[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished DS1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: Dark Souls 1.jpg (106KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 1.jpg
106KB, 1600x1000px
Ask someone who just beat Dark Souls anything. I'm hungry for discussion and waiting for DS2 to install.
>>
Which ending did you get?
>>
What's your favorite area, weapon, and boss?
>>
Not a question, but some advice for dark souls II : Everyone got really fucking hyped, and most of those people fucking HATE the game. Expect it to be a worse dark souls in every way but length, that's the main reason why i still really like it. Go into it expecting shit.
>>
>>323394436
I think you liked the game, what about it did you like? Are you familiar with the lore and its discussion and intricacies? Did you do the optional areas?

It's always refreshing to discuss these things with "new" players. Hope you really liked it.
>>
>>323394773
It's not worse in every single way, it polishes up a lot of the flaws 1 had. The overall quality of the game is less than 1's, but it NEVER gets as bad as Lost Izalith. Plus, the DLC is pretty much Dark Souls 1.
>>
File: 1452337952639-1.jpg (393KB, 533x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1452337952639-1.jpg
393KB, 533x2000px
>>323394436
Why in the actual fuck didn't you play DeS instead?
>>
I just killed that Quelaag cunt, what's the fastest way to get back to firelink/undead parish?
>>
>>323395038
That was a bit of an exaggeration, yeah. It has a lot more polish and it's more consistent.
I actually almost like it better then one, the weapon and armour variety is really good.
>>
>>323395293
get back to the swamp and, from the entrance to queelag's domain stay left

there's an elevator
>>
>>323395237
probably doesn't have a ps3
>>
>>323395293
As you're coming out of her house into the swamp, keep to the left. You'll get to an elevator that will take you close to the back door entrance. There's a key somewhere up there, grab it and run outside into the Valley of Drakes and unlock the door across the plank bridge. That will lead straight to Firelink.
>>
>>323395470
Fuck, I hope they remaster DS for the PS4. Or at least make it backwards compatible.
>>
Did you enjoy blighttown OP? I hope you played blind too.
>>
Is it any good? Will I feel like I did playing monster hunter for the first time, helpless, weak, and getting shit on but eventually git gud? Is that feeling of gitting gud rewarding enough to sit through the game? Also hoes the dlc in prepare to die edition?
>>
>>323396169
Yes to all your questions. The DLC is fantastic, best bosses in the game.
>>
>>323396252
Thanks. I've been looking at it for a while but hesitated because the memes around it.
>>
File: 2015-04-30_00022.jpg (458KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-30_00022.jpg
458KB, 1280x720px
OP here
>>323394559
I linked the fire, and and got burned to shit. There's multiple endings? I went into it mostly blind, knowing only word of mouth stuff.

>>323394707
That tough, I liked a majority of the locations. Area would probably be Blighttown, I liked the progression of slowly making my way down, and being able to see from so high up. Felt like a turning point of the game to me I guess in terms of challenge. I ran with a longsword for until I got to the Bell gargoyles, then I used one of the Axe tails til I picked up the Zweihander, which I then used till the end of the game, with the grass crest shield as my left. Fucking felt so good to smash fuckers in the ground and go toe to toe with bosses much larger than me. Favorite boss were the gruesome twosome in Anor Londo, if only for the triumph I felt when I finally beat them(fuck that bonfire placement tho).

>>323394773
That... sounds bad. I'll still give it a shot though, who knows, maybe I'll like it.

>>323395036
The feeling of progression and how you explore the world. I recently played the Metroid series for the first time and felt shade of it in the way the world gradually opens up. Quite liked how warping isn't available at the start. Is it that way for DS2? I made sure to read the item descriptions, but I'm pretty sure I haven't found everything. If DS2 turns out to be a bust I'll absolutely go through DS1 again.

>>323395237
I already did. I have it for my Ps3 and its what made me want to give this one a go. I loved that one too btw.

>>323395780
I did, though I fell off like a dope many times trying to climb down. Soooooo happy when I found the bonfire at the bottom.

>>323396169
Slowly amassing power to overcome your foes while also having a strict but fair combat system is intensely rewarding. Very stimulating gameplay which is hard to some by these days.

How do you access the dlc? I figured that it would either unlock over the course of the game, or open up after I beat it.
>>
>>323396616
DS2 has warping from the get go. It's one of the things people dislike about it.

The DS1 DLC is accessed after you place the Lordvessel, you have to go to the Duke's Archives and kill the crystal golem at the lift, grab the pendant it drops, and then kill the Hydra in Darkroot to find the gold crystal golem. You kill that and free Princess Oolacile, give her the pendant and then you can access the DLC.
>>
>>323396616
>Zweihander
How'd the final boss fight go? Bashing him into the ground was hilariously exhilirating for me.
>>
>>323396616
I personally like DaS2 as much as DaS1, but I'm not going to deny it lacks the polish DaS1 had. It still is a great game.
>>
>>323394436
DS2 isn't bad, don't listen to /v/ sperglords. It's much easier, though.
>>
File: 1411720925898.png (21KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1411720925898.png
21KB, 1920x1080px
>>323397134
Hrmmm, that bites.

I missed the pendant in the archives, but i'll make sure to pick it up in NG+.

>>323397323
Pretty rocky at first lol, put off gitting gud at parrying til I got to him, was a master when I finally beat him. It was a great 1-1 battle though.

>>323397515
>>323397529
I heard that its because From got fucked by Sony right? Or release got pushed up and they ran out of testing time or something or other.
>>
>>323397529
>It's much easier

I miss 1.0 difficulty at the Dragon Shrine, newfags will never know
>>
File: green.png (30KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
green.png
30KB, 160x159px
>>323394436
>tfw installed win10 months ago like a fucking idiot and Dark Souls won't launch since then

I'm enjoying DS2, though.
>>
>>323397828
>shrine of amana at launch

FUCK
>>
>>323398750

I never gave up. I feel like a champ
>>
>>323396616
>The feeling of progression and how you explore the world. I recently played the Metroid series for the first time and felt shade of it in the way the world gradually opens up. Quite liked how warping isn't available at the start. Is it that way for DS2? I made sure to read the item descriptions, but I'm pretty sure I haven't found everything. If DS2 turns out to be a bust I'll absolutely go through DS1 again.

DS2 is OK, a good game overall, but not as good as DS1. The worst part is the level design, except from some areas there's basically nothing of that feeling you get looping around a level. Not that it's LINEAR, but it's not circular, which was my favourite part of DS1. It was not by the same director and there were some development problems in the middle forcing then go redo the game using scraps. I don't like the animations too, but that's subjective. 3 is looking great tho.

About the lore, it's hard go grasp it all alone, specially in the first playthrough where you're just trying to survive, but that shit is rich. Not only item descriptions, but their placement and the overall architecture of the areas are all important. It's an autistic level of detail for things that like 10% of the players will care.
>>
>>323395038

That's complete bullshit.

If someone put a gun to my head and told me I had to play through Lost Izalith 20 times or Shrine of Amana once, I would take 20 Lost Izaliths in a heartbeat

Shrine of Amana was the worst fucking thing I've ever seen in a Souls game, although the boss was actually one of the better ones in the game.

I never even understood why people hate Lost Izalith so much anyway. The only thing notably terrible about the area is Bed of Chaos.
>>
>>323400000
Lost Izalith is basically a corridor full of nothing; it wouldn't be out of place in dark souls 2.
>>
>>323398843
Neither did I, but fuck did some of the areas suck at launch.
>>
>>323400147
and one of its bosses is just a rehash so yeah it would fit in with DkSII
>>
>>323400000
checkd
>>
File: 1431845418591.png (195KB, 446x365px) Image search: [Google]
1431845418591.png
195KB, 446x365px
>>323400230
When I arrived to those areas they were already patched (my vidya time is limited, to say the least).

How bad were they?
>>
>>323394436
How would you describe the story?I'm interested, because i know my thoughts of the story/lore weren't the same my first time beating the game as it is now.
>>
>>323400593
Shrine of Amana's sorcerers had insane tracking on their spells and could shoot at you from farther than the games draw distance. You would literally see homing soul arrows appear out of the ether and chase you far better than any previously had. Not to mention the water that slows you down, the enemies that hit hard and can't be staggered, and the little fuckers that can ambush you from the water. THEN you also have that fucking pointless fog gate in the middle of it all that took longer to traverse than any other fog gate in the game, precisely so you couldn't just sprint and roll through the entire first area.

I don't know what they changed with Dragon Shrine in the patches, but I know that the giant enemies there hit hard as fuck, attacked non stop and had infinite stamina. I remember just sitting there with a great shield waiting for an opening as one hammered on me and it NEVER came. I ended up having to lure them away from the door I need to go through and then sprinting and rolling past them.
>>
>>323400000
Noice
>>
>>323401069
Jesus. To be fair I think I could have fun with that. I love to conquer bullshit areas with the power of my autism.
Ironically Sotfs's shrine of amana is harder than vanilla patched because they put a fuckton of those aquatic monsters everywhere. Walk a bit in the wrong point and you're swarmed by 20 of those fuckers.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.