[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F.E.A.R.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fear-logo.jpg (37KB, 1024x440px) Image search: [Google]
fear-logo.jpg
37KB, 1024x440px
Just beat pic related for the first time.

How are the expansions? Are they even worth my time or should I skip them and jump into the sequel?
>>
>>322823761
they are pretty fun, especially extraction point
>>
File: 1378407815285.gif (3MB, 416x233px) Image search: [Google]
1378407815285.gif
3MB, 416x233px
>>322823761
extraction point is fucking great. it goes more into horror territory than the main game and gets outright weird towards the end. definitive must play.
perseus mandate is more of a cheap addon with no real ideas of its own. it tries hard to be as cool and intense as FEAR but it really isn't. I still enjoyed it though.
>>
>>322823923
>>322824634
Thanks, I'll play Extraction Point then.
>>
>>322823761
Personally I thought that the expansions both suffered from weaker level design, they are still excellent though.
Aside from that they have quiet a few of the spooky segments, which are at least as good as the ones in the main game and the way they continue the story is arguably better than the way the actual sequels chose to.
The second expansion adds some cool weapons but never really gives you enough ammo.
>>
>>322825020
don't play the sequels. They are nothing like the first game and expansions, they are utter shit
>>
FEAR 1 = Godlike
FEAR 2 = Really Really good
FEAR 3 = Really Really Bad, its bad, so bad it makes me post on 4chan about it
>>
>>322825247
FEAR2 suffers a lot from the fact that it's a multiplattform relase developed with consoles in mind, but it's still a very well designed FPS. it's still a monolith game after all.
>>
>>322825247
fear 2 is still great
3 is utter dogshit though
>>
>>322825614
I was most dissapointed in the weapons, they lacked the feeling of force from the first game and the enemies were mostly too soft
>>
>>322823761

The sequels are WORSE than the expansions.

Overall, the series goes gradually downhill, especially if you give even a single tenth of a shit about the story, which stops being worth your time immediately after the first game ends.

>Perfect Tier:

F.E.A.R.

>High Tier:

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate

>Low Tier:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

>"If This DLC is Based Entirely On The Gimmick Of Playing As a Replica Soldier Then Why Am I Only Fighting Bad Guys?" Tier:

F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn

>Shit Tier:

F.E.A.R. 3
>>
>>322823761
play the xpacs and avoid the sequels since they are dogshit
>>
File: jab.webm (3MB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
jab.webm
3MB, 650x366px
>>322825020
You may enjoy Perseus even though it is the weakest of the F.E.A.R. 1 content.
It pulls some dumb shit, but it's still the same solid core gameplay.
The second is an okay shooter but a big disappointment coming from the first, particularly in the gunplay department.
3 is a weird misguided mess in which you play as a greasy caveman
>>
Everything besides FEAR 1 and it's expansions are dogshit. Don't listen to the memers saying "W-well at least it's not 3."
>>
Just replayed the original FEAR while high as fuck

what an amazing game
>>
The only worthwhile thing in F.E.A.R. 3 is the post-credits scene.

And despite being played at the end of the third game, it actually takes place prior to the first game and depicts events which are mentioned in the first game (i.e., the "synchronicity event"). So you could watch it now without even spoiling anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBoVFk1jo6g

I'm not sure why the retard who uploaded that video put "F.E.A.R. 4?" in the title though. I guess he never paid attention to the story and doesn't know that the kid is Paxton Fettel.
>>
>>322828501
Honestly I think the idea of exploring those two weirdos' development was a neat idea. Too bad it was handled so clumsily outside of those cutscenes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.