[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's up with this game? Surely it can't be that bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 43

So what's up with this game? Surely it can't be that bad.
>>
I've beaten every single pokemon game, even if it was rushed just to beat it. I only got like halfway through this before I stopped completely.
>>
>>323529210
It isn't. It's just more pokemon. Every pokemon is the same fucking shit, nostalgiafags are just fucking idiots
>>
File: 1413156822049.png (460KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
1413156822049.png
460KB, 600x554px
Pt > BW2 > BW > HGSS > E > XY > ORAS > C > GS > RS > DP > Y > RB
>>
File: 1381286456396.jpg (65KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1381286456396.jpg
65KB, 380x380px
>>323529731
>Platinum
>>
ORAS is a great game imo. As far as I know, it has the most available Pokemon so for Des completionfags like me it's great. However, it's end fake content being limited to the Maison again is a slight problem, esoecially considering some of the older games had great contents post game. Namely HGSS with the Pokeathelon and Battle Frontier which was imo, the best game made
>>
dex search is one of the best features they've ever implemented, so you know they're going to take it out in the next game. enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
It's one of the hardest modern Pokemon games yet.

The Gym leaders have over three Pokemon! They're a bitch to beat since you have to fight three in a row, it's almost impossible.
>>
They removed the Battle Frontier, literally the best part of Emerald, for no fucking reason.
It's baby-tier easy and I waited for it for a god damn decade and it was horrible.
>>
>>323530109
You've got to admit the whole Delta Episode end game was great.
>>
>>323531978
>ORAS
>hard

do you have an IQ of 70?
>>
>>323529210
It's actually very, very well done. The addition of Zinnia's story and the expansion of the original story make it one of the best.
X and Y's story still beats it imo, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 500x669px
It's just the same game again andmturn guess people are starting to get tired of it.
I loved emerald, enjoyed leaf green, couldn't be bothered to finish soul silver and barely touched Pokemon X.
The games just don't change enough between entries.
>>
File: 9nohQh4[1].jpg (12KB, 478x361px) Image search: [Google]
9nohQh4[1].jpg
12KB, 478x361px
>>323532232
>>
Apparently pokemonfags didn't like that there was no Battle Frontier, but I always ignored those Battle things anyway, so I liked that this had the Delta Episode instead.
>>
>>323532334
nothing goes over me, my reflexes are too quick
>>
>>323532303
oomf
>>
File: orasinfograph.jpg (2MB, 2526x2510px) Image search: [Google]
orasinfograph.jpg
2MB, 2526x2510px
>>323529210
>Surely it can't be that bad.

nah

they can
>>
>>323529210
Because it goes steps back.

X and Y was shit, but they had good improvements like puting pokemon center and market in the same building.
Also the way you could customize your own character was just great! I have no idea why that wasn't included in ORAS.

Also getting legendaries was just beyond retarded.
But in ORAS they just throw them at you like there's no tomorrow. They don't feel legendary at all.

Also just getting gifted with that one legendary is just dumb.
>>
Between this and Emerald, which is the better game? Not for it's time, but right now. Which one is the version to play?
>>
>>323533287
I'd say stick to emerald. This is the perfect example of gameplay over graphics.
>>
>>323532719

>HG/SS
>Game corner is released with an interesting minigame

I like HG / SS but let's not go overboard with praising the Voltorb mini-game. At level 5 it can become REAL bullshit even with using the online solver.

With that said ORAS was a bit of a disappointment. Should have had the Battle Frontier.

People can try to defend ORAS with 'they're R/S remakes' but the fact it incorporates so much shit from Emerald and onwards means it's just an excuse for Gamefreak to be lazy.

Also what the fuck was with all the legendaries and free latias / latios? Jesus christ talk about casualization.
>>
>>323533287
I would say Emerald, definitely. Which breaks my fuckin heart.
>>
>>323533287

Emerald
>>
File: 1451802533795.jpg (126KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1451802533795.jpg
126KB, 480x608px
>>323529210
My first Pokemon game ever was Pokemon Ruby. I fucking LOVED Pokemon Ruby. I literally clocked over 500 hours into it, I have no fucking idea what the hell I did but it's there. I tend to replay it every 2 years.

Omega Ruby sucks big time. It really, really does. I honestly can't stand it. It's so fucking easy. It's been streamlined and modernized even more. The models are gross/unpleasant.

They fucked up big time.
>>
>>323530435
They take everything good out of every game.
>>
-no battle frontier (huge loss)

-no gym leader rematch

-easier overall

these are the main problems

As someone who's favorite is emerald, the lack of battle frontier killed my interest for it and I still havn't played it. That's hundereds of hours of gameplay gone in exchange for a 1.5 hour episode delta and the maison which is a really shitty and limited version of the BF

if you don't care about the battle frontier it's a good remake, otherwise stay away
>>
After FR/LG and HG/SS, people were expecting the base game with some neat things added on. Instead we got the base game but ever-so casualized. Additionally, unlike other remakes they made no attempts to change the game for the better. The overworld still looked disgusting. There are still framerate drops during battles.
Things like Granite Cave, Safari Zone, and Contests were changed for the worst also.
Redesigns of characters were hit or miss, most missing.
Delta episode was awful until the climax which was leaked months before launch.
New megas introduced are not compatible with X/Y
>>
>>323533287
emerald no contest

unless you want online of course
>>
>>323534110
>New megas introduced are not compatible with X/Y
And this is what I just can't understand. This is the first Generation that actually got patches through the nintendo shop. Would it have been so hard to just patch the megas into X/Y?
I think mega evolution are bullshit, but still, I'm asking myself why the hell not?
>>
>>323534318
OR/AS is a disaster, so was X/Y but not as big

only Z can save gen 6 in the same way emerald and platinum saved their gens
>>
>>323529210
People try to illude themselves that games outside Platinum had good postgames.

>>323532719
>posting pictures that literally lie
>>
>>323534110
The redesigns are fpretty annoying. It worked for HG/SS because you literally had shitty gbc sprites to work off but here it felt like they were trying to make a new game with Emerald as a base. Made even worse by the "new" characters like Zinnia who made the game even worse.
>>
I wouldn't have such a big problem with OR/AS if the games weren't so fucking easy, not once did i game over not once did i lose a pokemon battle

Pokemon fainted sure but i never whited out it's not fun when i can spam the same move and one shot everything

I'm no nostalgia fag but i miss back when the games actually were hard or at the very least not mindless
>>
>>323534601
Their justification is that it is a different dimension, one where things like mega stones exist. It's still pretty fucking dumb, and I will never not hate Zinnia. It probably was never a question but I really hope we don't get an Emerald remake because you just know that she would be a main character. I wanted to snap her head off in the hour we had with her, I can't imagine her being in the whole game.
>>
The game became 3000% better once I found out there was a big tits mod
>>
>>323534110
But HGSS and especially FRLG were also the base game but ever-so casualized.
Hell while HGSS makes you face an improved Miltank with Scrappy and ORAS makes it impossible to get Sableye before Brawly, FRLG is still the only game where Charmander learns Metal Claw specifically to beat Brock.
>>
>>323529346
ruby and sapphire are my favourite games, I said fuck it to this game too
>>
They will never fix Skamory.
Ever since X/Y had those shitty useless air battles, a bunch of Pokemon models have been altered and nobody seems to care. Xatu is another one who suffers from this.

They need to address this problem.
>>
>>323534582
>emerald
>HG/SS
>B2/W2

>bad post game
>>
>>323534821
You got me there, but at least they just didn't fucking hand you a Lati@s halfway through the game. That on top of things I already mentioned and others like the EXP-All just damper the experience. I know you can box the lati@s and turn off the EXP-All, but the idea that they are there at all just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
>>
So the game's easy and the post game is shit. Would using one of the rom hacks that increases the difficulty redeem the game in any way or is it fucked beyond repair?
>>
>>323534973
Let's see.
Emerald
>Battle Tower clone like ORAS
>legendaries like ORAS
>gym leader rematches(lacking why??)
>nothing else

>HGSS
>Kanto(LOL. Like 1 hour longer than Delta Episode)
>same copypasted Battle Tower clone that doesn't even give me new toys to play with
>worst gym rematches ever with shit challenge times and max levels that barely reach the levels of some random Magma Grunts
>legendaries

>BW2
>Battle Tower clone
>another Battle Tower clone, but easier and shorter. Literally completed in an afternoon
>Black/White Tower: run through some easy trainers for a free shiny Pokemon
>legendaries

ORAS
>Battle Tower clone, copypasted from XY. At least here you have new toys to play with, the new megas
>Delta Ep(LOL. Short and easy but gives you a chance to get a previously event-only Pokemon)
>legendaries

Literally all the same shit.
>>
>>323534110
These are my thoughts exactly.
My friend gets butthurt whenever I bring it up. HGSS had content from all three Gen 2 games, and more, but ORAS was just Ruby and Sapphire, with content taken out and replace with new things, most of which were bad changes, and none of the changes made in Emerald were in the fucking game.
>but they were remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald! :^)
HGSS had content from Crystal, those games went above and belong the amount of content it probably should of had, ORAS is severely lacking in comparison, it's fucking ridiculous that people forgive it, even though HGSS came out only a few years before.
>You just hate fun!
I had fun with my first run of ORAS, in fact, I do with every Pokemon game I ever play for the first time, it's not until I beat it that I realize how bad it really was, and ORAS is the worst game yet. I have so ridiculously high hopes for the next game, I think it will only leave me more disappointed.
I hope the long break between the release of a new Pokemon game this time around, means that they understand their previous 2 titles were lacking, and that they're hoping to knock our fucking socks off with their next game, I really do.
>>
>>323535042
Well yeah, but at least they're stuck with their shit moves until the endgame. I find "get a free legendary after the first gym" much worse, even if it was for a limited time.
>>
File: laughing hd.jpg (422KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
laughing hd.jpg
422KB, 3840x2160px
>>323535905
>content from Crystal
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 293x199px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 293x199px
>playing through the game with a rock head head smash Aron
>>
File: 1450769359794s.jpg (3KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1450769359794s.jpg
3KB, 122x125px
>play soul silver
>every gym leader expect the first one and the fighting gym has been kicking my ass.
>mfw im stuck on the steel gym

i feel fuck ashamed. im trying to level a full team instead of just focus on 2 pokemons this time but god damn. this is pretty hard.
>>
At least they kept Steven as the champion and held that faggot Wallace in the 8th gym.
>>
>>323533946
>first game was ruby
>hasn't maxed the clock on every Pokemon game

Fucking under aged casual scum you don't have grounds to hold an opinion
>>
>gym leader rematch

never heard of this. is gym leaders stronger than before or just level with you?
>>
>>323536507
>playing Delta Episode
>oh great, I need Wallace to open the Sky Tower. He'd better not try to grab my dick or something
>BATTLE ME BEFORE I OPEN IT
>do so
>this fucker doesn't even have the common courtesy to heal my mons afterward, making me have to fly back to a town and come back
Fuck Wallace.
>>
>>323533946
This. I just wish my game didn't come with the internal battery dry.
>>
All of the 3DS pokemon games are shit desu

All of the soul has been sucked out of them

Also Mega evolutions are gay
>>
>>323534962
>nobody seems to care
Do you not ever look at Pokemon discussions online? Tons of people bitch about that.
>>
>You have to watch the Lati transform every single damn time you use the Eon flute
>No option to skip
Why?
>>
Is it really that bad? I've had it sitting on my shelf since it came out because I haven't had time, and I thought I'd play it before Z comes out whenever.
>>
>>323537468
>Really liked the flying stuff
>Can only fly on Mega Latias/Latios (They look the fucking same, anyway.)
>Empty as fuck and no real point to ever using it
>>
>>323537686
ORAS is basically RS with new battle mechanics and a bit easier (even if you don't use exp share/free lati@s), so while I would overall say it's better than RS, it still pales in comparison to Emerald since they didn't add Emerald's revamped gym teams and Battle Frontier. I wouldn't say it's outright bad, just a waste of potential. Since you already own it, you may as well play it when you have time.
>>
>>323538704
Yeah, guess I'll try and play it when I find time between classes. I did start it up already, wasted time doing the mini-games even though the main game really doesn't require any of that.
>>
>>323529731
>Platinum at top
Objectively right.
>>
>>323529210
It's not that it's bad, it's just that it barely improves on RSE (if at all, you could make the case that Emerald is better in terms of amount of content and difficulty)

This is especially bad because 3rd gen is probably the most widely emulated and hacked out of the whole series. Ruby and Sapphire with an XY skin just really isn't worth the trouble or the cash when you've played both Ruby and Sapphire in their original form, as well as Emerald, an Emerald Nuzlocke, a hack with stronger enemies, a randomized version, an edgy teenager's shitty romhack, touhoumon, etc.

The new PokeNav stuff was genius though, too bad that it will never come back because Game Freak loves abandoning their best ideas.
>>
>>323529210
It isn't, it's the same shit as always. If you enjoy pokemon then you'll enjoy this.
>>
>>323529346
I got up until the 6th or 7th gym. I kept exp. share turned off and tried to not let my pokemon get overleveled, but I realized that Hoenn just isn't a fun region save for a few exceptions. The nerfed trainers and gym leaders just made it worse.
>>
Game Freak doesn't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>323535826
>>nothing else
besides the rest of the battle frontier
>>
>>323539829
>Game Freak loves abandoning their best ideas.

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS
>>
>>323529731
Any good hacks of BW/BW2 without bugs? I like HGSS more but the seasons feature appeals to me, I wanted to play StormSilver of whatever it's called but I'm autistic for bugs, currently playing Perfect SoulSilver (SS with all mons and some little trainer tweaks, probably bugless)
>>
>>323541608
>Battle Tower clone like ORAS
And don't even try to imply that despite the bigger variety getting the symbols and the trophies isn't the same fucking thing.
>>
>>323541680
Except it's not you clearly never played Emerald
>>
>>323541831
Sure, sure. Whatever you say.
>>
>>323532719
I even had casual friends telling me the game felt brain-dead easy.
Goddamn GameFreak.
>>
>>323541972
great retort you've really shown great conviction in your argument
>>
>>323534318
>I'm asking myself why the hell not?
Well what earns them more money? Free patch or you buying new game to be relevant online? They care about money, not about you, which is why I sold X/Y and got back to HGSS but I'm not even playing it anymore, the only pokemon games I'm interested in are Pokemon Go and maybe Blue that's coming out in february for VC.
>>
>>323542072
As opposed of your amazing argument composed of "you never played emerald hurr durr"?
>>
File: 1452406638655.jpg (38KB, 348x346px) Image search: [Google]
1452406638655.jpg
38KB, 348x346px
>>323541982
That's what happens when you take a game already made for kids and then dumb it down even further.
>>
>>323542193
Why do I need to bother explaining why you're wrong when you call the entirety of the battle frontier a battle tower clone when in 2 of the facilities you don't even have to fight any trainers to progress. It's blatantly obvious you don't have any idea what you're talking about
>>
File: 1449664494199.png (660KB, 1130x590px) Image search: [Google]
1449664494199.png
660KB, 1130x590px
>>323529210
It isn't. /vp/ is just full of autists at the moment.

Get Omega Ruby though, Team Magma is the better evil team. Team Aqua are more your misguided friends.
>>
>>323542357
>despite the bigger variety
Learn to fucking read before posting.
>>
>>323542390
>autists
Nice argument, shit-eater.
/vp/ is full of ORAS apologists, it's the only reason people still post ORAS threads there, they know people will take the bait.
>>
>>323542423
>2 of the facilities you don't even have to fight any trainers to progress
Why don't you learn to read
>>
>>323533287
Still Emerald. Even if you're a graphicsfag you're going to enjoy it much more since it actually runs on a smooth framerate
>>
>>323542669
>smooth framerate
That doesn't mean much when the game still feels slow as shit.
But yeah it's still the best Gen III experience.
>>
>>323542546
>variety
>variety
>VARIETY
Again, learn to read. I said BT clone and then i claimed variety, but i never fucking said all the structures are the same. Get your head out of your ass and try to comprehend what other people are saying before responding.

They all have the same purpose: fight and proceed into doing X or Y, fight a boss after a certain number of Z, get a symbol/trophy.
This is what i wanted you to understand from the first post which you would have if you weren't dumb.
>>
>>323541647
>Pokewalker is gone
>Battle Frontier keeps disappearing
>Super Training will probably be gone in 7th gen
>Roller skates are gone in ORAS for no fucking reason
>X and Y remain the only games with trainer customization
>Pokeathlon is gone
>Contests have been casualized for no reason
>Pokemon don't follow you around except in HGSS
>>
>>323534192
Not even online is a good reason to get ORAS nowadays since the game will be soon rendered obsolete with Z and its new Megas
>>
>>323542840
plus you can just go to a battle sim online
>>
>>323542787
Are you deliberately being stupid because you're one of those autists that refuses to stop replying when they've been proved wrong? Unless I have severe down's syndrome the idea of a battle tower is to see how many trainers you can beat. The battle pyramid and pike are literally the exact opposite of that, that's not a clone it's an antithesis
>>
>>323540098
Lel, they nerfed the trainers and the gyms?

Sapphire and Ruby were easy enough in the first place, pokemon games haven't been hard since red/blue and silver/gold tbhfam
>>
>>323542779
Gen 3 are literally the fastest Pokemon games. If you mean the gameplay in general then yeah, no shit. jRPGs are fairly slow in general.
>>
>>323542475
Haha okay nerd
>>
>>323543103
Emerald was pretty difficult
but yeah all the gym leaders are missing pokemon compared to Emerald, and they're all deleveled so you can enjoy fighting a level 12 Nosepass with your just-evolved Grovyle without even grinding
>>
>>323543152
They sure as hell don't feel fast. Then again my memory could be skewed by playing at 2x speed all the time.
>>
>>323543236
yeah i forgot about emerald, i remember that one being a lot harder for some reason

that endgame tower where everyone had lvl 100 pokemon raped my shit, i could never beat it
>>
File: ultimate bait.gif (571KB, 199x199px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate bait.gif
571KB, 199x199px
>>323543236
>and they're all deleveled
>>
So when is the next Pokemon coming out?

Will they use it to sell their new console?
>>
>>323529210
X/Y is still the best game because you can customize your cute girl, buy clothes for her and give her a ponytail.

If this feature isn't in the next generation I'm going to riot.
>>
>>323543495
not baiting, all of the gym pokes literally lost 1 or 2 levels compared to RS
check serebii if you don't believe me
>>
>>323543616
If customisation and DexNav aren't in then everyone should raid GF's HQ, wherever that is.
>>
>>323529210
Just a boring port. The most you can say is that it's competently made and has all the basics; However, at this point in time we expect more than 'just' a pokemon game from the franchise.

I mean, we've got shit like Yokai Watch if we just wanted the same shit - HG/SS raised the bar and took one of the best gen's and made it better with all sorts of great upgrades, it's too bad that OR/AS didn't reach for that same standard.
>>
My only problem is they keep using the random ass circles under your pokemon in everything but gym battles.
What the fuck even. Why? They are clearly capabe of removing those. Why do they still exist?
>>
>>323543718
>Still haven't explained how most water pokemon don't just flop around like dying fish on Dry Land.
>>
File: lost levels.png (47KB, 721x341px) Image search: [Google]
lost levels.png
47KB, 721x341px
>>323543623
Literally fuck off. It's a known fact from ORAS that from Norman ALL the other trainers in the game have bumped up levels or even different Pokemon.
>>
>>323532232
Sarcasm sir, sarcasm.
>>
>>323529210
It's not "bad", it's just the laziest fucking thing imaginable.

FR/LG and HG/SS had so much love put into them. HG/SS in particular. They perfectly recaptured everything that was beloved about the original games, but on an updated and much prettier engine. They were crammed with new features, too, like following Pokemon, the Pokewalker add-on, the Sevii Islands sidequests, etc.

The along comes ORAS. Gen III is very close to Gen VI mechanically, with the Physical / Special Attack split being the only major improvement to the gameplay. And everything people hated about Hoenn was left in - such as the stupid over-reliance on HMs to fucking get anywhere - whereas features people loved, like the Battle Frontier, were removed for absolutely no good reason. It was clearly rushed out the door without any love or care.

Not to mention the ENTIRE game was spoiled via official releases prior to it coming out. We knew every new Mega and the details of all the post-game content before the game even came out in fucking Japan.

Overall it was just a clusterfuck of a remake that actually doesn't give you much reason to play it rather than just playing the originals, whereas I can't ever imagine playing Red or Crystal again now that FRLG and HGSS exist.
>>
>>323543942
I'd play ORAS over Ruby/Sapphire, although Emerald still trumps them all
>>
>>323543942
>such as the stupid over-reliance on HMs to fucking get anywhere
But you literally only have to use Rock Smash 2 times and Surf a few more. "Over reliance" where?
>following Pokemon
>new
Also considering you made it two different points, how is it that ORAS doesn't "They perfectly recaptured everything that was beloved about the original games, but on an updated and much prettier engine." despite everything being the fucking same as it was in the original but prettier?
>>
>>323532719
>The problem with ORAS
>Mirage tower
That was Emerald-only.
>They couldn't even implement a decent replacement minigame like HGSS
That minigame was localization-exclusive.
>Every Mega Evolution was officially unveiled before the game even came out?
Are megas supposed to be a surprise? It's not like new Pokémon.
>No physical bonus
These are the first Pokémon remakes to get a digital release, so that wouldn't make sense. 3DS already has a wireless adapter and pedometer included.
>There is little incentive to use DexNav over breeding or trading
It's great for hidden abilities

That said, ORAS is still my least favorite entry in the series. It's the first time that I've legitimately felt that the series has taken a step backward.

>>323543718
In 2D games, the circles are there to show you the terrain and give a sense that your Pokémon aren't floating.
In 3D games, the circles help the terrain not look nearly as empty as it would be without them. They also bring focus to the Pokémon and help you get more sense of depth.
>>
>>323529731
Thats a long goddamn list. I played all of them just like everyone on /vp/ yet I can't form a list like this. Seriously, how do people keep coming up with shit like this.
>>
File: bs.jpg (47KB, 720x439px) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
47KB, 720x439px
>>323543623
>>323543870
I don't know who to believe. The jews won.
>>
File: phoebe.jpg (468KB, 2340x630px) Image search: [Google]
phoebe.jpg
468KB, 2340x630px
>>323544460
>>
File: 1452322307019.jpg (21KB, 299x289px) Image search: [Google]
1452322307019.jpg
21KB, 299x289px
>>323532719
>The note in front of the gamecorner
>>
>>323529210
It's not "bad", per se. If you didn't have the precedent of third versions/remakes generally being upgraded versions of what came before, then ORAS would just be another Pokemon game.

The problem is that said precedent does exist, and while ORAS does have some additions over the original RS, it lacks several other additions they had in a game over a decade old (Emerald). There's no excuse other than that they just didn't feel like including those again.

I would say most of the people who criticize it are the somewhat more hardcore fans/metagamers as casual players probably didn't care as much for post game shit like Battle Frontier, nor do they pay as much attention to the number of Pokemon gym leaders use or them having laughable movesets.
>>
>>323532073

Masusa's excuse was that only a small percentage of the player base gives a shit about competitive battling so they figured implementing the battle frontier would be a waste of resources.
>>
>>323543870
that doesn't matter when the new EXP share exists
>>
>>323544717
>share false info
>then find excuses when proven wrong
Okay.
>>
>>323529210
It's the best Pokemon remake and plays the best in the series. It also has the best music. Whether that counts for you more than "muh comfy sprites" or whatever is up to you.
>>
>>323544859
>best Pokemon music
*worst
>plays the best
Same as XY.
>best music
God no. That shit is an abomination.
>>
File: 52265.jpg (23KB, 672x501px) Image search: [Google]
52265.jpg
23KB, 672x501px
>>323544696
>only a small percentage of the player base gives a shit about competitive battling
>>
>>323545101
90% of the player base is people under the age of 13 dude
>>
File: 1451716636194.jpg (89KB, 624x658px) Image search: [Google]
1451716636194.jpg
89KB, 624x658px
I know it's shit. It's obvious it's shit. My squad of friends, who we all do multi battle free-for-alls together, acknowledge it's shit.

YET WE CAN'T FUCKING STOP PLAYING IT.
>WHAT THE FUCK I WANT TO PLAY B2W2 ONLINE AGAIN NOT THIS SHIT AND YET I STILL CONTINUE TO PLAY IT THROUGH IT'S BULLSHIT
>>
File: rAq12JB.jpg (29KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
rAq12JB.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
>>
>>323545101
But it is true. Ask people how many of them got the medals in the BF. Or even one medal. Or how many trophies they got in XYORAS. Or even one trophy.

Ask /vp/, Gamefaqs or whatever how many of them completed the Battle Maison when injecting came out and hacked impossible Pokemon such as No Guard Ninjask were available for use.
>>
>>323545163
That's because, at the very least, GF made the multiplayer not shit.

Usually most flaws come from singleplayer.
>>
>>323530041
kill urself my man
>>
>>323545342
Battle Maison isnt competitive battling
>>
>>323545342
I don't think whether or not they got the medals is a good measure of if they played and enjoyed it. Some people just suck at the game. That still wouldn't be a reason to not include it.
>>
File: 1452351675951.png (4KB, 387x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452351675951.png
4KB, 387x320px
>>323532719
It's almost like these games are marketed to children
>>
>>323544206
>But you literally only have to use Rock Smash 2 times and Surf a few more. "Over reliance" where?

you've obviously never played oras

>despite everything being the fucking same as it was in the original but prettier?

the dead-looking 3d models are far less endearing than the original spritework and not to mention the fact that the overworld, depsite having pretty new 3D graphics, is still rigidly stuck within a grid and just looks dumb (compared to XY that actually bothered having a more organic layout to utilise the unrestricted movement).
>>
>>323545923
>Game sucks despite many instances of better games being made in the same series by the same people
>b-but it's made for children
I don't get it.
>>
>>323546623
Easy games are made for kids. That's all it is and isn't hard to understand.
>>
File: 1412313848548.jpg (18KB, 215x203px) Image search: [Google]
1412313848548.jpg
18KB, 215x203px
>>323529210
It's shit desu
>>
>>323546838
All the pokemon games are made for kids, that didn't stop all the prior games from being much more challenging, and even BW(2?) which explicitly had a hard mode (albeit a retardedly implemented one, who wants to beat the game and then delete their save in Pokemon of all things just to play a slightly harder mode? It's even worse for the Easy mode since it has the same unlock criteria).
We will never again face tough (relative for Pokemon) challenges like Whitney's Miltank or Route 110 May again in a main series game.

Not to mention that the vast majority of complaints aren't even about the difficulty, it's about terribly bland presentation of things such as post-game legendary hunting in ORAS, or the complete removal of content like the Battle Frontier or Safari Zones, as well as smaller stuff like Granite Cave and New Mauvile being reworked to become much less than they once were. Just plain bad decisions no matter how you look at it, like giving players a free Lati halfway through the game for no reason. I had no problem with the introduction of so many legendaries as the series went on, and found it stupid when people said shit like "I remember when being legendary MEANT something", but this shit's just ridiculous.
>>
>>323546109
>you've obviously never played oras
Looks like you didn't either. You have to use Rock Smash to get to Lavaridge, then Surf a few times through the game, then usual Victory Road shit. Oh yeah i forgot Sub for Sootopolis too. But still.
>>
>>323547409
The target audience of pokemon games are too young to care about shit like that. You are in the minority complaining about it. You might not understand this unfortunately.
>>
>>323548040
>you're in the minority so your criticisms are invalid
I don't get it
>>
>Replay Emerald
>Battle Pike, Battle Palace exists

Kill me. Still no gold symbol.
>>
>>323548527
And now we know how immigrants feel.
>>
>>323548527
I never said your criticism was invalid dumbass, just silly to make.
>>
>>323547409
>We will never again face tough (relative for Pokemon) challenges like Whitney's Miltank or Route 110 May again in a main series game.
But people complain about random trainers wiping out their team because reasons, like the Furfrou trainers and the the girl with the Hawlucha in Reflection Cave and other shit. Route 110 May is still a thing so i don't know what you're talking about.

>but this shit's just ridiculous
It's not as bad as offering a legendary just after the first gym, like in BW and BW2, even if it was just an event.
>>
>>323529346
I quit as soon as I saw they hadn't fixed the framerate issues from X & Y.
>>
>>323529210
Something something too easy even by Pokemon standards
Something something 6th gen EXP Share is broken as hell
>>
>>323543942
Only HG/SS was legit good.

Metal Claw Charmander was a bit too easy mode inducing
>>
File: ORAS a shit.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS a shit.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>323529210
Oh yes it can, f@m. Yes it can.
>>
>>323532719
Christ why does /vp/ defend ORAS so much? All you're doing is teaching GF that this bullshit is acceptable.
>>
>>323551205
Did HGSS have the Hoenn region(or whatever the first region was called) you could go to after beating the game, the originals had?
>>
File: 1334282438232.png (262KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
1334282438232.png
262KB, 550x700px
>>323551767
HGSS had Kanto, yes.
>>
>>323551571
>/vp/ defends ORAS
Nice meme
>>
>>323551767
Kanto and yes.
>>
>>323529210
It's not as good as stuff like HG/SS or B2/W2 but it get way too much hard than it deserve. Hating the game is been a meme/bandwagon since a long time now.
>>
File: Pokemon tier list.jpg (434KB, 1433x1547px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon tier list.jpg
434KB, 1433x1547px
>>323533287
Definitely Emerald.
>>
>>323548527

Nobody said your criticisms are invalid.

But because you're a minority - you won't be given a shit about, it's unfortunate.
>>
>>323529210
>no hard mode
>no battle frontier
>can't rechallenge gyms
>no outfits
>legendaries all have piss easy capture rates
>wow i get to fight this dragonrider chick, oh wait they gave me a legendary
>get given megas in the main story

W
H
Y
>>
>>323552059
>the game where you play dressup with a cute girl is in shit tier

Worst list I have ever seen.
>>
File: 1402237150813.png (592KB, 824x969px) Image search: [Google]
1402237150813.png
592KB, 824x969px
>>323552382
>waifufag thinks his opinion matters
wew lad
>>
File: 1445246323731.jpg (138KB, 960x641px) Image search: [Google]
1445246323731.jpg
138KB, 960x641px
>>323552059
>BW2
>Elder God Tier

Go back to /vp/ faggot
>>
>>323541647
Because they "Want to make each region unique". Only PokeFrance dresses themselves.
>>
>>323548712
Those are the only ones I could get a symbol in at all.
>>
>>323552582
Nah.
>>
>>323552059
You have the worst taste imagineable.
>>
>>323553452
Nope.
>>
It's too fucking easy and there isn't enough shit to do.

However I'd still fuck Zinnia with the force of a billion Mega Rayquazas.
>>
I actually liked it more than X/Y

literally the only unique thing from XY that I remember is the Fairy city
>>
>>323552119
>literally lying
>also using legendaries in ANY case
>>
>>323532552
Thanks, Drax.
>>
R/S/E had a GOAT OST, all they had to do was not fuck it up and they did it

the absolute madmen
>>
only good thing happen in oras is mega beedrill
too bad dun have mega butterfly
>>
File: 1377242152203.gif (2MB, 267x151px) Image search: [Google]
1377242152203.gif
2MB, 267x151px
>>323529731

Swap BW and BW2 and you have my list.
>>
File: 9f25ff00e6e184e88b6fdd8304b2c36c.png (787KB, 943x1730px) Image search: [Google]
9f25ff00e6e184e88b6fdd8304b2c36c.png
787KB, 943x1730px
>>323558296
>only good thing happen in oras is mega beedrill
No, this is.

>>323558721
What's wrong with you?
>>
File: 1386353996035.jpg (222KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1386353996035.jpg
222KB, 1600x1200px
>>323544605

>That awful feel when realizing the Veilstone Game Corner will be cut for the eventual Remake of Diamond/Pearl
>Those god-tier slots and music will be ripped out
>>
BASE FULL OF SUPER CUTE HEX MANIACS FOR MAXIMUM CUDDLING ACTION

BRAVO GAMEFREAK
>>
>>323558965

I loved the region lock, the rivals, and the story. BW2 felt too much like it was apologizing for something it shouldn't be.
>>
I would've been more forgiving of the game had they fixed the horrid load times and framerate issues but they did absolutely nothing to their XY engine and XY was still incompatible with ORAS. Gamefreak are full of hacks.
>>
File: 1438874126588.png (203KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
1438874126588.png
203KB, 500x416px
>>323551205
I've seen this pic so many times before and now I actually looked at it.

The cherry picking is really strong with this one, no wonder it gets posted every time.

Good thing Pokémon is dead anyway:
https://games.yahoo.com/news/pokemon-killing-nintendo-203038043.html
>>
>>323559735

Thank you for reminding me of the cardinal sin of HG/SS
>>
X/Y while it has it's flaws at least tried to change up the formula. Yes it's literally beyond casualized, but I have more fun with it for the new factor alone.

ORAS is literally the worst pokemon game in gamefreak's history. They fact that ORAS outsold X/Y makes me question what the fuck pokemon fans even like.
>>
>>323559946
And it's the worst because....
>>
>>323561559
Read the thread.

>>323551205
>>
>>323561620
>cherrypicked picture that can be made for every game where 1/3 is truth, 1/3 is exaggerations and 1/3 is straight up lying
Yeah ok
>>
>>323561737
Just because you don't like it doesn't make that image any less valid.
>>
>>323561737
Oh, i forgot. The picture becomes 1/15 as big if instead of almost everything in it you type "it's not Emerald"

>>323561895
Just because you don't like it it doesn't make my post any less valid.
>>
>>323561968
Whatever you say.
>>
>>323562154
>>
>>323541674
Blaze Black/Volt White 2 muh man
>>
>>323532232
Do you?
>>
I played OR and quit after the first gym. The biggest factor for it was the goddamn wild battle and trainer music, they had no oomph whatsoever compared to the originals and I even went back and checked the originals to make sure it wasn't just nostalgia.

The vs trainer music in particular is almost fucking criminal, it's so flat it's atrocious.
>>
I just got CFW installed, are there any rom hacks that make it less shit?
>>
>>323563936
There's one where you can play as busty May.
>>
>>323529210

they were actually better than hg/ss

but all remakes are shit anyway
>>
they're not bad people just hate it because no battle frontier. I personally don't care
>>
I liked the smoother 3d movement and how travelling on different pokemon had more of an effect as well as soaring, but this will all be taken out next game anyways along with dexnav.
>>
>>323532719
Jesus fucking Christ wtf happened to gamefreak? They better step it up for their next game.
>>
Pandering to the casual mobile audience, but that's Pokemon as a whole today.

Seriously, Battle Frontier wasn't included because gamers today don't care about it and it wouldn't be worth the effort for something only hardcore fans would care about.

Masuda is cancer and needs to be fired.
>>
Only Pokémon games that are actually good are Platinum, BW2 and Emerald
Gen 6 is a load of cack that basically plays itself for you while trying to entertain you will all the cliche anime shit thrown in
>>
>>323565090
The whole company needs to get fired, then maybe it can finally go to competent devs.
>>
>no sky tower bike challenge
This was the final slap in the face for me. Nintendobabbies can't handle any challenge and it's disgusting.
>>
File: pucci.png (204KB, 354x339px) Image search: [Google]
pucci.png
204KB, 354x339px
>>323565135
Why didn't you like HG/SS? It uses a nice engine, has a really useful interface, a lot of attention to detail and sound design, etc etc.
>>
>>323563936
There are some difficulty hacks.
>>
Why don't they include options for a hard mode or something?
>>
Q:We noticed ORAS had a lower difficulty level compared to previous Pokemon games. What bought you to this decision? Any chance that future games will have the possibility to adjust difficulty level as seen in Black and White 2?

A:What? How come you've already played the games? hearty laughter [the games were supposed to come out in Italy the day after the interview] We created a "balanced" game that was suited for our time and age, where everyone is very busy and young people have various means of entertainment. Using smartphones and other devices they can access a great number of games, so the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past. The player can choose to keep on playing after the main story and continue to the post-game, where the difficulty rises and there are much more difficult Trainers and challenges to overcome.

Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?

A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason. Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.

In other words, enjoy Pokemon never being challenging ever again.
>>
>>323565739
This. Its 2016 GF. By now this shit should come pre-packed.
>>
>>323565762
>In other words, enjoy Pokemon never being challenging ever again.
Pokemon has never been challenging. It was always a matter of rock-paper-scissors and grinding.

That said, the fact that it never was challenging to begin with, makes the devs decision even worse. HH/SS will forever remain the pinnacles of the franchise.
>>
File: 1450219930990.png (197KB, 389x328px) Image search: [Google]
1450219930990.png
197KB, 389x328px
>>323530041
>not liking platinum
>>
>>323566072
>HH/SS will forever remain the pinnacles of the franchise.
You mean Platinum.
>>
File: 268.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>323566072
Please, m8.

Go and replay FireRed right now.

If you aren't leveled up enough, the elite 4 and Blue will fuck your shit up. And since the lack of trainers in general in Kanto, you run out of money fast so there's no full restore/revive spam.

Then not to mention the level boost that the second round is. It's a fucking challenge to grind in FireRed to level up and beat the league a second time.
>>
>>323566494
>game gives you tool to rebattle trainers
>infinite exp and money
>hard
>>
>>323566679
Vs. seeker is easy mode.
>>
File: 1425995827361.gif (284KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1425995827361.gif
284KB, 500x800px
>>323565762
Everyone at Game freak needs a wake-up call. They've gotten complacent and aren't thinking right. If they stay on this path, Pokemon will turn into the same sort of franchises as CoD, AC, etc moreso then it already is.
>>
>>323566494
>say that all that matters is picking and grinding
>faggot comes around saying "If you aren't leveled up enough"
Well what do you think grinding means you moron?

Also:
>FR
>challenging
Sucking at pokemon games is a whole different level of low.
>>
>>323567769
>Pokemon will turn into the same sort of franchises as CoD, AC, etc moreso then it already is.
How is that even possible? They've been rehashing the same formula with some mechanical updates for 20 years now.
>>
>>323568013
>if you grind then the game isn't hard!

Wow, welcome to every fucking RPG ever.
>>
If I were to ignore the extra content in Platinum, I would prefer Diamond and Pearl over it. The new visuals are ugly while the visuals in DP are exactly what I think of when I hear Pokemon. They got everything just right, from the grass to the UI to the not fucked up 3D depth like in the BW engine where everything is jaggy.
BW2 are my all time favourite games though, even if I hate the visuals with a passion
>>
>>323568217
Except smt.
>>
>>323568434

SMT (and Persona by extension) have experience requirements that rise exponentially as you level, and monsters give out exponentially more exp as you level.

They figured out the system that deters people from grinding - it's still possible, but it's not humanly feasible.

I wonder why Pokemon and the like don't include a "hard mode" that dies something similar.
>>
>>323565075
>replying to half-bait
>>
>>323568304

No you wouldn't. D/P takes over 6 seconds to load a battle. Platinum takes 1. You'd immediately notice the difference if you'd ever actually played it.
>>
hopefully pokemon will say their names like in the anime in gen 7
>>
>>323569802
It's more because it's not so much about stats as it is skills, and you get the better skills by fusing demons into stronger ones which also deters grinding as your moh shuvuu will never learn jihad on her own. Unless it randomly decides to change it apparently, but I'm not sure how that works.
>>
>>323570278

no, its much more about stats than skills. you can make do with some shitty skills in SMT games as long as you have a demon with decent stats. leveling up doesn't make a big difference though in SMT games, which is why you need new demons.

a pixie at base level 5 would have stat progression like this:
Pixie Lv 5: Attack 9
Pixie Lv 5+1 (6): Attack 10
Pixie Lv 5+2 (7): Attack 12
Pixie Lv 5+3 (8): Attack 13

However, a Pixie that you catch at level 8 instead of train would have a base Attack of 17 or 18 rather than 13.

tamed demons are weaker than their unrestrained counterparts. stats are much more important than experience or skills in SMT. I don't think this would work for Pokemon.
>>
>>323571596
Considering you can take down a level 90 boss in SMT IV with demons in their 30s so long as they absorb or nullify his element and use tetrakarn it really is about what skills you bring to the table, and some skills boost your demon's stats.
Then again IV is so phys heavy that tetrakarn is essentially a win button in most cases.
>>
>>323572284

IV's the exception to the rule. Like you said its ridiculously phys heavy.
>>
>>323551571
You say that like jap devs care about what white people have to say anyway
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.