[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate Nintendo now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: 1436227402537.jpg (42KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1436227402537.jpg
42KB, 500x300px
Why does /v/ hate Nintendo now?
>>
>>323180575
/v/ is composed mainly of people with glowing childhood memories of Nintendo and are now PC or Playstation players because they've grown outside of Nintendo stated demographic -- children.

That's the long and short of it.
>>
>>323180990
Either that or autistic manchildren who care waaaay too much about console war faggotry
>>
>>323180575
Censoring their shitty games
>>
>regionlocking
>gimmicky, weak console
>shitty localizations
>treating their audience like genuine retards who cannot think for themselves
>amiibo
>casualization of what were already casual franchises
>new games are too "safe"

I will not deny that the Wii had great games but it was beginning of Nintendo's fall from grace.
>>
File: image.jpg (329KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329KB, 960x1280px
>>323180575
Because nintendo only sells baby games for manchidren and they sre shit compared to the microsoft and or
>>
>>323181313
This post is what I came to post.
Thank you for saving me from typing that.
Also, I would like to add:
>censorship
or if you want to quote XBX Lin's voice actor:
>localization
>>
Nintendo is a company pushing the boundaries of imagination as little as they can get away with then releasing a new game. That's fucking criminal.
>>
>>323180575
Because I'm poor and the scalping shit pisses me the fuck off, there's no excuse for it
Check Pikmin 3, Bayo 2 and Devil's Third on Amazon
>>
>>323180575
because I'm not the target audience anymore.
I don't like mario anymore, never cared for zelda. Also nintendo makes money off kids and Nostalgiafag that will buy the SAME FUCKING GAME just with sightly better graphics and a new gimmick every 1/2 year.
>>
Amiibos.
>>
Anon, Nintendo does so many things wrong, but a lot of us tolerated it anyway because we grew up with them and love them.
But that isn't enough, for a healthy relationship to work both partners must put in a good amount of effort to please the other.
Something's got to give.
>>
Because /v/ are just shitposting.
In all seriousness non of the consoles are bad, of course. (don't say this outside this thread however, pick one console you like and be obnoxious about it)

Nintendo games are too fluffy and kawaii for the average BF and CoD audience here. Even when we finally put console war aside, PC, PS4 and xbone receive much better reaction from /v/

The only clear difference these 3 have that Wii doesn't is, of course, normie western AAA
>>
most games became so shit people dropped gaming as a hobby.
>>
>>323180575
Most of us Nintendyearolds bought PS4s for XMas, so we are free from the shackles that exclusive ownership of Nintendo consoles forced upon us.
>>
>>323182247
this
>>
I've always thought that this sub likes Nintendo the most out of all consoles.
>>
>>323180575
/v/ never liked nintendo, also nintendo has always been shit
>>
/v/ goes back and forth between loving and hating different companies depending on things like news, events or a backlash against too much love/hate and the shitposting that follows. It's a cycle that keeps the community in equilibrium, much like how your body regulates body temperature or that thing with wolf and deer populations.
>>
>>323180990

More like they grew up with the PS2.
>>
File: rehashstation.jpg (1MB, 2334x1662px) Image search: [Google]
rehashstation.jpg
1MB, 2334x1662px
>>323182079

IT'S

OKAY

WHEN

SONY

DOES

IT
>>
>>323181313
Nintendo falls since N64 times.
I don't know if Nintendo wouldn't be a third-party developer if Wii didn't happen.
>>
>>323182310
>BF and CoD mass market
FTFY

Nintendo has some higher-ups that made their dream games, were extremely disappointed when SURPRISE no one fucking liked that garbage, and now they've decided to just slash costs and make generic games that THEY THINK will still make them stand out in kids' minds because of name recognition alone, but it won't.
>>
/v/ hates Nintendo because they make fun games but only for their console

and sometimes they fund bayonetta 2
>>
>>323180575
Because their under the illusion that Nintendo is for kids when in actual fact Nintendo come out with some incredibly fun games for any age. I have just recently started playing the older LoZ titles and realise that this is actually way more engaging than shitty modern games like MGS:V or Fallout 4.
>>
File: 1445901858970.jpg (522KB, 700x1911px) Image search: [Google]
1445901858970.jpg
522KB, 700x1911px
Also the fanbase is more cancerous than undertale
>>
>>323181313
I don't hate Nintendo by any stretch, but this pretty much sums up my opinion on them.
>>
>>323185783
Play more video games
>>
>>323184753
>b-but Sony!
>>
>>323180575
Because the ONLY reason I stuck with them is because they weren't as evil, anti consumer and terrible as the other companies. That began to change with Wii and with Wii U went all the way. Amiibo basically being 40 dollar Day 1 on disc DLC made me just boycott the company, and I was a nintendrone since 88.
>>
Neo-Nintendo. I still play the classics.
>>
>>323180990
I grew up with a NES, and have fond memories, but I agree.

But I'm glad that Nintendo's still around for kids to have fun provided by the same company I did.
>>
>>323184487
This, like really though. Sony kids are born to hate Nintendo.. I have a ps4 and Wii U. I was a Nintendo fan to start with. I love both.
>>
Unpopular opinion time

2011-2014 was Nintendo's second golden age in terms of software quality.
>>
It's a meme.
>>
>>323181313
>regionlocking
>gimmicky, weak console

Both of these will be remedied with NX at least. That's all but confirmed.

>shitty localizations
This is kind of overblown with regards to Nintendo, it's kind of a /pol/ish meme that's been gaining traction since things like gamergate. If you want to really get into this you'll find Nintendo isn't at all in a special class with regards to this. The other thing is that this is exacerbated by region locking, which as above will be remedied with NX.

>amiibo
There isn't anything wrong with Amiibo, if you think there is you probably have some misunderstanding about the content they offer or their rarity (both which are not real issues).

>casualization of what were already casual franchises
How does that make any sense? This is also an industry trend and Nintendo does a decent job making games that people of various skill levels can enjoy, which isn't easy. If you're whining because world 1-1 is easy that always makes me laugh.

>new games are too "safe"
Industry problem and market problem.

You need people to buy off the wall games more if you want this to change. It's unreasonable to ask publishers to fund lots of unique titles that nobody buys. Thankfully Splatoon is very successful, that means very good things for Nintendo and for consumers. It might mean younger people at Nintendo getting more room to work on creative projects.

>it was beginning of Nintendo's fall from grace
Very silly comment, N64 was absolutely the decline but I'm guessing you have nostalgia working against why you'd think that.

As for the decline in general, it's more about actual competition coming to the table, before N64, Sega was the dominant competitor and they were doomed basically from the introduction of the SNES. There was no scenario where they stayed strong and I think they're better as a 3rd party anyway.

With Sony and Microsoft they've done a lot of damage to the video game industry if you're somebody who liked the 4th gen.
>>
>/v/
>hating nintendo
nigger there are like 10 threads every day about nintendo.
Stop pretending.
>>
>>323180575
Push back from all the years this shithole has been Nintendogaf
>>
>>323186908

>"I have no real comeback after being btfo with my hypocrisy!"
>>
>>323193394
>can't use d-pad and analog at the same time
>this makes it bad
I never understood the confusion around this controller.

When do people use d-pad and analog sticks simultaneously on other controllers?

If they do, do they also need to use face buttons as well?
>>
>>323180575
Cause they're doing weird shit
>>
I dislike the constant hardware revisions
I'm glad the 'new' 3ds sold like shit, I hope they learn from that but they probably won't
>>
>>323196015
They always did that.
>>
>>323196194
>sold like shit
It really didn't unless your standard for shit is quite high.

They measure 3DS SKUs together, but its collectively the most selling hardware this generation.

It eclipses the combined sales of the three home consoles.
>>
>>323193105
>With Sony and Microsoft they've done a lot of damage to the video game industry if you're somebody who liked the 4th gen.
>>
Last year's E3 was shit. It opened our eyes to how awful Nintendo can be.
>>
File: 1451593306857.jpg (27KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
1451593306857.jpg
27KB, 592x448px
Because they stole Monster Hunter from my Vita
>>
I wish they would sell the Metroid IP to a company that actually cares about making a gritty 2D Metroidvania featuring a qt merc in a power suit.
>>
>>323196641
Do you disagree? I can't really tell.

Sony popularized cinematic experiences in games (made possible by CD-rom) and that changed an aspect of video games that I personally think was detrimental.

The reason games like Gone Home exist is because things like what I mentioned above paved the way for artistic games that don't prioritize gameplay.

Microsoft introduced subscription services for online play, which Sony hungrily copied for gen 8. That is cancerous to the extreme. I only play online games on Wii-U for consoles for that reason. It's unacceptable to me to pay for "free" games that I don't care about just so I can actually have internet play with other people (which is really spotty considering they charge you).

Just a lot of bad industry practices are traceable to Microsoft and Sony. In comparison Nintendo's bad practices are less egregious.
>>
>>323180575
/v/ is one person
>>323196684
pretty much this. I bought a 299$ dedicated MH3U console that does NOTHING else good, and didn't even get MH4U.
Now i have to play on a shitty uncomfortable low resolution handheld.
Thanks capcom/nintendo :(
>>
>>323197426
Capcom follows the $.

The $ is on 3DS, not Vita.

Looks like you need to blame the market. Also you could blame Sony for fucking up their handheld install base.

They had the power to make Vita a thing, they chose to not do that.
>>
E3 2015
>>
I don't think about Nintendo. I'm not in the market for the stuff they make so they have a hard time getting inside my head, particularly because I had a Playstation and a PS2 when I was a child so they can't play to my nostalgias.

It does irritate me that they own Metroid, but I don't think about that series very often these days, for some reason.
>>
File: 1449594138136.jpg (67KB, 452x314px) Image search: [Google]
1449594138136.jpg
67KB, 452x314px
>>323197426
If you can't take the 3DS you can always emulate Freedom Unite, Tri and P3rd on your PC for high res and some graphical upgrades
It's quite cozy
>>
/v/ as a whole hates everything. Literally everything. The more they hate something, the more they feel the need to talk about it constantly.
It's kinda pathetic really.
>>
File: 1450025661532.png (27KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1450025661532.png
27KB, 512x512px
>>323200880
I do deny several of his claims, more specifically the severity of them.

I mean Christ, you have a preconceived belief on it that I can't change, that's all.

It's a post for people that want some context and perspective.

His post had about 1/10th the effort mine did. If you want to say more and criticize specifics of what I said, I will respond in kind.
>>
>>323193105
>It's literally okay when Nintendo does it: The Post
>>
File: 1451074720560.png (73KB, 406x218px) Image search: [Google]
1451074720560.png
73KB, 406x218px
>>323201105
Again with the shitty no-answer, no argument responses.

ACTUALLY TRY AND SAY SOMETHING.

I want to debate you guys but you can't write more than a sentence.
>>
>>323184487
if you grew up with ps2 as your first console you dont deserve to be here
>>
>>323181313

I enjoy my Wii U and 3DS, but this.
>>
>>323184753

The big difference is that Nintendo has practically non-existent third party support. So yeah, Sony has series that they keep making more of, but they also have a lot of other IP's and games. With Nintendo you basically just get the same games over and over again. If when a new game IP happens to come out it usually sells like shit and is never heard from again.
>>
>>323187295
Oh, and they also are masters of artificial scarcity. Many Nintendo games and the like end up going to double MSRP after a year due to inadequate supply. Look at bayonetta 2, your ass ain't ever playing that if you didn't get it day 1 and don't want to spend 120 on a copy now
>>
>>323181313
All of this shit has been extremely frustrating to deal with. You look at last year's E3 and this year's lineup and it's just miserable for Nintendo.

Special mention to NoA's total incompetence in every regard that has me turning to piracy.
>>
>>323193105
>There isn't anything wrong with Amiibo, if you think there is you probably have some misunderstanding about the content they offer or their rarity (both which are not real issues).
If you think amiibo is fine then you are likely ignorant of the content they offer and falsely think it's just fluff. Things like characters, exclusive weapons, stages, modes and basically anything that can effect gameplay is NOT inconsequential, and charging 12 dollars for a character is more than any other company in the industry charges

>Both of these will be remedied with NX at least. That's all but confirmed.
Promises mean jack, we;re talking about the here and fucking now.

>This is kind of overblown with regards to Nintendo, it's kind of a /pol/ish meme that's been gaining traction since things like gamergate. If you want to really get into this you'll find Nintendo isn't at all in a special class with regards to this. The other thing is that this is exacerbated by region locking, which as above will be remedied with NX.
Yes, they are special with this and people do not support them due to this. You have no way to justify censoring a fucking mature rated game.
>>
>>323203006
>If you think amiibo is fine then you are likely ignorant of the content they offer...
>Things like characters, exclusive weapons, stages, modes and basically anything that can effect gameplay is NOT inconsequential
Give me the specific examples you're talking about. If you generalize I can't answer you, you can hide behind obscure, vague "problems".

Give me your specific examples. If there are so many it should be easy, I look forward to them.

>Promises mean jack, we;re talking about the here and fucking now.
True, but let's see what happens since the word is that both of those things are being addressed.

As of right now, they are still problems.

>You have no way to justify censoring a fucking mature rated game.
I didn't say I was justifying the changes they made for localization. I was explaining that they aren't special and that they're being targeted asymmetrically for some reason (the reason is entirely speculative but self-evident).
>>
File: 1418703887056.png (130KB, 1289x733px) Image search: [Google]
1418703887056.png
130KB, 1289x733px
>>323201979

Yeah ok
>>
>now
Anyways, I've grown to be distant with Nintendo.
I don't hate them, but I hate some of their practices and inability to compromise or give real fans what they want.
Ultimately they're just not popular or hip anymore, and rather than branching out have doubled down on their appeal to children.
Old Nintendo was made for kids but it was never anything blatant, and often they hid some not so kid friendly content behind difficulty curves and bonuses only older and more experienced players would find.

I still like Nintendo, but damn they are pig headed and hard to love anymore.
>>
>>323203496
>Give me the specific examples you're talking about. If you generalize I can't answer you, you can hide behind obscure, vague "problems".
Fire emblem characters unlocked in Codename steam
Top weapon unlock in hyrule warriors, a weapon in that game is essentially a character
Giant mushroom in Mario Maker. This is not a costume, it gives a game play ability you can design an entire level around. There is NO WAY to recreate this without the amiibo
Stages in splatoon. Yes, these are gameplay even if you think it doesn't matter. It extends the games criminally short length on a game that released with nearly no content. Mario party unlocks an entire mode, with no other way to recreate it. Kirby gives you cheats. Second player in wooly world.

>True, but let's see what happens since the word is that both of those things are being addressed.

Why even comment then if you have no rebuttal outside of "yes, it is a problem and is happening but that's okay because if we pray hard, it may change"?

>I didn't say I was justifying the changes they made for localization. I was explaining that they aren't special and that they're being targeted asymmetrically for some reason (the reason is entirely speculative but self-evident).
They are special at this, no other company censors like this anymore for t and adult games, I am sorry. No, not even Mikas ass slap removal is going to compare with removing character customization features.
>>
>>323204301
>Fire emblem characters unlocked in Codename steam

The characters are worse than every other character, with one exception.

If the argument is that you need those characters to get the full game experience, I would say that's not true.

It is CONTENT, of course. That content is stuff people who invest in the Amiibo get exclusively. It's not content that ruins the game in any way by not having.

>Top weapon unlock in hyrule warriors,
This is ridiculous. Have you even played this game? I have and I don't have a specific Zelda series Amiibo to get the Spinner. You can get every other weapon without it, the Spinner is the only lock and with the ENORMOUS amount of content the game has this is a non-issue. It's not even the best weapon for Link. So again the argument becomes

>Well I want all the content, even if it's not game-breaking

That's a fine opinion but you don't get it unless you get an Amiibo, that's the reality. It's not something that ruins the game though.

>Giant mushroom in Mario Maker.
You can experience it without the Amiibo by playing other levels.

You can't add it to a level you make without it. That's true. Probably the only good example but it's not something that ruins the game in any way. In fact with regards to other Amiibos that game does them well.

>Why even comment then
I'm saying that they are adressing these problems, how is that bad?

>They are special at this, no other company censors like this anymoregames,
False.
Check out KOEI
>>
>>323204885
I forgot to

>inb4 I get a response like

"Well you're just saying it's okay when Nintendo does it"

Try not to make the whole response a meme.
>>
>>323204301
>Implying you have to buy Amiibos

I'll say the censors are pointless but everyone does this out of fear of psychotic fat chicks and their white knights
>>
Really it has been over the last year or two. Increasing amount of censorship, going back on their promise about DLC, splitting games into multiple parts when they dont need to be, not selling suff in NA that they are selling in JP and EU, with holding games from NA for 6 months after EU got them (Paper Jam).
It sucks because Nintendo used to be that company to me that could do no wrong, but the writing is on the walls, Nintendo has gone rotten.
>>
>>323181313
Any oldfag will tell you that Nintendo's fall from grace began with the N64.
>>
>>323204885
To unlock every character in codename steam nintendo expects you to spend more money then the game itself costs
and you're defending it
oh geez I hope I don't get banned for disagreeing with you
>>
>>323204885
>The characters are worse than every other character, with one exception.
And? We are not arguing their objective superiority. Yuuki Terumi is one of the worst characters in BBCP but that doesn't change the fact he was DLC and thus content being held back. How good the characters are is utterly irrelevant.

>It's not content that ruins the game in any way by not having.
Not having the full game experience does ruin the game for me. Nintendo used to believe this and that's why there are quotes everywhere on how they said they did not believe in nickle and diming their customers and making them feel cheated, which they now do. This is a very good reason to dislike Nintendo.

>This is ridiculous. Have you even played this game? I have and I don't have a specific Zelda series Amiibo to get the Spinner. You can get every other weapon without it, the Spinner is the only lock and with the ENORMOUS amount of content the game has this is a non-issue. It's not even the best weapon for Link. So again the argument becomes
Again, irrelevant. It is content locked. Stating the locked content isn't worth it does not mean jack shit, because at the end of the day it is still a locked weapon behind amiibo and thus not inconsequential

>That's a fine opinion but you don't get it unless you get an Amiibo, that's the reality. It's not something that ruins the game though.
Subjective again, for me it does ruin the game and this is why I sold my wii U and will never buy a nintendo product again despite having been a nintendo fan likely prior to your Birth.

Cont
>>
>>323184487
PS2 kids should literally get cancer and die.
>>
>>323204885
>You can experience it without the Amiibo by playing other levels.
>You can't add it to a level you make without it. That's true. Probably the only good example but it's not something that ruins the game in any way. In fact with regards to other Amiibos that game does them well.
Again, it is content you cannot access and gives a gameplay ability. The argument is not whether the DLC is worth it or not. It is again held back content you cannot get without overpriced DLC.

>False Check out KOEI
Give some examples.
>>
>>323186005
Only two of those are actually DLC.
>>
>>323205208
It's all mostly NoA that leaves the worse taste in people's mouth, there incompetence stands out farther than the other branches
>>
>>323193105
>Very silly comment, N64 was absolutely the decline but I'm guessing you have nostalgia working against why you'd think that.
Not really, since the only real problem with that console was the cartridges, but those lasted longer than any of my other games and still work. If anything, it showed quantity isn't everything, for the games that were good, were great, and they had an active 2nd party company dishing out amazing work alongside. The GameCube was when things got weary.
>>
>>323203523
I see shitton of Mario games, and couple of sequels for different games. Your point?
>>
>>323203523
wew, you should add all those HD ports and remaster/collections sonyggers love
>>
>>323193105
Here's your $0.05 in eShop credit. Enjoy!
>>
>>323207936
Per generation you fucking retard, it's not the same having 4 marios for the same console. But instead you have like 6 forzas in the same gen.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.