[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>YOU DEFEATED FUCK YES. THAT IS RIGHT. GODDAMN. I just beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Ornstein_&_Smough_01.jpg (272KB, 443x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ornstein_&_Smough_01.jpg
272KB, 443x600px
>YOU DEFEATED

FUCK YES. THAT IS RIGHT. GODDAMN.

I just beat Ornstein and Smough, it took me forever, but I did it and Holy shit was that fun. Goddamn.

Did I git gud yet?
>>
Good job, anon, but you ain't done yet.
>>
Now beat Artorias, Maneaters, Ludwig and Fume Knight

Then you're gud
>>
You beat the hardest boss in the game.

Good job.
>>
Took me 20 times to take them down, I was on my last humanity, when I went in someone invaded and helped me kill both.
>>
>>323384437
I just beat them today as well. Didn't even feel good afterwards :/

They had already crushed my spirit long ago
>>
>Ornstein and Smough
I don't know what that is.

The characters you posted have many names, but those are not among them.
>>
>>323384612
>Maneaters and Ludwig

Done and Done. I guess all I have left is Artorias and the Fume Knight
>>
File: 1450371136151.png (55KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
1450371136151.png
55KB, 500x252px
Now open wide for 4 kings.
>>
>>323384649
>invaded
>helped you kill a boss

wat the fugg
>>
Go for the DLC next.
It's all downhill from here

>>323384612
>Fume knight
I always found the Eleum Loyce bosses to be harder, personally.
Fume Knight is really fun to fight, though.
>>
>>323384437
who is this man
>>
grats I remember it took my 2 hours on my first playthrough, very satisfying considering it completely opens the game up with teleports.
>>
>>323384775
I don't know, I never used a summon sign but they kinda just showed up
>>
File: BTFO.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>323384836
That's one thing I preferred in DS2, you could teleport right from the start to EVERY bonfire you came across, not just a select few. Granted DS2 was not built like DS, fewer connecting points and farther spread out areas.

>>323384917
This is not a thing, I don't believe you.
>>
>>323384771
almost killed them first try, but i got fucked at the end. it's such a long fight I don't want to go back and play
>>
>>323384612
>no alonne
>no burnt ivory king
Fuck you
>>
You don't have to be good to beat them, so outside of the context of Souls? Not really.
>>
>>323385129
>That's one thing I preferred in DS2, you could teleport right from the start to EVERY bonfire you came across, not just a select few. Granted DS2 was not built like DS, fewer connecting points and farther spread out areas.
It completely ruined the level design and removed any level of depth to your travelling decisions
>>
>>323385129
Who is behind chosen undead, and is that artorias spazzing in the window?
>>
File: katanarat.jpg (272KB, 1280x989px) Image search: [Google]
katanarat.jpg
272KB, 1280x989px
>>323385276
You really think being able to teleport to all the bonfires ruined the level design? If anything it saved it from being a tedious waste of time.

Are you telling me every time you went to darkroot garden you preferred having to teleport to the blacksmith and killing the same 4 inconsequential treefolk just to get to the bonfire by the door? Or walking down the switchbacks on the mountain every time you wanted the bonfire close to the hydra?
>>
>>323385276
>implying level design wasn't all over the place in 2

Come on man. Plus everything was so dead, nothing to explore or find.
>>
>>323385169
Well you don't have a choice.
>>
>>323385171
Muh GRORIOUS NIPPON
faggot please
>>
>>323384437
>VICTORY ACHIEVED

What mine says. PCMR.
>>
>>323385490
Yep, and that's smough. Never noticed that before.
>>
>>323386048
I'm playing it on PS3, did you use a summon or something? I beat them alone.
>>
>>323385490
Smough and yes.

>>323385639
I didn't mean to imply level design WASN'T all over the place.

I liked the vast amounts of different areas in 2, but the way they were connected was extremely poorly done and illogical. I've heard the dlc is better but I haven't gotten to it yet. DS 1 world had far more realistic cohesion.

I disagree though, there's a good amount of stuff to explore and find. The game is larger than the first for sure. The problem is that there are a lot of areas that seemingly go nowhere for no reason. Those ones stick out because you never saw many of those areas in DS1.
>>
>You Defeated
Huh? I thought it was Victory Achieved? I've only played it on PC though, is it different on consoles?
>>
>>323385595
I think he's saying having that ability of the bat loses the immersion a bit. DS1 had all the areas close together and interconnected. You had to figure out how to move between them before given the ability to jump.

Kinda like the Morrowind vs Skyrim fast travel. You miss a lot just jumping around initially.
>>
>>323385852
>having shit taste
>implying it's about fighting a samurai and not the battle being great
>complaining about nippon while playing a Japanese game

I may be a faggot but at least I'm not retarded.
>>
>>323386317
He was easy, really.
I had more trouble with fucking Maldron the Assassin.
inb4 seed of the tree of giants,
>>
>>323386268

I'd agree but the way DS2 is built just doesn't work with putting a time-gate on warping. You need to access the emerald warden to level up for whatever reason, so being able to warp back to majula is a necessity, not to mention there are some areas where you simply cannot go backwards without warping. I'm pretty sure once you enter the gutter you can't get back to majula without warping.

I don't think it makes you miss out on anything unless you intentionally ignore exploration. I mean I'm gonna explore anyway because I want the loot lying around. I just like the warping because I can teleport back to majula, level up, fix broken stuff if I need to, and go back to the last bonfire I was at and continue again. It's not like I could magically warp to the drangleic castle bonfire from the get go. You still have to light the bonfires just like in the first game.
>>
>>323385595
If you were told to design a level or area and were told "don't worry about traversal too much, the player can just teleport from checkpoint to checkpoint," your level would not resemble something in Dark Souls. You can climb back up out of Blighttown, but once you reach the gutter you need to teleport home.

>If anything it saved it from being a tedious waste of time.

Yes, you saved some time, but then you also spent a lot of time going back to Majula to level up or upgrade equipment, which on console was hellish for the loading screen times.

>Are you telling me every time you went to darkroot garden you preferred having to teleport to the blacksmith and killing the same 4 inconsequential treefolk just to get to the bonfire by the door? Or walking down the switchbacks on the mountain every time you wanted the bonfire close to the hydra?

The difference is the amount of time you'd spend in that area. A teleport to right outside the garden wouldn't be too bad, but as for the hydra-close bonfire it wouldn't matter because the only 2 reasons to use that one would be to progress through New Londo or to farm the drakes for scales. With the way you speak of it, you would be making the trip every time you died, but instead you only go once and if you were to die you would respawn at the end of the trip you've already made. Why can't you teleport to the Undead Burg bonfire underneath the firedrake bridge? Because you normally wouldn't have to. That's because the way that area is designed there's no real reason to come back. The area is made as a one and done, and it's also pretty close to other teleports.
>>
>>323387742
>I just like the warping because I can teleport back to majula, level up, fix broken stuff if I need to, and go back to the last bonfire I was at and continue again. It's not like I could magically warp to the drangleic castle bonfire from the get go
Why waste the time when you can just do that shit from the fire like the first one, outside of weapon modifications.
>>
File: 1444511872934.png (29KB, 306x241px) Image search: [Google]
1444511872934.png
29KB, 306x241px
>get help from a friend beating O&S
>feel no satisfaction from it as a result and haven't played much since
>>
>>323387742
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Didn't Demon souls also function the same way, with a central hub?

I kinda wish they took weapon degradation... I don't see any point to it.
>>
>>323384612

Fume Knight is incredibly easy.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.