[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outside of the VR room aka tech demo, does the PS4 camera have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (29KB, 600x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 600x303px
Outside of the VR room aka tech demo, does the PS4 camera have any function at all? Why still sell it if its literally useless?
>>
>>323008873
Because xbox has one
>>
>>323008923
Literally this.

Sony is great at waiting for someone else to take a risk with a new hardware gimmick and then copying it.

Nintendo DS = PSP
Wii Motion Controller = PS Move
Kinect = PS camera

They just can't miss out.
>>
>>323009772
Jumping the gun on VR though.
>>
>>323010387
Nope, occulus was announced and then they jumped on the bandwagon
>>
>>323008923
Playstation has had a camera since the ps2
>>
>>323008873
as the one guy who has one, it's used in a few games, racing games use it for head tracking, Until Dawn uses it when you select gesture control scheme, voice commands for the main menu and facial recognition to access your account. games that support the PS Move (literally just the Just Dance games) also use the camera for tracking oh and video for streaming which is it main function.

The DS4's pointer controls used in just Blue Estate work fine without the camera
>>
>>323010754
Dream cast did it first.

Windows probably did it first.

When did Gameboy camera come out?

Sony doesn't have a single creative decision in their business.
>>
>>323008873
The camera is super popular for streaming dumb shit.

It's not for you.
>>
>>323008873

>not knowing about the strange as fuck livestreams on PS4
>>
>>323008873
Video chat
Twitch
Face recognition
Voice commands
Controller tracking for player seating

So yeah, it's not really the most useful thing ever but it's not very expensive either, which is more than I can say of the Kinect which costs half the price of an Xbone. You don't need it but it's there if you want it, and it's totally optional.
>>
>>323011414
So? He said they have one because of the Xbox and he's wrong. That has nothing to do with what I said.
>>
>>323009772
>DS = PSP

?
>>
>>323009772
>Sony is great at waiting for someone else to take a risk with a new hardware gimmick and then copying it.
>Nintendo DS = PSP

I don't even know how you came to the conclusion that the psp copies the ds. There's been tons of other handhelds before the ds like gamegear or neo geo.

>Wii Motion Controller = PS Move
>Kinect = PS camera

Funny thing about both of these is that PS2 had a eyetoy camera with motion capture controls, but everyone ignores that and just claims sony copied everyone else.
>>
File: dualshock-4-blue.jpg (37KB, 620x369px) Image search: [Google]
dualshock-4-blue.jpg
37KB, 620x369px
>>323008873
Screw camera, somebody tell me, is light and touchpad on fucking dualshok 4 were really necessary?
All games I play on PS4 use touchpad as fucking big start button. That's it
blunder of the century, with such battery life.
Also PS4 UI is fucking SHIT. SHIIIIT.
>2nd players picks up controller
> DO YOU WANT TO LOG IN YOUR PSN ACCOUNT? NO? AS GUEST? OK.
>>
>>323011414
>Dream cast did it first.
>When did Gameboy camera come out?

Dreamcast and Gameboy's camera had no motion capture. It was just a regular camera. The ps2's camera actually captured movements and processed it in games.

Not even windows had games with the camera at the time.
>>
Literally a twitch machine, not that it's a bad thing, better than wasting time with PS Move shit
>>
>>323012406
>All games I play on PS4 use touchpad as fucking big start button.

Play Tearaway. Even Killzone used it to summon the drone if you swipe at the touchpad with a certain movement.
>>
>>323012626
>Even Killzone used it to summon the drone if you swipe at the touchpad with a certain movement.
>playing FPS on consoles
tearaway maybe, not really interested in getting it close to full price.
But that's way too little for built in function, I'd better have more battery life.
>>
>>323008873
You can use one with Omega Quintent and dance along i think.
Aren't they using it and Move with VR?
>>
>>323012406
Won't Gravity Rush and Dreams use it? I'm not too sure myself.
I guess it all depends on developers to implement it.
>>
>>323013132
That's the point that aside of very few sony devs nobody cares for that thing. And you can't even turn lights off, pisses me off.
>>
>>323013591
yeah its a shame
you've at least dimmed the light bar, right?
>>
>>323013661
I read that it barely has an effect to battery life so I didn't bother.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 604x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 604x345px
Sony pisses me off with not implementing firmware changes that people unanimously want.

Want to turn off your DS4 lightbar cause the glare off tv is distracting? No!

Want to turn off Vita auto-dim so you can watch a cutscene for more than 10 seconds without having to touch the back to brighten it back up? No!

Ffs
>>
>>323014291
not to mention that only way to wake up Vita is to swipe the fucking screen.
Their OS design is shit
>>
>>323014427
B-b-but iphones are cool...
>>
File: DS4 gold.jpg (489KB, 2475x1727px) Image search: [Google]
DS4 gold.jpg
489KB, 2475x1727px
>>323012406
>All games I play on PS4 use touchpad as fucking big start button.
And what's the problem with that? You actually WANT gimmicks? You are SAD when games like Xenoblade and MonsterHunter3 on the Wii don't require motion controls?

The touchpad is there for devs who want to use it, but in the vast majority of cases Devs and consumers alike don't give a shit about it and use it as a comfy pair of buttons for whatever

Touchpad = 2 extra buttons. The DS4 has 1 more button than Xbone's controller because of it

It also comes in handy for PC emulation, you can use that extra button as the 2x speed toggle, for instance

>blunder of the century, with such battery life.
I agree that we should be able to 100% turn of the light, right now you can set it to "dim" and improve battery life by a few hours. But when PSVR comes the controller will have extra functionality because of it. Anyway there should be an option to straight up turn it off while on in use.

> DO YOU WANT TO LOG IN YOUR PSN ACCOUNT? NO? AS GUEST? OK.
Now you went full retard. How is this bad?
If he has no account, go as a guest. If he has one he can log in and we can play his games. I might have Helldivers and he has N++, so instead of bringing his PS4 over to my place he can just log in into my PS4 and download N++ instead

It's just a very neat featture. It takes you 2 seconds to select "guest" if you don't care, what's the problem?
>>
>>323014835

Calm down, family.
>>
File: kik.jpg (23KB, 446x362px) Image search: [Google]
kik.jpg
23KB, 446x362px
>>323014994
...ok?
>>
>>323014835
I want good controllers, with good battery life. DS4 is pathetic. I can't use DS3 with PS4, can't use PS3 arcade sticks for no good reason. There is no analogue to DS4 controller with stripped down functions.
>Now you went full retard. How is this bad?
sasuga sony defence force
It's unneeded hassle. Why the hell someone who just want to play vs in fighting game need to do tedious unneeded procedure each time he turns on controller?
>It's just a very neat featture. It takes you 2 seconds to select "guest" if you don't care, what's the problem?
that this shit shouldn't exist. That's the problem. You can do that outside the game.
Why the fuck game needs to pause, OS giving you pop up to choose this log on bullshit when you just want to play fighting game with someone?
Fucking sony apologists dumbasses.
You probably will defend PS+ online paywall too. Cause "muh free games"
>>
>>323014835
>It's just a very neat featture. It takes you 2 seconds to select "guest" if you don't care, what's the problem?
watch any fighting game tournament with PS4 and then say that there is no any problem there.
>>
>>323011379
I own the camera as well. I do a lot of party chat and it has EXCELLENT mic quality. It has a very nice build and I'm not too upset I haven;t used it with games yet since I got it for about 25$.
>>
File: DontBurnMeBro.jpg (179KB, 1500x1300px) Image search: [Google]
DontBurnMeBro.jpg
179KB, 1500x1300px
>>323015312
>It's unneeded hassle
It's a menu with 2 options
-click right on the D-pad
-click X
Done. Time wasted: 2 seconds.
I guess they could make guest login the default, but then it would take much longer to log in if you had an account. This way it takes 2 more seconds to log in as a guest but shaves off 15 seconds of going through menus to log in with an account.

Now I read the rest of your comment and you repeat the same thing over and over again. Why are you so butthurt over the guest login? It's just incomprehensible. It's almost as if you need to do it between every match of whichever fighting game you play. It's not like you do it once and then play for hours on end uninterrupted.

>>323015467
>watch any fighting game tournament
sorry, I'm not autistic.
For 99.5% of players who don't go to fighting tournaments this is completely irrelevant

I still don't know how it would affect you on LAN parties. It takes as much time to select the guest option as it would plugging in the constroller's cable

I need to take a pause now. My brain can't process all of this butthurt over a menu with 2 options that you need to look at for 2 seconds.
>>
>>323010617
They at least had the foresight to see it coming though. They already invested in R&D on it to be ready before Oculus was a thing.
>>
>>323012039
No, I said they still sell one because xbox has one.
>>
>>323016296
>It's a menu with 2 options
>-click right on the D-pad
>-click X
>Done. Time wasted: 2 seconds.

play game on PS3.
one button press to activate controller or just plug it in.
Done, time wasted - zero. Why I need to be fine with worse version?

Yeah, no wonder PS4 sold as good as it is, if they manage to appeal to braindead fags like you. Only thing bigger than your stupidity is your wallet.
>>
>>323011414
>a camera
>creative decision
>>
File: comfy.jpg (79KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
79KB, 409x409px
>>323016612
I feel so comfy knowing there are people with nervous breakdowns over the most irrelevant shit out there, ya know?

It's just a warm fuzzy feeling, knowing there is a faggot out there that makes a 10minute raging speech in front of his friends whenever they waste 2 seconds logging in as a guest on his PS4, while they have no idea as to why this little-to-no-effort thing makes their friend so mad.
>>
File: 2685-ring-of-red-002-glduf.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2685-ring-of-red-002-glduf.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>323016928
>literally lol u mad response
just don't forget to put latest offering to holy grail sony shrine in your corner, anon
>>
>>323009772
>Wii Motion Controller = PS Move

Move prototype existed before the Wiimote was ever a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbSzmRt7HhQ
>>
>>323017295
good god you're insufferable
>>
File: GiveFUCK.jpg (48KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
GiveFUCK.jpg
48KB, 500x491px
>>323017295
I replied beforehand with a justification as to why this is better than having guest login set as default
>I guess they could make guest login the default, but then it would take much longer to log in if you had an account. This way it takes 2 more seconds to log in as a guest but shaves off 15 seconds of going through menus to log in with an account.

You chose to ignore it

So I can only assume you are mad as fuck, because you certainly are. Never in my life has I seen anyone talking about this login, much less be angry over it. This is just hilarious
>>
File: 2l9sbbc.png (70KB, 192x170px) Image search: [Google]
2l9sbbc.png
70KB, 192x170px
>>323017621
>sony literally can't do no wrong and PS4 is perfect machine
ok
>>323017679
>they could
they could do a lot of things, yet they chosen the poorest decisions.
and I guess nobody allowed to talk bad about those decisions when they are completely situational and exist for "perfect situation" setup and have no correlation with real life situations at all.
Implementing an option in setting of console is too much of work, need to take a break and count all those PS+ earnings
>>
>>323018014
you're extremely autistic, please be a troll

and I probably hate sony more than you do
>>
File: =D.gif (2MB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
=D.gif
2MB, 400x323px
>>323018014
All that projection on the 3rd guy that replied. Man you mad

>yet they chosen the poorest decisions.
They didn't. It's perfect for me and my friends who actually log in with an account to play each other's games in any PS4.
It's a good compromise between time wasted for guests and time wasted for those with an account.

>and have no correlation with real life situations at all.
Hey, it was you who mentioned fighting LAN tournaments. Something which 99%+ of players don't participate in. Yours is the "completely situational" case, not mine.
I don't see how playing couch co-op with friends who own PS4's has "no correlation with real life situations at all."

I'm sorry if you don't have friends, I guess.

Glad to see the ammounts of butthurt you have over everything playstation-related. Be it PS+ (which none of us mentioned and you are just projecting) or a 2second long menu. You gave your dosh to Sony and you are so butthurt over it. Lovely lovely lovely.
>>
>>323018651
>They didn't. It's perfect for me and my friends who actually log in with an account to play each other's games in any PS4.
>It's a good compromise between time wasted for guests and time wasted for those with an account.
yeah, implying everyone you'll ever play with have a PS4 - not a poor decision what'so'ever.
Sure.
>fighting LAN tournaments
>LAN tournaments
>LAN
okay, kiddo

>I'm sorry if you don't have friends, I guess.
If I haven't any friends I wouldn't be pissed off on this constant pop up thing. Come on, anon, use logic.
>>
File: WELP.jpg (44KB, 340x480px) Image search: [Google]
WELP.jpg
44KB, 340x480px
>>323018884
>yeah, implying everyone you'll ever play with have a PS4
I'm not implying that. I'm saying both people exist. Last time I played co-op was a week ago, on a friend's PS4 and he didn't own N++, so I logged with my account and dowloaded it while we played Gauntlet with a 3rd friend that played as a guest.

You can't make a decision that makes it worse for everyone who owns a PS4, or worse for everyone who doesn't.
You got to compromise at the middle, with a 2 second long menu. That's what they did.

Anyway I'm out. You just keep repeating the same thing. I've wasted more time than what you're worth, over a non-problem.

Keep ragin', have fun with that.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.