[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play the original version on the Wii or remaster on PC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75KB, 333x472px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75KB, 333x472px
Should I play the original version on the Wii or remaster on PC?
>>
It depends.
Do you have a CRT connected to your wii?
If so then yes.
If you don't, just get the PC version but make sure to play in 4:3
>>
Whichever takes less effort to do.
>>
>>323205976
original's 480i and looks passable at best on modern HD TVs.

If you only got an HDTV / monitor, play the HD Remaster. Just notice that it added a new "Very Easy" difficulty, and the game-breaking 2D control scheme. Don't use either one of those.
>>
>>323206220
>tfw picked very easy by complete accident
why don't they just fucking say V easy, Easy, Normal. I assumed it was Easy Normal Hard and at the time I only had a semi broken controller.
>>
>>323206102
I actually had the same question and this was exactly what I was looking for. I tried it for a few minutes on my CRT and it looked fucking fantastic.

RE0 Remaster is supposed to be a proper remaster since they have the original assets, right?
>>
>>323205976
pc

re at 60fps is hnnnnng
>>
>>323206220
Thanks, I checked out and turns out it's one of the few games that doesn't support 480p. PC version it is.
>>
I'm emulating the cube version, How do I shoot zombies in the head?
>>
>>323206485
Yes, the BGs are re-rendered at much higher resolution in the Zero's HD remaster.
>>
>>323206485
Yeah they "allegedly" are actually improving upon the original assets to fix that problem instead of just basically ripping from the game disc.

REmake on an actual good CRT actually looks better than PC imo. The PC version isn't bad by any means, it's still a fantastic game regardless. But the PC treatment wasn't that well done.
>>
File: REmake Jill fireplace room.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REmake Jill fireplace room.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>>323206797
the REmake's HD port ain't perfect in all sections, but it's still pretty good all around. It's not at least terrible at any point.

Keeping the resolution a bit lower can actually "help" the game and its few slightly more problematic areas to look nice.
>>
>>323208005
oh I agree. I guess I should have prefaced it by saying it's not a broken port. It works. They just didn't really use the possible strengths of the platform though because it's a multiplat release.
>>
PC using original control scheme and 4:3 display.

Otherwise everything is pan and scan and zoomed in even more making it look shittier than it really is and the new controls are just fucked since they don't change with the camera angle changes.
>>
What's bad about the new control scheme? For a while I thought it was cool, but I couldn't knife the zombie after it fell. Did they remove the feature or controls suck?
>>
>>323208692
The games camera angles constantly change, but the controls aren't made for that so you constantly have to stop and readjust yourself. It's just disorienting.

Tank controls are necessary for fixed angles like RE.
>>
>>323208692
The new control scheme is bad on a lot of fronts, but the biggest one is that it doesn't adjust with every camera angle switch. It was just lazily thrown in without any thought for all the people bitching about tank controls.
>>
Remake is good on both pc and bone. Played more on the bone senpaitachi
>>
Lol get this so i write f a m s and i get senpaitachi it wasnt me
>>
>>323206797
>REmake on an actual good CRT actually looks better than PC imo.

You could just hook up your PC to a CRT and play it at a lower resolution you know.
>>
>>323209421
But the assets don't look as good on the PC version, is the problem. Because they just upscaled them so if you try to downscale them yourself it looks off.
>>
File: remake hd jill.jpg (213KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
remake hd jill.jpg
213KB, 1920x1200px
>>323208692
-Looks wonky (character's make sharp, instantenous turns and accelerations)
-Breaks the game (enemy AI goes full retard if you 360 run in front of them at the speed of light)
-Just damn awful to control with the changing camera-angles, especially in bossfights, some puzzles, and when running away from anything.

>>323209339
>being this new and cancerous
>>
Pc cause you can make a nude busty Jill mod
>>
Here's another question. Remake is 60 fps on PC, but 30 on consoles and not as upscaled. Which suits better for the game?
>>
>>323210890
I'm glad someone brought this up. 30fps suits the game way way better. 60 feels way too sped up to me, it makes the game easier. It plays just fine, audio is synced proper and all, but it definitely feels better than original REmake, and I cant say its in a 100% good way.

I can also recommend using a door animation skip mod for PC.
>>
>>323206710
Bump
>>
I've seen a diehard RE fan who loves the classics praise the new control scheme as the best way to play because it makes the game feel more fluid, and then called me a fucking moron when I told him it breaks the game balance and that it just wasn't what the game was built for in mind.

Man, I get tank controls are an old limitation kind of thing, but my first RE game was Revelations 2 last year and I didn't mind jumping back into the originals afterwards on a bit of a classic RE binge, especially with tank controls in mind.
>>
>>323211421
This. You gotta play it with old control scheme, 3d controls break the fucking game.

>>323211415
You can't aim for the head with the handgun.
>>
File: 2015-12-02_00001.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00001.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>323210890
Original game was running at 30fps on the 60hz mode, and at 4:3. That's technically how it was designed to played at, and the 60fps doesn't really add anything to the experience, besides satisfying the most extreme PC elitists.

I personally replayed REmake using the PC's HD remaster just recently, using my laptop connected to TV via HDMI, and an Xbox gamepad. I played at 720p and 30fps, partly because the machine's struggling at anything higher, and partly because it looks more authentic. I did use 16:9 mode though, just to fill my TV's image and thus better see details in the environments.
>>
>>323211147
>I can also recommend using a door animation skip mod for PC.
Gaaaay
>>
>>323211604
Widescreen mode is really really bad. Makes the shitty photoshopped backgrounds look far worse plus it kills FOV way too much. I find 4:3 work way better.
>>
>>323211724
It's done well. There is a fade to black/fade in animation.
>>
>>323211887
I prefer my doors.
It's a taste and atmosphere matter.

REmake isn't exactly designed to be played in haste anyway.
>>
>>323212560
I actually agree with you. However I lost my save file roughly around entering the lab area so I am just wanting to get done with the the game before RE0. I do agree that door animations make for a lot of game, making you take your time and thinking how you are going to take on the next room.
>>
>>323205976

I actually prefer the original version; I'm not sure why. I didn't play it until years after I played REmake, so it's not nostalgia in this case. It's just more fun to play for reasons I can't discern.
>>
>>323214069

And I just realized you're talking about REmake GC vs REmake PS3 and PC, not PSX RE vs REmake.
>>
File: REmake GC vs RE1 PS1-2x2.jpg (279KB, 1024x825px) Image search: [Google]
REmake GC vs RE1 PS1-2x2.jpg
279KB, 1024x825px
>>323214069
Original RE1 is kinda more chill, both atmosphere and gameplay-wise. You can pop all zombies and not worry about them, and everything's more colorful, less grimdark, and characters sound goofier on top.

The original's visual design and mood does have its own charm, I give you that. I still find REmake the definitive version of original Resi, and the one that can be taken seriously. It was also that one game that truly made me realize the might of "next generation" back in the day; the difference in visual quality was mindblowing.
>>
>>323214917
You deeeefinitely cant shoot all zombies in RE1 original. Directors Cut gives you a new handgun with insane critical %, you can one shoot 3 out of 5 zombies. But original is fucking hard man.

Also definitely not more colorful and less grimdark. REmake is scary, dont get me wrong, but RE1 is probably the eeriest prerendered background game.
>>
>>323214917
Except it wasn't the power of next gen, but the power of big bucks. Remake simply has bigger budget. PS1 could have handled those background though.
>>
File: REmake basements zombie grab.jpg (254KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
REmake basements zombie grab.jpg
254KB, 1280x719px
>>323215918
>You deeeefinitely cant shoot all zombies in RE1 original.
But I did. Mastering the shotgun makes it extra easy, and it's more forgiving when it comes to timing than in REmake.

>>323216001
PS1 couldn't had managed those hi-poly models and dynamic lighting. I doubt it could've dealt with all those animated elements in BGs either.

All in all, I find Remake to be a brilliant example of both money and love being put into one magnificent project, that also demonstrated that games no longer need to look blocky and pixelated mess.
>>
Fuck, I need to finish RE1 so my autismo let's me play REmake.
>>323209579
Oh yeah, and they used vaseline in some backgrounds right? Not every single one afaik
>>
Do cutscenes count towards total play time?
>>
>>323216776
>but I did

Bullshit. If you wanna nitpick, why don't we mention how hunters are a fucking joke in REmake since you can literally run and clip through them. In RE1 its a different thing, return to mansion will fuck your shit up.
>>
>>323217025
All the BGs were re-scaled and filtered. Some areas were touched up more than others, and certain elements were re-created from scratch.
The end result ain't quite as bad as in some of the pre-release screencaps. The lighting effects were improved in many ways, the self-shadowing and the added dynamic lights & shadows being cast from more sources are the most notable examples.

>>323209812
>>323208005
these are good examples how good the game can look. It's not quite UHD compatible quality, but definitely good enough for regular HD resolutions.

>>323217195
I just literally finished the original twice in a row, with both characters, in November. Had no real issues, and Magnum I saved exclusively for Hunters.

I did, however, get stuck into a stun-lock in REmake, caused by a circling and attacking hunter. Only managed to escape thanks to their trademark insta-decap attack's signaling scream animation.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.