[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /v/ looped around to liking Skyward Sword again? The Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 28

File: Skyward.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Skyward.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
Has /v/ looped around to liking Skyward Sword again?
The Zelda cycle is real, folks.
>>
Nope, still hate it. Every time I remember that the puzzle and world design wasn't THAT bad, I remember that the shitty controls and combat system ruined everything.

Also the puzzles and world design were pretty bad.
>>
>>323270850
>The Zelda cycle is real, folks.

The Zelda cycle applies to every fucking game on this board. I am seriously fucking amused watching the positivity surrounding RE5 these days after experiencing how that game was regarded here back when it was new.
>>
>>323270850

Garbage when it came out, garbage now.
>>
>>323270850
Was there ever any doubt?
>>
File: 1439968524172.png (553KB, 609x469px) Image search: [Google]
1439968524172.png
553KB, 609x469px
>>323270850
It looks like a Spyro game.
>>
File: Meta.png (3KB, 215x105px) Image search: [Google]
Meta.png
3KB, 215x105px
>>323270946
>the shitty controls
Was I just extremely lucky? The only time I ever encountered a problem was the first time I tried to raise the sword (I misunderstood the idea), and after that it was smooth sailing.
>>323271014
Great argument, really supported by those scores.
>>
>>323270850
It's real for idiots who take ages to form an opinion.
Skyward Sword had good dungeons and a nice aesthetic form the get-go, but the huge intro and stunted exploration (i.e. no exploration), coupled with the only partner in the series who, unprompted, tells you how to solve a problem, makes it the worst 3D Zelda and generally a direction the series shouldn't be going in.
For all his flaws, Aonuma isn't deaf to the fanbase and seems to be backtracking on what made SS so underwhelming.
>>
>>323270850
I actually replayed itMy opninion changed a bit, the game does get fun from Lanayru's mine, but still, the cons are too much
The sidequests were very well done, but didn't fit the closed world
Also, the graphics hurted my eyes, they didn't bother me the first time
>>
>>323271138
>Metacritic is /v/
>Nintendo reviews not being inflated by fanboys

You're an idiot.

Find me a Zelda game with a shitty MC score. SS is shit btw.
>>
I believe in the zelda cycle but I think skyward sword will be the end of it. Whereas the previous 3d zeldas were basically reimaginings of OOT, skyward sword is to OOT what Mario Galaxy is to Mario 64.
>>
No i started to dislike tp a lot and i never liked ss aside from the theme song
>>
>>323271391
The difference being that linearity in platformers works
Linearity in action/adventure doesn't
>>
File: Tri Hard.png (40KB, 419x207px) Image search: [Google]
Tri Hard.png
40KB, 419x207px
>>323271330
Okay, here you go.
Also: congratulations on just arguing for the series's quality as a whole instead of explaining how it's a bad game on its own.
/v/ is just a contrarian bullshit board and I love it.
>>
>>323271391
You people are fucking retarded.

The only reason a "Zelda cycle" exists is cause each entry in the series gets worse and worse since WW.

Thus, in contrast to previous games, it's really bad, but we think, it can't get worse than this, then a new one comes out and proves us wrong, and retroactively makes the last game seem good by conparison.

Reason being is cause Zelda set tge standard very high, so while new entries might have made for a bad Zelda game, they still made for a good game. However, with SS the bar sunk so low, that it's just a mediocre/bad game all around. That's how low Zelda has fallen.

SS will never go through the Zelda cycle, even if Zelda U sucks, then it'll be TWO shitty games that are hated, not one.

Only plebs with shit taste, the same ones that like Other M, are dumb enough to defend the pile of crap that is SS.
>>
Skyward Sword had some good ideas, but the execution was horrendous. I was looking forward to it and was in serious denial about how much I disliked it. A terrible Zelda game.

>>323271391
The "cycle" is bullshit that was made after TP came out.

>OoT debuts, beloved by fans and critics
>MM debuts, beloved by fans and critics, though sells less
>WW debuts, while initially doubtful, beloved by fans and critics on release
>TP debuts to an insane amount of hype, is considered a disappointment in following years.
>SS debuts, while initially positive, gains an extremely negative reputation the following years
>ALBW debuts, somewhat mixed, but overall very positive reviews. Still generally liked

The cycle is some bullshit someone edited onto the Sonic cycle image. The memers who try to keep it up don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>323271558
But that's not a main zelda game.
>>
>>323271558
73 isn't bad moron...
>>
>>323271391
Noooooo
Galaxy was good
>>
>>323271558
I actually really like Triforce Heroes
>>
>>323270850
I still haven't beaten it because fuck fighting the Imprisoned that many times with Fi still interrupting every 3 minutes.
>>
File: m-NQdB.gif (2MB, 400x179px) Image search: [Google]
m-NQdB.gif
2MB, 400x179px
>>323270850
I thought the Zelda cycle was fake until I saw people last year admitting they thought Twilight Princess was the best Zelda game.

I'm scared.
>>
>>323270850
fuck this game
and i liked triforce heroes
>>
>>323272049
It's almost like people have individual opinions, even if they don't appeal to you!
>>
>>323270850
The zelda cycle exists, but not as everyone thinks it does.
Its not that people suddenly change their minds because a new Zelda is out, it's because the last 3 games have been worse than the last, in most people's eyes. So everyone hates on it because its not as good. Then a new game comes out, and everyone moves to hating that one. The people that liked the game before were always there, but they were drowned out in a sea of negativity, and you never noticed them. Now that all the hate for that game is directed at the new game, the people that liked it came out of the woodwork and started praising it because there isnt as much ridicule, and they can at the same time hate on the new game because its worse than the game before.
Repeat.
THAT is the cycle, hopefully they break the cycle with Zelda U. I dont think its possible to do worse than SS.
>>
>>323272049
its ocarina 2.0 which makes it the best for a variety of reasons that they kept it safe but unoriginal as hell
take that as you will
>>
The Zelda cycle is real, folks.

Considering how there hasn't been a good 3D Zelda game ever and there hasn't been a good Zelda game period since the Oracles, no.
>>
No, it's absolutely the worst main Zelda I've experienced.
I didn't finish it, I couldn't bring myself to.
>>
>>323272049
There's a drop in quality with every console Zelda game after Majora's Mask, however:

>Windwaker is still good
>Twilight Princess is ok
>Skyward Sword is irredeemable shit
>Zelda U will likely disappoint, hopefully not as bad as SS.
>>
>>323272045
Oh yeah, and fuck dowsing.
>>
>>323270983
It also applies to movies, tv shows, comics, anime, etc. now too. People praise the Star Wars prequels now that TFA is out.
>>
>>323272254
>Windwaker is still good
lol you for real?
little amount and dungeons and those last 2 are good but then it ends
also that press A to dodge move
better than the piss easy twilight
>>
File: es.gif (825KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
es.gif
825KB, 500x270px
>>323271391
>skyward sword is to OOT what Mario Galaxy is to Mario 64.
>>
>>323271330
Considering /v/ likes to constantly tout metacritic for games they don't like that have poor user scores, yeah it might as well be /v/. Look at all the metacritic FO4 threads we had.
>>
>>323272254
I feel like that's not really claimable when the handheld entries have varied in quality so much.

>Minish Cap was great, though short
>Phantom Hourglass was crap
>Spirit Tracks was ?????? (only Zelda I haven't played)
>ALBW was great and old school.

And this is between the highly debated 3D games. I think Aonuma learned his lesson with gimmicks and is trying to go back to a more classical Zelda. Especially with all the backlash and criticism the years after SS and the positive reception to ALBW.
>>
File: 1301975904198.png (15KB, 652x451px) Image search: [Google]
1301975904198.png
15KB, 652x451px
>>323270850
I just want another fucking Zelda that doesn't look like moeshit cartoon. Is that much to ask, Nintendo?
>>
>>323272453
fuck man, original gimmicks are fucked now
>>
>>323272383
Yes because all the other Zeldas aren't piss easy too right?
>>
No one liked SS, but why do people hate TP?
It was my favorite title from the Zelda line.
Was it the slow opening?
>>
>>323272476
Well considering that Zelda is an adventure game aimed at kids, yes.
>>
File: Press A to Save Hyrule.png (496KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Press A to Save Hyrule.png
496KB, 1280x720px
>>323272505
>>
>>323272505
well
you got me but twilight princess was the most impossible to die
>>
>>323272510
people say it is because it was ocarina 2.0 but because of the unoriginaly of the game
ideas were polished an improved like cutting grass while moving which hasn't been seen since and those dungeons were great
fuck the water one tho
>>
>>323270850
I have never liked it. I never will.

I want to like it. It has a great artstyle and some great ideas

>bad controls
>wii muddy blurry graphics
>dowsing
>Fii
>hand holding
>nothing to do in skyloft

Those things i cant get over. Ill attempt to finish the game, like i do every year and ill put it down because it sucks
>>
File: gaki.webm (3MB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
gaki.webm
3MB, 576x432px
I wouldn't say it was bad but it wasn't good.
I don't think I'll ever play it again and I don't think my opinion will change anytime soon.
>>
>>323272453
The handheld games all had consistent quality until Capcom stopped making them.

The Oracle games and Minish Cap were made by Capcom. Link's Awakening, I don't know.

But all the Nintendo-made ones in recent times have been shit, and mediocre.

PH and ST were all atrocious gimmicky crap. And ALBW was mediocre as fuck, but gets praise for not being as bad as the DS ones. TH I haven't played, but looks like more horrible, gimmicky crap.

The remakes don't count.
>>
>>323272590
I think that actually goes to ALBW. Despite it being one of my more liked Zeldas, I have yet to die outside of one occasion. The game seems like it's pushing you to savescum also so you don't have to rebuy all the items back.
>>
File: IAt9wjT.jpg (40KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
IAt9wjT.jpg
40KB, 500x534px
>>323272514
But kids don't even give a shit about Zelda.

Pic related of what Nintendo thinks about their franchises.
>>
Never got past the tutorial.
>>
>>323272510
TP was the most hyped Zelda ever, especially after the artstyle of WW. Mature fans felt like Nintendo was appealing to them again. Add nearly 3 years of just waiting and you've got an insanely hyped game that will guarantee disappointment no matter how good it is.

TP ain't bad, it's safe. Some people never got over the hype.
>>
>>323271806
Albw somewhat mixed? Are you a lezbo? Everyone was saying it was the best zelda game in ages due to its open endedness and direction it took the series.
>>
>>323272694
All water temples are terrible.
I didn't like the dog lightbug hunt personally, but it wasn't fun the second time doing the silent trials in SS.

I want to play it on gamecube as I had it on the wii originally.
>>
>>323272731
>Link's Awakening
THat was Nintendo, I believe that guy who is one of Nintendo's best directed it. Tazuka I think his name is?
>>
>>323272510
>slow opening
>tears of light quest messes up the pacing
>OST is bad in places (my opinion)
>textures look like vomit (objective fact)
Otherwise I can't really fault it. It's a good 3D Zelda, up there with the 3 games before it.
>>
>>323272824
Well people did that to themselves, the game is fine.
>>
>>323272883
nobody liked that wolf part
if they gave you more moves or made it shorter then it would be great
>>
>>323272731
>And ALBW was mediocre as fuck, but gets praise for not being as bad as the DS ones.
I like ALBW a bunch, it's safe but a good game. The other DS titles are among the worst next to SS.
>>
>>323272771
That picture is actually more accurate referring to yourself. Nintendo is selling Zelda just fine, you're the one who cares so much about "muh maturity"
>>
I still don't like it.

It's still the only Zelda game I've dropped. Still the only Zelda game I've played but not finished. I just couldn't care less about the game.
Egorapter complained about OoT being a game about waiting, but if anything that would by Skyward Sword. Wait for this cutscene, wait for this camera pan, wait for Fi to restate what was just said in the cutscene, wait for this loading screen so you can go to the fire area, wait for the game to tell you you've picked up your 17th bug because you turned the Wii off, wait for the enemy to angle their weapon so you can hit them, wait while Toes does the Electric Slide.
Wait wait wait wait wait. Fuck that shit, I got tired of all the railroading, all the hand holding, all the pointless explanations and the fact they just fucking kept showing off cutscenes even for minor shit.
I was so ecstatic in the desert mine when the time stones only triggered one cutscene when you're at the floating carts area, because I was getting fucking sick of seeing all the cutscenes every time I triggered a stone.

I sound like I'm just being super harsh on it and I think it was Satan, but I don't. The game just bugged me, wore me raw with all these little compounding nagging issues until I just lost all will to keep playing. It's not a bad game, it's a good game locked behind the most trivial bullshit you can imagine.
>>
>>323272984
no way, i hate SS a lot but the ds games were really bad
i liked ST zelda a lot though
>>
>>323270850
That's the tutorial level. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>323270983

That's because it's not a "Zelda cycle" but simply a matter of new generations growing up. Those who grew up with that specific game have fond memories of it and will start to get more vocal, while also disliking the eventual sequel due to its changes.
>>
the only thing i remember vividly was the silent realm

mostly disappointing by lack of interesting item uses windwaker still king
>>
>>323272731
>And ALBW was mediocre as fuck, but gets praise for not being as bad as the DS ones

Pretty much, that's why the first NSMB got such inanely good sales. People were starved.
>>
>>323272845
I include fan opinions in general consensus. ALBW was a bit mixed when it debuted, but most people seem to at-least like it.
>>
>>323273061
>Nintendo is selling Zelda just fine
>implying

IT'S AONUMA STYLE
>>
>>323273132
starved of what?
>>
>>323270850
SS is at its core a game with some very glaring flaws. Flaws such as the imminence amount of hand holding and padding, frequent reuse of areas, the sky being a poor mans great sea, lots of outright lame and stupid looking bosses, some lore fuckery, and an lame final boss.

Some half wit will convince themselves that its better then it is, that doesnt mean your retarded Zelda cycle is real. SS is a mediocre game with some good ideas, and thats all it will ever be
>>
I never liked SS and always thought TP was fine.

so there.
>>
>>323273234
Look at the sales. The only one that sold a significant amount more than the others is OoT and TP. The rest average around 3-4 million in sales.
>>
>>323270850
It had some good parts like the silent realm, the desert lake and Koloktos. It also had a lot of shitty ones like Fi constantly telling you what to do, the Imprisoned, no exploration and the motion controls.

Probably the only Zelda game I wouldn't think of replaying anytime soon.
>>
>>323273272
There weren't any new 2D mario games at the time. Hadn't been a new one since Mario Land 2 on the gameboy in like 96 or whenever.
>>
>>323270850
>baggy pants

what the fuck were they thinking? he might as well not wear any.
>>
>>323273390
i blame america
zelda never sales in japan
>>
>>323273061
Dude, just stop. You are hurting yourself being this deluded.
>>
>>323273272
A proper 2D Mario game since the last one were SMW and SML2 previously
>>
I liked it the first time I played it
>>
>>323270850
It's only real because the games are getting shittier and shittier with every passing console generation.
>>
>>323273484
It sells alright, but America always buys more action stuff.
>>
>>323272476
>I just want another fucking Zelda that doesn't look like moeshit cartoon.

So... None of them?
>>
>>323273629
ok then, i blame the woman in america
>>
>>323272379
That is too fucking far.
>>
File: 1312058668960.jpg (15KB, 216x232px) Image search: [Google]
1312058668960.jpg
15KB, 216x232px
>>323273683
uh

ok
>>
File: 01[1].jpg (87KB, 750x1116px) Image search: [Google]
01[1].jpg
87KB, 750x1116px
>>323273646
>not moe shit
>>
>>323273695
Those people who enjoy the prequels have always existed, same with people who like spirit tracks and Dark Souls 2. They come out of the woodwork when the next game comes out.
>>
File: 09[1].jpg (107KB, 750x1501px) Image search: [Google]
09[1].jpg
107KB, 750x1501px
>>323273774
K-On! you met you match
>>
>>323273774
>flinging around words you don't understand

There's a Zelda that's moe-shit but it ain't WW.
>>
>>323273484
>blame america for saving the Zelda franchise from going belly-up by hyping TP

If it wasn't for TP the franchise would be in a far worse state than it is now, and that's saying something.
>>
>>323273710
show boobs
>>
File: better than 4 seriously.jpg (185KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
better than 4 seriously.jpg
185KB, 1280x720px
>>323270983
>RE5
re5 is fucking god tier. anyone who says otherwise is delusional.
>>
>>323273907
fuck zelda, it had a good run. i just want more pikmin games or at the very least just 2 more then no more
>>
Thing is, Nintendo splitted their fanbase in two after WW, thus no one liked this retarded merge between both old Zelda and cartoon Zelda.
>>
>>323274010
Pikmin 4's almost done dude you'll get it before June
>>
>>323272590
True, but I think that's less so the parry mechanics and more so the fact that enemies don't do fuck all damage, the only threatening thing in the game is wearing Zora's Tunic against Argorok and getting hit and that Cave of Ordeals level with the 5-6 Ice Spear guys and the big ass freeze pops.
>>
>>323274024
The art style was fine, the gameplay was the bad element.
>>
>>323270850
I will always say Skyward Sword has the best art design for any of the 3D zelda games, but at the same time it does kinda play like ass?
>>
>>323271838
If it is too much like ALTTP/OOT, you all gripe about it.

If it isn't enough like ALTTP/OOT, it doesn't count.

It is true, there is no satisfying Zelda fans. There are simply too many, with too diverse a swath of interests, to please them all.

People who like Twilight Princess / Skyward Sword have always been among us, but several other factors, such as kids who grew up with those games being their formative Zeldas, as well as critics getting tired of criticizing the game and moving on to something new, and maybe even a few people who change their minds about the game, make opinions seem to "shift" over time.
>>
>>323270850
The cycle is not real, tp is shit and nobody likes it
>>
>>323273785
but DS2 is good. sure it has a lot of flaws but it's still a solid game.
>>
>>323272379
TFA was so shit that even the prequels are decent in comparison.
>>
>>323274178
Or maybe the games are just getting shittier, like the majority of Nintendo's IPs over the last 10 years.
>>
>>323274167
it plays like ass because of those limited motion controls
you can only do so much with that mechanic
>>
File: Go Back.png (1010KB, 800x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Go Back.png
1010KB, 800x1004px
>>323271795
>saying "plebs with shit taste" unironically
>>
>>323274205
I like it. played it and finished it just a couple of days ago.
>>
>>323274275
dont be talking shit on mario
everything else is fair game
>>
>>323274206
If it's your first souls game, maybe. I would consider it bad enough to skip.
>>
>>323274275
especially zelda. they're petrified to do anything new with the series.
>>
>>323273964

Thanks for being a case point.
>>
>>323274248
You're joking, Right?
>>
>>323274206
a very bad souls game
like if another company was allowed to make a bad imitation
>>323274391
they did new, it sucked
>>
>>323274372
But Donkey Kong has gotten vastly better in the last 10 years

Punch Out got a revival

there's been great 3D marios
>>
>>323274458
yeah DK got better and Punch Out too
I just forget sometimes
retro's next game when?
>>
>>323274458
>Donkey Kong
>vastly better

The opposite, really.
>>
>>323274605
come on man
>>
>>323274456
minish cap is easily the best 2D zelda.
>>
File: SorakaAv.png (108KB, 487x498px) Image search: [Google]
SorakaAv.png
108KB, 487x498px
>>323271391
But Galaxy and Mario 64 have an evenly split fanbase whereas most people dislike SS and OoT is considered decent if not good by most
>>
File: being a bitch.jpg (38KB, 339x338px) Image search: [Google]
being a bitch.jpg
38KB, 339x338px
>>323274605
>Returns
>Tropickle Cheese
>bad
>>
>>323274648
I've never played Dong games, but I surely do miss Rare games a lot.

>that music
>those graphics
>original characters

Fuck, they truly were the Western Nintendo at the time in the ol' good days of N64..
>>
>>323274667
if you mean, i dont think it did
anyway, very good game
>>
Eh, I always liked it, though there were definitely things I disliked.

Unfortunately it'll probably be a long time before we finally get the "WW in the sky" game I really wanted.

>>323271138
No, I also had basically 0 problems with the controls. Most people are just retarded.
>>
>>323274896
Why would you ever want more Wind Waker?
>>
>>323274896
this is the last zelda.
>>
>>323274789
music is good bud hell they even got the composer from the old DKC games
DKC graphics are shit today but i can understand if you like the grittiness of it. The new ones are more clean but great in variety
and aren't the tikis and new animals in TF original too?
>>
>>323274960
I just want islands in the sky

>>323275001
ok
>>
>>323274789
They made the Star Fox universe more interesting than just "Space furries shoot shit" (Even if Adventures is an iffy game in general), I have to give them credit for that.

Then Miyamoto threw a fit and retconned it to oblivion.
>>
>>323275103
>islands in the sky
Skies of Arcadia
>I want zelda
And I want Banjo Threeie but we dont get what we want
>>
>>323274315
Pretty much yeah. I mean when the controls work, its great. But you need a decent amount of room to really use them well, and even then it can be iffy.
>>
>>323273964
Literally the worst game in the series. Forced co-op is garbage.
>>
>>323270983
Cycles don't really exist, it's more like sequels put previous games into perspective. If a sequel does something retarded, it makes the previous game's good parts look even better in comparison.
>>
>>323275178
SoA was gud, yeah

You got banjo threeie anon :^)
>>
>>323275281
you going to make me cry
>>
>>323275103
Why do you want islands?
>>
>>323275425
because they're my fetish
>>
>>323275124
Miyamoto doesn't seem to like it when other studios end up making better games than Nintendo EAD. Didn't he also throw a fit about Rare's take on Donkey Kong with Donkey Kong country for the SNES?

>>323275001
Nah. Series still makes a fair amount of money, and it's one of the lasting franchises that keep fans and core gamers coming to them.
>>
Lots of hardcore zeldafags I know irl didn't like SS or were disappointed. They liked WW and TP from the start. I wouldn't be so sure.
>>
File: 1350926215999.gif (145KB, 213x331px) Image search: [Google]
1350926215999.gif
145KB, 213x331px
skyward sword is better than your favorite zelda game desu
>>
>>323274458
>But Donkey Kong has gotten vastly better in the last 10 years
Not Nintendo EAD.

>Punch Out got a revival
Not Nintendo EAD.

The only major IP that hasn't been tarnished or ruined by Nintendo at this point is probably Pikmin.
>>
>>323275740
What does Nintendo EAD even touch anymore besides Mario (Splatoon) and Zelda?
>>
>>323275604
As a hardcore fan, I will say that I enjoyed WW, if only because the aesthetics and exploration were so damn great that it managed to overshadow the rushed and laughably easy gameplay.

Twilight Princess had a strong start in its first half (sans the wolf parts) with everything falling apart in its second half. The only thing really going for it was some of its dungeons and boss battles.

Skyward Sword was just a disgrace all around, sans for the tiny Lanayru Desert portions involving the timeshift stones.
>>
>>323275932
>Twilight Princess had a strong start in its first half (sans the wolf parts) with everything falling apart in its second half. The only thing really going for it was some of its dungeons and boss battles.

Every Zelda tries to do the same thing as AlttP did in it's second half, forgetting that AlttP actually had dungeons to pad the Dark WOorld and generally not just feel like they ran out of budget.

TP's start is so slow that just going to the next dungeon without a wolf section felt like fun anyway.
>>
Skyward Sword was so fucking bad it made me realize i don't like the Zelda franchise
>>
>>323272746
The biggest problem with difficulty in ALBW was the lack of scaling. All the dungeons were made to be first. So after you finished 2 dungeons the game becomes trivial. If they made it so enemies get stronger the more dungeons you complete or the more powerful your sword gets the game would be better in the difficulty part. Still one of the best Zelda games in a while.
>>
>>323275932
One thing I can say about Skyward Sword is that they had good ideas for keeping the gameplay fresh and I just wish those mechanics were in a better game or were presented in a less gimmicky form. I hope some of it carries over, and we can just accept in a long running franchise we're going to get mediocre games every now and then and SS was one of them.
>>
>>323274789
Personally I'm not a can of DKC1. It has a lot of bad level design in some places. One of the worse is when there's secrets that are just like normal pits. Not even a small outline of a barrel just a pit. 2 is the best and 3 is even worse than 1.
>>
>>323274667
>minish cap
>something new
Literally just another LttP with a gimmick

That being said, it was fun.
>>
>>323276091
This is far too true sadly. I really wish that there was a Zelda game that did the LTTP formula right. LTTP had several dungeons in both Light AND Dark Worlds. Every 3D zelda game that attempts that have only a handful of dungeons between the both of them.
>>
So instead of games aping OOT and LTTP/LoZ what if we had a game aping Zelda II ?
>>
TP felt like it tried to be a grimdark OoT. But failed in every way. Items had some nice ideas but once again was utilized poorly (Spinner might be the most amazing and disappointing item in Zelda). And the world looked boring. The only place that I can really remember is the Twilight Realm and the ice place. Characters felt like they should have mattered more but quickly forgot about (shouldn't we have brought the kids back to their parents?). And randomly Ganondarf appeared when it was the only time in the time line he shouldn't have the Triforce.

SS was bad in almost every possible way. Skyloft should have been like the Great Sea but really just an annoying hub world since now everything feels less connected. Combat was annoying (not bad but it really didn't work as well as it should). Fi was the most annoying companion in the history of video games where she retold already known information over and over again plus acting like a computer AI which really didn't work. Everything is so linear. Having to fight the same bosses multiple times with the imprisoned 3 times and he's one of the worse bosses in Zelda.
>>
>>323274456
>like if another company was allowed to make a bad imitation

That has better mechanics.
>>
>>323270850
I still rate it the same, which is on par with TP as my least favourite 3D Zelda (still enjoyed both though). Its a shame, because there were quite a few good things in that game, but it just fell over in too many places.

Whomever designed the lanayru sections better be working on the next Zelda though. That area was consistently golden
>>
>>323274334
You may as well not be a Zelda fan then, we don't want more people in the fanbase who are fine with linear, no exploration needed, story focused bullshit.
>>
>zelda games
>do baby puzzles to get to baby combat

Its always been boring shit.
>>
>>323277414
His older videos were more interesting.
https://a.uguu.se/oeamfi_wiifolderjosh.flv
>>
>>323277414
see, that's the issue with skyward sword. the controls work well. very well, but no one wants to do big full swings like that. i just wanna play the fucking video game.
>>
File: speccy.png (37KB, 473x351px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
37KB, 473x351px
i guess i should ask while the thread is here, could i emulate skyward sword at 1080p? apparently my setup is running melee at 1080p/60fps with no drops but it feels like its constantly dipping
>>
>>323277926
SS is actually currently the closest thing to that now aside form Squadala
>>
>>323278512
this. Although i would say that the controls only work like 95-99% of the time, which is entirely unreasonable when a controller would have worked 100% of the time.
>>
>>323275740
>The only major IP that hasn't been tarnished or ruined by Nintendo at this point is probably Pikmin.

Kirby is still very consistent, so I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
I'm fairly excited about Zelda U. ALBW looked like they are actually serious about a more open worldness (not completely open which I'm happy for). Plus with Monolith help (you can see the influence in how the gamepad mapping looks) I'm ready to play it hopefully this year.
>>
>>323277414
The controls worked fine most of the time, but fighting in that game was a bit of a chore. Especially since enemies would read your movements and block a lot of the time.
>>
>>323270850
No it isn't. Never has been. It was just made up by Majora & Wind Waker-loving manchildren who were butthurt that their infantile children's locked door puzzle games weren't well received.

Zelda, Zelda II, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time are the only Zelda games that had great acclaim from players. With Majora and on, favor of the series plummeted, the only one that saw a spike of attention was Twilight Princess because lots of people thought it might have been a return to classic Zelda's focus on fighting and exploring dungeons.
>>
>>323279556
>Majora
>implying

It's an objectively better game than OOT and the fanbase only started to crack and go full autist come Wind Waker.
>>
Skyward Sword is ok. I really liked the desert area the time stones and the waggle sword combat was nice. Really neat visual style too. The story is arguably the best in the entire franchise, but then again Zelda has never really been about the story.

The worst thing I can say about it is that it's too fucking easy. I still can't believe they put those stupid healing stools in multiple places in each dungeon.
>>
>>323270850
No. It is so bad it changed the way the world works.
>>
>>323279426
Became worse when they started having electric clubs. So when the enemy suddenly change their blocking right when you moved your sword you got punished for the stupid controls.
>>
I've said it was my favorite 3D zelda since it came out, Wind Waker being a close second. My friends all said it looked meh, and didn't play it, and one of them recently played it and loved it so I guess the cycle is kind of real.
>>
>>323280481
You can sword beam them from a distance, to knock them down though, to not deal with that.
>>
>>323280576
That's what I did soon but you first started meeting them where there's tight hallways and tiny rooms. So your first thought is to try to hit them.
>>
>>323280576
that and you can use the shield parry to knock them off balance.

but either scenario means you are no long making full use of the wiimote's sword play, which defeats the purpose of having it in the first place
>>
>>323272129

This
>>
File: Untitled.png (113KB, 226x338px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
113KB, 226x338px
>>323279426
>Tfw it's easier to just whack them before they can adapt to their defense pose

Even the game admits it's combat system was ass, this is all I did in the horde battle.
>>
File: The Legend of Zelda (6184).jpg (990KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The Legend of Zelda (6184).jpg
990KB, 1600x1600px
>>323270850

I never hated it.
>>
>>323280728
I think this sums the problem of the combat. The electric cub enemy is just a more powerful version of one of the first enemy. An enemy who's sole reason is to demonstrate getting around enemies defense. And the electric cub version is to show a level of mastery of the combat. And we are talking about ways of fighting it that doesn't involve actual sword combat. So his sole reason of being becomes moot.
>>
>>323270850
Wait until Zelda Wii U, dummy. The cycle only works for games that aren't the most current console title.
>>
>>323273292
Demise is better than most Zelda final bosses by a long shot.
>>
>>323270850
Except it's not real. Skyward Sword is bad since its release and it'll stay bad forever, just like the original Zelda, CDI Zeldas and Majora's Mask.

>inb4 some tasteless faggot with no clue about what's a fact and what's an opinion answer this post with the words troll, bait and shit taste
>>
>>323280047
>Fedora's Mask
>objectively better game than OOT
Yeah whatever I love watching the hipsters come out of the woodwork with this shit
>>
>>323283773
It's a gaiden game to Ocarina but it's damn good at it too. No other game would take Ocarina, shove it in a new smaller world then put in a time limit and actually make it work both as a extension of Ocarina's narrative and a game on it's own.

Slightly overrated.
>>
File: eBHnJLE.jpg (17KB, 271x600px) Image search: [Google]
eBHnJLE.jpg
17KB, 271x600px
>>323271860
Are you retarded?
>>
>>323271838
Yes, it is.
>>
>>323271860
For a Zelda game that's an F.
>>
No, because he looks like he's in the middle of HRT with the tranny face
>>
>>323284090
>Slightly
Bait
>>
>>323270850
Main line Zelda games have only been getting worse and worse. Each one shitter and unenjoyable then the last. This is a fact.
Zelda PiiU is going to be gay shit for drooling underage baby-retards too. Until Nintendo stops treating their fans like babies it's never going to change.
>>
>>323272476
I don't remember a single Zelda game that looked like "moeshit".
Potentially official art, but in-game? Nah.
>>
>>323278121
MM got "grimdark" right. They simply should have expanded on that, if they wanted to do that.
>>
>>323279172
LBW was the best Zelda in ages. It really got my hopes up.
>>
>>323270850
No it's a shit game and the worst zelda game
>>
The controls were terrible I don't understand how anyone enjoyed the combat
>>
>>323270850
Until they release the new zelda it is still shit.
>>
>>323275265
This times a bajillion. It's how sequences (and by extension names) work. Later parts influence the meaning of earlier ones. You buy Sonic Heroes and think it's a steaming pile of shit, but when you play '06, Heroes could be a lot worse. It works both ways, obviously. Sunshine looked amazing when it came out but is saved more by its style than its actual assets and engine today.
>>
>>323287782
MM was a weird game. It was literally made on a dare. To make a Zelda game in less than a year. The problem with TP was that Nintendo felt they lost fans with the childish WW look. But the problem is they just couldn't get the subtleties down. So all the weird dark parts makes no fucking sense. Like did they ever explain the whole scene of Link can turn evil?
>>
>>323274205
Game might be shit, but "nobody likes it" is plain wrong.
>>
>>323270850

No, skyward sword a shit
>>
>>323288526
I just took that as symbolism to that whole origin story we were told. Link and that village girl were just props to tell it essentially.
>>
>>323289267
Guess just felt weird they talked about how easily Link could get corrupted and become just as bad as anyone just never use it. But TP has a lot of things they build up but never capitalized on.
>>
>>323270850
No, it's a vocal minority like you that keeps trying to push it on people unaware that the more you try to push shit on /v/ the more they're gonna hate it. Unfortunately for you casuals you're just not realizing most people are sick of gimmicks. Skyward sword will never not be "that wiimotion plus promotional game". The combat sucked and was handholdy "cut the dotted line" handholdy bullshit, the world design was lazy as all fucking hell. Flying sucks and was never expanded on properly, and to top it off most bosses and dungeons blew moblin nuts. Fuck skyward, its awful.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.