soloq where you were usually solo support.
>>
>>324011185
From the looks of it there's also a lot of former players in this thread, many of which don't hate the game (and even remember it fondly), but found more enjoyable games to spend their time with.
>>
>>324012156
Like I said meta reliance

they could've changed their playstyle where walking to lanes and going through bomb infested areas wasn't a problem

which is giood since playing support is boring as fuck just be something else that doesn't need to roam that much and place a ward neraby to stop ganks and can see rune on one side
>>
File: 1452024796319.jpg (52KB, 629x389px) Image search: [Google]
1452024796319.jpg
52KB, 629x389px
Dota is a lot of fun if you don't treat it like it's your major achievement in life.
You can just ignore shitty teammates, and have fun going full retard in matches. It's also a lot of fun to become really good at it, without worrying about winning or losing.
It's a simple matter of people taking a videogame too serious.
>>
>>324012350
No, you are retarded
Playing against techies as solo support is ass no matter what you do and that has nothing to do with the meta, just the way the hero works.
>>
File: 1452351651553.png (24KB, 500x106px) Image search: [Google]
1452351651553.png
24KB, 500x106px
>>324005104

>the only time you can start getting into the meat of Dota 2 is after you've literally played 1000+ hours (yes the average Dota 2 player will laugh heartidly at your meagre 300 hours)

>you need to know all the hero compositions, their strengths and weaknesses, their attack frames, item combos. You will simply lose if you don't have the entire game's knowledge base absorbed

>The player base is actually the worst of the worst, Screechers over Mic, TryHard Neckbears, Russians, French and Brazillians ruining every game. Memers, HHARDCORE GAMURRS, Bronies...

Baby, Dota 2 has every shit fandom you can think of packed into one high-stress high-learning enviroment that requires pin-point teamwork to be successfull

Dota 2 is a Niche, league is a Niche. these games will probably not grow any bigger. but instead compete for each-other's fanbases
>>
>>324006631
Did he say fun was a buzzword?
>>
>>324012490
the fuck it was no problem for me? even when playing support

I only limited the area I needed to walk and jusst made sure I had sentry wards on places I did walk through

I was also not an idiot that walked in areas where bombs would be placed like up hill or in places obstructed by trees

the only problem I had is having the same mind set for my team who would constantly walk face first into those areas and die
>>
File: dolphin_sponge.jpg (26KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin_sponge.jpg
26KB, 374x374px
>>324005104
Fuck off to reddit.
Fuck off to /vg/.
Fuck off to Facebook.

The only acceptable multiplay genre in [the current year] is Fightan.

Your casual assfaggots shit doesn't belong here, it's like making a thread for Candy Crush.
>>
>>324012858

>FGC not the biggest normie gathering ever

it's literally frat bros playing video games fuck off retard
>>
>>324012858
Candy Crush is a good game though
>>
>>324012858
>doto
>casual
>>
>>324005104
it's because i want to get into mobas but the big name PC ones are too scary with their big fanbases and bajillion heroes with complex builds and strategies and 40 minute matches

so instead i play a fairly new one on mobile that has 20 minute matches and i still suck at it
>>
>>324005104
the patch is dogshit icefrog killed the game with the retarded map changes.
>>
File: 1348086835335.png (304KB, 635x354px) Image search: [Google]
1348086835335.png
304KB, 635x354px
>>324005104
I wouldn't use any of those words to describe it, what's the point of this thread?
>>
>>324012760
You played again shit techies, good job.
Again the hero being a bitch to play against has nothing to do with the meta, it's just that the hero is annoying to play against so people don't like having him on their team or against them.
>>
>>324012991
Do you have any people to play with? You'll learn it much faster if you get a group going.
Don't waste your time playing a mobile shit game, take your time investing into a proper one like dota and youll be glad you did.
>>
>>324005104
Valve.
>>
>>324005104
it's not even an rts.
and I don't like the community
>>
File: Capture.jpg (14KB, 253x113px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
14KB, 253x113px
>>324005104
I don't like dota because I realized I was spending too much time on it without having fun most of the times. 45 min for a match is too long, specially considering you're not doing anything interesting for more than half this time. Doing some crazy plays and winning a tf is fun, but it happens to scarcely to be worth.
After playing 2k hours I decided I should spend my free time playing other games.
>>
PSA any sort of threads like these are made because the current player pool for ASSFAGGOTS is starting to stagnate. if you ignore them, their shitty games will become containment units and the rest of us can go on with normal, healthy Vidya.
>>
Pay-2-Win Cinematic Overrated Roguelike Beta
>>
>>324013073
You are so ingrained in hating techies you dont even WANT to build strategies around him because you dont want to consider him as an actual hero in game

Your problem is more of a personal opinion than a design fault
>>
>>324013076
Well that's the thing, I wanted to get into MOBAs because I was curious, but I think it's just not for me. As people have pointed out, your fun is dependent on other people and the investment to both learn the game and play a single match is huge. I don't really want to learn situation-dependent character builds and character match-ups, I don't want to play a ranked multiplayer game and watch my competitive numbers go up.

I just like the idea of an RTS-style game where you play as a single unit that you develop and make stronger over time. I've played singleplayer variants of the MOBA style but they're usually shitty one-off games. The mobile one I was playing seems to be the most popular one right now, but every match either one or more people quit/disconnect due to shit mobile internet and it just becomes a lopsided shit stomp.

Basically, I respect the concept of a MOBA but I'm just not into what MOBAs are actually about. The highly competitive culture, the long time investments for a single sitting, etc.
>>
the matches last too long, sometimes I feel like a prisoner to the game. It'd be fine if I was still a neet and had all the time in the world but these days I need to choose how I spend my time wisely
>>
>>324013815
>It'd be fine if I was still a neet and had all the time in the world but these days I need to choose how I spend my time wisely
>posting on /v/

how ironic
>>
>>324005750
I just wish people would communicate.
I don't really care if you want to play core shadow demon, but if you remain silent and unmarked, I have to assume that shadow demon pickup will be a support.
Or if someone locks in an AM into the safelane, don't lock Medusa.
If you're trying some wack shit, just say.

That being said, even if you tell people who you're playing and where, they tend to ignore you and do what they want.

Well they do if they're indo. Australians seem to be pretty accepting and cooperative.
Indos just spam gibberish in chat. Refuse to help the team and salt.
>>
>>324013752
That's okay, man. Don't play it if the game isn't for you.
I can tell you I felt the same way when I first started out, but I'm autistic enough to keep playing anything until I am at least capable of handling myself. When I got to this point, it was an eyeopener and started to get addicting as fuck. That's all I'm saying, you can play the game as casual as you want, you just need to invest some into it to get the real fun out of it.
Anyway, if you ever need any help. add me /id/matrimandir. I'm not the best player, but I have a decent understanding to get you on your feet, and I play semi serious. Meaning, I don't really play ranked, I just play to get the best out of me.
>>
Because its already turning into another LoL with these stupid new items and hero changes
>>
>>324005398
I blame DOTA exclusively for introducing this. Why was it never so bad with Quake or CS? I don't want to be an esports streamer, and I don't want to be made to feel bad because I just want to sit down and play a video game for fun to unload some stress, instead of to study guides and get into dick measuring contests with 14 year olds. In fact, wanting to just have fun makes me a "casual", which is a term that wasn't a thing until the forced DOTA esports culture was injected into gaming within the last handful of years.
>>
>>324005104
It sux lmao
>>
>>324005104
Because if I wanted to hang out with Russian 24/7, I'd move there.
>>
File: rRdT3W.png (46KB, 644x255px) Image search: [Google]
rRdT3W.png
46KB, 644x255px
its addicting but makes me feel like shit so i uninstalled for the billionth time

not "fun" anymore just an anger simulator, dont even play more than 1 game per 14 days anymore
>>
>>324006329
Can you blame the shitskin from an islamic sand country from basing his sense of self worth solely on his ability to play a point-and-click ARTS?
>>
>>324012735
>The player base is actually the worst of the worst, Screechers over Mic, TryHard Neckbears, Russians, French and Brazillians ruining every game. Memers, HHARDCORE GAMURRS, Bronies...

This is the biggest problem.
The problem is that with your "meagre" 300 hours and admitted lack of game knowledge you will sperg out and anyone trying to help you or guide your choices as tryharding shit.

IMO the best thing a team can have is one salty and bad player the rest of the team can bond over hating.
>>
>>324014107
I will never understand how it's possible to play the same fucking game for 3000 hours.

Are you autistic anon?
>>
>>324005104

It's a good time sink but only if you have a decent group of friends to talk shit with while playing because it's filled with self-important faggots.
>>
>>324005398
>brah why are you TRYING so HARD?!
God fucking forbid people put some goddamn effort and time and patience into what they like to do. This isn't league of legends were you get banned for randoming in ranked, people try all sorts of stupid shit all the time, the difference is that at actual high level play you know what can and can't work. There's a 5k dude who plays nothing but mask of madness jungling Io, you don't see him complaining about wah muh meta.
>>
File: 1450870185941.png (134KB, 283x287px) Image search: [Google]
1450870185941.png
134KB, 283x287px
>>324006329
>they have the right idea for punishing unsportsmanlike behavior like saying "EZ" at the end of a match.

>regardless of outcome type 'ez' every single match
>always get a salty reply
>>
File: download.png (200KB, 1140x855px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
200KB, 1140x855px
Let us all try and pitch in to make the community a better place!
>>
>>324014445
There shouldn't be a ranked mode to begin with. Ever since DOTA became big, regular players, or "casuals", as they are now called, have been treated as second class citizens. Why is that? The forced esports/competitive shit is what causes the mindless normalfags who play this game to turn into a lazier, more sedentary version of European football hooligans.
>>
>>324014026

Tbh riot was the one that forced it and made it big. Dota esports has been around forever
>>
>>324014416
i have an addictive personality so i might as well be autistic
>>
File: 1447874342942.png (1MB, 853x959px) Image search: [Google]
1447874342942.png
1MB, 853x959px
>>324005104
>Can you tell me why you don't like DOTA 2 without listing all of the things wrong with it?
>>
>>324005104
I used to love dota 2, I got too 4600 mmr before I got really bored of it. I guess it's just the randomness of solo queue and how stale and methodical the team fights and games play out, you know exactly when and where you lost a game, what play that they got the upper hand and it's shit to have a game that allows for that to happen.

That's why I enjoy heroes of the storm, there's more variety to matches, people can come back out of nowhere, theres no items but the talents and objective play make up for it, and there is actual map variety with unique objectives to all of them. The game is fast paced, you can always come back if you play it right, and it isn't free to play so theres no BRs or other shitskins/incompetent people to ruin the game for you. I thought that Heroes of the storm was trash for a long time until I gave it a try after quitting dota 2 for like 4 months, I was suprised honestly just how deep the meta is and how fun the matches are, teamfights are non-stop and positioning/skill shots are hard to learn especially at high mmr. So yeah Dota 2 is a great game, theres just another one that is going to take its place.
>>
>>324009204
"You can't fuck about" don't really start until 5000k MMR or more.
And you can still fuck around plenty at 5500k MMR if you are mechanically good enough.
>>
when and from where in the past half a year did the word "core" appear in the dota lingo? what is this faggotry
>>
>>324015253

how much does blizzard pay you for posts like this
>>
>>324005104

>40-60 minute long matches
>which are usually decided at the 15-20 minute mark
>with a turnaround happening maybe 1 out of 50-100 times

Its why I dislike all DotA today, I liked it when I was 15 and it was one of the great WC3 maps I could play a lot and it had 100 heroes and shit

But not today.
Also, hud is disgustingly huge, camera zoom is way too close, and I simply dislike how the game looks and feels, I realize HoN looks worse yet I still prefer its...mechanics?movement? whatever.
>>
>>324014349

> anyone trying to help you or guide your choices

let's cut the shit. you and I both know that no one helps you out in Dota 2. They scream at you in their native non-english language on a north american server, they'll link several items. and not explain what you should do with them

you threw meagre into quotations when getting called a noob for being under 1k hours is commonplace around Dota 2

it's a sekret club for angry assholes. that's literally it lmao

>try to marshal a team together on Dota 2 after someone has fucked up for even a milisecond

impossible, soon as one fuck up has happened the team devolves into chaos. it's a team game held apart by people who can barely keep themselves together
>>
File: 1450950820938.jpg (186KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1450950820938.jpg
186KB, 608x1070px
>>324015417
Core has been a thing since Dota All Stars
>>
>>324015442
>im a shill xD

Play Dota 2 for 3000 hours like I have then come back to me. I know that game like the back of my hand.
>>
>>324015490
sure it has
>>
>>324015453
>40-60 minute long matches
>which are usually decided at the 15-20 minute mark

This doesn't happen in the current patch. Matches end pretty quickly after they are decided. If the match is still going it's because there's still a chance of winning. In previous patches it was harder to push so you had games dragging on forever but that's not the case now.
>>
>>324015513

That was such a shill post I want to hire you myself marketer-kun.

>I liked dota but now I'm even more casual so I play a dumbed down version of it!

Idiot, its also free you shithead.
>>
>>324005104
Turn speed
Clunky animations
Clunky last hit mechanics
Quake sound effects that only a child could enjoy
"pwnd"
Drowned out colours
>>
>>324015417
The term "carry" fell out of favor because it's too associated with right-click DPS.
>>
Its far too slow, the heroes or whatever are balanced in a stupid way there not everyone is viable against everyone, aka quantity over quality.
Heroes of the storm is far better, but I still have a hard time enjoying MOBAs. I'll boot up starcraft when Im itching for some real strategy.
>>
>>324015771

I played a few matches last week and even after the obvious point it still took like 20 minutes to finish

thats just 20 minutes that I don't have just to see the outcome that is already obvious.

If I get the itch I'll play HoN mid-wars instead, thats atleast a big, fast clusterfuck.
>>
>>324015253
>how stale and methodical the team fights and games play out, you know exactly when and where you lost a game, what play that they got the upper hand and it's shit to have a game that allows for that to happen.
>That's why I enjoy heroes of the storm, there's more variety to matches, people can come back out of nowhere

There is literally no way that this is a serious post.
>>
>>324015887
Just because you didn't manage to pull off a comeback doesn't mean it was impossible. I've had several stomps end before the half hour mark, that's how you know it was a stomp.
>>
>>324016029

I never said its impossible, I said it possible so rarely that its not worth it.

You can turn around 1 match out of 50, thats 49x20 minutes wasted.
>>
Don't play it with IRL friends, it will end in tears
Don't play ranked or you'll just start playing for MMR, it happens to everyone. you are not the exception.
Don't spend too much time on it or you will end up with 5k hours on the game and wonder where all the time went
Don't bother trying to reason with your team mates when they do stupid shit, they won't listen

Infact just don't play the game.
>>
File: 517px-Chaos-dwarf.jpg (117KB, 517x600px) Image search: [Google]
517px-Chaos-dwarf.jpg
117KB, 517x600px
>>324015253

>That's why I enjoy heroes of the storm

get a load of this stealth marketeer...buddy HoTs is dead as fuck lmao. it's a running joke amongst actually MOBA fans. it's only group following is people who play WoW

just. stop.
>>
>>324005104

Not really a fan of the ASSFAGGOTS genre.
>>
>>324015780
Again I was 4600 mmr, heroes of the storm manages to be more complex than dota due to the builds of talents and heroes and objective play, constant teamfights and actual fun gameplay. I used to think it was dumbed down too, but really Dota is complex in all the wrong ways and simple if you really think about it. Once you get last hitting down, positioning, and jungle rotations down then really it all comes down to team fights. And the team fights in dota 2 are fucking boring, they get stale man, that's why in my opinion Heroes is actually a good game, theres more than one boring ass map to play, and the teamfights are faster paced. I know you are a 2k trench shitter and think that the game is still complex and that's fine, but wait till you get to 4500+ mmr and you will see just how boring drafts are because you can tell exactly how a much is going to turn out.

Sure heroes is free, but you can't play Hero league (ranked) without 10 heroes, so there is a price to it so you can sit there grinding quickmatch till you get those 10 heroes, and by that time people kinda know what they are doing. I've been playing dota since warcraft 3, and I'm glad blizzard put their spin on ARTS, because it really was getting fucking stale.
>>
>>324016186

Man I can't even bother to read your entire stupid shit

>manages to be more complex by having less complex gameplay

Go play it then instead of shilling here you stupid stupid fuck.
>>
File: asdjdasdas.png (30KB, 269x97px) Image search: [Google]
asdjdasdas.png
30KB, 269x97px
>>324016150
>>
I stopped playing dota and lol. and play heroes of the storm now. though with dota i sold all my items and made 360$+ steam dollars for more games. now league on other hand shafted me i cant even access my account anymore fuck league.
>>
>>324016186
>the team fights in dota 2 are fucking boring, they get stale man

So this is what it's like to be trolled.
>>
>>324016186
so youre 4.5k and you call others shitters? well that explains why you couldnt progress any further.
>>
File: zXVIJ.jpg (237KB, 1360x452px) Image search: [Google]
zXVIJ.jpg
237KB, 1360x452px
>>324015253
>with unique objectives to all of them
This is actually one of the reasons why I hate the game, makes it feel like some sort of happy bouncy time circus shit instead of a proper skirmish team-based hame.
>collect 30 glabrblooms to awaken your Barzoople!
Fucking hell.
>>
>>324016186
>wait till you get to 4500+ mmr and you will see just how boring drafts are because you can tell exactly how a much is going to turn out.

Maybe you should monetize your godlike skill by betting on tournaments. Get a piece of all those millions of dollars being tossed around the esports scene.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>324006865
>>
>>324016352
What mmr are you?

>>324016254
Again dota is complex in all the wrong ways, heroes of the storm manages to have much more complex team compositions and flow of matches due to there being like 5 different maps with a unique objective in all of them. Dota is so fucking boring at high mmr it's sad.

>>324016424
post your mmr, I doubt anyone on /v/ is past 5k mmr honestly

>>324016461
It's cool though because you don't have to sit there playing the same map forever. The objectives make the game for me because it constantly forces engagements, that actually take skill.

>>324016497
Yeah no thanks, I'm going to try and get my phd soon so I don't want or even think I am capable of sitting in a gamer house playing dota 2 for 12 hours a day. Even if you win it must be soul crushing.
>>
>>324006297
>>324006325
>>324006865
>>324015253
>>324015371
>>324016150
>>324016186
>>324016497
>>324016424
>>324016628
MMR has fucked this game so hard, I remember what it used to be like.
>>
File: LO2lsuE.jpg (918KB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
LO2lsuE.jpg
918KB, 3120x4160px
>>324016186
>Again I was 4600 mmr, heroes of the storm manages to be more complex
>>
>>324016628
Not him but I am 6k. And teamfights are not stale at all.
>>
>>324016628
>plays HotS
>tries to be elitist telling other people to post their MMR
>calls dota teamfights boring when they are literally as not boring as humanly possible for the genre, due to how abilities are designed
>>
>>324016687
Bullshit lol, prove it.
>>
File: 6k MMR.png (125KB, 950x222px) Image search: [Google]
6k MMR.png
125KB, 950x222px
>>324016774
I post in /v/ dota2 threads all the time.
>>
Someone posts that pic of HotS heroes taking 10 seconds to kill each other because they have so much health and do so little damage.
>>
>>324016186
>being a 4k shitter

plz go
>>
>>324016753
>how abilities are designed

What does this even mean? All heroes that fit into categories have essentially the same builds and like 4 different picks based on the situation like BKB, eul's etc. Abilties are fucking boring in dota 2.
>>
>>324016628
5.5k and a lot of people still random and play out-of-meta

because in the current meta its not that much about heroes. just as long as youre motivated to play and get shit done in fights you can always win. if anything the picks are most stale in reddit tier mmr where people literally just pick what "pros" pick
>>
>>324005206
/thread
>>
>>324016774
>>324016826
This is sad though, because we're resorting to MMR fuckery in a conversation that really doesn't warrant it. Dota is demonstrably less boring than HotS, as a scientific fact. Even if the HotS retard had 8k MMR it wouldn't make his retarded bullshit true.
>>
>>324016872
>reddit tier mmr

So like 3.4k to like 4.7k?
>>
>>324015868
thank
>>
>>324016850
>Abilties are fucking boring in dota 2.

Jesus christ. Literally every hero has at least one ability that would be considered unthinkably overpowered in LoL, HotS, or Smite. You couldn't HAVE permanent invisibility in any of those games it would be so broken, yet Riki is considered underpowered in Dota.

Why am I letting myself get trolled like this?
>>
>>324016913
HotS is shit because it has forced engagements but Dota2 has dynamic engagements, split pushing, forcing lane momentum, rax advantages changing engagement dynamics completely while HoTS has the same engagements all the time built around same. objectives for different maps
>>
>>324016913
how it doesnt warrant mmr? I thought this was all about high mmr being super boring and full of shit players

in hots the game is just buy heroes -> do something on lane -> objective activates -> you go to objective -> go to do something on lane again

its like the players couldnt think themselves and game has to show them a red light so they can go do something
>>
>>324016872
>>324016826
I don't know, I placed in 4k mmr and was climbing pretty well, probably could've gotten there but I just got really bored. It just clicked for me that the games play out the same every single time and even then the randomness of your teamfights really irks me. Its an effect of it being free to play.

>>324017032
There is a hero that is permanently invisible though in hots. So what are you talking about?
>>
>>324016976
>Reddit is 4.7k
You give Reddit too much credit. Reddit average MMR is fucking trash.
>>
>>324017052
There is split pushing in hots, thats what specialists notably abathur are for.
>>
>>324017124
>hots
>invisibility
>>
>>324017124
>It just clicked for me that the games play out the same every single time

Bullshit. I just played 2 games just now. 1 we lost to the memepush bullshit and the other we won with me playing antimage and split pushing. How you say games play out the same way every single time amazes me.
>>
>>324017124
>the games play out the same every single time

one teams ancient gets destroyed?
>>
File: 1425844900497.jpg (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
1425844900497.jpg
54KB, 500x534px
>>324005398
>I miss when others were as bad as me
Jesus fuck /v/, what are you faggots doing? Trying to be good at a game you put a lot of time into is a good thing.
>>
>>324017194
Split pushing in HoTS is shit since Objective > Buildings in HoTS.
>>
>>324017124
Haha you almost got me. I actually just assumed that HotS wouldn't have anything like that. Turns out I was right too, as a few seconds of googling shows that

>Invisibility in HoTS is more like untargetability. You can still see a blurred visual where the invisible champion is

Half-assed and boring abilities compared to Dota. I will admit it seems to be better than LoL at least.
>>
>>324005104
It's pretty bland for a solo experience, and can only really be played with the right set of friends.
Some take it too seriously, some not enough, it's practically pick-up basketball.
>>
>>324017125
I saw a poll once that said the largest portion of reddit was like 3.2k-4k.

I find theres literally no reason to even bother talking about the game on reddit if you are better than that since everyone thinks dogshit things.
>>
>>324017335
I only go on r/dota2 for hilarious webms, news or drama. Going into balance threads are a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>324017270
>Trying to be good at a game you put a lot of time into is a good thing.

No, deranged 15 year olds ruining the game is not a good thing. Trying to be good at a game is only good when it's lighthearted and fun, not when it devolves into raging autistic lunacy. Then it becomes sad and pathetic.
>>
>>324005104
>f2p
>>
File: 1440706933977.png (128KB, 581x443px) Image search: [Google]
1440706933977.png
128KB, 581x443px
>All these people claiming to be >5k
>No proof

Guys, I'm almost starting to think you're full of shit.
>>
>>324017415
Dotos like dota2 and hon are such autistic concepts it's no wonder that high ranked play is autismal as hell
>>
>>324017216
I meant based on the draft.

>>324017284
Not really, look up a hero like abathur or any other specialist, if teams are going for objectives they are losing soak on exp in other lanes, specialists keep the xp advantage for teams if they can play it right.

>>324017314
half-assed abilities, heroes are actually pretty unique and abilities are definitely more satisfying that in dota, check out a hero called the lost vikings, this is what I am talking about. Also another thing that is great is talents, the game will constantly shift based on the talents and level advantages, you can be winning the entire game then get wiped due to bad positioning and then boom your core is dead.

>>324017268
based on the draft it plays the same every time, I just get so bored of heroes like natures or anti mage/void just snowballing all the time. Or even me just calling mid with shadow fiend or whatever having to literally put the game on my back every fucking game in order to win. It just feels exhausting to constantly have to be put in hour long matches.
>>
>>324017532
I just posted a screen showing I am 6k. What more do you want?
>>
>>324017394
The onyl good thing about reddit is its an easy place to find news and drama. That fake vietnamese rape story was pretty funny.
>>
>>324017394
Balance threads are always fucking nightmares. It's either shitters who don't kno what they're talking about, or high skilled shitters who want to keep the status quo
>>
File: DESTROY US ALL.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
DESTROY US ALL.gif
2MB, 320x240px
I dislike it because it's all my friend plays now and it's impossible to talk to him about anything because any time he's online he's in the middle of a 40+ minute match, the results of which are ultimately pointless.
>>
>>324017580
To challenge him to a 1v1 treant v treant mid of course :^)
>>
>>324017567
>Based on draft
Yes yes. Because the standard team composition in HoTS is so varied and different.

>if teams are going for objectives they are losing soak on exp in other lanes, specialists keep the xp advantage for teams if they can play it right.
Except completely objectives wins you the game because of a the insane advantage it nets. Also falling a little behind on XP doesn't matter because it is team XP instead of individual XP.
>>
File: drow2.jpg (355KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
drow2.jpg
355KB, 700x700px
>>324017415
We are talking about apples and oranges. Some faggots playing meta or builds/heroes they saw pro players play with no regard of the reasoning is horrible. But reading guides and learning mechanics and trying them out in bot games is much better than just trying shit out in a real game. I dont care how original your theorycrafting build is, try it in bot game first to see if it works. Nothing worse than seeing Arc Warden in your team saying he will make 4 divine rapiers and splitpush,
>>
>>324017746
Not at all, your team is still zoning for objectives and trying to get them, if the other team fails to kill the other team on an objective they are losing exp in 2 lanes, which abathur can soak in due to symbiote and him just sitting there. You can be almost 3 levels ahead if nothing is done about it which means that you have an extra talent or 2 that completely decides the course of the game.
>>
>>324017567
>I meant based on the draft.

You could pick furion and you could splitpush the entire game or you could memepush. Same with LD.

Ember you can russian fight dota or play for the lategame.

Jugg you can play early aggression or focus on lategame with a battlefury.

You could pick naga siren and be a big teamfighter, or being a rat.
>>
>>324017567
>half-assed abilities, heroes are actually pretty unique and abilities are definitely more satisfying that in dota, check out a hero called the lost vikings, this is what I am talking about. Also another thing that is great is talents, the game will constantly shift based on the talents and level advantages, you can be winning the entire game then get wiped due to bad positioning and then boom your core is dead.

Good job marketer, I might actually try it if it wasn't P2W. Since it is, it could have the best mechanics on earth and in heaven and I still wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>324017864
Heres your (you)
>>
custom games came out and now all my friends play overthrow instead since it is superior
>>
>>324015792
>>Quake sound effects that only a child could enjoy
>"pwnd"

I'm not gonna lie I don't like those things at all and I can't be fucked to get a different voice pack
>>
>>324017940
This also pissed me off but I got a bunch of them on sale at christmas so it was no big, I've bought 12 heroes already with gold though, but yeah that was a big turn off for me after playing dota 2 for so long.

>>324017939
Of course there's different ways to play a heroes, but that all falls apart in the late game, early aggression jugg equals battlefury 6 slotted bullshit for the late game. Every hero is playing for the late game essentially, furion is always going to split push, that's just his role in the meta. Naga is usually teamfighting and splitpushing in the off time, it isn't one or the other in dota, which I like.
>>
>>324017940
>the game will constantly shift based on the talents and level advantages, you can be winning the entire game then get wiped due to bad positioning and then boom your core is dead.

How exactly is this different from Dota?
>>
>>324017864
So split push except done by one hero compared to the dozens available in dota2. Are you sure dota2 is the boring one here?
>>
It ruins friendships and turns people into zombies who can only think about that game and nothing else.

I'm staying away from the genre entirely.

I've heard first hand what it turns people into. They are worse than people who play WoW.

They only talk about mobas.
They only want to play mobas.

And it turns everyone into finger pointing savages eventually, no matter what. To where one mistake means everyone in the group hates you for the rest of that game, and they talk about post game like you killed their dog with the constant blaming.

I've heard all of this while hanging out in mumble when my friends played LoL.

It's embarrassing to hear.

And hearing how depressed and sad they are that they are playing a moba, that even when it's suggested that they should stop playing, they blow up and get super defensive, when in actuality they can only play the moba now or they can't function.

Just like how people who can't play wow, can never fully stop playing it for something else.

I will never touch mobas because of the impact it has on people.
>>
>>324018229
>every game must go into the late game
Spoken like a true 3k trash
>>
>>324018214
>shittalking quake sound effects
>>
>>324018309
Because that rarely happens when a team gets a gold advantage they have an 80% chance to win over the enemy team.

>>324018347
There's like 12 heroes that fall under the category of specialist. Sylvanas is one, zargara, azmodan etc.
>>
>>324018423
It's pretty rare to end the game before late game, the other team has to seriously fuck up pretty bad, at least at 4600 mmr that rarely happens.
>>
>>324018414
nobody gives a fuck about your opinion like anyone will read this and suddenly understand your point of view. Noone cares about your anecdotal story that is irrelevant to the thread. Fuck off.
>>
>>324018551
Games end by mid game all the time. The average game time for 4k games are 30 minutes so I am not sure if you are even 4.6 or plain lying.
>>
File: 35313985_p1.jpg (159KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
35313985_p1.jpg
159KB, 640x640px
>>324005104
>farming
This is a legitimate complaint though
>>
>>324005104
no one wants to play support, everyone want's to be carry they try to emulate pro dota 2 players and when called out they sell all their items and get the courier killed and chat gg all the time
>>
>>324018484
Not all specialist can split push. Saying specialist = split pushing is a lie.
>>
>>324018414
>It ruins friendships and turns people into zombies who can only think about that game and nothing else.
wew lad
I've had like 20 people that I've regularly played dota 2 with over 2000+ games and nobody has ever ruined a friendship because of it or even gotten close
>>
>>324018639
30 minutes is right around the corner to late game. So really the extra 5 minutes doesn't matter to me. 30 minutes is a pretty high average don't you think?

>>324018695
Normally that's what they would do, lost vikings soaks the entire game and trys to push lanes in, same with galzowe. Sylvanas doesn't really split push but she can, she has the tools to do it, although shes more of a ranged assassin.
>>
>>324018642
Not really anymore. The game has shifted focus away from farming. Farming instead of grouping with your team is actually a choice now, not just the default thing to do in every game.
>>
>>324018765
30 minutes isn't late game. You mentioned 6 slot. Even in pro games, 30 minutes 6 slots are rare. Stop moving the goal post.
>>
>>324018616
>>324018714

Okay. Enjoy your game and thread.
>>
>>324018765
>30 minutes is right around the corner to late game.

Holy fuck. No. Try 45 minutes. There's no way you actually played Dota for any significant amount of time.
>>
>>324018837
I was generalizing, obviously I didn't mean six slotting=late game.

>>324018909
Nah, at that time the game has probably already been decided at that point, one team or the other would have gotten a racks or 2. Notice how I said that 30 minutes was right around the corner, meaning 5-10 minutes late game is already in play, and depending on what's been going on at that point, the game has already been decided.
>>
File: 81e.png (908KB, 578x1000px) Image search: [Google]
81e.png
908KB, 578x1000px
>>324018616
relax bruh, jack off to your gay porn to release some stress
>>
>>324019045
>at that time the game has probably already been decided at that point,
Don't go full retard anon. Clearly you dont play dota if you think this is a fact.
>>
>>324019045
>Nah, at that time the game has probably already been decided at that point, one team or the other would have gotten a racks or 2.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? "Late game" refers to average item progression, not the state of the buildings.

>Notice how I said that 30 minutes was right around the corner, meaning 5-10 minutes late game is already in play

So you think late game starts at 20-25 minutes. Amazing. I'm not sure if you're a lying troll or just a really weird dude that doesn't perceive reality properly.
>>
Most of you guys seem to play solo. I have a group of friends I play with, it's great fun.
>>
>>324018229
>Of course there's different ways to play a heroes, but that all falls apart in the late game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukdmkr-b_Wo
could you have expected a broodmother to come and teamfight vs a heavy 5v5 style lineup?

You know everything can work and everything can fall apart.
>>
>>324019139
Oh it isn't? There's probably a couple team fights left at that point and around that time the one team or the other has taken a racks, which means that they are probably getting rosh or just getting more farmed, and unless they fuck up a team fight while pushing they will win. 80% of games are won by having a gold advantage.

>>324019192
No 5-10 minutes after the 30 minute mark.
>>
>>324019257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZobqKSSGPw
>>
>>324019257
Both heroes and dota 2 play differently at pro levels, you know that, generally speaking the heroes that are picked are going to decide the course of the match.
>>
>>324019313
>I have never seen split pushing happen before the post
>>
>>324019379
Not really they play more or less the same in high level pubs. Anyway your shifting goalposts regardless
>>
>>324019430
I used to do it all the time, but split pushing is worthless if your team has 0 map control. I mean yeah I've won a couple game with furion because the enemy team was pushing while I raxxed them, but those are stupid mistakes made by the enemy teams.
>>
>>324019607
>split pushing is worthless if your team has 0 map control

Thats when splitpushing is worth the most fag.
>>
>>324019313
You are generalizing very hard. It's very probably that neither team has taken rax at 30min, and you can take rosh before taking rax or you might not even be able to. The average game is like 44 minutes long
>>
File: elder qt.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
elder qt.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
>>324019203
This
I mostly play with my friends anymore since I dont have to worry about fucking up and you can actually communicate with them
If I play solo I just mute everyone and pick a hero that can splitpush and spend the game minding my own business
>>
>>324019607
Split pushing is to create map control you utter dumb fuck. You force the enemy team to react to you on the other side of the map giving your team space to plant wards and retaken parts of the map.
>>
File: 1452782668341.png (26KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452782668341.png
26KB, 200x200px
>>324005104
I like the game but jesus what happend to this community its full of fucking memes like it's 2010 and get me started on the redditfags
>>
>>324005104
I got introduced to LoL first 6 years ago and by the time I discovered DoTA I had too many friends/couldn't be bothered swapping over to a new MOBA.
>>
Because it's "try hard the game"
Lan parties were cause nobody fucking wants to be the next big shit in esports. And most people I know are just in it for the cosmetics
>>
>>324005206
>>324005816
These.
It's boring, slow, and full of elitists.
>>
>>324019751
I know what split pushing is, but if you are already losing then you have no map control, which means theres probably no wards on the map, which means you are vunerable to ganks.
>>
File: 1444176276615.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
1444176276615.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
>>324019686
I would let her echo stomp my nuts
>>
>>324019895
That's why you need to get your head out of your ass and get those wards up

Warding is important in shit, especially if you want to salvage such a game (which indeed is possible)
>>
>>324019895
If you are vulnerable to ganks, you are not a split pusher. You are just a hero pushing a lane. Git gud scrub.
>>
in dota1 no one gave a shit if you wanted to safelane earthshaker and go mega crits build. now even in unranked you get flamed for playing a hero you feel comfortable with, and not the meta heroes that revolve every 3 months or so that are in every game.
>>
>>324020090
>unranked
>giving a shit about people
why even bother fAm
>>
>>324020090
that's because in dota 1 there's no ways of tracking your win/lose record and you know how people of dota are very competitive.
>>
>>324005104
I don't like it because I wasted 2k hours on it.
And still wasting a few occasionally
>>
>>324020358
Lol.
>>
>>324020358
>2k

I wish anon, i must have played about 10k hours or more of dota,hon and dota2 in about 7 years.

I was pretty addicted.
>>
Because its not about skill, its just about knowing the games meta. I play street fighter instead because it actually takes skill
>>
I'm not good at the game and play it only ever so often, but watching other people play it is enjoyable.
Be it professionals that really know their stuff or retards that do stupid shit.
>>
>>324019885
>wahhh too many bullies ingame because im shit
>>
>>324020765
>games meta
meepo
you tried him?
>>
>>324005104
>mobashit
boy you made that one easy.
>>
>>324020765
> I play street fighter instead because it actually takes skill

>dont know about option selects and most of the "latest" tech
>loose to anyone who does

Yeah SF sure doesnt require knowing about the metagame
>>
>>324020765
Street fighter is also about tiers as well
>>
>>324021004
I dont use OS at all and im actually a conpetitive player. Little tricks dont define the game, scrub.
>>
>>324005104
I like dota 2 cause its like an easy causal rts, the farming relaxing, and the esports part makes it fun to watch games.

Am I doing it right?
>>
>>324020765
>games meta
>street fighter
I guess you're new
>>
>>324021029
To a lesser extent. E. Honda can still make top 8 in a tournament despite being absolute trash on tier lists
>>
>>324021276
>enjoying videogames

get the fuck out.
>>
>>324016826
not a hots or league shill. but i started playing dota 2 recently, and im having loads of fun. Why do people play shit games like lol and hots? dota is 10 times faster.

my dotabuff.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/248043260
>>
File: 1452005588898.gif (370KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452005588898.gif
370KB, 490x750px
>>324022026
>42% winrate
>>
>>324005104
playing a game where you need to have a consistent team to improve without said consistent team is pointless.
>>
>>324022105
yes im a beginner. autistic arthur
>>
>>324009204
he can
I am 5012
and yes the games at above 5k are usually very stale , but if I play unranked its fun and people actually pick heroes outside of meta
>>
>>324013572
People know how to play against techies, the strategy to beat him is to drop sentry wards at the common mine spots, buy an early gem, and take circuitous paths around high ground areas to avoid potential mines. It's just not fun because you end up with brown boots and a bunch of wards since your team will need you to also do your standard support duties as well.
>>
>>324022026
Dota is fast.
Lmao, nice meme. It's slow as a turtle even compared to a dead game like HoN.
>>
>>324015371
>5000k

What? 5M?
>>
File: Ougi.jpg (323KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ougi.jpg
323KB, 1280x720px
>>324022026
>>324022538
>Be a beginner
>Have a 60% winrate
Not him, I just feel fortunate.
I don't like MOBAs much though. Also
>Jakiro
Based

>>324005104
I do not like commiting an hour to a single multiplayer experience. I do not like working with people and I hate having to worry about my success or failure being affected by others I cannot really control. That said I've had an easier time with this in DotA than in League due to the ease of communication.
>>
>>324005104
its filled with assholes and its very simplistic
>>
>>324020883
have you played dota people are always assholes no matter what you do
>>
File: hDovyC4.jpg (13KB, 179x223px) Image search: [Google]
hDovyC4.jpg
13KB, 179x223px
>>324025617
>simplistic
It's not though. Feel free to dislike the game, I do as well, but saying that DotA is "simplistic" is factually incorrect. Hell making the game simpler would be an improvement.
>>
>>324005104
It's objectively worse than league of legends, and has russians. Why the fuck would anyone play an inferior game?
>>
this thread is so mad holy shit

All of these faggots must solo queue or something
I never play League unless at least 3 other fiends are queuing with me because if you don't have control over game coordination or at least the surrender vote, you are going to have a bad fucking time every time, and you WILL think that the game and genre is shit.
>>
>>324025617
half the appeal to the game is that its less simplistic than other mobas
>>
>>324005104
I suck at it and don't want to invest enough time to get gud.
>>
>>324018414
That doesn't happen to most people
but it does happen to some.
I seen it too, its not a pretty thing.
>>
It ruined my life yet i still continue.
>>
>>324027612
this. I played dota for 10 years, finally got tired of the lack of region lock, I played lol for a while, but lol is just as bad once you learn its dirty little secret.
>>
>>324005206
>>324019885
Donezo
>>
>>324028110
>dirty little secret

Elaborate.
>>
>>324027836

>Dota is harder than other moba's meme

When will this meme stop. The game is as hard as the community playingit , league of legends has some of the most dedicated and genious players in esports. It also has like 10x the players, it's both harder to learn and harder to master.
>>
>>324022026
>willingly playing single draft

but y
>>
It has a godawful community and is considered to be competitive despite having RNG. What's the difference between this and Hearthstone?
>You can counter the RNG in Dota 2
You can counter the RNG in Hearthstone too, that doesn't mean it isn't shit.
>>
>>324016150
playing with IRL friends or even online friends is the only thing that makes mobas fun.
they are pure suffering otherwise.

if you are ending your games in tears when you play video games with your friends, either there is something terribly wrong with you or them.
>>
>>324005104
it's literally filled with subhuman third worlders to the point where the chances of finding an actually enjoyable game is pretty much 1%

oh, and the american dota 2 scene is dying because of this shit
>>
>playing a team game without a team
>'b-but the community is shit'

I hope from the bottom of my heart that you do not do this
>>
>>324005398
That's all well and good. Experimenting is how the meta morphs. The problem is when a bunch of people simply don't understand how their hero, items, or abilities work. This is particularly painful in ability draft, where smart players will make something fun or broken and awful ones will pick a ton of shit that obviously does not synergize
>>
>>324028301
yesterday i got out of it, then got back because of internet issues. In normal mode having access to 111 heroes feels overwhelming too.
>>
>>324012126
saw your post late but I believe it's possible to reset Steam stats with Steam Achievement manager
>>
The gameplay just doesn't interest me and didn't interest me when it was just a mod for Warcraft. Also most of the people who play these games have this false sense of grandure, it's really fucking annoying when these games don't take that much skill, just a lot of knowledge.
>>
>>324005104
Slow and boring, just like every other moba.
>>
File: HaraJuku Neith.jpg (170KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HaraJuku Neith.jpg
170KB, 750x1000px
>>324005104
Because Smite is better.

Dota is better to look at ("Le epic plays of the week"), but Smite plays better since the 3rd person make it more intense. I just watch dota these days, because playing it is more annoying than fun.
>>
File: 1351047626272.gif (1023KB, 301x264px) Image search: [Google]
1351047626272.gif
1023KB, 301x264px
Game is fine, the big problem for me is how both ends of the stick are real shit: low level games you get nothing but stomps high level games is static meta without people trying more stuff unless is one sleeper buffed hero like Icefrog always does.

There is no middle ground in this game where matches are mostly fair for both sides

Also I got bored of Icefrog way of balancing the game: overbuff one hero to fuck then overnerf the last hero you overbuff
>>
File: skinners reaction.jpg (22KB, 324x299px) Image search: [Google]
skinners reaction.jpg
22KB, 324x299px
>>324031802
The last few patches aren't really like that anymore
>>
File: 1446534864920.jpg (9KB, 199x178px) Image search: [Google]
1446534864920.jpg
9KB, 199x178px
>>324031931

I know and I dig alot the map change, but I already quit since the Wraith Night event and I never looked back.

Im not a big fan of Icefrog new mantra of "everybody should be able to teamfight"
>>
File: 1334143888802.jpg (27KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1334143888802.jpg
27KB, 328x396px
>>324014416
I will never understand how it's possible to do the same fucking job for a decade or two.

Are you autistic anon?
>>
>>324021061
>I dont use OS at all and im actually a conpetitive player. Little tricks dont define the game, scrub.

Or maybe you are just shit at the game.
>>
>>324030361
I play smite with some friends and I fucking hate it. The goofy skins, repetitive voice lines, the perspective makes awareness really annoying, ward system is awful, cool gods are very few and far between, awful client, awful company. Not that they isn't fun in short bursts, but like wouldn't call it good

I also don't know why goofy skins and the LoL/Smite humor trigger me so hard. Someone showed me that Jinx video and it was really disgusting
>>
reminder to the lolbabs who try to force league threads here

you are eternally btfo
>>
>>324028981
>Ability draft

By far the most fun game mode. Too bad you will get retarded teammates that pick 4 passives and then wonder why they're getting steamrolled by the guy with burrow strike+magic missile.
>>
>>324033021
I had a decent game the other day with some ransoms that played well and communicated well. Still a ton of ability misuse, though. I'm constantly surprised that people don't know or understand how the abilities of certain heroes work
>>
My computer only has a touchpad and that little red mouse clítoris thing it's not good for games like that.
>>
File: 1452702098362.gif (3MB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
1452702098362.gif
3MB, 288x162px
>>324032969
>The prize pool amount is indicative of a game's quality
As someone that doesn't play MOBAs, I came here to laugh at you
>>
>>324005651
You can be dog. just keep trying
>>
>>324014416
Instant gratification is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>324033372
>implying that you're not defending league of legends in every thread about ARTS that you see

lel get a trip
>>
Dota2 is the Dark Souls of memorizing unspeakable amounts of useless knowledge
>>
>>324033534
No, DotA2 is most definitely the better game, but your prize pools and shitty esports have nothing to do with why that is the case.
>>
>>324033634
>this backtracking and attempted damage control

glorious
>>
File: 1431109156212.jpg (74KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
1431109156212.jpg
74KB, 800x437px
>>324033634
>Autists throwing money at pixels prove my favorite video game is better than your favorite video game.
>>
Would rather just play something better like HOTS.
>>
File: Playing MOBAs with friends.jpg (298KB, 862x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Playing MOBAs with friends.jpg
298KB, 862x1648px
>7000 hours in Dota 2 and I still don't have any fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kUJWuIKfVg
>>
>>324034565
You know why dota is better than league?

I have skins without spending a cent

I have MADE steam bucks selling skins

If I'm going to be wasting my time on this shit at least I'll get a free game out of it here and there.
>>
>>324034767
How do you even get to 5k in a game you clearly don't enjoy? That's like top 1-5% of the playerbase or something.
>>
File: 2a5[1].jpg (211KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
2a5[1].jpg
211KB, 640x640px
>>324034767
Hows it the games fault that you're a salty baby?
>>
>>324035026
at 5k and beyond, dota stops being a game or hobby and it becomes a job. And nobody likes their job.
>>
File: 1447532537998.gif (502KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1447532537998.gif
502KB, 160x160px
>>324034872
>If I'm going to be wasting my time on this shit
>He's game is so bad he needs to be payed virtual pocket change, for a virtual game store, to play it.
>"But I can exchange it for r-real m-money, guise. I know people did it!"
>>
>>324035168
What the fuck does "salty" mean?
>>
>>324035331
it's kind of like when someone is really mad or bitter, I think it has to due with tears being salty. something like that
>>
>>324035294
You're point?
Lol is shit
Dota is shit
But I must play one
one gives me something not related to it.

So its 0-1000 vs 1-1000
>"But I can exchange it for r-real m-money, guise. I know people did it!"

I've made around 200$ off of dota drops, since I sell pretty much everything since skins are stupid. That not even a lot to what other have made.
>>
>>324035331
Its the new you mad bro, or possibly closer to you jelly, possibly in between the to
>>
LoL is more fun
LoL doesn't have an invasive hud that reduces your FOV to 30
LoL's camera moves instantly and doesn't add stupid "fluid" animations that only bother a player trying to be copetitive
Did I mention that half your screen in Dota will be filled with shit that you'r rather be the actual game
LoL's champions move more responsively (now not so much)
LoL's skill floor is a lot lower but it's skill ceiling is years above Dota 2

The only thing LoL has to lose against Dota 2 is that it has literally the worst fanbase in history of mankind
>>
File: Dota 2.png (1MB, 1190x1244px) Image search: [Google]
Dota 2.png
1MB, 1190x1244px
>>324035687
>>324035879
Okay I get it now.

>>324035168
In a game where teamwork is required and everyone you play with (even your friends) are unreliable, how can you have fun?
>>
>>324035687
It's also to do with the face people make when they eat something that's too salty.
>>
>>324036158
good to know
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 980x1040px
>>324035785
>In my thousand hours of dota I made $200
>Basically what a waiter in some pops diner earns per 14 hours of work.
>I must play ASSFAGGOTS because of DAT instant gratification.
>This whole post
>>
>>324035785

Yeah that was kinda cool while it lasted. Now all the drops are untradable
>>
>>324005104
I don't like this genre same as I don't like sport games or the majority of racing games.
>>
>>324035902
>LoL is more fun

Nope

>LoL's camera moves instantly and doesn't add stupid "fluid" animations that only bother a player trying to be copetitive

What the fuck are you even talking about? Are you trying to play it on a toaster?

>LoL's champions move more responsively (now not so much)

Dota has turning lag by design to keep melee and ranged carries on even footing. It's so it's harder to kite.

>LoL's skill floor is a lot lower but it's skill ceiling is years above Dota 2

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'd like to see a LoL "pro" try to jump in the Dota scene.
>>
>>324035902
>fov
>top down perspective
>>
>>324005104
no region lock
>>
>>324036409
>even replying
>>
>>324035902
>The only thing LoL has to lose against Dota 2 is that it has literally the worst fanbase in history of mankind

Ignoring everything else about this comment pretty much

>play league
>play easy bots since I don't know what I'm doing
>fuck up plenty, as someone new to somthing is going to do
>pretty much everyone on the team starts whining, had people saying left and right they'd report me for being bad and shit
>this was on easy bots
>kinda stop playing
>dota 2 comes out
>try it
>first couple games no autist fluid rages pop up, one guy told me to fuck off once we attacked a creep camp at the same time.
>>
File: 76bc605904[1].jpg (37KB, 270x375px) Image search: [Google]
76bc605904[1].jpg
37KB, 270x375px
>>324036063
>my team is le bad and im le good :(((((

Have you tried improving yourself in both game mechanics and attitude?
>>
File: 1431817188174.gif (99KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431817188174.gif
99KB, 250x250px
>>324036246
I'm to tired for this shit, here's my reply
>shitposting one 4chan
>>
>>324036275
Wait seriously? I kinda stopped playing more than a game or so a month as off late, why?
>>
>>324025730
I do a lot I get some flames once in every 20 or so games when I hit 6k mmr. I'm not shit so I don't get shit talked.
>>
>>324036869
pretty much this, unless you're shit or talk shit no one really cares in dota
>>
File: 1378362985913.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1378362985913.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>324005104
>MC has top down view
>has to micro control game universe
>basically playing God

But God doesn't exist bake senpai desu
>>
>>324036574
A team is only as strong as it's weakest player.

It's not like other competitive games where you can go solo and carry the entire game by yourself. Good teamwork is required to be successful in Dota.

I envy you since apparently you do very well in game and probably have a lot of fun playing with your teammates. Maybe one day the magic of it will be gone and you'll understand what I mean.
>>
>>324010974
I honestly pity Sc2 players. Seriously Blizzard fucked such an amazing RTS it should be as big if not bigger than other mobas.
>>
>>324005104
I can tell you what I don't like despite having 4k hours on it.

I don't like that recently they have been delving into league's design space of stuff I don't like. Mainly cooldown reduction and slower movement speed.

I don't understand what takes dota so long to release heroes. We only have one left to be current with Dota 1 but that should've happened a long time ago. When they first started after releasing Slardar they released 14 heroes in the span of 3 months. This is not even a matter of, "those heroes were already in the works" because in the next 3 months they released another 17 heroes. This is pretty consistent for 2-3 years.

Suddenly in 2014 they slowed the fuck down. They released 4 heroes in the span of a year. 2015 was even slower with just 2 heroes.

There are also this really weird hate against certain heroes. They nerf heroes that gets played too much, and buff heroes that are popular but don't get played enough. However there are some heroes that straight up don't get played, like a good 10%.

Elder Titan isn't picked in pubs (1.95%) and he isn't picked in competitive play. His abilities take a lot of work and requires teamwork for an effect that other people can do much easier. He essentially requires an extreme amount of setup for low pay off and even his only saving grace (natural order) is just overshadowed by slardar/dazzle. Yet he gets nothing but these tiny ass changes and buffs when he is clearly in the need of a rework and no amount of buffing his earthsplitter/stomp will change that.
>>
>>324037234
Actual autist get out
>>
>>324036869
>>324037002
Total bullshit. Some people will rage at you for dying at any point, or not diving in to die with them when they do something retarded. My favorite is when people flip their shit at you for insane nonsense reasons like going safe lane as Medusa. Everyone gets shit-talked. If you're 6k you will get 8k pros shit-talking you.
>>
>>324037285
I feel nothing but glee, as an old TA player I always hated SC
>>
>>324008468
what? dota 1 fucking died when 2 was born
>>
>>324037361
If you die for a stupid fucking reason like crossing river while being behind. If you die because you're over extending. I'll call you a fucking stupid retard shit too. However again I'm not shit so I don't get yelled at since my average deaths in winning games is 1 to 0 and in losing games 3 or 4 maybe 5 if it's a long long game. If someone in my games had 3 deaths at idk 20 minutes then I'd call that stupid fuck out too unless there was a reason for it.

Honestly you're shit at the game stop dying and stop getting your feelings hurt you eight year old.
>>
File: 1437865813946.jpg (97KB, 504x566px) Image search: [Google]
1437865813946.jpg
97KB, 504x566px
>>324037347
That's not very nice but I've heard worse while playing Dota.
>>
>>324005104
after 5000 hours it just got boring
>>
>>324005398
This was inevitable with the Internet becoming available to anyone around the globe.

I get how I feel, I have the same experience with Guilty Gear. We used to air dash around without a care in the world having tons of fun with friends back in the day. But like I said, people got online and started sharing - instantly all the carefree shitters having simple-minded fun realized they were actually shit at the game.
>>
>If you're 6k you will get 8k pros shit-talking you.

Miracle doesn't talk and the new top player doesn't talk so no. You have no idea how this game works huh?

>>324037514
Come on Starcraft was a good game you have to feel a little pity.
>>
>>324037139
>has to micro control universe

Except that's wrong. Your character and their abilities/item actives are the only things you control.
>>
>>324037703
I feel pity for rts's in general.
But none for starcraft, stupid limited unit ques.
>>
>>324037821
I didn't really care about the unit ques because micro management.
>>
>>324037818
You have to micro control illusions, secondary heroes (if your character has such an ability), any units under your control from stuff like helm/necro or abilities like persuasion.

That said people make a big deal about the micro in dota but it's largely microscopic compared to other games. People gloat about meepo but for the most part you're just a-clicking different spots on the map on the map and tab-poofing.
>>
>>324037590
>If you die for a stupid fucking reason like crossing river while being behind. If you die because you're over extending. I'll call you a fucking stupid retard shit too.

Why would you assume that they're retard deaths and not understandable deaths like being the victim of a successful gank? Do you have emotional problems?

How many hundreds of thousands of dollars have you made playing this game, btw, since you die less than pro players?
>>
>>324037703
>Miracle doesn't talk and the new top player doesn't talk so no. You have no idea how this game works huh?

Oh snap, sick burn dawg! Holy shit! That guy just got ROASTED!
>>
>>324005104
It is not a game that compliments or encourages independent thought or trying new things. My friends talk all the time about how they reported someone for not following a meta build or for picking a non-meta hero. The game is ruled by its meta to the point it's oppressive

It also is anathema to my Rambo "I don't care if I die as long as I took 10 people with me" playstyle.
>>
>>324019686
What marvelous fauna.
>>
>>324037343
Aether Lense is the one item that I just can't stand. A lot of heroes have super strong abilities balanced by not having the best range and in order to initiate they needed blink dagger period. Now you can get a 2100 gold item that offers positioning but no stats or a 2100 gold item that makes a lot of spells stupidly overpowered and also gives you mana, ability damage, and 15% magic resist.

Hero balance I can't get my head around either. Like Dazzle has always been a pretty popular support and he gets buffed almost every single patch. While like you say Elder Titan might as well not even be in the game. It really doesn't matter that split earth does 50% of the enemy's health when it's attached to a hero that's not very fun to play with high mana cost low impact abilities and does literally nothing if he falls behind. You know what hero will do 50% of your health after a 3 second delay? Gyrocopter with split shot and a diabolic edict that comes out instantly making him a carry who's stupidly strong during all stages of the game. Even if he's falling behind he has a massive stun and near global nuke/slow.
>>
>>324005104
Because I totalled 2k hours in 2012 and 2013 until I realized it's just always the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>324038283
He's being pedantic but there are a difference between retarded deaths and understandable deaths.

>Dying from legion commander who just got blink/shadow blade
Understandable, you have died for us to receive this information.

>Dying from the same legion commander over and over because you keep going to unsafe places by yourself with no wards to farm
Dumb, in fact on that note.

>See an enemy rotating to your lane to gank you because you have a ward. You don't back up and get ganked.
dumb death

>going into the enemy side of the map with no wards by yourself and you have no vision of where any of them are
dumb death

>diving past 2 towers and 2 heroes because that one guy in the back has 2 HP.
dumb death, it's still retarded even if you somehow magically get away unless you're someone like ember.

>>324038625
I don't like Aether lense either, I'm not really liking a lot of the new items they're introducing. I think aether would be more fair if it wasn't so cheap.
>>
>>324038391
>My friends talk all the time about how they reported someone for not following a meta build or for picking a non-meta hero.

I can go to any multiplayer game and do the exact same thing and it wouldn't do shit. Just because you report someone doesn't mean it'll do anything. They can pick and build how they want unless they start buying couriers and suiciding them or gving enemies your wards this shit doesn't mean anything. Your friends might just be fucking retarded.

>>324038283
>6k
>pro

How bad are you that you think that? I've most got money from small tournaments but not thousands you idiot.

>Why would you assume that they're retard deaths and not understandable deaths like being the victim of a successful gank?

A lot of succesful ganks outside of smoke is the person not being good enough to realize it.

>BH is level 6 and I'm mid against a pretty good damage/lock down better go get rune or not buy my own sentry.

It's a problem a lot of people have and it's understandable. but again only a small % of ganks isn't due to human error and if it keeps happening you're shit.
>>
I don't like underage people.

Unless I can get in their pussy.
>>
>>324038625
>Aether Lense is the one item that I just can't stand.

I quit when CDR becomes a normal thing. I stopped playing Dota for awhile to play smite. Jesus christ such huge ults can be wasted like nothing because CDR is so cheap and it does so much.

>>324039074

Not a lot of children actually play Dota, your argument is "I don't like stupid Russians."
>>
File: smug2.jpg (65KB, 520x442px) Image search: [Google]
smug2.jpg
65KB, 520x442px
>>324007441

>Dota requires some small amount of intelligence.
>>
>>324005104
literal lag simulator

why do dotacucks try so hard to get people to play their dead game, you will NEVER be as popular as league so just give up.
>>
>>324039206
>Cooldown reduction is cheap
It is on a single item and a rune and the item is 5,900 gold. I hate CDR as an idea and I don't think the item was a good idea however it is the complete opposite of cheap.
>>
>>324038982
http://strawpoll.me/6544551
>>324038982
>>324038982
>>
>>324039517

> stopped playing Dota for awhile to play smite. Jesus christ such huge ults can be wasted like nothing because CDR is so cheap and it does so much.

Read what I said.
>>
>>324039778
I have no reading comprehension would be the answer.
>>
>>324038745
It's just so cheap that I feel like I'm losing out if I don't buy it on just about anyone. Even carries like faceless void and chaos knight massively benefit from the extra survivability, mana, and cast range on their skills.

>>324039206
At least it's expensive enough that I don't see it too often in normal games. But seriously nothing is as broken as the winning team eliminating 1/4 of their cooldowns, including items. I was suprised the other day to find out that Disrupter's buff gives him 100% uptime with lightning strikes. If you weren't playing as a character who could just run up and kill him it didn't matter how long it took, he'd just bleed you out and you were helpless to stop it.
>>
>>324005104
because im in low priority roflrolkmaaomamaomaomamo
>>
>>324036730

No idea. The items from the last goypendium you couldnt even gift to friends
>>
>>324039958
>They have too much magic damage
>Before 6.86
Build casual cloak
>6.86
Build Aether lens

I think that is the crux of the issue. Not only does it increase your cast range and damage for only 2300. It gives you HP regen, 250 mana, and 15% magic resist.

It's like if blink dagger gave stats and kept the utility.
>>
>>324040001
stop having autism every game.
>>
File: 144372864832694.jpg (158KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
144372864832694.jpg
158KB, 1200x720px
>all these criticisms

League is that way fellas
>>
>>324040751
>you're not allowed to see faults in games
okay
>>
File: 1442773437385.jpg (159KB, 1642x919px) Image search: [Google]
1442773437385.jpg
159KB, 1642x919px
Basically low priority.

There are games you just can't win after some point, you still have to play 20-40 mins of absolutely no fun, if not you're punished.

After 1k hours of gameplay, I entered a huge low priority just to lock me out of the game, after playing it since b.net/gg-client->garena/dota2, I'm leaving it and I don't intend to play it anymore.

Icefrog ruined the game.
>>
File: noregrets.png (126KB, 367x165px) Image search: [Google]
noregrets.png
126KB, 367x165px
>>324005104
No regrets.

Initially I didn't like it, because it's hard, not fun and annoying. Everything sucks. But once you learn how to actually play it's a fantastic game.

People that don't like Dota want to be rewarded straightaway. It's the sort of people that are ruining gaming bit by bit. At least a few devs still care enough not to pander to them.
>>
>>324005104
Its casual garbage, its slow, its boring, its full of RNG, its essentially just a super dumbed down Warcraft 3 for idiots.
>>
>>324038982
>>324038982
>>324038982
>>324038982
>>324038982
>>324038982
>>324038982
>>
File: Screenshot (382).png (35KB, 249x110px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (382).png
35KB, 249x110px
>>324040980
get ony my level scrub
2000 more in wc3 dota
>>
>Pro players are allowed to surrender when they know that the match is lost
>That same feature is absent in pubs because fuck you
>>
>>324041049
>casual garbage
(You)
>>
>casual

no matter how garbage the game might be its not casual
>>
>>324041489
>first blood
>gg
>dire victory
>>
>>324041916
That's why I could never get into HoN. I don't think I've ever played a game that lasts longer than 15 minutes. Not because the game is fast paced but because the attitude is "surrender or afk" at first blood.
It's a shame because some of their heroes are cool as hell and should be added to dota.
>>
>>324037703
>Come on Starcraft was a good game you have to feel a little pity.

Starcraft contributed part of the mojo that killed the genre and none of the good.
It was and is an amzing and a fun game but its legacy is that of E-sports and Scripting Map Editors.

The latter died and the former is what poisoned the well of developers.

Eh, I can still enjoy the game but Starcraft 2 is a fitting successor.
It kills the good parts of the game like its amazing story, good editor, friendship bonding potential and replaces that with grind for the ultimate nerd award.
Let pigs play in their mud, they enjoy it and we should simply accept tat rolling in mud is not for us but that doesn't mean its bad or not fun in its own way.
They likes Starcraft 2 because it gives them what they want.
If you don't like it, then you liked elements that are not part of Starcraft's legacy but elements it borrowed from other games and you'd be better served by them... if they were being made, that is.
>>
File: tumro2.jpg (17KB, 541x721px) Image search: [Google]
tumro2.jpg
17KB, 541x721px
>>324005104
the worst part of the game is how emotional 1-2 your team-mates will get, and then they will throw the game, but you're stuck in there forever with them.

and you could probably win if they weren't giving up
>>
>>324041916
>you can only surrender after 30 minutes
wow, that was so hard to fix
>>
>>324040980
gee, it's not like there are games that both fun from the start and fun to master them, right?
dota is just a shit game, and if you start to like shit games after playing them a lot, it's you who kills gaming, champ
>>
>>324041489
>surrendering is good in pubs

No, no it isn't. Comebacks are possible goes double in Dota pubs I won so many games I was losing hard.
>>
>>324037541
It absolutely didnt

All my original friend from Dota1 still play it and wouldnt even touch D2 with a 10 ft pole
>>
>>324043187
No. Just no, fuck off. Surrender might be a good idea in league where teams with 10% gold lead at 10 minuts win 80% of the games, but in dota, where comebacks are so often surrender has no place in pubs. Of course it's most likely not gonna happen when you give up after dying 2 times but â–¶Don't give up!
>>
Already have 1500 hours on it, its just not fun anymore, also I can pretty nuch go Ursa ever single game and win 90% of the time.
>>
>>324038979
>It doesn't do shit
But it does, sorry. They tell you if action is taken against someone you reported.
>>
>>324043936
so how's 2k treating you senpai?
>>
>>324044436
They got reported for other shit. One report will never ever get you in LPQ.
>>
File: new meta.jpg (219KB, 1282x770px) Image search: [Google]
new meta.jpg
219KB, 1282x770px
>>324038391
>>324044436
are you sure your friend wasn't talking about league of legends?
>>
>>324028230
There's delusional, and then there are nutcases like you
>>
>>324044615
he was probably thinking about both
>>
>>324005104
The game doesn't seem very informative over what happens, and this is very dissuasive for new players.

Even ones coming from other mobas there's no apparent reason as to why you were one shot.

Characters are boring, and stolen from warcraft, community is worse than melee's, and it takes longer to get in a game than UMVC 3.
>>
>>324044615
No. Both games have this issue. It's an issue with the genre, really.

>>324044550
If everyone on the team reports them...that's not 1 report, is it?
>>
>>324044723
Except he's right, the dota fanbase is completely brainwashed

Every moba thread turn into dotafans pretending their game is "obviously" above the rest for randoms reasons

Shit is fucking pathetic
>>
>>324044615
I remember a friend of mine trying to defend this.

He's not my friend anymore.
>>
>>324044873
>Both games have this issue
literally you're wrong. Half of dota players don't give a shit about meta, the other half knows every hero is meta
>>
>>324045179
Literally you're wrong, DOTA players throw a fit if you don't go meta and will scream at you for "OMG NOOB YOU CAN'T PLAY THATAS SUPPORT"

Looks like it's your word against mine.
>>
>>324045179
>literally you're wrong. Half of dota players don't give a shit about meta, the other half knows every hero is meta
Litteral complete bullshit, there is a clear meta and clear popular picks
>>
>>324045264
>>324041476
post yours :^)
>>
>>324045357
No thanks. You're attempting a fallacy to prove you right.
>>
>>324045179
last time I saw a lol player stream d2 by picking random champs and trying new builds he got put in low priority Q

people enforce the meta in both game, dotard just dont want to admit it
>>
>>324005104
People somehow don't understand that communication is the number one most important thing a team needs to have. Dota 2 becomes a much better game when you have a team of four others who know how to speak clearly, communicate well, and not whine about literally everything
>>
>>324005104
point and click adventures are boring.
>>
>>324045464
>>324045478
all i'm saying is it literally never happened to me
>>
>>324045582
more like pointless and shit
>>
>>324045478
People in Dota don't care if you go off meta as long as you explain what you're doing so that they can play around it and it's something that actually has a point (i.e. Carry Lina is off meta but ok because Fiery soul has synergy, carry crystal maiden is just you being a hipster as she has no reason to be a carry)
>>
>>324005104
I find it boring and wholly lacking in practice/skill requirements. Can't be doin' this casual gaming thing.
>>
the community stinks

i don't like elitist assholes
>>
>>324045739
i get you well I played the dumbest shit when I played lol and never had any issue

because apparently jax isnt a support

>>324045862
so same as in lol, you can be off-meta, just dont fucking troll the game
>>
>>324006267
Fun is not a buzzword, it's a description of a feeling you get from playing a game you like.

It might be subjective, but it isn't a buzzword. Do you know what a buzzword is or what that word means?
>>
>>324045862
Maybe the good players. My friends also bitch even if someone explains it. There are some people who firmly believe in the meta unquestioningly.
>>
>>324005104
Dota 2 is one of the few games worth playing atm
It takes skill, it looks amazing, every hero is unique, it's the most fun you can have in a multiplayer game.
>>
>>324045965
No, in LoL the meta is a lot stricter so it feels more rigid. If I said "I'm going to play AP rammus toplane as a building destroyer" because he's the only character that has an ability that can damage towers you'd still be reported if it didn't work out, even though it makes sense on paper.
>>
>>324046225
>you'd still be reported if it didn't work out
you'd be reported before the game even starts
>>
I don't like playing support past 15 minutes unless I'm jacked out of my mind. In league there's 4 core positions so I don't have to play that shitty role at all.
>>
>>324046225
You need a lot of fucking report to actually get anything, and most of the time it's just a warning

Also you cant tell me crystal maiden is just you being a hipster and then defend AP rammus top
>>
I would probably enjoy lol/dota 2 if there was more mechanical skill involved. Casting spells at slowly moving targets gets really boring after a few games.
>>
>>324043838
are you fucking retarded or some sort of a third worlder with a wooden pc and a 56k dial up?
there is absolutely no reason to play dota 1 over dota 2 otherwise.
>>
File: 05aec2a51d[1].jpg (73KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
05aec2a51d[1].jpg
73KB, 500x361px
>>324038391
>It is not a game that compliments or encourages independent thought or trying new things. My friends talk all the time about how they reported someone for not following a meta build or for picking a non-meta hero. The game is ruled by its meta to the point it's oppressive

I've wrecked games with support Kunkka and carry Dazzle mid, stop being so shit.
>>
>>324046569
But it is different: Rammus has a unique mechanic he can take advantage of to push towers quickly. Now in practice we know it doesn't work because Rammus can't lane for shit and won't be able to push to the tower by himself to take it anyway, but it's still something you can talk about.

CM as a carry has a stun and a slow but she's an Int hero so she gets no attack speed or durability for building damage and has no steroids or base stats that allow her to be a carry, so it's unarguably bad.
>>
>>324046687
I'm on a 1y old rig with fiber so try again

>there is absolutely no reason to play dota 1 over dota 2 otherwise.
The artstyle and the community full of brainwashed drones, wannabe dendi and cykas
>>
>>324044873
Even if all of the people on your team report him it'll count as one report because it came from one game.
>>
>>324038391

Most games are ruled by meta.

you can deviate from the meta, if you win no one cares and if you lose everyone is going to flame you anyway so just do whatever you want
>>
>>324005104
Shitty hud, looks 640*480.
More brown on brown that cowadooty.
Cc doesn't have any noticeable effect. Someone casts stun and no animation happens then you're dead.
Sure part of the game is knowing what your enemy is capable of moreso than you're own...but lack of any tells?
>>
>>324044615
>Support in LoL is literally so unfun the Devs themselves have to report people who won't play it

It's still funny to me. I know support is different now but fundamentally LoL's support characters are so fucking boring, Riot can't seem to separate "Healer/Shielder" from the concept of "doesn't need items".
>>
>>324046887
>but it's still something you can talk about.
Well let's talk about CM carry then, she got CC, she got damage and she's pretty fucking hard to shutdown

We can talk about a lot of things, doesnt really make it good
Rammus AP top is a bad idea and people will shit on you if you bring this into ranked, same exact situation as CM carry
>>
File: 1452881566220[1].webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1452881566220[1].webm
1MB, 450x472px
>It's another "1k casuals giving their false opinions about Dota and stating them as facts" episode
>>
>>324047006
yeah, these subjective (but objectively retarded) things totally outweigh matchmaking, ranking, dedicated servers, reconnect, central routing, patches support, no maphacks/drophacks, and actually having people to play with.

you're just fucking retarded or straight up lying. unfortunately for you i know the current state of dota 1.

also
>artstyle
it's pretty much like saying "i have no arguments"
>>
>>324047336

What do you mean tells. The fuck are you on. If you walk into 5 enemies like a fucking idiot of course you explode
>>
>>324047584
Yes they absolutely outweights your memes

Also
>artstyle it's pretty much like saying "i have no arguments"
I pity the drones like you
>>
>>324047336
are you sure you're not playing the alpha from 2011?
Thread posts: 509
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.