[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Bethesda be able to get away with it yet again? Will they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg (32KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Elder-Scrolls-VI.jpg
32KB, 600x300px
Will Bethesda be able to get away with it yet again?

Will they be able to get away with bugs and glitches out of the ass?
Will they be able to get away with the same old engine reusing the same old damn assets?
Will they be able to get away with awful writing with artifical choices?
Will they be able to get away with more streamlined and removed RPG features?
Will they be able to get away with six houses in the capital city?
Will they be able to get away with five quest guilds that make you guildmaster afterwards?
Will they be able to get away with this one more time when we live in a world were open world games like GTAV, Witcher 3 and MGSV exist?

They'll get away with it won't they?
>>
File: ArmoredTroll.png (329KB, 730x720px) Image search: [Google]
ArmoredTroll.png
329KB, 730x720px
>>322930741

the bugs and glitches are neither game-breaking or that frequent (also to be expected of a huge open world RPG)

already confirmed a new engine is in development

yes, people enjoy their quests, I certainly do

their game, their choice (you retards actually think a multi-billion dollar company will cater to fucking autists on 4chan? they care about pleasing normal people and developing with the game industry, not making a fucking D&D game)

New engine has much greater potential than this, also it's a false statement

22 thieves guild quests
19 companions quests
cba to do the rest

yes they will, there games are fucking good, stop following /v/ for advice it'll only suck you deeper into the hole of depression
>>
>>322930741
>Will they be able to get away with bugs and glitches out of the ass?
yes
>Will they be able to get away with the same old engine reusing the same old damn assets?
yes
>Will they be able to get away with awful writing with artifical choices?
yes
>Will they be able to get away with more streamlined and removed RPG features?
yes
>Will they be able to get away with six houses in the capital city?
yes
>Will they be able to get away with five quest guilds that make you guildmaster afterwards?
yes
>Will they be able to get away with this one more time when we live in a world were open world games like GTAV, Witcher 3 and MGSV exist?
yes
>They'll get away with it won't they?

yes
and it will be GOTY
>>
I hope they do something really different with their next game.
>>
>>322931714
I never said they were complete garbage, but the bar of quality for games that sell like 10 million now should be higher.

But they have now been making pretty much the same game since morrowind now, and they have been steadily removing more features than they have added.

I loved Morrowind, I liked Oblivion, and Skyrim opened my eyes. Bethesda is deadset on making TES as watered down as possbile for the biggest possible audience, and they don't give a fuck about improving on the original formula.

One day you'll feel the same pain I have anon, then you'll understand.
>>
>>322932329
I'm hoping for Elder Scrolls VI: Elsewyr
>>
>>322930741
They did not get away with it this year, so I am optimistic.
>>
>>322935795
>They did not get away with it this year, so I am optimistic.

I'd say 12 million sold for Fallout 4 is getting away with it fucking hard.
>>
MOWWIILLFIGGGGSIIIT!
MOWWWILLLLFIGGGSIIIIIIIIIT!!!
>>
>>322936454
FO4 was still better than Skyrim in literally every aspect.
>>
>>322938592
That's an incredibly low bar considering these are some of the highest selling games out there.
>>
>Will they get away with it
Yes. It's literally ok with normies when a Bethesda game is buggy, bland gameplay, but 100 hours long
>Will they get GOTYs for it?
A few, but not the lions share they got with Skyrim. The audience eats it up, but the journos are burnt out on Bethesda RPG
>>
>>322938592
Skyrim has better writing than Fallout 4
>>
>>322939529
Even if FO4's story is fuzzy and fucked up it's still better than skyrims. Skyrim is just literally Le epic good dovahkiin shit tier fantasy story
>>
>>322938592
Not really, Skyrim's world was a nice departure from Oblivions whilst Fallout 3 and 4 are very similar by comparison.

Fallout 4's dialogue system was god awful and a voiced protagonist is just unnecessary. Skyrims was much better.

The only thing I preferred about Fallout 4 was the settlements system but even that needed big improvements.
>>
>>322931714

might as well give yourself a lobotomy
>>
>>322931714
>new engine
I call bullshit, guaranteed it's just gamebryo with even more code spliced into it's putrid corpse under a new name again.
>>
>>322933479
this
>>
>>322941916
god yes, I love voicing my own character in skyrim
>>
>>322942236
This.

Pretty much the number one reason Bethesda games are so buggy and fucking broken is because they still use that fucking basic framework as base for all their games. It's a dated and flawed build.

If they actually started clean and did everything from the ground up the games would be nowhere near as buggy I think, then again maybe they don't know any other way..
>>
>>322942720
I think if they started from the ground up it'd take years for them to get anywhere. I wonder how ancient some of the code they still use is. Is their engine just adapted from older games they might still have code floating around from Morrowind or even older.
>>
>>322942980
They do, at least most of the old game specific console commands are still floating around in there.
>>
>>322943339
>They do, at least most of the old game specific console commands are still floating around in there.

Disappointed but not surprised.
>>
>>322942980
Todd Howard confirmed in an interview about a year ago that code from Morrowind is still found in their current projects.

That said, Morrowind's their oldest game using that engine, so that's about as far back as it goes. Daggerfall, Battlespire, and Redguard used a totally unrelated engine, and Arena before them used its own engine.
>>
>>322931714
>22 thieves guild quests
That's fucking bullshit, there's like 10-12 at most and some are really fucking short. Took me like 4 hours to make guildmaster
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.