[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>discussion about bloodborne >someone always casually mentions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 28

>discussion about bloodborne
>someone always casually mentions how they beat every boss under 5 tries.

We all know you took 30+ plus times to beat that boss. We know
>>
File: 1438593211857.png (572KB, 1200x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1438593211857.png
572KB, 1200x1072px
>>323982229
Cleric Beast? Laurence or even BSB I can understand, but this? Please be bait anon
>>
>>323982229
>Cleric Beast
Holy fuck you're horrible if you have trouble with that boss
>>
Watchdog of the Old Lords in the cursed chalice.
>>
Gehrman and the Vacuous Spider were the only bosses I had trouble with, meaning had to try more than 5 times.
>>
>discussion about bloodborne
>someone unironically defends Brain Trusts
>>
>>323982861
Use the queen hunter npc helper

makes it pretty easy
>>
>>323982729
>tfw beat BSB on my first try
>go on the Internet and find out it's supposedly one of the hardest bosses in the game
I don't know how, I'm not even that good. It was the only boss I beat on my first try besides the last four.
>>
>>323982229
I have no problem admitting I'm a terrible player. I have shit reflexes, I'm prone to panic, and sometimes I miss the obvious. It took me 40 minutes to get through the jumping puzzle in Vault of Glass. I'm that bad. I'm not kidding. And yet somehow I beat The End on my first try. It's not because I'm awesome or anything, I just got lucky.

I dunno, I just play games to enjoy them. I enjoy overcoming the challenge, even if it takes me 400 tries.

How does it feel to be associated with me, /v/ ?
>>
>>323982229
>first few times I fight a boss.
>try to fight it "fairly" by standing in front of it and dodging its attacks while counterattacking when there's a brief opening
>die
>realize that it's much more efficient to just hump the thing's leg and spam R1 until it dies.

Half the bosses of every souls game ever.
>>
>>323982229
*those bosses
>>
>>323982908
I'd say NG+ Laurence is the only one I need more than 30 attempts on. Plenty of them required 5+ tries however, but I'm not really good at this game.
>>
>>323982982
I ended up beating it on my own. Just took like 12 tries. I don't need no NPC help, casual.
>>
I was stunned that I beat Amygdala on the first try. It took me several tries to get through the level, but the boss fell easily.
>>
>>323982908
I beat Rom the first time easily and had no idea how people had trouble with it

then i tried her with a low level pvp character and i got my shit rekt several times
>>
>>323982982
It doesn't, that screws up his patterns. I really tried to use summons in the defiled chalice but you seriously just have to solo them. Just be autistic and play for hours to memorize the patterns and then the hardest boss in the chalice is the first one.
>>
>Simons bow with 50 bloodtinge

>Every boss in the game becomes trivial.

>Cursed amygdala just flails her arms uselessly while you ping her in the head for like 700 damage per shot.
>>
>>323982229
The only boss that took me a shit ton of attempts was that beast-werewolf guy in one of the chalice dungeons.
>>
>>323982994
The only hard part is the grab which is an insta-kill, and all you had to do was dodge left. Literally, I just dodged to the left over and over, used an antidote if I got poisoned, and it was easy.
>>
I'm not the oldest guy around but I can't be the same age as you guys. Bloodborne, Souls games, they're only acclaimed for difficulty because there's nothing like them anymore.

I only started browsing /v/ about 6 years ago, so I can't attest to how you guys reacted, but do you guys really think these games are harder than something like Ninja Gaiden Black or 2? Have you even played them?
Even DMC games on DMD or Heaven or Hell were harder than SL1 runs in these games.

How old are the people in this thread?
>>
>>323983159
that boss has bizarre rng and attack patterns, some people get lucky and cruse through it while others get totally fucked
>>
>>323983159
Bloodborne was bugged as fuck on release.
There was a memory leak, so if you leave the game running eventually the bosses lose their movesets.
>>
>>323983340
It's a testament to the times, man. Difficult games aren't that common anymore.

Though I imagine they'll continue to remain a steady niche, due to the (unexpected) success of Souls-type games.
>>
I'm happy I beat Witches of Henwick and Shadows of Yharnam on the first go.

I've not picked up the game though after getting stuck on the Bloody Crow, seriously too OP for me.
>>
>>323982994
I also beat BSB on my first try, but I died like 15 times to Vicar Amelia. Sometimes some encounters just mesh with your playstyle better. I can't tell you how often I find myself struggling with a boss only to have this dumb fucking moment where I realize it 300% easier if I dodge left instead of right.
>>
>>323983186
I was just getting impatient and thirsty for the kill so I would attack when I wasn't supposed to, or would die accidentally backing up into one of the spiders she spawned. Just dumb shit like that. It's not a hard fight at all, just requires patience and crowd control.
>>
>>323983483
He's completely optional. If you're really having issue poison knife cheese is your friend.
>>
File: Indeed.jpg (70KB, 540x680px) Image search: [Google]
Indeed.jpg
70KB, 540x680px
>>323982994
BSB isnt really hard. If you stay calm he really cant touch you. The only hard part is dealing with the poison near the end. Easiest way to cheese him is just toss pungent blood cocktail away from you and he'll run towards it
>>
>>323983340

The souls games are nothing compared to shit like Maximo
>>
Hardest enemy of any souls game: the shitty camera
>>
>>323983548
Yeah but I want avenge the Crow lady seeing as her accent reminds me of my old teacher
>>
Does anyone else share the opinion that the Souls-ish bosses were much better than the bestial ones?
Logarius, Maria, Orphan, Gehrman? Guys with Swords for me are just a lot more fun than "EEYUUUGHHHHHH" and dodging through the same pattern slashes.
>>
File: 1432775909297.jpg (25KB, 514x576px) Image search: [Google]
1432775909297.jpg
25KB, 514x576px
>>323983506
I'm the opposite of you
Every replay the BSB gives me a hard fucking time but I can beat Vicar Amelia on my first try.
>>
>>323983340
I played Battletoads as a kid, I know about difficulty, and things weren't better back then. Souls games are praised because they manage to be more challenging than 95% of the shit on the market while still feeling fair and fun.
>>323983483
Stay at medium range, you'll be able to consistently bait the same attack that's very easy to parry. When he reaches half-health, he starts trying to afflict you with something by throwing vials at you. As long as he doesn't hit you with a vial, he'll keep throwing them over and over again. So dodge a throw, power attack him, repeat.
>>
>>323983809

Good to know I'm not the only one who felt this.
>>
>learn to parry Gascoigne and BSB

>the fights are now pathetically sad
>>
>>323983830
Took me an insane amount of tries for my first Amelia kill but after Ludwig it feels like everything she does is in slow motion.
>>
Who /stunned Paarl repeatedly with hunter axe spin2win/ here?
>>
>>323982229
Only one boss took me twenty plus tries.
That fucking blood starved beast fucked me up so easily.
The grab attack 1-hit me more often than not
>>
>>323983830
Depending on your playstyle and weapon, some bosses will be a lot more difficult than others. I played with Kirkhammer, I struggled like an idiot against the easiest bosses, but killed Ebrietas on my first attempt by hammering her head, and with such ease I thought she was a decoy before the real boss fight. I couldn't understand that anyone would struggle against her.

If I'd been playing with another weapon, I may have struggled against her and done better against the ones that gave me a hard time.
>>
>>323983760
She doesn't die.
>>
File: bastet.png (58KB, 392x244px) Image search: [Google]
bastet.png
58KB, 392x244px
>>323984029
>tfw i've always cheesed Gascoinge by hitting him behind rocks then using the music box during phase 2 so he gets no chance to fight
>>
>>323984171
I died 4 times before I realized being offensive cheesed the fight. Nice trick I guess, most players would be too scared to go near it because of the lightshow and claws, but the moment you show no fear the thing gets fucking destroyed.
>>
>>323983506
bsb took me 2 and vicar took me 1
however micolash took me 7 tries or so, so I don't know what the fuck
>>
>>323982229
I beat bloodborne in 5 hours.
>>
Asked in another thread but is the keeper of the old lords canon female?

It wears a witch hat and even has a dress.
>>
>>323982229
>beat Rom on my first try
>can't beat her on NG+

Now I understand why people had problems with her.
>>
>die 7 times to Orphan of Kos without even getting him down to half-health
>8th attempt, just breeze through the first half of the fight and wing it through phase 2 despite having never seen that moveset
>>
>>323984361
>>323984449

Let the humble bragging begin
>>
>>323982982
>Use the queen hunter npc helper
did they seriously casual the fuck out of the chalice dungeons with the old hunters?
>>323983081
Laurence on NG+ pushed my shit in, he was at least as hard as defiled amygdala and harder than defiled watchdog for me. Orphan was easier.
>>
>>323984427
>beat Rom on first try, easy as shit, don't understand why people complain
>struggle against it on NG+ because it has a ton of new moves
Fucking memory leak
>>
>>323984518
We're literally talking about how some tough fights proved easy and other easier ones turned troublesome to demonstrate how each boss's relative difficulty is extremely subjective. Don't be an autist.
>>
File: 1415936080474.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415936080474.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
I had the most difficulty with Orphan and Laurence. Each of them took like 8 tries.

Every other boss in the game took like 1 or 2 tries. I think that faggot in Cainhurst Castle was 4 tries.

I've been playing these games since Demon's Souls. I've gotten used to adapting to fights so picking up on how a boss works isn't exactly difficult. I'm still kind of disappointed Maria was a one shot.
>>
>>323982229
If it took you 30 tries to beat the witch of hemwick thats pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>323982229

>I suck so bad at this game I died 100 times to a boss therefore if you didn't die as much as me you are lying

Boss that gave me the most trouble was darkbeast paarl. Took me maybe 15 times to beat him. 2nd hardest one was shadow of yharnam. Every other boss I beat in less than 5 tries. Beat gerhman on my first try literally. I see everyone always bitching about how hard gerhman was but no one mentions darkbeast. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't think anyone would lie about something as petty as this on an anonymous imageboard. In a situation where they may receive recognition for such a feat maybe but what the fucks the point on an anonymous forum especially when the bragging right in question is being skilled at video games.

I can't decide what's more pathetic. Someone who wants a pat on the back for not dying in a vidya or someone who gets so mad when others "claim" to better than them at a vidya that they call them liars and make threads to spite them
>>
>>323984361
I died probably 6 times on BSB but beat amelia on my first try, and have actually never died on amelia on any of my NG or NG+ runs.

I beat quite a few bosses on my first try but some of them were luck like logarius. I didn't know you could attack his sword so I killed him with like 1 vial left.
>>
>>323982229
>gone through most of the game spamming R2 with the secind form of thw hunter's axe
>still have beaten most bosses in 2-3 tries
This game is a lot more fair than it's predecessors desu
>>
Only ones that took me more than 10 tries were Loran Darbeast, Pthumerian Descendant, chalice Ebrietas and Laurence
>>
>>323982994
If BSB means blood starved beast sorry no. It's like the 3rd boss you encounter and that's also about where it stands in difficulty (3rd easiset). Don't know where you read that but no where have I seen people considering that boss to be much harder than others.
>>
I beat cleric beast, giuseppe, the one revorn and bsb in my first try.
Then i got anally abused by vicar amelia, gherman, orphan, ludwig and laurence.
The other ones probably took me around 5 tries, not counting defiled amygdala that also raped me hard
>>
>>323985614
Loran darkbeast is tough because he does so much more damage and has so much health.

I actually love the pthumerian descendant fight because he's fast. Fuck the second form of Laurence.
>>
>>323985740
Reborn* ugh i haye typing on my phone
>>
You guys don't know shit about difficulty if you didn't do NG+ with the cane.
>>
>>323985861
Uhh I did and it was easy.
>>
>>323986068
Just like ur mum m8
>>
>>323986150
true
>>
>>323982229
https://youtu.be/7AUcuYGUkpA
>>
>>323985861
I beat Dark Souls with a whip. Come at me bro.
>>
>>323983340
>you guys are probably too young to remember when games were hard
>devil may cry & NGB

I was expecting you to say some NES or SNES era shit. DMC and NGB don't even come from a time where games were harder. Those games are hard as fuck but are really just N exception for the time. They still make retarded hard NG games and every dmc up until DmC was fuckhard.

The people in this thread were definitely alive during the xbox when NGB came out but they probably don't remember it as a time when games were harder cause in general they weren't. Look back at SNES , NES, and Genesis and nearly every game that came out was on battletoads or original NG trilogy level.
>>
>>323982229
>Moonlight Meme Sword
>Meme Hammer
>Meme Axe
>Memeletter
>Memekage
>Memewig Sword
>Meme Cutter
>Whirly Meme

Please stop using meme weapons. The cane is the only weapon that actually requires player skill to use. Stop doing yourself a disservice by using a meme weapon that plays the game for you.
>>
>>323982841
camera getting stuck in the walls not a problem for you?
>>
Everyone has their strengths
I beat Laurance on my 3rd try, but I remember being decimated by Ebriatas.

BSB can forever eat a dick. I still tense up fighting him.
>>
>>323986459
I beat your mom with a whip
>>
File: 1442768047618.jpg (46KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442768047618.jpg
46KB, 848x480px
So what are the little blue guys?
Aliens? People that turned into little blue things?
>>
>>323986684
I have never in any playthrough, on any NG cycle, struggled with BSB. But Laurence consistently kicks my ass. Sometimes, I feel like BB difficulty works like that blue or yellow dress everyone was throwing a shit fit over, you're convinced X is hard and Y is easy, comment on it, others experienced the opposite and say as such, then both sides can't figure out how the others could be so wrong and retarded and argue about it.
>>
>>323986459
https://youtu.be/0AZ5XZHIDh0
>>
>>323986706
I know, she's been much happier since, she thanks you for making her feel like a woman again. That said, whip was a much weaker weapon in DaS than the Cane in BB.
>>
>>323986793
People who got turned into ayyyyyylmaos.
>>
I played Demon's Souls for the first time last month and beat most bosses in 1 try and every other boss in 2 or 3 tries. Experience with other Souls games certainly helped, but the main reason I could do it was because the game let me abuse grass. I didn't grind for grass, the amount I got from drops was more than enough to get me through each boss fight.
I haven't played Bloodborne, but as far as I know it doesn't limit healing items like Dark Souls does with Estus. For players like me whose main difficulty is running out of healing items I can see that helping them beat bosses in only a few tries.
The Estus system is still the best. It makes boss fights feel less cheesy and gives more satisfaction when you finally beat them.
>>
>>323982229
Most boss battles on YouTube

>player has a huge HP bar
>super edited
>co op
>Japanese mad skills
>>
>>323987014
I went with Belmont's Theme instead.
https://youtu.be/HkYkHgrMGF8?t=1m3s
My recording setup was shit back then.
>>
>>323982229
Ultimate faggot detected. I went over 5 for a few but all the reportedly hard ones I beat first or second time. I blasted O&S first time easily, Capra my second time, Father Gaswhatever first time.

Where did I have problems? That fire spider bitch raped my life. Probably 50 deaths there and nobody seems to have a problem with her. Also Unceasing Discharge or whatever was maybe 10-15 tries.

What really blew my mind was how many people summon. I have never summoned help in the entire series and I don't help others or pvp. I play online but alone which means I spent most of my time dead. If I get invaded I just walk up and let them kill me. I don't play to compete with spergs.
>>
Still can't beat Laurence, N++
I have been close but his final stage fucks my shit up
>>
File: 1450751755146.jpg (154KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
1450751755146.jpg
154KB, 550x450px
>>323982229
I beat a lot of the Bloodborne bosses on the first try. For any boss I didn't beat on the first try, it generally took maybe 5 attempts at most to beat.
It wasn't until the DLC were I started to die a ridiculous amount of times against bosses.
>>
>>323987593
>If I get invaded I just walk up and let them kill me.

Sorry bro but you are the ultimate faggot.
>>
>>323987818
It's kind of tricky to be just the right distance from him that you can easily dodge all his swipes, but still be close enough that you can dodge forward through his lava spit to get some hits in.

Still, best advice against him is to play defensively. And it's advice I hate to give, never enjoyed playing defensively in these games, but on Laurence you really do have to bait some attacks to get any decent openings.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 300x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 300x413px
>finally beat Rom today
>the comfy feeling of city is now replaced with dread
Amygdala have mercy on the poor bastard
>>
Anyone want to mess around, Chalice Dungeons, expansions, Nightmare realms for PvP, etc.

I'll be up for anything except Maria, it's a fight I believe should be done solo if it's at all feasible for you. Felt the same for Artorias and Sir Alonne.
>>
>>323987593
>If I get invaded I just walk up and let them kill me.
Confirmed shitter bg/10
>>
>>323987301
It has a compromise between grass and estus. You can only hold 20 blood vials unless you use a carryl rune (A ring basically) to increase it, but you can have as many as 200 blood vials, but you need to go back to the Hunter's dream for it to restock.

I think Blood Vials > Estus > Grass
>>
>>323987593
>Having trouble with Quelaag
Literally second timed her

O&S probably took me into the mid twenties though.
>>
>>323982229
Have you guys ever beat a boss on the first try and were like well that wasn't too bad, but then you fight them again either on a new playthrough or in a chalice dungeon and they rape you multiple times?
>>
>>323982994

i had trouble with BSB when i first tried because i was still in the dark souls mentality of LMAO 7 VIT

VIT is really important in BB i feel and i think every build should have 30 as a MINIMUM. even in the DLC and later chalice dungeons with 50 vit, things will still fuck you up
>>
>>323982229
if you've played souls games before, most bosses in bb are trivial. the dlc bosses are actually the only hard bosses in the game. i literally can't remember a hard fight in the original bloodborne.
>>
>>323988581
This is stupid. I beat DeS and DaS before Bloodborne and still had a tough time.
Gerhman > Gwyn
>>
>>323988564
Rom and Amygdala were like that for me. Ebrietas to a lesser extent, she was killed on my first attempt in NG and took me 5 or so attempts in NG+.
>>
>>323988564
Regular Watchdog was a pushover
Defiled Watchdog made me want to kill myself
>>
Only the faster, smaller bosses are even that hard. I mean getting summoned for The One Reborn with a Pizza Cutter is like free echoes. The only bosses that I had any trouble with were Father Gascoigne, Lady Maria, and Gehrman. And the Orphan of Kos, which actually made me insanely fucking butt frustrated.
>>
>>323988564
I beat the One Reborn in 1 or 2 tries my first 3 or 4 times fighting him, but last time it took me like 6 tries to get him. That was really irritating.
>>
File: 1450381586042.jpg (240KB, 800x758px) Image search: [Google]
1450381586042.jpg
240KB, 800x758px
>>323988581
I always thought Logarius was pretty tough, and the Loran Darkbeast is ridiculous for me.

When I first played it I died 3 times to Rom, though. A lot of people I know also struggled on her. Personally its my favorite fight in the game now that I got gud.

Laurence is the hardest fucking fight though, goddamn.
>>
>>323989001
what about Logarius?
I beat him on my 2nd try, but on every new character or new game cycle he fucking destroys me. I catch every single skull magic attack
>>
Nah I dropped all misconceptions of this after I watched DSP playthrough and beat logarius and multiple other bosses first try.
>>
>>323982229
It's hilarious how SoulsBorne fags just cannot comprehend the idea that some people might not have a hard time with these games.

It's basically a form of projection, with the mentality being, "I found this game super hard, and therefore nobody else can ever find it easy, and if they say they find it easy, they must be lying."

>Anon: "Man, this boss wasn't hard"
>SoulsBornefag: "You must have been overleveled"
>Anon: "No, I wasn't"
>SoulsBornefag: "Then you must have used coop"
>Anon: "No, I beat him myself"
>SoulsBornefag: "Then you must have used a guide"
>Anon: "No, I went in blind"
>SoulsBornefag: "Then you must have used [insert armor or weapon or spell or item that trivializes boss here]"
>Anon: "No, I didn't"
>SoulsBornefag: "Then you're lying"

I can't name any other fanbase with as many insecure faggots such as the SoulsBorne games.
>>
>>323988992
Watchdog is fun as fuck to fight though. It has nice obvious tells and as long as you're patient you can win just fine.
>>
>>323988564
literally the whole game for me
every boss I fought I would get him to 10-25% health on the first try every time and die due to something dumb like running out of vials
then I would think "oh well let's just go kill it" and then be unable to even get it to 50% sometimes
one reborn is the perfect example, first try I didn't know you could kill bell bitches and went in with 7 vials, still got it to 30% or so
then I died 2 more times for no reason
>>
>>323989459
>Coming into a thread to shitpost
I think you're the only insecure faggot here.
>>
>>323989423
Didn't he grind echoes forever? Didn't he look up guides? That's like his playthrough of DaS where a player gave him a Gravelord Sword +4 early on, and then he bragged about how easy the game got.
>>
I had a hell of a time with Paarl in NG and with Ludwig in NG+, but the latter I assume was because I was playing along with a NG player that was making him even more ridiculous without really contributing. I haven't gotten back into the DLC since, but I assume I'll have a rough time with Orphan and maybe Laurence.

The only enemy in the entire game that made me genuinely butt frustrated, though, was the fucking Bloody Crow of Cainhurst.
>>
>>323982229
Only boss that took me over 3 was Orphan, shit sucks. If you are decent at these games the bosses just stop challenging you when you figure out to dodge towards everything.
>>
>>323988042
I've tried that and I always end up fucking up somehow, I just gave up and made a new character so I'll face him in NG and maybe have more of a chance since from what I've seen from my friend's save he does less bullshit damage
>>
>>323989489
Once I learned the timing for the charge attack, it got better, but then he pulls out that jump attack sometimes at about half health and I could never figure out the timing for it.
If he didn't one/two shot me, I'd be way more okay with him.
>>
File: 1451413165713.jpg (432KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
1451413165713.jpg
432KB, 927x380px
>>323982229
>Beat Gascoigne 1st try during my 1st blind playthrough without knowing how to parry
>Took several tries to kill him during my 2nd playthrough trying to parry him n shit

Am i just shit at parrying?
>>
>>323982729
When he said "that boss" he meant everyone has that one boss that gives them trouble, not the one he posted.
>>
>>323988564
Absolutely, Logarious was easy as shit on my first playthough, I wondered what all the fuss was about. Then I tried it on another guy and got my ass blasted multiple times.

Honestly if you are decent at these games, it depends on weapon choice. Everything in the game was easy as shit with Ludwigs, yet when I ran through with the steak-dinner I got my ass wrecked by Amy, and other bosses that I one-shot with minimal effort.
>>
>>323989459
It's true that some people just find some bosses easy, while other's found them hard. Some people have trouble with Rom or One Reborn. I found both hilariously easy.

Some found Paarl to be a cakewalk, and he roflstomped my ass.
>>
>>323986793
People turned into ayylmaos to talk to the cthulus.
>>
>>323989459
I have 3 other friends who are super into these games like myself. Some of the greatest joy we get is comparing boss runs.

One friend died to the spider in demons souls a billion times, I one shot it.

I fucked up and died a handful of times on the gargoyles, he one shot them.

No butthurt, no excuses, gentle ribbing and some insight on how these games work.
>>
>>323989937
>roflstomped

Hey Grandpa how's 2006 going
>>
>>323989347
Beat him on my first try, but when I try to get summoned in for him I usually get ass reamed by skulls. I'm guessing I got mildly lucky in which attacks he used while I rammed my Holy Knockoff sword up his ass and vis attacked him.

Boss difficulty is also dependent on what weapon you are using, most strength weapons glue you in place as you swing them across a wide arc, while skill weapons have you chase them and stab your way inside them. So for boss' like Logarius or Reborn who don't move as much as Maria or Herman, you swing your weapon a mile away and then back up when they cast their AoE spell to get you away from them, which you're already at the edge of anyway. Whereas Maria, Herman and Crow will just TP spam away from your slow ass attack and then TP spam up to you.

>>323989937
Some of it is also just bad luck on what attack patterns you see. On my first run through Reborn he never vomited and used his Vein Shot once and I didn't even realize it did anything but make noise.

Personally the hardest enemies I ran into were those fucking brain Suckers in Upper Cathedral Ward, spamming paralysis in those hallways.
>>
>>323990134
Good, thanks. No SJWs over here, faggot.
>>
>>323989930
>>323989937

This. Basically, weapon/gear choices can often make certain bosses easy without realizing it.

For example, anyone who fought Artorias for the first time blind with a high stability shield the first time around might have had a cakewalk beating him, while others who entered two handing a weapon might get wrecked.

People seem to forget that the Souls/BB games have tons of RPG elements to it in that gear and weapon choices can oftentimes make a significant difference in how the battle goes.
>>
>>323988564
Chalice dungeon bosses have better AI and different movesets in some cases
>>
File: 1452041272713.png (199KB, 474x245px) Image search: [Google]
1452041272713.png
199KB, 474x245px
>>323982229
>have major issues with Dark Souls
>get Bloodborne
>1 try Cleric
>read everyone on /v/ has such a hard time with it
Weird feels.
>>
>>323982229
Just finished for the first time, r8 my death counts:

Cleric Beast: 0
Father Gascoigne: 0
Blood-starved Beast: 4
Vicar Amelia: 8
The Witch of Hemwick: 0
Darkbeast Paarl: 1
Shadow of Yharnam: 0
Martyr Logarius: 4
Amygdala: 0
Rom, the Vacuous Spider: 0
The One Reborn: 0
Celestial Emissary: 0
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos: 7
Micolash, Host of the Nightmare: 1
Ludwig: 6
Laurence, The First Vicar: 10
Living Failures: 1
Maria of the Astral Clocktower: 0
Orphan of Kos: 10
Mergo's Wet Nurse: 0
Gehrman, The First Hunter: 0
Moon Presence: 0
>>
>>323989796
Yes.
>>
>>323982994
BSB crushed my balls so hard that I never had a more frustrating encounter until Logarius. I'd always get careless and die to his instant kill, or get wrecked by his third phase.
>>
>Die to Gascoin almost twelve times my first playthrough
>Seven months of not playing the game later I beat him first try every time I try a new playthrough
I must have really good luck.
>>
>>323990248
>Beat him on my first try, but when I try to get summoned in for him I usually get ass reamed by skulls

It's lag most likely, try dodging a second earlier
>>
>found out that in Defiled Amygdala's 3rd phase(arms rip) you can stand directly under him and hit a sweet spot for high damage
>he'll just swipe in front of him or jump in the air
>he won't land on you if you stay perfectly still
>get him down to one hit away, decide to do a canon kill like some MLG faggot
>he jumps then, I wait
>lands right on me, kills me
>that was the 17th time I'd fought him
>grind my teeth audibly

I recorded it but it's on my Youtube channel and not gonna attention whore.
>>
>>323990360
And let's not forget that some people just end up with a setup worth speedrunning in out of sheer luck. Many DaS players got a BKS or BKH on their first black knight kill and bragged that the game was easy. Many BB players will end up playing with a very good saw cleaver build because it's one of the first weapons, never knowing that it's kind of the easiest weapon to beat the game with.
>>
>>323990443

Well, according to the OP's logic, you're a big fat liar.

Unless all of your boss fights took at least 30+ attempts to beat, then you're a liar.
>>
>>323990681
Hunter's Axe's reach and Spin2win let me blasted through my first playthrough. It's strength scaling is pretty decent and it's a pretty versatile.
>>
>>323982229
>There are people who summon for solo bosses on their first kill
>There are people who deny themselves the satisfaction of defeating a difficult boss in a game where the boss fights are a main feature
I'll never understand them. You wanna do co-op? Do so on ganksquad bosses, or on a 2nd playthrough. Don't deny yourself that first experience.
>>
>>323990443
I'm more worried about the fact that you and some other people actually bothered to tally up your actual death counts.
>>
>>323990681
I used Ludwigs on a first playthrough, same with the Greatsword in DS2. Little did I know they were going to be the easymode weapons. I just like greatswords.

I'm going to actively fight my desire for DS3, cause that company can't balance 2-handers for shit.
>>
> Cleric beast
First try ever. Although out of vials
> gascoigne
3rd
> bsb
Too many to count
> amelia
4-5
> Shadows
More than amelia
> hemwick witches
1st try
> Rom
Too many to count, 2 evenings
>One reborn
About 3 maybe
> wet nurse
About 3
> gehrman
2nd
> MP
2nd

> Ludwig
About 10
> living failures
> Maria
1st try
> orphan
Too many to count, my hardest so far
> laurence
About 10

Today I can 1st try anything
>>
>>323990798
Any of the ones past 1 are estimates.
>>
How many times did you anons die to that Hunter in the Grand Cathedral the first time you fought him?
>>
>>323982229
I strolled into Living Failures expecting the worst after reading all the horror stories on /v/. Never watched a guide. Never took a dry run. Just went right in solo, no npc summon, and one shot that shit.

I still see whining about that boss and can't help but wonder how they got that far in the game, but remain so terrible.
>>
File: 1452746798388.png (186KB, 250x398px) Image search: [Google]
1452746798388.png
186KB, 250x398px
>>323991076
>tfw never fought him and fought Eileen instead
>tfw had to kill Eileen my favourite hoonter

Guess im going to kill him in NG+
>>
the only enemy i would be skeptical about people saying they one-shotted would be the bloody crow. his moveset is the closest shit to artifical difficulty i could find in the game.
>>
>>323991163
I waltzed into that shit not knowing it was a boss with 7 vials and still came out alright. If you've killed 4kids you will have no issue with the weaker version of it.
>>
>>323988060
you can always come back to the lake to chill under a normal moon
>>
>>323991076
>>323991226
>>323991245
>didn't fight Eilen, Grand Cathedral Hunter, or the Bloody Crow on my first playthrough

I didn't really skip much either, it was a regular playthrough.
>>
I feel like what it often boils down to in From games is that they can be easy. If you want them to. You can alwyas get gear better suited to the task, use items and status effects, grind a bit, adapt your playstyle, anything of the sort, to trivialize any encounter. But for me at least, I find myself caring more about the method than the results. I -could- get a real weapon to fight 2kats in DaS2. But I want to beat them with dual cestus. So I keep trying like that until I succeed.
>>
File: 1412522081480.gif (2MB, 336x167px) Image search: [Google]
1412522081480.gif
2MB, 336x167px
>>323983218
>mfw fighting amygdala and ebrietas with the bowblade
>>
>>323991163
living failures is one of those bosses that can just kill you with stupid shit sometimes

I had to fight them a few times because I'd get clipped by a projectile in the back and knocked into one of the flailing idiots and wombo combo'd down from full health sometimes, or some other unbelievably stupid shit would happen that I just had to shrug and accept. They're slow, easy, parryable, and can be backstabbed, shit can just decide to go south sometimes.
>>
File: 12341341.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
12341341.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>323982229
Bloodborne was ez pz compared to any of the other Souls game, the only bosses I had a problem with were either Defiled or the two hard ones from the DLC.
>>
>>323983218
range is always broken in souls games. it's why I plan on being mostly ranged DPS in DS3.
>>
File: NsGXOoS.png (753KB, 750x645px) Image search: [Google]
NsGXOoS.png
753KB, 750x645px
>>323992963
In no moment does the game get Iron Keep-tier hard, outside of the DFC Chalices.
>>
>>323986623
Not him, but it was a problem for me, the thing is though his damage on NG is just so low that its totally trivial.
>>
>>323991163
A lot of people get carried through the game via co-op and then when talking about it act like they didn't.

I know a friend of mine who played through BB long before I did talked about how good he felt finishing the game and overcoming the challenge, etc,... It was his first From game so I know it's pretty rewarding when you git gud and finish the game. Got a PS4 and BB myself a few weeks ago and came to found out that not only did he use the old dupe glitch to level himself up to 100 before even fighting the first boss, but he also co-oped every chance he could and still struggled beating the game. He still hasn't beaten Ludwig despite buying the DLC the day it came out, and even when co-oping he sucks so terribly that he basically has to be carried entirely by whoever he's co-oping with.
>>
>>323993075
>range is always broken in souls games

They've basically made four games already where ranged combat (whether archery, throwing item spam or magic) completely destroys bosses.

Then again, I can't really name a workaround for the games.

Balancing ranged combat in other action-RPGs like Monster Hunter is easier, because in Monster Hunter, being a gunner means that your defense is literally halved. So if an up-close blademaster has 700 points of defense on average, the long-distance gunner will have about 300 points of defense on average. So there's always a risk associated with being a ranged combat user.

I don't know how the hell ranged combat can be balanced for SoulsBorne. I guess one way would be to give bosses super quick gap-closing attacks that punish spammy ranged combat.
>>
>>323993828
In MH, ranged weapons are still stupidly broken in multiplayer. 4 gunners make short work of anything, whereas 4 blademasters still have the potential to fuck up and triple cart.

The only real way to balance ranged in these games is reduce its damage output, but that's just making it weak and frustrating to play.
>>
File: 1379092733053.jpg (167KB, 731x1158px) Image search: [Google]
1379092733053.jpg
167KB, 731x1158px
>kill Cleric Beast in two tries
>kill Gascoigne in three or so tries
>kill Witches in one try
>take around 20 tries to beat BSB
At that point I questioned my arcane/skill build.
>>
>>323994032
Throw blood cocktail in corner
Eat Beast Pellet and apply Fire Paper
Repeat until SLAUGHTERED
>>
>>323994019
Well yeah, anything can be broken very easily in multiplayer even with half competent fools playing, but in single player, I think the risk and rewards of being a gunner are very well balanced.
>>
File: 1387231853118.jpg (109KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1387231853118.jpg
109KB, 400x400px
>Fight Moon Presence
>Keep dying
>Think "Wow, this fight is bullshit, he can one-shot me from full health with 50 vitality!"
>Look up his moveset
>He only reduces you to 1 health
>Chikage was killing me every time
>>
>>323982994
that's what's funny about souls games. a boss might give you trouble but for someone else it was a walk in the park and vice versa.
>>
>>323994347
The idea is that multiple gunners is way, way better than multiple blademasters. But you're right, gunning is fairly balanced in solo play. I don't like it much though so I don't have as much experience, it might be easier if I had more hours played with it.
>>
>>323982229

I legit no joke have still not died to Cleric Beast. Gascoigne fucked me up first 3 tries then I actually bothered to attempt to parry him which made him a joke.

Subsequently every other boss in the game except Ebretias, Defiled Watch Dog, Ludwig and Orphan of Kos became incredibly predictable and easy to counter.
>>
>>323992963
It's easy because you're experienced with other souls games. A new player jumping in would have a harder time fighting through hordes of enemies & then attempting to kill something like Cleric Beast with no idea how to level up or upgrade their weapons.
>>
>>323982229
Only bosses that took me more than one try was Shadows of Yharnam, Logarius, Headless Bloodletting Beast, and Defiled Watch Dog.

I beat Logarius in two, Shadows in two, Defiled in four, and Headless, I don't know, that took me like 15 tries.
>>
what's the most bullshit boss in this game and why is it Rom?
>>
>>323994690
ok
>>
>>323994882

Yep
>>
>>323982229
>So insecure he can't accept some people didn't find the game that hard.
I never died more then 7 times to like 2 bosses and beat a majority of the main game on my first try. The only boss i died double digits too was Laurence like 15 times. And that was on a shit build. I used my str arc build and it took 2 tries.

Orphan
Ludwig
Headless BLB
Paarl

Only bosses that took more then 3 tries and pretty much everything else i beat on my first or second try. Orphan is literally the only boss that remains challenging at this point to me. Laurence and Ludwig can still be scary and Headless is a cunt.

I guess its just cus BB felt like a dumbed down Ninja Gaiden at its core to me more so then a Souls game. And i was able to beat MNM so it wasn't that hard.

Great game though its mildly challenging , has a great world , best lore in the series and the gameplay is fluid and it doesn't feel like i was trying to fight the controls where as sometimes it did in Souls games or just how clunky they were.

Easily my GOTY 2015 too. But super hard? No not even notable but it isn't a game to sleep on like you can't die to 1-2 mistakes.
>>
>>323994871
Rom is piss fucking easy, Headless Bloodletting is the most bullshit by leagues. His hitboxes are DaS2 broken, he has ridiculous reach with the charge punch, and is incredibly erratic.
>>
>>323983340
kek, m8, that isnt I wanna be the guy.

Or the prinny series.

DMC aint shit compared to ghosts n' goblins
>>
>People who had trouble with Cleric/Gassy

Man i wish i had trouble with tutorial bosses. Cleric teaches you how to roll under shit and get behind big enemies and Gassy is just a parry tutorial.

I honestly wish the whole game had bosses are challenging as Ludwig/The Orphan. So many bosses felt like throwaways even the first time.
Pretty much every main game boss besides Gassy Vicar BSB Shadows Ebrietas and Gherman felt far too easy.

Micolash The Witches and The emissary just made me scratch my head and say "what that really worth a trophy or being a boss"
>>
>>323983340
Silver surfer NES.
Im 21.
>>
>>323995067
>Fight regular BLB the first time
>HAHA THIS FUCKER IS SAD EZ AF
>He has 10% life left
>Knocks me full screen
>Does dash punches 3x in a row and its hard af to dodge them for me since he didn't use em at all before hand
>Keep chugging and my eyes bulging with rage.

Honestly 2.0 would be easier if you could fucking see. Once he gets mid screen if you lock on or don't its pure legs and its annoying af. He took me like 5-7 tries and i felt like i should've died at all.

I'd probably do better now but i haven't went into the chalices at all for the most part past my first.
>>
>>323995308
The majority of people who played BB didn't even play past Gascoigne, I'd imagine because they died tons of times to Cleric and Gascoigne that they just eventually quit when they finally beat Gascoigne.
>>
>>323990783
its like having sex for the first time
>>
>>323995448
I never could get that leg strat to work, he'd just turn with me and eventually do a groundpound with the fucked up camera that I couldn't see and the hitbox would extend somehow behind him and kill me instantly.

Eventually I just got lucky and beat him. It was pure rage, especially when he charges like 3/4 of that rectangular room, and then all of a sudden worm head is flipping it's shit like man all over the damn place, then he immediately follows it up with another charge into a crazy flail.
>>
>>323995504
>I had a friend who literally used the get Gassy stuck behind tombstones trick to beat him

Pretty fucking sad i didn't play any Souls games before BB and he was a veteran player who played DaS1/2 in depth not DeS doe.

I don't even use vials on Gassy anymore. Just parry him until hes about to transform , parry him one last time , kill him well hes transforming or hes like 1 hit away.

Hes just a tutorial boss and his parry windows are fucking gigantic. It gets alittle annoying when he decides to shoot at you like 10 times at absurdly close ranges but its nothing but a farce.
>>
File: 1421920697234.jpg (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1421920697234.jpg
39KB, 512x512px
>>323982229
>30 tries
if it takes you this much to beat any boss in any videogame in any difficulty you must have some kind of autism
>>
>>323995682
I didn't even bother parrying him. Hell I didn't bother parrying the entire game until I got to the beefed up Blood-Starved in the Chalice Dungeons, just because I couldn't deal with his poison with Blades of Mercy.

Hell I rarely parry in Souls games period in PvE, I just get in there and go to town.

I beat Gascoigne first try, granted I wasted half my vials, but now, yeah I'm with you, I don't even use vials or anything against him, just beat him down.
>>
>discuss Hard Game in video game community
>that one guy: "LOL HARD GAME IS NOT HARD AT ALL FAGGOT I BEAT IT WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING MY CONTROLLER OR LOOKING AT MY SCREEN GIT GUD KID"

>every video game community
/v/ is especially full of these faggots, however
>>
>>323982229
>>323995843
maybe you just suck have you thought about that?
>>
>>323995652
Real talk i was so mad at those 5 or so times i had to retry him that i lost to the Queen 3 times and she admittedly pretty fucking simple. I should've taken a break he broke finally finishing the chalice quest for me.
>>
>>323995952
then there's this guy

every time

every thread
>>
>>323995843
With Souls games I think it's just that people over level/gear their first time through. And you know 9 out of 10 of these faggots are following a guide. It took me longer to find each boss than it did ti beat most of them. But I've only gotten a far as Paarl, responsibilities is the real boss
>>
>>323995843
No one is saying that, we're saying OP is grossly exaggerating how hard Souls games, especially Bloodborne is.

They're not hard games, it's all just circle strafing and dodging/rolling. Instead of running like a retard with autism.
>>
>>323995993
I'm in the same position, I fought him so many times that I keep trying to same against the Queen and my brain is just absolutely taking a shit in any method of recognizing her obviously blood shit.

It's why I'm taking a break before I go back to her and finish her off. I got her to 20% of so first try and my brain just completely derped hard remembering getting HBLB to 20% and him freaking his shit.

Reminds me of Riku in Hollow Bastion in KH1 when I was a kid, just sheer rage, playing that after all these years, piss easy.
>>
>>323995784
Not OP but you should try games like DMC1/3 and NG2/NGB on DMD/MNM before you say that. Usually its the case but there are some genuinely hard bosses/difficulties out there.

BB has nothing warranting 30 deaths though.
>>
File: 1452356488112.png (1MB, 800x914px) Image search: [Google]
1452356488112.png
1MB, 800x914px
I beat the MP at level 145. How ashamed of that should I be?
>>
File: 1324603121001.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1324603121001.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>323996081
>They're not hard games
To an autistic manchild that has been playing games for 40 years like yourself, they won't be hard to you, but that doesn't classify them any less as hard games.

This is the point most of you fail to understand.
>>
File: cleric beast.png (1MB, 1256x1387px) Image search: [Google]
cleric beast.png
1MB, 1256x1387px
>>323982229
This is low quality bait. But I'd love to discuss some Bloodborne.

Whats your favorite set? I use Pappa G's hat, the crow chest armor, and the Charred Hunter gloves and pants.
>>
>>323996045
I was level 71 when I beat the game, 87 when I finished the chalice dungeons and 90 when I finished the DLC, I'd say that's pretty average honestly.

Also how did it take you that long to find all the bosses? It's the most linear Souls game by far, not to say that's bad, but it is.
>>
>>323996279
Very, you should be like Lv. 85 when you beat the game. But at least you beat it, honestly you reach the hard caps for things in the 80s anyways, so whatever you put stats into for the extra 60 levels wouldn't have mattered much.
>>323996285
I've only been playing for 20 years since I was 5, and even then, it's not hard. I'm pretty much a retard and I can beat the game no problem. I understand someone not understanding to button check like half the teens out there that don't realize you can jump in Super Mario Bros. But anybody that has ever touched a controller or games on average in their life wouldn't have a problem with Bloodborne whatsoever.

They really aren't hard games, everything about their mechanics are incredibly simple.

Oh the boss is swinging? Dodge.
Oh I took damage? Rally or Heal.
Oh the boss is shooting magic? Dodge.

Like it's the most basic of concepts in a game. It's like adding 1+1.
>>
File: 1448084383650.png (18KB, 464x485px) Image search: [Google]
1448084383650.png
18KB, 464x485px
>>323996649
You're a moron.

By your logic, no game is hard.

>Boss is attacking me? SHOOT AT IT
>Took damage? HEAL
>Something happened? PRESS BUTTON
>>
>>323996957
Yes, games aren't hard Anon. They're meant for children. They have very basic systems and mechanics. If you have the ability to learn, you have the ability to do it.

Also you basically described video games in a nutshell, but I'm going to assume this is you.

>Boss is attack me? Do nothing and die
>Took damage? Don't heal and die
>Something happened? Do nothing and die
>WOW THIS IS HARD
>>
File: 1444666457928.jpg (58KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1444666457928.jpg
58KB, 450x443px
>>323997207
Thank you for reminding me there actually exists people as fucking dumb as you. Good night.
>>
>>323997314
Enjoy claiming a game is hard when it's not because basic common sense goes over your head.
>>
File: 6Vq0D2U.jpg (474KB, 2048x1529px) Image search: [Google]
6Vq0D2U.jpg
474KB, 2048x1529px
>Any DaS discussion
>Some fag claims he played blind

Why do you lie /v/?
>>
>>323996313
Cainhurst helm, executioners torso, white or constable gloves, and white church dress. The most pure and dapper of all secret ayylamaos.
>>
>Bloodborne
>Hard

Someone please tell me what is so hard about Bloodborne? I'd legit like to know.
>>
>>323997562
Do you use wiggly fingers?
>>
>>323997456

That's actually pretty neat, I want to know more about that condition
>>
>>323997864
>I want to know more about that condition
Be a hiker and don't wear shoes.
>>
>>323997864
Its called being a homeless person in a city
>>
>>323997864
Those are calluses on your feet Anon, they're just dirty from walking on asphalt or from hiking.
>>
File: 1452728927657.jpg (319KB, 898x596px) Image search: [Google]
1452728927657.jpg
319KB, 898x596px
>>323997456
A played both II and Bloodborne on day one, so they were mainly blind aside from what I saw in the trailers and small gameplays.

Spent so long trying to figure out where to go after Amelia.
>>
>there are people in this thread who used the bells to summon a companion to beat some bosses.

Jesus Christ!
>>
>>323996350
>I was level 71 when I beat the game
Whether or not other people complete it around the same range is irrelevant, the whole point of leveling up is to reduce the difficulty. Same with upgrading gear.

>Also how did it take you that long to find all the bosses?

I like to explore, and the choices I made often took me through shortcuts just in front of the bosses. Then there was all the backtracking to see if I could get in some way that was blocked before. Not saying I took hours, but the game is practically a maze if you don't know what order to do things in & are trying not to miss anything optional without flat out reading a guide.
>>
>>323982229
Bloodborne is my first Souls game and the only bosses that took me more than three tries were Gascoigne (10+), Rom (7 before I called bullshit and got friends to help me) and Martyr Logarius (like 7, utterly destroyed him when I did manage to beat him). I beat several on my first try (Cleric, BSB, Paarl, Witches, Micolash, Emissary, Amygdala). I've attempted Ludwig like ten times so far and keep getting rekt.
>>
>>323996313
>Cainhurst helm
>Knight top
>Cainhurst gloves
>Cainhurst leggings

ALL HAIL THE VILEBLOOD QUEEN
>>
>>323999208
More like the vampire jelly queen
>>
>>323999771
WRETCHED EXECUTIONER SCUM
>>
>>323984029
My second play through I used the hammer BSB didn't even get a hit on me.
>>
File: owl.webm (227KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
owl.webm
227KB, 480x480px
>tfw got wrecked by the shadow snake gank squad over a dozen times
>>
>die to Rom, Micolash and fucking Cleric beast like 6 times
>kill Gehrman, Martyr, Gascoigne, BSB on my first try

It's kinda funny.
>>
File: HERESY.png (272KB, 299x384px) Image search: [Google]
HERESY.png
272KB, 299x384px
>>323999876
Take your blood shit elsewhere vilefaggot
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.