[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legacy of the duelist / Yugioh games Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Why are pendulums the worse addtion to the game?

Syncros were stupid at first but then became fun to play with

XYZ were so fun and quick this nigga took a dirt nap twice
>>
File: judai.gif (954KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
judai.gif
954KB, 500x282px
Fusions are best, everything else is shit
>>
>>322947978
I love fusions as well.

Fuck for the longest time I though fusion material monsters had to be on your side of the field to fusion.
Kinda wish that's how it had to be done but with the meta being so fast it has to allow for the hand as well.
>>
File: tumblr_n00ovszkSu1rem1amo1_400.png (420KB, 380x555px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n00ovszkSu1rem1amo1_400.png
420KB, 380x555px
BEST CARD AND CARDFU COMING THROUGH
>>
File: yukijudaihand.png (182KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
yukijudaihand.png
182KB, 500x280px
>>322948596
fusions are my favorite, specially because purple is my fav color and my fav card is a fusion as well.
Contact fusion was a nice addition to not depend so much on poly but in order to make fusions viable they have to keep making fusions not too strict with materials (just certain type or attribute) specially how fast the gameplay is.
>>
Oh boy, 500 posts of genwunners whining about archetypes / Summoning mechanics that weren't OG
>>
>>322947978
The new Blue Eyes fusion is amazing
>>
File: 1431626757490.gif (335KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1431626757490.gif
335KB, 500x375px
>>322950273
Hope they make a retrained BEUD, 4500 atk with no effect is like walking thru a minefield
>>
>>322950584
Yeah it isn't very viable at all, maybe just for that slim chance at summoning blue eyes shining dragon
>>
>>322947845
>tfw banned
Exciton Knight did NOTHING wrong.
>>
>>322948596
Mechanically fusions are just Ritual except you don't need to draw the monster.

Synchro is just fusion except the tuner monster doubles as a polymorph card.

XYZ is the same thing as synchro except the the tuner/ritual card/polymorph card is completly out of the equation. You just need the 2 monsters.

Pendulum is the first genuinly new summoning mechanic. It has a lot of new elements such as how pendulum monsters are never lost, they are can be resummoned and being able to summon multiple monsters at once.

From a purely mechanic point of view pendulum is something yugioh fans should love since it's a huge innovation (it did sort of replace xyz but than again the whole history has been one summoning mechanic replacing another)
>>
>>322952058
Pendulums have so much plus that a first turn exitcon knight, if going second was an easy out to them.

Exitcon was banned because he fucked over pendulum and will likely never return because of that.
>>
Just like all mechanics before it, Pendulum is a fine game mechanic that got ruined by busted-ass cards
Just like the rank 4 engines before it and the Infernities before that
>>
File: Lord Raiza.gif (266KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Raiza.gif
266KB, 400x400px
Friendly reminder that Tribute Summon is the best summoning method. I want Konami to make another form of Normal Summon.
MAI HUSBANDO
>>
>>322952808
xyz was always broken. The new cards always are.

Remember when tour-guide into leviathan was game breaking? You get an instant 2500 attacker with 1 card whenever you want? At that time to get anything out with more than 2100 attack you needed to spend at least 2 cards or have a very specific board condition.

The power creep is ridiculous. Cyber dragon used to be the best you could do without spending more than 1 card.
>>
So I went into this game knowing almost nothing about Yugioh (watched that parady series and that's about it), and I'm having a blast; the card game is super fun.

However, from the little bits of story I get from the game, how could anyone ever take it seriously?

>Yugioh; game is very popular, based off ancient Egyptian contracts with monsters, so all the Egyptian villians must play the game in order to fulfill their honor.
I can dig this; it's no more unusual than Team Rocket never just punching Ash out and stealing the Pikachu
>GX; academy based around a card game, some alien from another dimension from Jaden's brain wants to unify/destroy all life, and they duel with monster cards...because?
Getting pretty stupid; prettt sure an ancient alien doesn't need to play card game rules to take over the world.
>5Ds; neo future city where everything involves the cards and game, even security and wealth. And the dude goes to prison and instead of fights or rape for respect, grown men play a children's card game.
Yeah, at that point I just skipped all the story and played all the duels blind. I have honestly never even heard of a more retarded anime plot (and we're not even mentioning the hair).

Still, the game is fun.
>>
>>322947845
Holy shit is that fucking Kamen Rider Black ?
>>
>>322953921
careful, /v/ is full of 5Dsfags that will fight to the end if you shit on it. Fucking EBIN MOTORCYCLE DUELS DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
>>
>>322956658
>being this mad that 5DS is better than your favorite series
>>
>>322956934
Please, that protag was edgy as fuck.
>>
>>322956658

Oh right, and the motorcycles. It barely mentions it in the game.

Seriously, no one takes the story seriously right? It's just all stupid fun with the card game right?

Card game prisons? Motorcycle card games? The hair? It's all a joke right?

But again, the video game is fun.
>>
>>322957306
>Yusei
>edgy as fuck
>when Yami was before him
???
>>
>>322947845
My dad plays Yugioh (loaded as fuck so burning cash is a complete non-issues) and I want to come out to him in a way he understands. Is there any top tier meta decks you guys can suggest that says "Yes Pa, yes I am"?
>>
>>322958390
Madolche. See >>322949491
>>
>>322952547
>Synchro is just fusion except the tuner monster doubles as a polymorph card.

or the monster doubles as a ritual card.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.