[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with pc gamers and they're relentlessness to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (221KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221KB, 920x900px
What is it with pc gamers and they're relentlessness to defend stealing games. They always have these poor ass excuses justifications

Ex:"if I pirate it and I like I'll buy it"(which they won't they'll pirate the sequel too) and "oh the game sucks anyway so why should I pay for it"(really buddy...)

This is so cringeworthy
>>
>ohboyitsthisthreadagain.txt.dll.exe.bmp.tga.webm
>>
I pirate because I don't want to pay for the game.
Any other justification is pure faggotry and hypocrisy.
>>
Toy are aware that when you construct a strawman in response to someone else's strawman, the two of them don't start fighting right? They're just strawmen.
>>
>>323152496
>if I pirate it and I like I'll buy it (which they won't)

OP just magically knows this
>>
>>323152496
Actually it's logical since demo versions of games are sadly dead and devs now almost never release a demo of their game.

Hence why people pirate games for this purpose.

I pirated XCOM: EW and liked it. Thus I actually went and bought it.
>>
These false flagging wojacks should be a ban-able offence
>>
>>323152496
>>323153818
I sure as hell won't if I can pirate it. Unless its some kind of multiplayer.
I pirate games cuz I don't feel like paying 50€+ for those expensive games
>>
>>323152496
What's with consolefags always thinking PC = steam?
>>
Why would i want to support the developers?
>>
>>323153963
every single game on Steam has a 2 hour demo
>>
>>323152496
>They always have these poor ass excuses justifications
Those are neither excuses nor justifications, but simple explanasions.
Also: >>323153963
>>
>>323154221
It has?

Goddammit.
>>
>>323154354
no
>>
>>323153818
You won't.
>>
>>323154410
I swear I need more coffee.
>>
why the fuck should i waste good money on timewasters like video games or movies

tuff shit for the devs - welcome to RL you fucking nerds
>>
>>323154067
Valve owns PC gaming. Except for the few Blizzard/EA games.
>>
>>323152496
I don't see it as any more of a PC than console problem. It's just gotten a break on console since current gen hasn't been split wide open yet.

There are far better things to be puzzled about though. Like how youth today are actually conservative and more likely to be religious. That shit is just nuts.
>>
>>323153818
Only when its $4.99 on G2A
>>
File: 1449943771482.jpg (94KB, 674x585px) Image search: [Google]
1449943771482.jpg
94KB, 674x585px
DELETE THIS THREAD
NOW
AT ONCE
YOU CAN'T MAKE FUN OF THE MASTER RACE, NOBODY CAN
>>
>>323154221
Refunding doesn't count as a demo. Valve can just say you're "abusing" the system
>>
>>323152496
Pirating definitely can make a series more popular worldwide that's what most fans want but it probably doesn't help to big titles, see crysis.
>>
>>323154614
>somehow PC gamers are sjw's
>>
That offically recognize emulation as apart of their system, literally justifying piracy by simply advocating their platform and they don't even recognize it anymore, it's just software that is entitled to them and to be used in arguments to represent pc gaming
>>
File: 1340788870459.jpg (81KB, 626x624px) Image search: [Google]
1340788870459.jpg
81KB, 626x624px
the reason they defend it is because if the government started actually enforcing copyright laws, we'd all be headed to prison for downloading music and movies illegally.
therefore, attacking "PCfags" because of piracy is utter hypocrisy.

it's the same thing when a fat person tries to tell me smoking is "bad for you". does 50% of the population smoke? is 50% of the population obese?
congratulations, you found the greater issue.
>>
>>323153963
Mafia II had demo before the release and yet it still somehow magically became 3rd most pirated game of its year, behind CoD and BF.
Doesn't sound like the demos are the issue there.
>>
>>323154592
Okay? Are developers now entitled to 59.99 dollarydoos?

Fuck off. I don't care if this whole industry crashes and burns. It's already shitty. If I deemed the value of a game 4.99, I'd pay only 4.99 and not a single cent more.

Now go suck a dick.
>>
>>323154875
Yeah.

Or simply we can justify it that some gamers don't want to buy a game because: a) They don't have the cash, or b) which is more probable, don't want to pay for it.
>>
>>323154221
It doesn't. 2 Hours is:
A). Not a good judgement for all games. Some games are 100+ long RPGs, you don't know if you really want it after 2 hours, that's the average time for the fucking intro dialog in some games.
B). It's not a demo system, it's a refund system. You aren't supposed to use it repeatedly to try out games, it's refund-chaining and Valve specifically calle out on this action as illegitimate and may end it in suspending your ability to refund games.
>>
>>323153068
>I pirate because I don't want to pay for the game.

Yet you still somehow think you're entitled to have it.
>>
File: image.png (72KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
72KB, 210x243px
>>323154841
What an excuse. Wow you proved literally nothing
>>
>>323152496
>music is pirated
>prices go down, albums get tons of extra stuff inside the box to encourage collecting
>digital distributed music becomes more consumer friendly, gives more money to the creators and is cheaper

>movies are pirated
>prices go down, BR's have tons of extra stuff inside the box to encourage collecting
>digital distributed movies become more consumer friendly, give more money to the creators and are cheaper

>games are pirated
>prices go up
>physical distribution devolves into putting few gigs of data on DVD, sometimes even steam installer alone which discourages collecting
>consumers have to use bloated DRM clients to play
>in some cases(Uplay) it makes pirating more convenient option

Hmmm...
>>
>>323155220
When did he say he was entitled to the game, you fucking stupid faggot
He didn't say anything like that
Fuck I'm mad.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 500x333px
>>323154942
Would you go up to a cash register in Walmart when buying a tv? No well I wonder why you wouldn't. Shut the fuck up now you degenerate
>>
devs nowadays are selling shit in a box, they don't deserve 60 dollarinos for it. and if i can get it for free im gonna do it because nothing's stopping me.
>>
>>323155717
If the games are supposedly so bad why do you want to play them in the first place
>>
I pirate EVERYTHING.

I only buy games for a system if that system isn't hacked. Once its hacked I ain't spending a penny
>>
>>323155358
i was answering a question, not proving something, i think that's why you're confused, i just can't tell why my post would upset you.
you're fat, i take it?

figures.
>>
>>323152496
There's nothing to justify. As if console gamers never ever hacked any consoles for piracy. Moralfags and corporate shills can go fuck themselves, so do they buy every damn mp3 that they listen to?
>>
>>323155503

Savage as fuck lmao
>>
consoles pirate games too
>>
>>323156023
Consoles also buy more games than PC.
And console piracy is nowhere near as widespread as PC piracy
>>
Why do i need a justification?I have the choice of 60$ and a game and 0$ and a game.I think i know which one ill take.I only buy multiplayer games since theres no point in pirating
>>
>>323155825
thats my hobby, thing is games are getting worse with time so im complaining about their quality. is it this hard to understand.
>>
Hence the console market will always thrive and prosper. thank you /v/
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 468x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 468x366px
>>323155867
If I ever got upset on 4chan I would be a faggot and here's a pic of me irl
>>
>>323156057
If it was as easy as it is on PC it would be more widespread but you're average consoletard has no clue how to solder or softmod so they're content with getting screwed over by gamestop.
>>
File: 1448310976759.jpg (42KB, 400x459px) Image search: [Google]
1448310976759.jpg
42KB, 400x459px
>>323155378
We all know the people who run the gaming industry are jaded dumb asses. But does that still justify the pirating of games in the first place?
>>
File: ken.jpg (66KB, 866x525px) Image search: [Google]
ken.jpg
66KB, 866x525px
>>323152496
People pirate because they like free games/software, anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves and to the rest.
>>
>>323152496
I only pirate AAA games that most likely suck dick but looks interesting, the latest one was Assassin's Creed Unity, it was shit, so I uninstalled it and have not played it since.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
It's literally impossible for you to justify piracy unless the devs are stealing the games from you and your stealing them back
>>
>>323152609
.gifv because he's redditor.
>>
>>323156253
Willingly paying for someones hard work is being screwed over by GameStop.
>>
>>323156802
What the fuck is a .gifv and why do you know about it?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.