[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can this company win you back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 39

File: blizz-1330538518.jpg (31KB, 530x244px) Image search: [Google]
blizz-1330538518.jpg
31KB, 530x244px
>>
Shutting down.
>>
Step 1) Stop being SJWs
Step 2) Make good games again
>>
I never liked them to begin with
>>
>>322869012
They can't. LotV will be the last product I buy from them. I will not be seeing the Warcraft movie, not even through Redbox.

I see literally nothing they could do that would possibly catch my interest again any time in the foreseeable future.
>>
Make Blizzcon great again
>>
They can't, period.
>>
>>322869012
If they stopped making dumbed down games.
>>
>>322869012
By making good games again.
>>
They can start by fucking speeding up the frequency in which HotS gets balance patches, and upping the general quality of said balance patches.

Jesus fucking christ, this shit isn't even hard to do, they're just lazy about it.
>>
>>322869012
At this point they can't. It's too late.
>>
>>322869012
Overwatch beta
>>
>>322869012
Fire their story writers for a start. Shit I can pull a better story out of my ass. Both WoD and SC:2 should have never mate it past the idea stage for writing.

Your next job is to quit making casual crap. I am tired of seeing the games turn into My First MMO: Thrall's Adventures and Starcraft 2: Unrequited Love for an Insect Lady. I hope you don't turn Overwatch into the mess that the others did, but with the current history I'll pass.
>>
They haven't had me since Warcraft 3.
>>
>>322869012
put the diablo 3 team in charge of every other game.
how they turned that giant pile of shit into something resembling a videogame ill never understand.
>>
File: 1452062160571.gif (339KB, 256x135px) Image search: [Google]
1452062160571.gif
339KB, 256x135px
>>322869012
by giving me a time machine. literally nothing else they could do to win me back
>>
No monthly subscription for WoW. Since I started working, I feel forced to play to make use of my subscription when I would rather take it easy on weekday nights.
>>
1) Ditch the TF2 ripoff.
2) World of Starcraft.
3) Start making games for mature audiences again and stop with the cartoon shit.
>>
>play Legacy of the void
>all the dialog is spoken R E A L L Y S L O W because lol protoss
>Game still looks like shit
>high templar have auto attacks
>WoW is shit, FFXIV is better in every way
>Diablo 3 was a disappointment

Not really anything at this point.
>>
If they did some sort of official "reroll" of vanilla and BC. Like, keep the released patches but slowly roll out all that content, like the AQ event, Naxx 40, then eventually BC.

Basically let me relive WoW's glory day's in a packed, dedicated pvp server and I'll resub again after all these years.

Obviously this will never happen, but it's nice to dream.
>>
Diablo 2 EE also available on Steam
>>
>>322870236
Ros is good tho
Seasons and all of that

Yeah it has some problems but they did fix most of them
>>
>>322870026
1: Get to 100 on at least one character, preferably 2-3
2: Solo 25m Cataclysm raids with welfare epics from LFR every week
3: ???
4: Profit!

Soloing old raids earns you 31-32k within the 30 days of subbed game time. If I recall correctly, anyway. I know I have 3-4 level 100s to do it on, I can't remember if more than one is necessary or not. Either way, the money comes from just clearing the fucking places and all the gold you make just vendoring all the loot. Iirc, it onl ytakes like two hours per character. 4-6 hours a week for a free sub is nice. HOWEVER, you'll have to start making a little extra money on the AH on the side when the token prices move up from 30k again.
>>
File: 1410499248184.jpg (23KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
1410499248184.jpg
23KB, 300x355px
>>322869927
Fucking this, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how they managed to do that.

Also fire and publicly humiliate Metzen.
>>
>>322869012

they can invest in my lube addiction
>>
>>322869012
20 Tick aside for memewatch

literally nothing can draw me back to them after D3's abject failure
>>
File: Garrosh.png (126KB, 580x508px) Image search: [Google]
Garrosh.png
126KB, 580x508px
>>322869012
Undo all the ability pruning and keeping things consistent again. Also no artifact weapons and casting from weapons(Shadow Priest artifact dagger)
>>
>>322870320
Oh, also if they released Warcraft 4 and retconned all that faggy bullshit post BC/WotLK.

Although at this point the company is so shit that I could not even imagine WC4 being even remotely as good as 3 or Frozen Throne.

Is it just me or was Diablo 3 truly the heralding game for the end of Blizzard as a good company?
>>
>>322869012
Fire all their writers and creative directors, clean the fucking house
Fire all their monetization planners
Fire all their artists and designers
Sell the warcraft and starcraft IPs

Retain the software engineers, use the huge pile of money they have to bankroll new IPs by hiring upstart game designers and artists and make actual new games with good design and interesting stories
>>
>>322869214
i got super fucking excited for when WoL and HotS came out. Now I couldn't give a fuck anymore with Starcraft. I'm just waiting till LotV drops in price. Can't be fucked with paying $60AUD for an 'expansion'.
>>
>>322870585
also, crucify metzen, tigole, furor, and afrasiabi in public
>>
>>322869012
They can't. They don't have any good projects or dev teams anymore. Hell, they just bought out MLG and made their own e-sports division so you know we're not going to see anything but shit from them in the future.

They haven't made great games in over a decade. It's dead. Move on.
>>
>>322870236
>WoW is shit, FFXIV is better in every way
XIV doesn't really do a single thing better than WoW, though. I mean, don't get me wrong now, WoW is fucking shit, but XIV is just as bad.
>>
>>322870585
>Fire all their writers and creative directors, clean the fucking house
>Fire all their monetization planners

agreed

>Fire all their artists and designers

that's essentially the only soul they have left. I think if their artists were given a new direction, or a return to roots type initiative, it would do wonders.
>>
>>322870320
Just play on Nost. It's still extremely populated, the content is being rolled out over time and slowly enough for you to experience it all, and the more populated server is pvp.
I'd play there if I could stand to deal with the terribly boring vanilla classes anymore.
>>
>>322869419
>thinking HotS will ever be anything but shit
>>
>>322869927
They're already doing that with Legion.
>>
I wonder what the nowaday gamer think of them
We all know that WoW was their peak
Hearthstone and Overwatch may be interesting for the casuel audience and the normie but what about the core gamers ?
>>
>>322870585
>artists and designers
I honestly don't dislike this Western anime thing they're trying with Overwatch
>>
>>322870858
Their art has this overproduced aesthetic that I absolutely loathe, where they're afraid to do anything actually interesting because they don't want to upset some random focus group

it's all fast-food happy meal toy brightly colored retardation
>>
File: SAME SHOW.png (99KB, 529x396px) Image search: [Google]
SAME SHOW.png
99KB, 529x396px
>>322870236
>FFXIV is better in every way
SAME
GAME
>>
>>322870995
>Western anime thing they're trying with Overwatch
What? Overwatch looks similar to animated Disney movies, not anime.
>>
>>322869012
For warcraft 4, remove Metzen from leading the next story, do not make it a rehash of the tired old 'we must set aside our differences, work together and shit rainbows to counter the big bad evil.' formula. No bending to the dense masses of the battlenet forums, go for quality they would actually stand by and believe in themselves.Not killing the custom map scene before it even starts off, reward and encourage people to make good maps, world editor more akin to the warcraft 3 editor perhaps with a tutorial or simple edit mode and a more advanced with as little restrictions for advanced users as possible, this would allow more people to get into it. The game would have to stand on its own and not focus on getting people to sign up for another WoW fix if they don't have an active WoW account.

Basically, it needs to be strong as fuck and actually improve on the quality features of WC3 after they raped and murdered their SC2 and diablo franchises.
>>
>>322871240

More like korean 3D cartoon.
>>
1. Fire every single person who worked on Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, and WoW after cata.
2. Shut down HotS and hearthstone
3. Hire actual game designers and not autistic retards
4. make Warcraft 4
>>
File: 1350100979690.gif (480KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
1350100979690.gif
480KB, 141x141px
Diablo 2 hd remake + another expansion
>>
>>322871067
>Their art has this overproduced aesthetic that I absolutely loathe

agree on a personal level, but I think this is what makes theit style interesting.

> they're afraid to do anything actually interesting because they don't want to upset some random focus group

now this is a real issue, however this is basically endemic for 80% of the entire gaming industry and isn't Blizzard specific.
>>
>>322870575
WotLK/Bnet 0.2 was, newfag.
>>
>>322870841
actual cutscenes

granted thats not really gameplay related
>>
File: 1451634452343.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1451634452343.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>322871482
>Blizzard shutting down their biggest money maker
4/10 I replied
>>
>>322871659
>WotLK

Now I remember why i quit WoW. Yeah, you're right.
>>
As much as i like to shit on them i still play all their games.I dont think they will ever make another 10/10 genre defining game ever but every single one of their games is fun and i have played it/playing it now.
I play hearthstone everyday
I played D3 and with the expansion the game really improved
I quit WoW in MoP but before that its my favorite game of all time.(Still playing on nostalrius)
With starcraft 2 i bought them all and i loved the campaigns.I played multiplayer for a while in HotS but i never really got into it.
Overwatch is looking great and i will buy it on launch.
Am i the only one that still enjoys their games here?
>>
>>322869012

Warcraft IV, not ruining Warcraft's lore anymore with alternate dimension bullshit and Orc Jesus.
>>
>>322872097
Oh shit i forgot heroes of the storm but that game is fucking boring and i dont see how anyone can play it seriosly.
>>
>>322871893
Honestly with WotLK you could still think "OK they tried something new and fucked it up" but Bnet 2.0 was the sign that everything had gone to shit.

It was the first "always online" DRM, had no chat rooms, no lobbies (still doesn't) no guilds or similar grouping system, it censored so many ridiculous words I don't know what the fuck they were thinking (it was funny for a bit, finding out that the words black and white were censored, or finding it Dick was censored but dick was not, anal was censored but Anal was not etc.) It was just such a goddamn mess on every conceivable level

Oh but at least they had facebook integration, because that's important... It's fucking still not turned into a serviceable system and Bnet 1.0 is still better in just about every single way.
>>
>>322872291
>I don't know what the fuck they were thinking
The fuck you think nigga?Its there to prevent piracy.The only way to pirate D3 is to set up a private server for it but who has time to do that for a single player game
>>
>>322872291
I was in an elite raiding guild and did WotLK beta and enjoyed it somewhat.

However between falling out with my guild and seeing the direction they were taking the game (Adding the resilience stat completely FUCKED any deserved edge raiders had in pvp, making my gains worthless) and a few other things, I fell out of WoW so hard at this point that I simply don't remember Bnet 2.0 at all. Everything you're telling me is news to me, although I can't say I'm surprised.
>>
>>322870236
Too bad FFXIV got murked by Heavensward. Everything is dead.
>>
Make diablo 4 with proper art style/music/story/atmosphere/character building

about the only good thing was the combat and even then that's hard to really fuck up in a diablo game

Warcraft 4 being good would also do it
>>
>>322870705
>Can't be fucked with paying $60AUD for an 'expansion'.
it's 40 dollars ya dingus.
>>
>>322872912
Oh fuck off, people like you were what was wrong with pvp to begin with
>I deserve an advantage in a competition because I played more/did completely unrelated things!
PvP died when PvP gear became a thing, PvP had always been about who has the best gear and that only got worse in BC and then WotLK made it even WORSE rather than fixing it.

No matter how good you were, your contribution in BG's and Arenas was directly related to how much gear you'd farmed previously, which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>322873041
>Warcraft 4 being good

Don't say such ridiculous things.
>>
>>322872291
Always online DRM for a game that is played only online?
>>
They fixed Diablo III, Legacy of the Void was good, and Overwatch is looking great - all they gotta do is fire the retard in charge of their writing the past few years and I'll be 100% happy.
>>
>>322873242
It meant the death of Lans (not even possible anymore, and it fucked a great deal with the competitive scene) and even wanting to practice vs custom AI was entirely impossible, or playing the singleplayer, or playing singleplayer custom maps offline where all shut down for literally on reason other than "muh piracy is a hueg problem!"
>>
>>322873210
Seeing how hard they raped starcraft story i dont even want to see warcraft 4.The only entertaining thing would be to see how hard Chris Metzen will fuck it up
>>
>>322873435
>They fixed Diablo III
LOL
>>
>>322873483
>They fixed Diablo III
I love this meme
>>
>>322869060
/thread
>>
>>322873435
>Legacy of the void was good
In what possible universe? Disruptors are widowmines on steroids in how badly they fuck up the multiplayer and make it into stale shite, the singleplayer was an abomination where they didn't even bother to program decent AI, they just spawn in attack waves and make literally every map "fight off the attack waves while getting the objectives" and literally TELLING you that you shouldn't be trying to go after the bases.

The writing was atrocious, the balance non-existent, the maps have literally no variety because it's all the same shit with a different coat of paint, and let's not even talk about the total number of missions which is fuck all.
>>
>>322873483
>le Diablo III is still bad memay

It's legit better than II is in every way besides the story and atmosphere, and I only care about those on the first playthrough.
>>
>>322869012
shut down WoW
declare it non-canon
make warcraft 4
>>
>>322873668
I enjoyed the campaign and have been having a blast with MP since I ain't good enough for the big leagues where it's problems really come through, whereas in my lower tier there's now a fuckload of build/strategic diversity for the first time in three years.

It's fun.
>>
>>322873193
I did deserve it more. I worked my fucking ass off taking down legitimately fucking difficult bosses with my guildmates, patiently collecting up scraps of gear.

I got this gear FOR THE PURPOSE of having an edge in PvP. I wanted to be the best, and I was.

I wasn't unkillable; If you're in blues, you either get lucky or are just damn good, and you take me down. This was completely fair. People in better gear than me deserved to have better stats.

Furthermore, I FULLY SUPPORTED strong epic sets for arena bros/pvpers, as long as these epics were awarded on skill (winning tournaments, putting in the ridiculously hard time to get Grand Marshal etc). I don't think there is anything wrong with PvP gear at all. It was adding the Resilience stat that fucked everything up massively.

By adding the Resilience stat, they drove a insurmountable wedge between pvp and pve gear, to the point where it divided the players between the pvpers and the pvers to such a degree that pvers could not participate in pvp effectively without getting entire new sets of gear.

Fuck that. Fuck that, and fuck Blizzard for forcing that.

My character was worth over a thousand mid-late BC. Should have fucking sold him while I could, but I was so convinced I'd be playing the goddamn game as a grandfather. Fuck. At least I couldn't have really known.
>>
>>322873749
Honestly I wonder what Warcraft 4 would even be like under modern Blizzard.

Corruption plot is a given, fighting some form of giant singular evil entity, and the unification of all conflict to fight the big bad.
>>
>>322869012
Only if they coke Metzen up so hard he travels back in time to murder my parents before I'm conceived. Those are my only non-negotiable terms.
>>
>>322872675
Actually their best antipiracy software are the games themselves, they are so shitty most people don't even bother trying to pirate them.
>>
>>322873468
Goddamn fucking Metzen, what happened to that cunt. It's like he pulled a George Lucas.

Anyway, WC3 FT custom maps are still going alive. Join a community that hosts them if you ever miss the nostalgia.
>>
>>322873906
One of my favorite things about vanilla pvp was getting one of the pve weapons like BRE or ashkandi and destroying kids as a warrior/paladin.
>>
>>322874179
I was a dedicated huntard, but it was nice having some jolly fuck in my pvp party with dat asscandy.
>>
>>322874097
Ehh i tried playing vs a bot on normal and he destroyed me.And i liked wc3 more for the campaign/custom games than the tft games
>>
>>322869012
1. Make a good game
2. Make the game NOT full of nickel and diming jewshit. I wanna drop $60 on the thing and have bought the entire thing.
3. If the good game is multiplayer, allow me to be racist in the game.
>>
>>322873906
>I wanted to be the best
Then be the best, not the asshole with the best stuff.

>This was completely fair
How the fuck could anyone literally be this retarded? You're asking for the equivalent of extra pieces in a game of chess, you're beyond salvageable in terms of intellectual deficiency, holy shit.

>I supported arena gear
Because farming gear before being able to compete is a great way to not stagnate the scene, you complete mongol, it killed wPvP because you had to have gear to PvP, and you'd need to be farming that gear, so there was no point in doing anything but the prescribed activities, actual player interaction and ingenuity was fucking killed outright.

>It drove a wedge between pvp and pve gear
Making the problem they already had worse, rather than introducing an entirely new problem. Resillience was a thing in BC by the way, since you seem to have forgotten, back then it was a Stat some tanks would have since it did a similar thing to defense in that it reduced the chance you would be crit, and PvP gear was easy to get rather than hoping the loot fairy would bless your ass this month.

But really, fuck off, you're a god damn imbecile and nobody should have to listen to your drivel.
>>
>>322873906
>that feel when they destroy a game you invested so much time into because casuals

rip dota and sc2, its not even the casuals fault they just wanted to play a good game as well
>>
File: 1407574964055.jpg (100KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
1407574964055.jpg
100KB, 500x669px
>>322869012
by not being partially owned by chinese who encourage micro transactions and by bringing back the people who knew how to make good games
>>
>>322869012
If they would actively cater to the veteran and hardcore audience instead of chasing the last remaining casuals on earth with an IQ below room temperature
>>
>>322874324
FT = Frozen Throne
>>
>>322870478

Easy. Outside of keeping the always online, they do what they never do and actually listened to the issues people were bitching about.

And then they fixed them
>>
>>322869012
Starcraft Ghost.
>>
>>322874336
So, Overwatch?
>>
>>322874260
>give asscandy to a paladin
>he never PVPs
>cant replace nightfall
>never uses it
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Fire Metzen
>Start working on Warcraft 4, declare it a seperate continuity to WoW that follows on from 3 in a different direction
>Make Hearthstone less of a P2W shitfest, possibly just giving players all the basic cards right from the beginning as a start
>Just close HotS down, or at least stop giving it priority over other games
>Guarentee no paid maps or heroes for Overwatch and firmly establish all microtransactions will be solely cosmetic shit
>Release another DIII expansion, and revamp the story as much as reasonably possible with it
>Fucking admit SCII is a mess at high tiers of play and put serious work into fixing it
>>
Warcraft 4
>>
I've never liked them or their games, so the only way for them to win me over is if they made a good game for once.
>>
>>322871659
>B.net 0.2
God damn it's been forever since I heard that. And it's still just as relevant.
>>
They lost me for good with Diablo 3. I did try to play some hearthstone, but nope.

>>322870390
this was a nice thing to think about for a minute.
>>
>>322873906
im glad a casual like you isn't playing wow anymore
>>
>>322874561
I doubt Metzen will be fired in this lifetime,he is one of the top guys and has involvement with everything
>>
>>322869012

>remove LFR, LFD
>put back battlements
>remove pet battles
>put back meaningful 5 man content
>TBC level heroics
>put back skill trees
>stop trying to sell shitty mounts in the cash shop on top of a $15/month fee

Pretty much just revert all the game mechanics back to TBC with the same difficulty levels.
>>
>>322874480
>TFW PS4 has the fucking definitive version because modding for it is dead on PC and consoles don't need to always be online and support couch co-op

I'm still upset
>>
>>322874561
Also they did guarantee the free heroes and maps for Overwatch.It was a big thing and people were crying about it since blizz was dodging the question at blizzcon
I dont think they should do another d3 expansion,they should work on d4
I agree about sc2 since i doubt any new players will pick it up.
>>
>>322869012
Remove Metzen and then start looking over the other writers and people involved with the lore. The romance shit in Starcraft and Thrall passing the torch to Garrosh were both fucking retarded on a level that makes me unable to see straight.

At least Blizzard's good at inspiring porn.
>>
>>322874692
Maybe if he cheats with mike mike morhaimes wife
>>
>>322869012
They never had me in the first place desu.
>>
>>322874375

You realize the entire country is partially owned by the chinese, right? Changing company hands won't change that fact.
>>
>>322874350
>People with the best stuff should be allowed to trivialize competition
Fuck that
>I should have sold my character
And this is exactly why, you're literally advocating pay-to-win mechanics. It's people like you that ruined WoW, thanks a lot retard.
>>
>>322871504
I've been thinking about a good expansion you could make for Diablo 2, have it based around victorian times with werewolves, vampires and shit and instead of having a main bad guy you could just have the final quest being a boss rush

Maybe have a new class called a Witch Hunter that starts off with a whip
>>
>>322874745
>>322874745

attunements***
>>
>>322874745
They cant remove LFR and LFD now since everyone is used to it and people would cry about it.
How do pet battles affect you again?You can ignore them if you dont like them.Epik meme dude xDDDD
I agree about 5 mans
To get TBC level heroics they would seriosly need to overtune the mobs since everyone has a billion abilities and a lot of cc,instead of 1 cc on 2 classes etc...
The triple dipping on the cash shop is pissing me off too.
>>
>>322874903
>I dont think they should do another d3 expansion

The only game besides WoW that Blizz has ever done more than one expansion for is SC2. Literally every other game has been 1 xpac only
>>
By not taking forever to release things.
>>
>>322875023
Attunements were a good casual filter and brought meaning into raiding storywise. Bring it back, accwide and make it hard so you actually feel rewarded.
>>
>>322869012
Never , their games are full of microtransactions and pay2getbetter shit i cant believe people actually like em
they re too greedy
Funny thing the ceo of Blizzard is Jewish
>>
>>322874350
>Then be the best, not the asshole with the best stuff.

I was good. One of the top 5 hunters on my server in fact. But skill =/ gear. Skill and gear compliment each other. By taking out the component of gear from the equation for half the players, you fuck them over unequivocally. Skill does not make that difference up.

>This was completely fair
It was fair. I put more time and effort into the game, I got an edge. That's fair.

>blah blah stagnate the scene
Except it didn't at all. PvP, both open world and instanced, was at its' golden age during the PvP ranking phase of vanilla. Grand Marshals got very strong gear, but they deserved it because they worked hard for it. Just like I deserved my dope 9/9 Cryptstalker I fucking slaved over.

Also
>you complete mongol
Best insult of my life, seriously thank you I'm giggling like a cunt.

>Resillience was a thing in BC

Yeah, end of BC, it was awful, etc. It wasn't just for tanks, it was for everyone. You know what it did, so you know why it was BS. The Res. PvP gear was way too easy to get, I agree completely. At least the arena sets, stronk as they were, were fair considering the sheer effort that went in into obtaining them.
>>
>>322870458
EU tokens are 60k+ though.
>>
>>322874530
>give asscandy to a paladin
>he never PVPs

Fucking triggered.
>>
>>322875158
>Never , their games are full of microtransactions and pay2getbetter shit

Hearthstone isnt their only game
>>
>>322869012
>Loved Warcraft 3, fun campaigns, fun races, heroes, custom games were top tier
>WoW holds my attention briefly
>Realise its pretty shit, all the wc3 heroes get shit on and no real story progression/ total shit
>Wings of liberty comes out! Fucking pumped for starcraft
>Its alright
>Diablo 3 again, fuck yes
>Its fucking abysmal
>Downhill spiral from here
>>
>>322875131
I liked short/shortish attunments like MC and BWL.Onyxia was a great one time experience but doing again was so fucking annoying.AQ event was unique and naxx was kinda dumb just paying for it depending on how much you farmed strath.TBC put even more annoying atunments with long quests chains and one atunment leading to the next.I just want to raid senpai not bother doing arcanaz baka
>>
>>322869012

>WoW
every expansion after burning crusade was shit

>Diablo
diablo 3 was worse than diablo 2 in every single way

>Starcraft
Starcraft 2 was worse than broodwar

At this point I don't think they can do anything to win me back.
>>
>>322875369
Wow has level boost and releases more mounts for cash than ingame rewards
>>
diablo 2 hd real hd version plus completely new expansion aka never ever
>>
>>322874561
>Fucking admit SCII is a mess at high tiers of play and put serious work into fixing it

They already did during the LotV beta (the admittance, anyway).
The game is just not that good and they should have dropped it waaay back in 2011/2012 and salvage all the work that went into pathfinding, networking, etc. in a different RTS project, be it Warcraft 4 or a new IP.

Instead, they kept trying to polish a turd.
It is shiny, but it's still a turd... and they killed all the passion the guys doing the polishing had going for them.
>>
>>322869142
How the fuck are Blizzard SJWs?

Is this still about the Sylvanas thing?
>>
>>322874940
I dont care who takes over the world as long as we can move past borders and into space.
>>
>>322873906
>>322875216
Fuck this noise. If you only do PvE for the purpose of PvP, then you're ignoring the purpose of PvE entirely. PvE and PvP SHOULD be separated because they're built around entirely different types of players, you shouldn't get just one set of gear that makes you good at everything, that just funnels everyone into being forced to do one thing. That's the kind of bullshit that is the biggest problem with theme park MMOs.
>>
>>322875432
It forced you through all the dungeons and to put in efford. I loves it! And now with acc wide achievwments they could bring it back but noooo muh casuals need their lfr. Fuck their everyone gets a free ride politic.
>>
>>322875464
I will never understand how a level boost in a literally decade old game bothers people

Nigga people leveled from 1 to max way to often to make this a fun experience anymore. Its a convinient way to save time at this point.

>mounts
who the fuck cares if you buy a mount or not. It doesnt affect you or the game in ANY way.
>>
In my opinion, the AQ event was probably the high water mark for the entirety of WoW.

Does anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>322874097
Nothing really happened to metzen. In the beforetimes, the long-long ago, he was surrounded by people more talented than him. Those people had sufficient talent to leave blizzard and succeed on other projects. Then one day metzen woke up and realized he was the most senior person at blizzard and people were worshiping him for that, because they associated him with some of the greatest (or at least most influential) PC games ever released.

Being worshiped just for being there is never good for a person.
>>
>>322875516
the general pro-gamer consens on LOTV is that its the best expansion by far

(im not trolling, i watch sc streams all day)
>>
>>322875090

They removed flying before, it can be done even with people crying. LFR and LFD has really destroyed the wow social experience for me. It wasn't just spamming trade/LFG for a group if you had no friends, it was the social interaction you got from actually talking to people in game. People would get famous on a server, you would make friends with people on your server, etc..

actually walking to a fucking dungeon, taking the fucking tram from SW to Ironforge, then taking the boat from menthil harbour, then walking all the fucking way to diremaul. Walking up blackrock spire, getting lost and dying in lava because blackrock spire has 4 dungeons and is confusing as fuck to navigate. Fuck I miss these moments, teleporting instantly to dungeons makes the world fucking boring and dead.
>>
>>322875623
probably Overwatch.
>>
>>322875216
>I was good
How could you possibly know you demented imbecile, you never competed, the majority of fights you partook in relied on gear supremacy, how the fuck did you measure skill in that circumstance? Holy shit how much of a moron are you?

>By taking out the component of gear for half he players, you fuck them over
You need to explain why, you cannot just state this as truth, there is absolutely not a single reason why this would be true, if it fucks them over it means the other players were better, the game is more competitive because the only thing setting you apart from other faggots is skill.

>It was fair, I put more time and effort into a game, I got an edge. That's fair
How? Again, you cannot just retardedly make statements and expect everyone to agree, how the fuck is playing more giving you an edge "fair" in any way? By that logic spending more money on the game giving you an edge is "fair" and that's fucking retarded.

>Except it didn't at all
wPvP died overnight, it split the game between PvE and PvP, newcomers couldn't enter the scene until they crossed a minimum-playtime-per-week barrier meaning only a small portion of the players could even competitively PvP at all, but sure, it didn't stagnate the scene, any more bullshit you want to pull out of your ass you complete mongoloid?

>The arena sets were fair
Fuck off, it barely compensated for the fucking bullshit that the RNG loottable was, the idea that you simply couldn't advance raid tiers until you got lucky enough to get the minimum of drops that you needed was fucking retarded and forced some groups to grind trivial raids for months after clearing simply because vital items didn't drop, the system was hot garbage, and PvP items being entirely trivial to get in comparison was a poor remedy at best.

Seriously, how the fuck do you function? All you've done in this post is make some ridiculous claims with absolutely no logic or argument to support them, just "x is y so x is y"
>>
By bringing back Blizzard North. But it will never happen, and if it did it would just be Blizzard wearing Blizzard North's skin.
>>
>>322875676
>It forced you through all the dungeons and to put in efford.
>implying any of that was fun

It wasn't fun, it was tedium. It was work and something we were forced to do in order for the fun stuff to actually happen. It made the "thing game is like a job" into a reality.

And the worst part is it's a job where it doesn't matter if you individually did you part, because until all the other guys in your department did too, you can't do anything with it.
>>
>WoW
Either scrap it or rework it in a way that utilizes its years and years of previous content in the same vein FFXIV does, have unique gear and quests that require you to do previous content but without all the fucking autistic grind FFXIV has with relics and shit

I doubt blizzard would ever divide their fanbase and make another mmo so that's kind of out of the question

>diablo 3
I'm really happy with how they've improved it since release and I genuinely enjoyed RoS and adventure mode, as well as the new shit they're introducing every season, so they don't need to do anything other than keep doing what they're doing

>starcraft

let it die, LOTV was such a shitshow

>HotS
kill it, that shit is so fucking boring and stupid it's not even funny. I doubt it'll even last a few more years with the current formula they're going with

>Hearthstone
I've got no fucking clue.
>>
>>322874745
>remove LFR, LFD
That accomplishes and changes nothing they did the right thing giving lfr loot generic skins. Your 8/12 heroic guild din't die because of lfr. Most toons doing lfr are alts or people who cannot into raid anyway.

>put back battlements

>remove pet battles
Taking away content is never good, how much dev time do you think went into a pokemon reskins using pre-existing assets? Pet battles never cost you a raid tier.

They tried in Cata shitters cried and raged for two weeks straight until they got hard nerfed.

>TBC level heroics
Spoken like someone who never chain ran heroic pens to get new guilds geared up

>put back skill trees
No fucking pretend choice doesn't matter, no on ever worked out their spec by themselves there were online talent guides and calculator is fucking late vanilla for fucks sake.
This is how talent tries go; The right spec, the special snowflake spec (i.e. gimping yourself) or the 'new' right spec which activates once you get certain gear or after a patch which just replaces the right spec.

>stop trying to sell shitty mounts in the cash shop on top of a $15/month fee.
Mounts that don't have new or unique rigs why not how does it hurt anyone?

Every single one of these 'how would you 'fix' wow' posts are the fucking same.

Take away the 'casual' shit, give me back useless shit I never used, muh nostalgia, put back in hard stuff I never did but claimed to do to look cool on the internet.
>>
>>322875090
They could never remove LFR/D. They were implemented to hide the fact most realms were dead. Because people tend to notice realm merging and take it as a sign of low player count.
>>
>>322875787
Cross realms playing did way more damage to a servers identity that LFR and LFD.Also flying is expendable and the comunity was pretty split on it.
>>
They ruined Starcraft.
They ruined Diablo.

They cannot win me back.
>>
>>322875819
You mean the game with like 5 super model hotties?Even Zarya is pretty cute
>>
>>322875905

The casualization fest your promoting is what gave us WOD, where you literally DON'T NEED TO MOVE from your garrison.
>>
>>322875691
Thats how it all starts

>its only a pet , you dont need pets
Suddenly more store pwts with features for petbattles

>its only mounts
Suddenly you get only recolored boars ingame while the store gets fancy unique flying dragons. You are a mountcollector with over 250 mounts but refuse to buy? Fuck you hahahahaha

> its only a level boost

Brings more casuals to points where they cant play good. Hurr durr muh grind. The game has enough boosts for veterans , its the best way to learn your class by playing it instead of boosting to max. I had 4 rogues and 5 druids at max level including all other classes at least once. Leveling is fine andbneccesary.

Soon to be:
> its only pvp honor
> its only gold
> its only lfr ilvl gear

Where does it stop?
>>
>>322875650
Don't get me wrong, I totally loved the thrill of taking down a boss for the first time with my bros after hours of bashing our heads against the wall on a Friday raid night. I still talk to some of those niggas to this day.

But being able to log on the following day and dig in to some Alterac Valley attrition, sporting those new shoulderpads I worked so goddamn hard for. It wasn't that much of an edge either, but having that 2% to my stats in combat felt so good.

There's nothing wrong with having a dual caste system of casuals and dedicated players. And if a player wanted to get equivilent gear, they would either go hardcore into PvP and get Grand Marshal/Arena sets, or join a raiding guild.

Sorry, I just can't see how it isn't fair. I don't think I can be convinced otherwise.
>>
>>322874745
At least dungeons will matter throughout Legion, or so they say.
>>
>>322875778
Considering how the scene had been stagnant for almost two years it really isn't a surprise that something fresh is well-received by the pros, but good god watching games is fucking boring as shit now. It's always two armies taking pot shots at each other until one person makes a mistake and loses half his army to a single attack, then it typically stabilizes a few times before one guy finally wins, the biggest tournament last year was just so fucking boring to watch, PvP especially.
>>
>>322876087
u didnt need to move since the day summoning stones were introduced to the game (tbc)
>>
>>322869142
>Overwatch has a diverse cast and a pink haired butch lesbian
>hurr must be SJW
Fuck off.
>>
>>322875650
i guess you didnt play on a pvp server?
>>
>>322869012
Quick reminder that it's Activision Blizzard
>>
>>322875854
Thats what the game is , its an effort rewarding mmo holy fuck , why dont you casuals go play some AAA single player game where you can press pause whenever you need to fart
>>
>>322875854
It was part of the gearing up process. At the very least all you could do now is bumping it up to "Clear all Dungeons on Heroic Difficulty" to unlock raid access.
>>
>>322876112
>ay pay da saem money per munf as dey do ay shud git da same equips is only fair
>>
>>322875698
yes. That was the very essence of what makes mmorpgs great.
>>
>>322876112

Because gear should be built towards your playstyle. It shouldn't be equivalent because that destroys the point of choice.

If I put weeks into getting a good PvP set, then a PvEer shouldn't even be able to TOUCH me because their gear is designed for fighting raid bosses. On the same coin, my gear shouldn't be worth shit in itemization for PvE.
>>
>>322876163
By that argument you didn't need to move since the day warlock summoning was introduced (beta)
>>
>>322876091
the shop pets are absolutely useless for pet battles
mounts are still a cosmetic item and when you start collecting you are aware beforehand that there are mounts in the shop.
You get literally HOUNDREDS of mounts outside the shop some of which the most beautiful in the game and actually take some effort or time to get ( drop only )
saying the shop holds the best mounts is grasping for straws, since the fairy dragon is the only good they ever released
>>
>>322875821
Do you seriosly suggest they should remove gear?Whats the point of even playing since i doubt most of the people will care about rating?
>>
>>322874517
What's the ticrate on that game?
120?
Oh, just 20. No thankies. ^.^
>>
>>322876278

They did do that at first. In the initial tier of raiding in WoD, you had to grind up to get to Mythic difficulty, and you ONLY got to see the full story of the raid if you did it on Mythic.

They removed it because everyone hated it.
>>
>>322876278
Also this , it felt like growing with your character and actually playing a good rpg. Whats the point of going instantly to the last raidboss as soon as you reach max level
>>
>>322876334
meh, I prefer winning because of skill, not because of my overpowering gearr
>>
>>322876334
Your skills at PVP should be the reason a PVE'er shouldn't be able to touch you. Not your welfare epics.
>>
>>322869012
Fire the writers
Cancel the WC movie
Make WC 4
>>
>>322869012
>stop being Jews
1. No more pushing agenda in their games. No more pandering to people who don't buy games.

2. More frequent sales with better discounts, and not just HotS heroes

3. Stop with the anti-consumer practices. Ex: Say you have 2/3 of SC2, and you want to get the complete collection for the digital deluxe bonuses and the last of the trilogy. They want you to pay $99 - they want you to rebuy games you already own. And other shady practices.

3. Make WC RTS games again. WoW is dying. Instead of letting the WC franchise die with WoW, why not make WC4 RTS?

4. Make new IPs. SC is dead (after LotV), WoW is dying, Diablo is almost dead (after D3 shitfest), and Overwatch is dead-on-arrival. What will they do when people get tired of those 3 games, and the spin-offs made out of them like HotS?

Speaking of Overwatch, the marketing strat of "give beta keys to streamers only" is stupid.

5. Fire Metzen and his creative/writing crew. I would rather see Orcs admit to being invaders and that they don't belong in Azeroth (be punished and make amends), than this 'chosen people' angle he has been cramming down everyone's throats:

Thrall: Okay, we invade your lands and genocide your people. You want us out?! B-but Chosen Onesâ„¢!

That or characters going mad/corrupted, and they become villains.

You see a variation of that in all their games. It just gets old/stupid after a while.

6. Make D3 not canon and make a true sequel to D2/LoD. Cain shouldn't die. 'Tyrone' shouldn't happen. None of this Nephalem shit. None of this Anu and Tathamet shit. Stop making the Diablo franchise like WC/WoW (colorful, cartoonish). Remove the menorah in the Crusader's shields and abilities and bring back the cross.
>Yep. A menorah

7. Reform Blizzard North, relocate them far from the corruption of Blizz South/Irvine. Let them make Diablo games and new IPs. Don't interfere.
>>
>>322876443
>WoW
>skill

That's kinda why I got out of PVP so completely.
>>
>>322876368
we had 40man raids back then and only a few locks per raid.

in tbc u had 25man and summoning stones so every could summon.
>>
>>322876443
>>322876453

Then don't play MMO pvp, because that's all it ever comes down to unless they put a buff in place that equalizes everyone's stats. And "welfare epics" implies I didn't spend time in PvP working for them.

Not that I think either of you play arena
>>
>>322869012
By making high-risk, AAA, good quality games again and not casual, filler, f2p games for easy buck.
>>
>>322876386
I collect mounts and pets , statted doing it in tbc when it became affordable and fun. Most of the mounts left on my list are some newer raiding rewards , a few high rng and tedious to farm like tlpd and all the store mounts. One of the reasons why i quit 4 months ago after 9 year dual acc sub
>>
>>322876515
pvp actually requires skill
>>
>>322876518
In vanilla I (and the two other warlocks) regularly summoned entire raids. Which was common practice in most raiding guilds.

So you're full of shit.
>>
>>322876559
this
>>
>>322876541
>pretending its only gear

>>322876594
>pretending the only skill required in pvp is the ability to tolerate boredom longer than your opponents
>>
>>322873110
>i am literally incapable of reading comprehension
>>
>>322876112
>You can't convince me an unfair advantage in a competition isn't fair
Yes, that much is obvious, I haven't been calling you a retard for the last half-hour for shits and giggles you imbecile.

Imagine any other competition where you couldn't compete without first having done a series of other completely unrelated tasks "no anon, I get a much bigger tennis racket because I fucked my uncle last week, it's totally fair!"

Having such "tiers" or separations is what World PvP was for, and that got murdered when those same tiers were only unlockable through the actually supposedly competitive PvP activities.
>>
>>322876594

Only at 2200. At which point it becomes the difference between a guy playing SF on his couch and an Evo player. Complete with tiering and counterpicks.
>>
>>322875778
>the general pro-gamer consens on LOTV is that its the best expansion by far

They always say that.
You can easily do a bit of searching to see how much they praised HotS because it finally changed the stagnant infestor playground of WoL.

The game is simply not that good, hence why no matter how much Activision Blizzard changes, it always devolves into something abysmal people hope the next expansion will finally relieve them of.
>>
>>322876590
so u basically played the game to collect cosmetics. Thats some dedication and probably the least importan issue this game has
>>
>>322876117
Take half the shit they said about Legion and forget it exists since it will probably get cut.WoD looked good but look at it now
>>
>>322876675

You've never had the thrill of hunting down an Unborn Val'kyr

Shit's hard man
>>
>>322869012
Stop making all games World of Warcraft. Apologize to the fans for Diablo 3. Expunge all references to "panda" from WoW and WoW lore. Apologize to the fans for Pandas. Apologize to the fans for releasing 1/3 of a game then release all of Starcraft 2 as a free download. Get back to their roots of making great video games for nerds and if non-nerds want to join in, fine. Stop trying to please the dumbass masses and remember who your real fans are.
>>
Warcraft IV
>>
>>322876731
>remember who your real fans are
I don't think they ever forgot. "real" blizzard fans were always a bunch of whiny cunts.
>>
>>322876605
His point was, that in WOD there is no reason to leave your garrison. You are just proofing my point saying there never was a reason to leave the capital starting from TBC
>>322876647
>im a 1500rating arena shitter and have no clue what im talking about, the post
thanks for contributing and speaking out of your ass
>>
>>322870458
>4-6 hours of playing old, irrelevant content
or
>1-2 hours of real productive work

both produce the currency needed for a monthly subscription
which do you believe has the better value?
>>
>>322874989
Just like From did with Dark Souls :))))))))))))
>>
>>322876814
>hello I have no idea what I'm talking about and can barely read

thats nice
>>
>>322876731
Real fans don't give them 5$ for 5 entirely random cards in Hearthstone anon, they got all the inbred retards into their containment, and I'm partly happy for it, and partly sad that Blizzard was sacrificed for the cause.
>>
I just want my friends to come back and play with me again.

That's all I ever wanted ;_;
>>
>>322869012
by making a short animation were they kill anita and that stupid tumblr character followed up by sexy girl in bikinis dancing
>>
>>322869012
sop removing my fucking skills you kikes, nobody wanted to play WoW on consoles
>>
>>322876831
>B-but you can totally play WoW for free
Laughing at this retarded sentiment never gets old when it does indeed take far more time to farm the gold in WoW than it would to earn the money IRL, especially when the fucking grind to get the money in WoW is full on retarded.
>>
>>322874989
This is a really shitty idea
>>
>>322876947
Always makes me wonder what the last straw was for other anons.

I managed to endure through most of WotLK but when they removed Divine Intervention for no fucking reason I was done. Friends did a last ditch effort to convince me to keep playing and I briefly played priest in early Cata, which was promising until they fucking nerfed the heroics into the fucking ground.
>>
>>322876967
I can literally earn enough gold for the time token by just launching garrison/shipyard missions.
>>
>>322876219
Blizzard is owned by Activision Blizzard and we all know which part runs the company
Also quick reminder that Valve games are better than Blizzard games and that they earn way more money
>>
>>322876417
Have you actually played the beta? It doesn't feel like 20 at all. The only part where it makes a difference is with characters like Hanzo and Widowmaker getting headshots when they definitely shouldn't, but that's a problem in basically every FPS.
>>
Probably some incredible changes to WoW, and I mean incredible since I have no idea what to change and haven't been following it for years.

With that said i'd like for them to do better and always look at their new games because they have oceanic servers.
>>
>>322877136
I dont think it was one single thing.After i cleared Dragon soul on heroic i just got bored and i had a shit ton of single player games i missed over the years since i played wow/wc3custom games/dota for a long ass time.
>>
>>322877136
>Always makes me wonder what the last straw was for other anons.

I was Blood DPS and I was good at it before they butchered it and turned it into pure tank spec, I was fucking pissed.

But I can't do anything about it because at Cata and right now my computer can only handle WoW.
>>
>>322877141
And I couldn't think of anything I would rather do with my time than that, anon :^)
>>
>>322875821
I typed out a big post and then my comp crashed.

Point is you're a bleating autist and you're inherently wrong.

Also fuck you for implying that people farmed for raid gear. Mammoth amounts of skill and heartache went into that shit, suck my dick.
>>
>>322876087
I'm not the dude you're arguing with about summoning but speaking to my defence. I am not promoting casualisation. I'm saying the removing content helps no one and that tlent tress have always and will always be the biggest illusion of choice ever it doesn't matter if you used to be able to chooes between 5% crit and 5% apr one was always mathematically better and thus always taken, baking the better one innately into a spec has changed nothing because everyone who mattered already took it 100% of the time anyway.
>>
>>322877136
>and I briefly played priest in early Cata

I did too because up till then I have had never played a class that can heal.

It's pretty hellish though because almost all the people I meet in randoms still retain the mentaility from WotLK heroics mentality and healing was way less effective because of the early cata re-balance and gear.
>>
>>322869142
>literally say being a SJW company or not is more important than making good games.

dude you're on par with anita ÅŸikerzian.
>>
>>322876334
But that isn't fun.

That isn't fun at all. For anyone.

Except the casuals. Are you a casual?
>>
>>322869012
making new interesting deep games.
also drop the fucking cartoon artstyle.

wow and d3 are good examples where they should do the exact opposite of what theyve done
>>
>>322874745
>remove LFR, LFD
people like to say this killed the game but it really didn't; kids just got older and stopped giving a shit about making friends because they realized the old way of doing things was terrible. do you remember how many shitty players you had to deal with because you were forced to? that's a terrible system and they were right to progress past it.

>put back attunements
fucking why? this adds nothing but a timesink to the game. the raids are hard enough as is. gear requirements are fine.

>remove pet battles
why? i don't care for them but i don't want them removed. why should you?

they're doing that with the new challenge mode system (it will effectively be an alternative to raiding in terms of acquiring gear and providing a sufficient challenge)

>TBC level heroics
challenge modes take care of this

>put back skill trees
they're doing this with artifact trees, and if you compare them to the old trees, they're also just as boring (you collect points to give yourself passive damage increases...how is this interesting?)

>stop trying to sell shitty mounts in the cash shop on top of a $15/month fee
agreed

this whole "early wow was better" meme needs to fucking die. the game is objectively better in nearly every way
>>
>>322877453
>I'm right and you're wrong!
You've convinced me You are indeed a retard

>You're a bleating autist and you're inherently wrong but somehow it's too difficult for me to provide a curt and simple counterargument :^)
Sure thing, retard.

>Fuck you for implying that people farmed for raid gear
Except they literally did, only the few faggots who literally had no jobs, school or other social responsibilities had enough time to not need to farm for gear.

And you yourself already implied you were quite willing to SELL your account, which means that you literally endorse and encourage pay-to-win for whatever faggot decided to buy it.

You're trash, scum of the earth, and you have nothing but your own delusions to convince you otherwise, not even a simple argument to your name.
>>
>>322877429
You know what's hilarious; Blood taking was the best in ICC because ICC tanking was be the biggest fattest sack of shit you can be, when they made blood into the tank spec in ealy cata mitigation was king and blood had almost no tools to deal with it (ex halfus raping blood dk faces) so it would have made more sense for blizz at t the time to make frost that tank spec sinc it focused on mitigation.
>>
>>322869012
Make WoW 2, drop the sub in favor of more regular small expansions and occasional big ones, just because it would be hysterical.
WoW itself is doomed because of how content is spread, and significant portions are just dead content outright. Finding a way to being back World PvP and increase server population density would be great.
>>
Make raiding more dynamic. It's always been little more than synchronized swimming yet all these autists bleat about skill.

Shamelessly steal more ideas from Age of Reckoning. Such as actually collision. You want to get to that healer? You'll have to dodge past or smash through the ranks first.

Have an original idea for once. Literally everything is swiped from everything else. Also. SHIT GETS CORRUPTED gets old quickly.

Diversify talent trees and skills for more unorthodox effects. The autists will always crunch up most numbers build, but try for ways to trigger, cause and control interesting effects in the game.

Rely more upon the community, but firmly have standards. Just because lots of people squeal for something doesn't mean they should get it.
>>
>>322877571
I had it easy because I wasn't retarded, but my guildmates made raiding fucking awful.

They tried to gear up similarly to how they did in WotLK, so instead of ensuring optimal mana efficiency they went with haste, which literally only increased the rate at which you spent mana at no extra benefit and was a useless garbage stat at the start of Cata.

No matter how I explained and even demonstrated the difference (having over double the healing done compared to other healers in higher ilevel gear) they just adamantly insisted haste was the only way to build a healer.
>>
warcraft 4
>>
>>322877136
>Actually making it to Cata

Damn anon, you must have some seriously high tolerance for bullshit.
>>
Do Diablo 3 again properly.

As in, remake D2, with proper offline single player and LAN multiplayer. Open, closed and hardcore online. Allow mods. Proper PvP.

Or they could make a new mmo that people actually want to play. That, I think, is pretty difficult for anyone right now though.
>>
>>322876675
I did that on top of hardcore raiding on 2 accs while still having enough time for work and family
>>
>>322877778
See while you're roiling mad, I'm just giggling at you. I'm trying to imagine some pencil necked British autist bleating on and on. Please keep it up, I'm loving this. Like you're a treat.

>Except they literally did

You're so wrong it's gorgeous. I'm incredulous. I'm not even going to try to argue how wrong you are, I'll just let you stew in it and smile.

>And you yourself already implied you were quite willing to SELL your account

4 figures iz 4 figures my nigga. Cream, get the money. If your character was worth 1.7k, you wouldn't sell it? From a game you're walking away from, because you're trying to preserve its' integrity or some shit?

You're such a beautiful autist, you're like a specimen. It's precious.
>>
>>322878456
Did they really make "hardcore" raiding that casual?

Damn...
>>
>>322877896
What is your definition of skill in the context of raiding/PvE content?

What is your definition of difficulty?
>>
>>322878594
what else would you do if you clear heroic ds in a day and then again with alts on the next day? Ofcourse you cant pull it all off during early progression , but once you are at 1-2 days cleartime for the week thats all thats left.
>>
>>322878541
>Huhu U mad bro?!
Uhm... sure buddy, whatever helps you live with yourself I guess?

>You're wrong
That's all you've been able to say, it's beyond childish at this point, seek help, I hear euthanasia is a thing in the Netherlands if you're not sure where to look.

>Wouldn't you sell it?
Bitch please, that's it? "I'm not even going to try and argue, you're totally right and I'm just a greedy whore" is what you end with?

I mean really, why even post any of this drivel? What possible merit could it have in any context besides a preschool showdown? I am legitimately considering a sage here because of how incredulous it is for a man over 18 years of age to be acting in this manner.
>>
>>322878874
God I fucking love you. Can I buy you a game on steam? Like you've made me smile so much, I really needed it. Thank you.
>>
I wonder if people who got hired by Blizzard because of their old games ever imagined they'd be making horrible trash today
>>
File: freeshrieks.png (1MB, 1447x1080px) Image search: [Google]
freeshrieks.png
1MB, 1447x1080px
Split from Activision somehow and revert back to their donut philosophy.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/101725/AGC_Blizzards_Pardo_On_WoWs_Success.php

>Blizzard, according to Pardo, envisions their market as a donut, with the core players at the center and a more casual audience around that. "It's increasingly important to appeal to both," Pardo said. Blizzard leans heavily on the "easy to learn, difficult to master" mantra, Pardo said, but also does things like lowering system requirements to build a broader audience.

>To maximize both depth and accessibility, the company concentrates on DEPTH FIRST AND ACCESSIBILITY LATER, Pardo said. "First we try to come up with what are really cool things, things that will get people to play for two to three years. Then we actually start talking about accessibility, how to make the content approachable and easy to learn. But it starts with depth first."
>>
>>322881702
>Split from Activision
Even if that happened blizzard is in too far to go back and will continue the same way
>>
Best game they made: Warcraft 3
Last "good" game they made: Starcraft 2
>>
>>322882012
It is hard to tell. This article is dated, but it still goes in nice detail on the death grip Activision uses on it's servants:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/128252-a-short-history-of-activision-blizzard-or-how

>Activision insisted on conducting interviews over the Presidents' Day holiday weekend; West and Zampella were interrogated for over six hours in a windowless conference room; Activision investigators brought other Infinity Ward employees to tears in their questioning and accusations and threatened West and Zampella with "insubordination" if they attempted to console them; Activision's outside counsel demanded that West and Zampella surrender their personal computers, phones and communication devices to Activision for review by Activision's outside counsel and, when West and Zampella asserted their legally protected privacy rights, Activision's counsel said that doing so constituted further acts (of) insubordination.
>>
make wow rewarding to play again
invent time travel and go back and cancel diablo 3
>>
>>322882338
Wait what did i miss why did they interogate them?Was it just the CoD thing?
Also holy shit,i thought activision was just forcing the jew shit
>>
please blizzard just put some effort into wow again
if they took the time and effort to make it good they would see the same sub numbers they had at wods launch but throughout an entire expansion
>>
>>322882602
the issue is they dont see that they did wrong. The assume they are untouchable gods and whatever they do is the best for the industry and therefore the whole world.
>>
>>322882547
They wanted to make something else than CoD and Activision were having none of that. Activision made up some shit and fired the guys at Infinity Ward. They sued them and Activision was forced to settle.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/31/activision-settles-lawsuit-with-former-infinity-ward-heads-west-and-zampella/

Giving any money to Activision-Blizzard is literally supporting all the worst aspects of the industry.
>>
Have activision done anything scummy recently?
>>
Choose one
1. Remaster Diablo 2 with bonus content
2. Give me Diablo 2
3. Make more games like Diablo 2
4. Kill themselves
>>
File: blizzard_sees_its_past.jpg (136KB, 550x857px) Image search: [Google]
blizzard_sees_its_past.jpg
136KB, 550x857px
>love diablo 1 as a solo experience
>get really into SC:BW
>enjoy the campaign and custom games of WC3 but still mainly play SC:BW
>WoW comes out and it's the best game ever
>Wrath comes out and it's not as fun, already did naxx 40 in a pug during TBC a few times and the idea of aoeing through all the trash made the dungeons boring fairly quickly
>PvP wasn't really an options since S5 is still the worst season of pvp ever.
>quit for a while

>SC2 comes out and hyped
>Campaign was fun but the story was a real disappointment. Not terrible but just mediocre.
>Bnet 2.0 was anti social and the competative side of the game got stale after a 2 months.

>resub for cata and find out about how fucking shit LFD and how much harm wotlk did to the core of the game
>Join a new guild to raid in but everyone is anti-social and just raid logs, quit again.

>D3 comes out, wasn't the biggest fan of D2 so i was only disappointed by the story

>Hearthstone comes out and is fun, the first fresh idea they have had in years and it's worked out really well.

>resub to wow for a few months and clear to 11/14H SoO where i just can't stand having nothing else to do outside of raiding.

>quit and resub for WoD

>WoD is an entirely new level of bad for blizzard, quickly unsub

>HOTS was the only moba i enjoyed but i dislike assfaggots in general

Still giving them every chance they can get.
>>
>>322882731
No they are optimizing cost and revenue. MR=MC. Its just that in blizzards graph the point is very low, so they use a skeleton crew and shit out copy and pasted shit.
>>
File: tlv3.jpg (220KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
tlv3.jpg
220KB, 960x720px
>>322869012
The Lost Vikings 3
>>
>>322876112

Because rewards shouldn't be given for time spent, but for cleverness and fast reactions.
>>
>>322869012
porn games
>>
>>322883156
ask them in public if they think wod was a mistake , they will fully justify their decisions and praise it as the second comming that players just couldnt apreciate.

The days of appologizing for unacceptable server performance during expansion launch are over , the fuckups will continue though and Legion wont change that. It sounds all fine and dandy during blizzcon but they wont deliver fuck all as usual. Go back and watch all blizzcons and see what they promised there... makes you think warlords would actually be good.
>>
>>322869927
>diablo 3 isn't fucking horrible anymore
Explain. Did they rewrite the dialogue and plot, revoice it and redesign the environments?
>>
Fix Arenas.
>>
File: World-Of-Warcraft-Logo.jpg (476KB, 2827x1608px) Image search: [Google]
World-Of-Warcraft-Logo.jpg
476KB, 2827x1608px
BUY 45 EURO EXPANSION PACK ANNUALLY
PAY 15 EURO SUB MONTHLY
PAY 25 EURO FOR REALM TRANSFER/PIXEL MOUNT/PET
>>
>>322883773
>playing Diablo for the plot
It's an endless skinner box of grinding. At least know what to expect from it.
>>
>>322884050
they make more money than ever before and pump out less dungeons , raids , zones and quests than ever before.... absolutely disgusting
>>
>>322876417
>thankies
if you have use that word you have to hand your penis back
>>
File: and he just won.jpg (20KB, 391x388px) Image search: [Google]
and he just won.jpg
20KB, 391x388px
>>322884050
>we didn't have the resources to finish the expansion
>>
>>322876731
Why are you niggas still so butthurt about fucking pandas
I'd rather have them expunge all the WoD shit and the stuff it brought with them like fucking Garrisonville.
>>
>>322884159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I22Ivb8ELzQ

Still relevant after these years. I hate you and all the fucking brainless retards who just want to get addicted to some shallow garbage that is the equivalent of Cookie Clicker with a fantasy theme.
>>
>>322877136
I played every expansion on and off for a couple of months until Pandaria. Shit was just boring enough to not care. Fucking million daily quests and rep farming everything
>>
>>322876559
but blizzshits modus operandi was always to take something someone else made and casualize it to hell
just because starcrap/warcrap/world of warcrap were the first and only games you have played from their respective genres does not make it not true
>>
File: feels good man.jpg (28KB, 418x371px) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.jpg
28KB, 418x371px
>>322869012
>How can this company win you back

>1.) Stop being lazy fucking jews
>2.) Abolish micro transactions and make them into in-game unlockables
>3.) For WoW make PvE Only servers no class will ever get nerfed only buffs now.
>4.) ???
>5.) MAKE BLIZZARD GREAT AGAIN!

Regardless they wont pull it off so its great not being subscribed to these fucking failures.
>>
>>322884543
this
diablo is nothing without atmosphere
>>
>>322884543
>Diablo had a story
>the entire exposition is delivered by books
top lel
It will never cease to amaze me how autistic Diablo fanbase is. Especially that part of it which is fully aware that 3 is shit but simultaneously can't accept that the same goes for 1 and 2 because 'm-muh nostalgia and deep atmosphere'.
>>
>>322885691
1 and 2 aren't shit though, you're simply wrong
>>
File: years of laughter.jpg (40KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
years of laughter.jpg
40KB, 500x540px
>>322886061
Perhaps we're all wrong and 3 is the only good one?
>>
Honest question though, by now what even remains of the original company we loved in current Blizzard, beside the name?
>>
>>322886915
memorys of the good time we had
>>
>>322887253

Those are in us though, not in current Blizzard.

Unless you happen to work there?
>>
here's a fun fact about why blizzard is bad and the rest of the industry is bad too.
from a business standpoint, for a long-running game where a big chunk of your long-subscribers are heavily invested in continuing your game simple because of the resources they've poured into it so far, it makes more sense to pander to people who don't like your game than to people who do.
>>
Ditch Starcraft
Ditch MOBAshit
Ditch YGO for casuals
Ditch ItsOverwatch
Release legacy servers
>>
>>322877136

Mid-Cataclysm. I tried, but I just can't handle all the bullshit and dumbing down they did for Azeroth and the half-assed attempt at modernization on their shitty 1999 engine.
>>
>>322869012
Linux support.
>>
>>322887408
dont work there , but it still remains in me , and thats what matters to me.

Most of the people who quit wow go around yelling omg worst piece of shit i wasted so much time and my live and QQQQQQQQ

I had a lot of fun with it , learned a lot and made most of it. It wasnt wasted and now that its over and not available like it was before i move on.
>>
>>322886915

Samwise and his disciples, chained to a crucifix and whipped by the now promoted Menzen in order to churn out increasingly intricate paudron designs (there's one who frequents deviant art who designed the Terran units of SCII and was told to redesign them several times by Blizz for not being "cartoony" enough, like the Goliath, which was originally going to be much closer to its SCI design.)
>>
>>322871482
This.

Why won't they just fucking make a Warcraft 4!?

HotS is garbage and who cares about RNG:the game? All I want is a new warcraft game which I can play custom games with my friends and improved gameplay/graphics.

Fuck Blizzard, milking out world of shitcraft and making shit tier fps games.
>>
>>322869012
Release a legacy TBC server

Then just roll over and die
>>
>>322869012
by actually putting story in their fucking games again
>>
>>322869012
stop being mad at valve realizing the value of dota train before them and remove all the limitations of user created content to not make it happen again thus making mapping (what made warcraft and starcraft successful to begin with and still relevant today) worth a damn again
>>
Fire Chris Metzen. He's an unbelievable hack when it comes to storywriting and dialogue.

He killed D3 imo. Great gameplay, but I can't force myself to struggle through all that cringeworthy plot over and over again.
>>
>>322870478
>Also fire and publicly humiliate Metzen

I really want to see this, even though it wouldn't win me back
>>
>>322888578
>>322869816
>>322870575
>>322871246
>>322871482
>>322872189
>>322873041
>>322873210
>>322873749
>>322873957
>>322874561
>>322875417
>>322875516
>>322876757
>>322878032
>>322882182
>>322888578

It seems we can all agree, warcraft 4
with this guys suggestions is all anyone wants
"a new warcraft game which I can play custom games with my friends and improved gameplay/graphics."

so starting from there, lets just compile a list

warcraft 4 needs
>good custom game editor
>good gameplay
>modern graphics

New engine from the ground up
Much larger cap on custom games data, at least a 1-2gb
>>
>>322869012
no
>>
>>322889654
>good custom game editor
>good gameplay
>modern graphics
>New engine from the ground up
>Much larger cap on custom games data, at least a 1-2gb

Same simplistic peer to peer map transfer, not the bullshit map workshop map downloader DOTA 2 uses for customs.
>>
>>322889415
How can they not be mad at Valve ?
Over 3 billion every year and what does Blizzard earn ? They are in the decline, its just downhill from here
>>
>>322889848
being mad at valve is one thing, killing any interest people might had in sc2 mapping and modding due to the draconian terms to avoid losing another dota is a different matter
>>
>>322875623
Overwatch feminist character, covering Lady Sylvannas torso.
>>
>>322889848
It's their own fucking fault! They've been full long nosed jew for years now, with a lack of anything someone would call "caring" for their playerbase.

It's like they created something everyone loved for what it was, then they shit all over it
>>
Overwatch beta is already doing justice. I'd love for them to make a legitimate fighting game
>>
>>322882923

>but Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said that no money changed hands
>Michael Pacther

Damn, it's been a long time since i've read that clown's name.

Also this whole thing is really fucked up. As if the games being casualized wasn't enough, this is a new level of jewishness (for videogames industry standards, at least).
>>
>>322890083
that and the denial of them doing so.

Ubisoft and EA fuck their customers but they dont care , in fact they go full 420 dew the doritos about it. Blizz is
>we are still the best , praise us even if you disagree for you are a simple mortal unable to see the whole picture
>>
>>322889654
I still go back and play Warcraft 3 every year or three. I fucking loved it when I first played it, and I still do.
If they just do Warcraft 3 with modern graphics and retcon WoW's story (either entirely or post BC or WotLK) and replace it with a good one, I'd buy the shit out of it.
>>
>>322869012

Why do all Blizzard games look the same now?

Like seriously what the fuck, all of their games after WC3 have the exact same art style.

Do they only have a single visual design team now or something?
>>
>>322890638
they replaced the whole old team with cheap unskilled labour. They dont encourage anything and do whats best for the money.
>>
>>322869012
As a pessimist it is hard to disappoint me let alone to the degree they did. Frankly dont think it is possible.
Firing Metzan would be a great start.
>>
They never lost me? Or had me?

Overwatch is awesome I got it preordered.

HotS has been great since alpha.

WoW expansion will occupy my time until the content is cleared.

Still haven't gotten and beaten the D3 expansion.

Company is aight.
>>
>>322885691
Muh story and lorefags are always the worst.
>>
>>322889654
innovated gameplay instead of just halfassedly copying the previous title like SC2
expanding on the heroes could work for one
>>
>>322869012
By dying.

Blizzard was my child/teenagehood in the days of sc1, d1+2, and wc1-3. Never before have I been so slighted and backstabbed by something I so loved. Just fucking die.
>>
>>322890912
this is the sad thing... you never experienced the old glory , now everything is so shit that you accept this as good and blizz feels justified.
>>
>>322889809
None of these features will ever be delivered with current business practices. Are you seriously shitting me? Why would they let you design games within a game, with the map editor, like people did with Warcraft 3, when they can sell it to you instead and people will buy it because it's blizzard?
>>
>>322869012
New Warcraft would be nice. As would another Diablo expansion, preferably with a class that needs tighter resource management.

If Legion is good I'll love them, however, we all know it'll be shit.

Overwatch looks fun, I'll probably play it. HOTS is meh.
>>
>>322876514
>Remove the menorah in the Crusader's shields and abilities and bring back the cross.
>>Yep. A menorah
Huh? Crusaders don't have a cross?
>>
>>322891463
sc2 has a map editor that lets you do a lot... but yeh they changed. Overwatch would be a good platform for a map editor but they wont do it.
>>
File: maxresdefault-6.jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-6.jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
>>322869012
I begged you to turn back years ago. And you told me you didn't need or want me anymore. It's too late.
>>
>>322891047
This anon understands the depth of my pain.
>>
They already did with Overwatch. 2016 beta when?
>>
File: 1301060007352.jpg (18KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1301060007352.jpg
18KB, 200x300px
Can someone explain to me why pepople hate Diablo 3?
I recently played it, and reaper of souls trough, (got them for cheap) and they seemed like fine games.

I do have to admit that I have not played Diablo 1 or 2, so I don't know how the 3 compares to either, but from the perspective of someone who played this type of games for the first time, the gameplay itself seemed to be pretty good. It kept me engaged and entertained for the entirety of the campaign.

Storywise, it was also way, way better than SC2, which is a fucking atrocity, and shits all over SC1 and Brood War.

Of course, as I do not know the full stories of the earlier entries of Diablo franchise, I do not know how much Diablo 3 may, or may not have shat upon it's predecessors.
However, the story was at least still pretty ok, whereas the story of SC2 is horrid even if you don't know anything about SC1 or Brood War.

So in short, why does Diablo 3 get so much shit? It seems like a fine game to me.
>>
>>322873004
I'm on Gilgamesh right now on FFXIV and it's so full that my PS4 lags.
>>
Vanilla/TBC servers
>>
>>322870236
>high templar have auto attacks
Fukin wat. Is this a LotV change?
>>
>>322869060
>>
>>322869012
hot chick as a mount xD
>>
>>322892095

It might not seem like it, but when first released, people were expecting something awesome because of the early trailers, and what they got was Star Wars: Episode I in regards to how dissapointing early release D3 was.

Left a pretty sour taste in their mouthes.

Also no mods.
>>
>>322870478
>Also fire and publicly humiliate Metzen.
do this to holinka too
>>
>>322869012
Blizzard isn't the same company as it was more than a decade ago. Most of the key people left and ever since the Activision merge, they went downhill ever since.

They are beyond repair now.
>>
>>322869012
>makes $50billion per month from WoW subscription fees
>350ms ping Euro servers
Scumbag Steve

Get bankrupt.
>>
>>322892589
Yeah, I remember there being some butthurt about the launch of Diablo 3, but as I never paid much attention to it back then, I don't really remember any details.
Still, I think that the game is pretty ok as it is right now, and I honestly sorta wish that it would get another expansion pack. It was pretty fun gradually becoming more and more powerful as the game progressed.
>>
Kill all the devs and start over.
>>
>>322890036

>feminist character

Weird, I don't remember a single line related to the feminist movement.

>covering Lady Sylvannas torso

You mean her stomach? Her tits are still out.
>>
File: 1439580147311.jpg (57KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1439580147311.jpg
57KB, 650x650px
>>322869012

By closing their business.

Wow is dead. Writing gone to shit. Turned into a fucking meme. The writing hasn't been for 7 years.

Hearthstone is a fucking grind if you want cards and don't want to spend shekles on these jews. The game is fucking stupid.

HoTS - baby's first ass blasting.

Star Craft - botched to no end and shit up the ending.

0/10. Are you even trying blizzard?
>>
File: VwdX0lS.jpg (366KB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
VwdX0lS.jpg
366KB, 986x1378px
>>322869012
I don't give a shit about that shitty company after Diablo III betrayal
>>
>>322870074

>start making games for mature audiences again

lol how mentally ill do you have to be to think these games were ever "mature" and "deep".
>>
File: 1697453113.png (344KB, 526x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1697453113.png
344KB, 526x1127px
>>322892095
It's a dumbed down colorful turd that rapes the lore.
People behind it had no idea what made D2 good and threw D1 atmosphere out of the window
>>
>>322892095
Story was awful and in-your-face, art style was fake and completely unlike the diablo 1 & 2 one, itemization was terrible on release
>>
>>322893112
lol ok, come back when your balls drop and you don't get so upset over every little thing.
Or, eat shit and stop baiting
>>
>>322893204
I don't get the point of the picture.
And how does it rape the lore?
I am not denying that it might do that, I just simply do not know enough of the lore of the earlier games to spot any would be lore raping going on.
>>
>>322874745

>remove LFR, LFD

Yeah the game was way better when you spent 30 minutes walking to a dungeon with zero difficulty. If only there was a tier of dungeons and raids that was mandatory for you to have to actively seek out groups for.

Oh, wait.

>remove pet battles

Why?

What the fuck does this even mean?

>TBC level heroics

So you want them to make the current heroics worse?

>put back skill trees

They're already doing that, except it's better versions of the old skill trees.

>stop trying to sell shitty mounts in the cash shop

Why?

>back to TBC with the same difficulty levels

TBC and Vanilla were the easiest the game ever was, though.
>>
>>322869012
Fire Shitzen

Break ties with Tencent

Warcraft 4

Broodwar HD edition perhaps, sold at a reasonable price?

>>322889654
mod support would be nice
>>
>>322893112

How is Zarya a feminist?
>>
>>322869012
WoW is basically a F2P game at this point in terms of content releases and how much effort they put into the game now.

Drop the sub fee already. But of course they won't because they would lose out on that sweet cash.
>>
File: Dragoon_SC1_Art2.jpg (34KB, 585x281px) Image search: [Google]
Dragoon_SC1_Art2.jpg
34KB, 585x281px
>>322893218
Blizzard has largely lost the ability to make distinct artstyles. Most of their shit looks vaguely Wow like these days.
Diablo 3 suffers the least of it though. Starcraft lost it's original aesthetics nearly completely.
Just fucking compare the old Protoss and Zerg designs to the modern ones. Dragoons for example, were clearly robotic, weird, almost insectoid looking walkers, while their replacements in SC2, the Immortals and Stalkers, look more like some magical golems or some shit.
>>
>>322893461
Point of the picture is garbage itemization. As for the lore, for starters Cain was killed by the witch from Power Rangers, The Butcher is a funny Hulk wanna-be and Tyrael turned nigger.
>>
>>322892361
only in the campaign
>>
They're already winning me back with Overwatch. I haven't had that much fun in a game since back when TF2 was still B2P.
>>
>>322893728

That's not lore rape that's story progression.
>>
>>322893728
I don't see how character dying, or how the Angel's mortal form being a nignog are exactly lore rape. The Butcher did look pretty goofy though.
>>
>>322893204
you are literally crying about that

are you an autist
>>
>>322869012
Release each title on gog/drm-free would be a nice start
>>
File: Immortal_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg (84KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Immortal_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg
84KB, 800x534px
>>322893727
Just look at these retarded motherfuckers. They look like they are from WoW.
>>
File: 1441297930846.png (370KB, 765x232px) Image search: [Google]
1441297930846.png
370KB, 765x232px
>>322893840
>>322893893
kill yourselves, while Diablo never had that good of a story, anything new Blizzard comes up with is the worst trash know to man
>>
>>322894085
Do you have any actual reasoning man? Thus far you haven't provided anything concrete to why Diablo 3 rapes the lore.
For example, what exactly is wrong with that bit of dialog?
>>
File: YukimaruPortrait.jpg (24KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
YukimaruPortrait.jpg
24KB, 480x480px
>>322869012
>Make Starcraft Ghost
>Pretend WoW never happened
>Make Warcraft 4
Oh, who am I kidding, the writing in Starcraft 2 was ass, and so would the writing in WC4.

It's fucked.
>>
>>322893904
I know appreciating great vidya design must be autistic as fuck to normalshits like you but please at least make an effort.
>>
>>322893756
Oh, well that's literally nothing then.
>>
>>322894248
yeah but WC4 is going to happen regardless of what you like
>>
>>322889654

>small map size to encourage a large variety of maps, as Warcraft maps have always been about quantity over quality
>no search engine to encourage exploring through maps instead of searching for just for that one map, to again favor quantity over quality

Unfortunately, these two things would never happen because most people think quality is all that matters. The problem is that quality will kill off quantity, leaving only a few stale maps.
>>
File: 1441885176004.jpg (132KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1441885176004.jpg
132KB, 500x375px
>>322870236
"Purifiers. Go forth, and purify."

I still can't decide whether that line was meant to be cheesy.
>>
File: 1447169595750.jpg (21KB, 552x137px) Image search: [Google]
1447169595750.jpg
21KB, 552x137px
Diablo 1: 9/10
StarCraft: 9/10
Brood War: 10/10
Diablo 2: 10/10
Warcraft 1: 7/10
Warcraft 2: 8/10
Warcraft 3: 10/10

WoW: 6/10
SC2: 5/10
Sc2 zerg: 3/10
Sc2 toss: 2/10
Diablo 3: 1/10
RoS: 4/10

How did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>322894085
Kane teaching magic to 12y old demon lolis
>blizzard writing
>>
they're really just out of touch
>>
>>322894693
You forgot the wow expansions. All were sub 5
>>
Legacy servers
other than that just burn down their HQ
>>
>>322894693
I think that the LotV protoss campaign was actually the best one in SC2. Gameplay wise the multiplayer of LotV is also way better than in the previous ones.

The Epilogue was pure shit though.
>>
>>322894873
>weeb writing*
>>
>>322894215
I don't care enough, you clearly have no idea about the previous games in the series. It's like describing to someone why Rocky 5 is much worse than Rocky 1.
>>
>>322895113
Ok then. Clearly, if you can't explain how the Diablo 3 "rapes the lore" there actually isn't much, if any lore rape at all in it.
>>
>>322894693
Reading that first list almost made me cum from how good they used to be. Blizzard was the undisputed king of PC. Even id or valve had nothing on them back then. I miss those days.
>>
>>322895113
Uhm, I can tell you that one easy
Rocky has ALWAYS sucked, it's just that the fans grew up.
>>
>>322891463
Because thats how billion dollar companies got created, without Wc3 there would be no Dota, without dota there would be no LoL
>>
File: 1435096653363.png (7KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435096653363.png
7KB, 500x500px
>>322895430
>Rocky has ALWAYS sucked
>>
>>322895484
Billion dollar company*
Riot is the only tangible thing that rose from the Custom Games ashes, Valve took DotA and Icefraud basically doesn't exist
>>
File: 1339329445571.jpg (41KB, 523x121px) Image search: [Google]
1339329445571.jpg
41KB, 523x121px
>>322895351
>>
>>322895484
Funny you should mention those, whatever custom games you make in in sc2 are owned by blizzard now. They're not letting another dota slip by them
>>
>>322895678
Not my fault you have no taste. Rocky is the dadrock of movies.
>>
>>322895712
Again, how is that lore rape?
>>
>>322895746
That was also the case in WC3, unless it got more strict this time around?
>>
>>322895712

The quest having a silly name is lore rape? That has nothing to do with the lore, anon
>>
I just want the Diablo series to go back to what used to be in Diablo 1 and 2, especially 1: Macabre as hell, bloody, unnerving.

Same with starcraft... 1's atmosphere actually had me at the edge of my seat. 2 just looks pretty and shiny...
>>
>>322895830
It's not
Read the title of the achievement, dumbass.
>>
>>322895830
>>322895885
damn you blizztards are dense
>>
>>322895795
>le dad rock is bad maymay

found the dadless nigger
>>
>>322895959
>>322896000
How is killing a character lore rape?
>>
all right, how many times do you have to kill Diablo before he stops being in video games
>>
>>322896043
wew
>>
>>322896026
At least this dadless nigger knows when a movie is shit from writing to acting
>>
>>322895959
>>322896000
>memes are lorerape
ok
>>
>>322896435
>I love may-mays!
ebin
>>
>>322896435
dude I'm not even arguing in favor of whether or not it's lore rape
It's literally just a meme in response, it could've been any other cool story bro photo but that guy decided to post one that's actually relevant to the thread

Holy SHIT you are retarded, maybe even autistic
>>
>>322896593
No, I don't like memes, but you simply don't seem to know what the hell the word "lore" means.
>>
More sexism in their shit games.

Sexism isn't bad, but your average Blizzard CEO will not know that and get all his information by hi 23yr old transqueer african secretary intern who reads him select tweets from feminist frequency while he's counting money.

95% of "gamers" (as in "people who play video games") are male, no matter how many big titted bimbos hold their cowtits into a camera and thank nerds for subscribing on twitch. Those people have nothing to do with gaming.
So, with 95% of your audience being males from 13 to 40 years of age and your company becoming more prudent with every game and patch, you seriously ask why people stopped buying your games?

KEK
>>
>OP is obviously a Blizzard employee
>How can this company win you back
>Fire Metzen
>Fire Metzen
>Fire Metzen
>Fire the artists
>Fire the managers
>Fire him, her, this, that
>Stop making casual shit

I think you have your answer, OP. Your company is forever tainted and nothing short of eliminating the old guard will save you.
>>
>>322896806
I ain't even the same guy, and he was right here >>322895113.

You are a retard or an idiot pretending to be one, so trying to argue is pointless.
>>
File: 1449921155961.png (89KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1449921155961.png
89KB, 184x184px
Here's how you get people to like Blizzard again:

1. Get rid of Metzen, that hack couldn't write a story to save his life. No, ERRBODY BECOMING CORRUPTED NIGGA is not a story.

2. Really, get rid of Metzen, his fucking self insert ego jerking and "noble savage" agendas have been annoying for years now. Nobody thinks Thrall is cool besides Metzen, nobody thinks orcs are the misunderstood good guys and nobody besides Metzen has this orc-cuckold fetish that he has. Just because you're a subscriber on BLACKED.com, that doesn't mean you should insert your fetish into other people's fucking entertainment. Get rid of this cuck.

3. Make Sylvanas and all the other well endorsed female show their goodies again. First your social justice designers got rid off her bikini armor, then you covered up her midriff. What's next, is she going to wear a burka while fighting the fight for woman's rights?
Men love tits and if your company wasn't staffed with 85% homosexuals, you guys would remember that. To us, the way you're taking your designs just looks strange.

4. Stop covering the MOBA and shooter markets with even more dumbed down shit. MOBA's will be dominated by Dota and LoL for the next 5 years at least, so you missed your chance there, no big deal. Shooters will always have Counter-Strike, Call of Duty and Battlefield, so no luck there either.
In both markets, the steaming shits that left your studios didn't even meet those standards, so don't try to fix it now with selling overpriced skins for low population games.

5. Fix Diablo, WarCraft and StarCraft. You have your established franchises and you let them ROT because you wanted to go for 2 new markets and failed miserably (see 4). Fix your bread and butter games and people will like you again.

6. GET RID OF METZEN
There, I just saved Blizzard, can I get a free blowjob now
>>
with a diablo MMO
>>
apologizing for the last 10 years and then ceasing all business operations
>>
>>322897057
Fuck you nigger overwatch is fun
>>
>>322897023
What

It's the first time I even read that post you're pointing to, the one alluding to the Rocky franchise. That has nothing to do with the "lore rape" conversation I was having with that other anon.. You are a blind retard who seemingly just wants to fling his feces and argue for the sake of arguing because your post has nothing to do with what I was saying.

And you still don't know what "lore" means. Go get a dictionary, and educate yourself for once in your life, you fool.
>>
>>322869012
Personally and publicy apologizing to me and the many others who grew up with Diablo, StarCraft, and Warcraft only to watch them get brutally raped before our very eyes.

Then fire everyone, sell off the company, and use the liquidated funds to pay is back.
>>
>>322897160
Please no
>>
>>322897707
it's too late for that now anyway, I just like to imagine what WoW would have been if it was WoDiablo
>>
>>322897394
>I don't even follow my own replies
truly ebin
>>
>>322897394
that was where the argument started, are you new to this whole 4chin business?
>>
>>322897394
>It's the first time I even read that post you're pointing to
So you can't even follow backlinks? Well, at least that proves that you are a retard or an idiot pretending to be one.
>>
>>322869012
give me 50 packs of tgt, gvg and classic.
make world of warcraft f2p
Make all heroes free in Hots
Item loot 3.0 in diablo3
Make Overwatch 15 bucks at launch.
Ditch activision
>>
>>322869012
Fix WoW
Remove the Jew prices from HotS
Adjust prices of Overwatch to Brazil (it's literally more expensive than $40/$60)
Actually put some effort on SC2
>>
>>322893204
Does account bound mean what I think it means?
>>
>>322898373
Probably. D3 is called WoW-lite for a reason.
>>
>>322898373
yep
>>
>>322898567
>>322898450
I've never been happier to have not played a game.
Shit, diablo 2 was like my favourite game too, back in the day.
Who knew diablo 3 would be an f2pmmo-lite with WoW artstyle?
>>
>>322890638
Making everything cartoony is just another way of casualizing their games.
>>
>>322873906
>I wasted my mid-life, the post
>>
Retire Metzen, then fire all his Yes Men.
>>
>>322897209
>buzzwords

Not the guy you are responding to, but Overwatch looks painfully mediocre and will face many of the problems HotS has thanks to neo-Blizzard's obsessive casual pandering.
>>
They are pretty much feminist, and SJW pandering capitalists. They are no better than EA, and need to be buried. They deserve to fail.
>>
>>322869012

>Beta access for all subscribers of WoD, as recompense for still being subbed to that massive pile of shit.

>Free copy of Overwatch as a refund for buying the giant steaming fetid corpse that is WoD.

I'd consider it.
>>
>>322898741

>Diablo 3 launch

Agreed

>Diablo 3 post RoS

Not true at all.

Diablo 3 is the only Blizzard game right now worthy of praise. It has redeemed itself and then some. It's already surpassed D2 in my opinion. Seasons are easily one of the best things to happen to the genre.
>>
File: 1444921162500.gif (220KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
1444921162500.gif
220KB, 320x238px
>>322900727
>he bought WoD
>he wants to play Overwatch
Oh boy, you are beyond help.
>>
>>322869012

I get all the coke Metzen has had.
>>
>>322900927
>Seasons are easily one of the best things to happen to the genre
>Seasons
You are pure cancer.
>>
First, make a good game.

Second, fire Metzen.

Neither of these will happen.
>>
why do you stupid fucks still play blizzard games?
what the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>322901092

Give me one reason why Seasons aren't better than literally everything in D2.
>>
>>322900927
>It's already surpassed D2 in my opinion
You get paid to have that opinion tho.
>>
>>322869012
by makeing legion better than wotlk
>>
>>322875650
You don't get how PvP worked back then. Meeting a fully PvE geared player was really fun, since they were basically glass cannons compared to a fully geared PvP player. They were squishy as fuck.

Going into PvP with PvE gear was a high risk, high reward kind of playstyle.
>>
>>322869012

some kind of deathmatch tournament with all their newer employees
>>
File: 1450609135355.gif (27KB, 158x132px) Image search: [Google]
1450609135355.gif
27KB, 158x132px
>>322900927

get a load of this guy holy fuck
>>
>>322894693
Metzen and activision
>>
>>322897057
Wise man here. Blizzard is trying to seize the Zeitgeist far too late and is trying to muscle into dominated genres.

Hearthstone will not trump Magic the Gathering.

Heroes of the Storm will not trump League of Legends.

Overwatch will not beat Call of Duty.

Diablo 3 and StarCraft 2 were fucking trash. Jay "Fuck that guy"'s comments gives you the impression they know and willingly just want to ride on brand name alone to wow their fanbase into pouring hundreds into polished turds.

All they're doing is diluting their blizzdrones, perhaps getting them interested in other genres and making them realize there are better options out there.

I definitely think an entirely fresh, new start would do them a world of good. Don't rip off something else, aim for something entirely new and do that. But, seeing how creatively bankrupt Blizzard is, I doubt it will happen.
>>
>>322869012
They would need to make legion have the same magic that made WotLK great.
>>
>>322903179
hearthstone makes wayyyyy more bucks than magic does per year pal.
>>
Fucking EA has more ethics than Blizzard. People who still support this godforsaken company are fucktarded.

Literally every other company is better than Blizzard.
>>
>>322903179
Hearthstone have its own niche, since there wasn't a dominating, online only, card game for casuals.

You are right about the rest.
>>
Ritual suicide
>>
>>322903179
>hearthstone rakes in more cash than Magic
>Diablo 3 has completely turned around and is an enjoyable game
>Wow still rolling in cash
>overwatch is going to be a huge hit
>heroes of the storm is fun and isn't trying to stump league of legends
>>
>>322869012
>how can they win me back
By doing a good job for once in their careers and not turning Overwatch into another shitfest.
Until then, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>322869012
Warcraft Dynasty Warriors spinoff.

a fighting game
>>
>>>/vg/127664408

LMAO
>>
>>322869012
add dr boom to heroes of the storm
>>
>>322875623
>Oerk/Niggers dindu nuttin
>Blizzard not human hating SJW's
>>
>>322904935
fuck i laughed way harder than i should have and then sadness ;_;
>>
>>322876186
No, you fuck off, fag enabler.
>>
yeah, I'm gonna go with Warcraft 4 also

I don't care about whatever else the company shits out. I played the first part of SC2 (Wings of liberty or whatever it was) but didn't even bother buying the next ones.
>>
>>322904935
>Page 10
/vg/ is kind of a shithole, but still. That's sad.
Also, Path of Exile and Grim Dawn are still infinitely better.
>>
File: Blizzdrones.jpg (70KB, 625x473px) Image search: [Google]
Blizzdrones.jpg
70KB, 625x473px
>>
>>322905242
to add, I only bought SC2 in the first place because I played the shit out of Brood War and WC3 back in the day
>>
>>322905242
>I played the first part of SC2 (Wings of liberty or whatever it was) but didn't even bother buying the next ones.
Same.
That and what I heard of D3 during blizzcon was when I truly gave up on blizzard.
>>
File: 1419807112041.png (116KB, 539x692px) Image search: [Google]
1419807112041.png
116KB, 539x692px
>>322869012
Gib back Warcraft III and Diablo II, I want to play with people again.
Do it by making hd remakes of said games so they don't look like shit.
Make new expansion for Warcraft III and improve it's map editor. Don't fuck this up like in SC 2 where Blizz claims all rights to every map people create.
Or alternatively send me back in time, I had so much fun with simple shit back then, even building a base was awsome. I want it back.
That's all really.
>>
They haven't been good since Diablo 2. Let them die.
>>
>>322905730
when SC2 came out in 2010 I thought it'd be fun to make maps for it and play with friends, but they really fucked up the whole system.

it worked great in Warcraft 3, and we had fun playing self-made maps with friends.
>>
>>322905747
The Frozen Throne was good, but when their cashcow WoW came out it all went to shit

and then it became Activision-Blizzard, completely ruining everything forever
>>
>>322869012
by changing the clearly OP human racial.
>>
File: 5445.jpg (151KB, 1919x917px) Image search: [Google]
5445.jpg
151KB, 1919x917px
>>322869142
>waa this company needs to stop thinking their own thoughts and having minds of their own!!
fuck off
>>
>>322906492
>SJWs
>having own thoughts
top kek
>>
>win you back
But they don't want "us" back. They want the so called "gamers" and the phone games market.
>>
File: 1443838030725.jpg (363KB, 599x910px) Image search: [Google]
1443838030725.jpg
363KB, 599x910px
>>322869012
-add coop campaign to starcraft 2
-make a new diablo that goes back to d1/2's artstyle and gameplay but with harder difficulty options
-add more depth to Hots, more meaningful costumization for the heroes, more options to do on the maps
-make Overwatch a tps
-and uhm... make a new mmo? wow still isn't bad but only autists didn't burned out of it after 12 years. Releasing some reskinned content every year won't change that much.
>>
>>322907376
>They don't want us
D-don't say that Anon. it hurts.
>>
>>322907583
this

except scrap overwatch, there's literally nothing redeeming about it

add more fanservice to HOTS
>>
>>322869060
thread should have been over after this. fucking neo/v/ i swear to god.
>>
>>322869012
host wow classic servers
>>
Nintendo and Valve dominate the market for real gamers. Nobody cares about dad rock Blizzard anymore.
>>
Heroes of the Storm is good?
>>
>>322869012
Remove RNG from hearthstone pls.
Or make a game mode where RNG cards dont exist.
>>
>>322908267
go away gramps
>>
>>322891338

I played all the old glorious games. Where did I say that I didn't? Faggot.
>>
>>322908857
As good as everything that Blizzard had released in the last 10 years.
>>
Step 1: Hire all their old staff
Step 2: Fire all their current staff
Step 3: Make smaller games
>>
>casual shit is bad

Reminder /v/ is always wrong and anything /v/ says always leads to poor sales
>>
>>322869012
I don't think it's possible, I've been done with blizzard since WotLK.
>>
>>322909412
WotLK was the "casual expansion" yet it was the peak of WoW and had content that catered to every type of player that was fun and challenging.

They need to bring back whoever the fuck made WotLK what it was and turn Legion in to Wrath 2.0.
>>
>>322909412
>Hardcore gamers want good games
>Good games don't sell well
>So you're wrong in what you want!
How dense can you be?
>>
>>322869419
>They're lazy
Except they aren't. Blizz/Activision regards themselves as "thrifty". Or in other words, all their budget goes into marketing, and after you buy the game they don't give a fuck whether you actually liked it. The only reason Blizzard still posts games under the Blizzard brand is because it was so obviously trusted by its fans. They'd always released games that were huge leaders in their genre. These days they release schlock, but fanboys STILL think the company is going to turn around.

The brand still has power, but let's face it, their marketers have to face it - release too much under-developed rot and eventually people aren't going to get hyped for "Blizzard's TF2 with ultimates", or "Blizzard's DotA with less flexibility", or "Blizzard's game that is set in space and can't decide if it's about dicking an alien girl, a prophecy, or what. Also check out BattleDRM.net 2.0, it's worse for players than the old Battle.net in most conceivable ways."
>>
>>322909224

You do realize vanilla wow glory days were still 10 years ago? (almost more than that though :( )
>>
>>322869060

First post, best post.
>>
>>322869060
This.
>>
>>322909716
If only, although it seems like they're going a completely different direction with Legion if Jay is any representation.

>>322909765
>hardcore gamers want hardcore games
>hardcore games don't sell well
>so you're wrong in what you want
Do you see what I'm saying now that I've displayed it in similar retarded fashion?
>>
>>322870074
This.
>>
>>322909830
>vanilla wow
>good
Literally baby's first MMORPG.

People that used to play MMORPGs always thought that WoW was shit since the start.
>>
Warcraft will never ever happen.
Simple reason is - it's gonna really fuck their WoW timeline up the ass.
They'll have to actually think to weave all their lore together to make a game.

And until they stop making money, they will not put much effort into their stuff.
So do the right thing, stop supporting them.
>>
>>322869012
they could stop trendhopping

>we have a card game now
>now we have a moba
>now we have another moba

they could also make a new expac for diablo iii
>>
>>322909940
>Do you see what I'm saying now that I've displayed it in similar retarded fashion?
No. We are consumers, not the developers retard. I don't give a shit if they go bankrupt.
>>
>>322869012
Stop letting autists into Blizzcon
>>
>>322910027
Overwatch and Hearthstone might actually be what they did right though.
>>
File: lol.jpg (1MB, 5000x3683px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
1MB, 5000x3683px
>>322904935
>>
>>322909984
Not shit, but... "easy mode" -- like going to a hot tub after you'd spent some time with people trying to drown you in a rough game of water polo, surrounded by sharks. Its interface was leagues ahead of anything out at the time, to the point where most hardcore MMO enthusiasts that I had the... uh... "pleasure" of knowing were pretty united in saying "every game ever made from now on should use WoW's UI. Every Game."
>>
>>322869012
Ditching Activision. Yea, I'm aware they are the parent company but Blizz went down hill when Activision went the normie route.

That and WoW is fucking old.
>>
>>322909984
you mean it wasn't a tedious grindfest?
yeah, total shit m8
>>
>>322910090
>I don't give a shit if they go bankrupt
Then you won't get the games you desire in the future. Easy shit nigga.
>>
Make that fucking Diablo II sequel I've been waiting for 15 years. Make Warcraft IV
>>
>>322910350
The only good thing they did was allowing addons, so the community could fix that mess of interface and then they could steal their work.

>>322910464
>vanilla wow wasn't a tedious grindfest
So you never played it? Good to know.
>>
>>322909940
Yeah. Legion will be in the same vein as WoD. Content enough to keep you subbed for the first two or three months of release, and then you're hit with a massive wall of boring repetitive content that you either force yourself to do or you drop sub.

By the time new content is out, you either lost all hype and don't feel like wasting money on a sub for a month, or you've burned yourself out already and can't get excited for content you're literally forcing yourself to play through.
>>
>>322910659
it was way less tedious than any other mmo out at the time
nowadays it may seem like a grindfest
>>
Stop banning my bots
>>
>>322911194
Not really, it just artificially increased the grind adding "dungeon caps" per hour and "one raid run per week", so cucks would play (and pay) for longer.
>>
Actually care about d3
>>
>>322911479
Fuck, why don't you just come out and say "I never played an MMO before WoW"? That's all your post is telling me.
>>
>>322911660
I played RO and Lineage years before WoW was released.

Why don't you just come out and say "I never played WoW before Cataclysm? That's all your post is telling me.
>>
>>322910659
The mouse controls, the movement, the button placement -- everything was polished so far beyond what was currently on the market that going back to the other MMOs felt like returning to DOS itself. You wouldn't know that because the first MMO you ever played was probably something that came out last year.
>>
>>322911852
see >>322911843

You Blizzdrones are so deluded, thinking that Blizzard did anything good themselves.
>>
>>322910464
>you mean it wasn't a tedious grindfest?

Confirmed for never playing vanilla. You literally sat in zones for days, sometimes weeks, just killing monsters to level up because the zone was either unfinished with no fucking quests, or the quests in the zone did fuckall for your experience bar and you'd run out of quests before you were of level to go to the next zone.

Also attunement quests. That shit was literally the embodiment of "BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO WALK 15 MILES UPHILL IN THE SNOW BOTH WAYS IN ONLY A THIN TEE SHIRT, SHORTS, AND NO GOD DAMN SHOES" except 30 times worse.

It was more like "BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO WALK 60 MILES UPHILL IN THE SNOW ON A BED OF USED NEEDLES TO GET A STICK THAT WOULD LET ME WALK UP A 90 DEGREE CLIFF WITH NO CLIMBING EQUIPMENT WHILE A HOARD OF BABIES SHAT DOWN DIARRHEA ALL OVER THE CLIFF JUST TO GET A STONE THAT LET YOU GO BACK TO THE STICK PLACE TO TALK TO A MAN WHO WILL SEND YOU BACK UP SHIT CLIFF TO TALK TO ANOTHER MAN WHO WANTS YOU TO GET A SAMPLE OF DUST FROM HALFWAY ACROSS THE GLOBE TO BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO THE PERSON STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO HIM WHO WILL SEND YOU BACK TO THE STICK MAN WHO WILL SEND YOU BACK TO DUST MAN WHO WILL SEND YOU BACK TO STICK WHO WILL SEND YOU BACK TO THE PERSON NEXT TO DUST WHO WILL FINALLY GIVE YOU A KEY TO OPEN A CHEST TO GET THE LEAF THAT WAS ON THE TWIG YOU GOT IN THE FIRST PLACE."
>>
>>322911843
I never played WoW after vanilla. Before WoW, I played Lineage2 and City of Heroes, Everquest, and some shitty isometric Chinese MMO. WoW operated on a completely different level. The PvP was much more forgiving for younger players (entire PvE zones), the factions gave you a full team on your side, and the PvE leveling system (no XP loss on death, no equipment loss) made it incredibly easy to play through the game without worrying about death.

Fuck you, you would KNOW this shit if you actually played those other games, fucktard.
>>
Make Diablo 3 playable offline.
>>
>>322912312
And nothing of that makes WoW less grindy nor is related to my complaint about "one raid run per week".

Are you retarded?
>>
>>322909189
>These little shits actually mean it when they say these stupid things

If you fucking idiots here actually kept the "SEKRET CLUB XD" mindset you wouldn't be throwing the "Hello reddit! XD" response every other fucking thread.
>>
>>322912009
Blizzard did plenty good, you're just blinded with your hatred that you can't see it.

I'll admit, everything blizzard has lately done has been pure vomited shit but i still remain hopefull that in the coming years whatever is left of the old team might make something worth playing
>>
BURN THE CURRENT PVP AND CLASS DESIGNERS AT THE STAKE.
>>
>>322913251
>Blizzard did plenty good, you're just blinded with your hatred that you can't see it.
Indeed, they did. Great music, great netcode, superb cinematics (well, not it WoW), and their animations were topnotch at their time.

And yet, you tried to defend their crappy interface. An interface so bad that everybody with half brain was using Cosmos to fix it.
>>
>>322869012
4craft
Overwatch tweaked to suck less
Diablo 4 not shit
Starcraft 3 announced and more storyline expansions incl. playable xelnaga
World of Warcraft 2

Blizzard has such unbelievably good IP and fan loyalty. It's a shame that what they've been making these days is so mediocre.
>>
>>322871504
My dream!

And also War3 adapted to new monitors
>>
>>322869012
WoW
Fucking stop turning it into an outright facebook game. I know your game inspired the garbage that is facebook gaming, that doesn't mean you have to inbreed with them.

Diablo 3
I don't know. I didn't buy it when I heard it has an online only thing. Don't plan on it anytime in the future.

Starcraft II
Not sure either. Improve their editor? Likely some balance issues, but that's all their games all the fucking time.

Hearthstone
Give gold on losses. Seriously, fuck you Blizzard. It's almost like literal gambling here. Also: gonna say it again. Nerf Dr. Boom. Gross card. Almost 0 counterplay outside of hoping to have a silence, or being a priest that runs silence/mass dispel (no one).

Heroes of the Storm
The stat squish, while thoughtful, killed melee for a lot of champions. A lot of heroes need some TLC.

Overwatch
If consoles have an embarrassingly low tickrate, then there's nothing I would do other than Make Tracer even faster, and/or give her i-frames on her blink.
>>
What makes Blizzard so terrible in comparison to all the other publishers that have changed for the worst in the past decade?
>>
>>322914068
>comparing publishers to developers
>>
>D3 was such a let down I still cant really believe they didn't go down hard for that shit
>MoP was actually decent for a while, then you realize theres no content, no reason to even get flying and unless you raid there aint shit to do cuz pvp is GARBAGE and the game is asocial you only group for things you really need
>hrhrhrbl

I'll still play WoW on and off because stockholm syndrome like fuck but theres no way I'd ever buy another blizzard product. Seems we wont have to either, instead of make good games and keep whatever "loyal" fanbase they once had they'll just shit out lame millenial games like overwatch and hearthstone.

It's weird growing up playing warcraft 2 on bnet when you were 7 now looking at what blizzard has become, and you cant really go "MUH NOSTALGIA" because I'd imagine like me a lot of people here still boot up d1 and 2, hell I don't even like RTS and suck at them but still play broodwar once in a while.
>>
>>322913572
im not the guy you replied to in the previous post
the interface was functional enough that it didn't bother people, it might surprise you but the majority aren't using a custom ui, which is the reason most developers ripped it off thinking they had to emulate wow as much as they can so they could steal some their crowd
>>
>>322914220
Whatever.
>>
>>322869012
Make some new games and new properties that arn't filled with PAULDROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS
>>
>>322914421
>the interface was functional enough that it didn't bother people
I can agree with that. But the other guy was like "vanilla WoW interface was the shit since the start and addons didn't improved it", pretty different opinion.
>>
>>322870478
>>322889568
>>322892598
Can you please tell me why you guys hate Metzen so much? I am oblivious
>>
make a good game to my tastes centered around diablo, starcraft or i guess warcraft even though it has always been my least favorite of the blizzard games.

honestly no other game released by blizzard interests me enough to even bother trying it because I have not been very impressed with what they did with wow,diablo3, or starcraft2.

If they made diablo 4, or starcraft ghost, or world of warcraft 2 or something and it was amazing i would play it and maybe be more interested in gaming news related to blizzard. until then i wont be touching anymore blizzard games because im just not that interested.

I bought starcraft 2 because brood war was one of my favorite games as a kid. it was enjoyable though a little disappointing. I got the protoss campaign as well though it didnt hold my interest enough for me to finish it yet. Im at the point now where i feel like the game series i loved as a kid is over now and even if blizzard released a new game called starcraft 3 i wouldnt be interested unless i heard it was comparable to brood war.
>>
>>322901173
Wrong order bub
>>
>>322909984

>Vanilla WoW not good

No people just crave the old days of launch and BC for shits and giggles M8 u fuckin' cunt

I played EQ and Ultima and Dransik etc. before WoW launched and I never once thought that nor did any of my friends you fuck faggot.
>>
>>322914351
i have been booting up starcraft once a year and playing it on battlenet every once in a while.

This year was the first year i booted it up and it turned out that the community is so small now that I could not find a game with someone who I had a good connection with. It was very sad.
>>
File: 1420939534864.jpg (58KB, 729x914px) Image search: [Google]
1420939534864.jpg
58KB, 729x914px
>>322915326
>he never played RO
Well, that confirm your terrible taste for MMORPGs.
>>
>>322914068
Higher fall from grace. They USED to be an industry leader. They were THE company for RTS games, for example, but SC2 is ass. Fanboys say it isn't ass, but it's ass. Diablo II was huge, but Diablo III was ass. Overwatch is ass.

Now don't get me wrong, all this shit is fun for a little while up front, but none of it is fun on repetition. Nothing they've sold recently has been $60 worth of fun. $30 maybe, but not $60. The TF2 knockoff shouldn't cost jack to play, and SC2 now has free multiplayer but I won't even touch SC2 anymore in spite of being an RTS junkie. SC2 it's a stale, practically solved game, and being competitive in that is ass.
>>
warcraft 4 i guess. i haven't really payed attention to them since war3.
>>
>>322869012
By inventing a time machine solely for me so I can go back in time and play Diablo II back in its hayday again.

1.08 niggas.
>>
File: HISV.gif (3MB, 275x180px) Image search: [Google]
HISV.gif
3MB, 275x180px
>>322869012
they already did
>>
>>322915767
The fall was higher than Rare, Capcom and Konami?
Even Valve has started to fall. I don't see where the high ground is in the modern industry or who is even on it.
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.