[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy X and X2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: final_fantasy_10-2_hd_remaster.jpg (73KB, 640x799px) Image search: [Google]
final_fantasy_10-2_hd_remaster.jpg
73KB, 640x799px
So I'm kind of new to jrpgs and I used to not like like them very much but I want to try the Final Fantasy X and X2 collection for the ps4. I was wondering if I needed to know to story of the previous Final Fantasy's to understand what is going on in the game?
>inb4 console peasant
I don't have a lot of money and my friend offered me a ps4 for half price
>>
>>322619869
All the games take place in a different universe
>>
>>322620009
So I don't have to worry about characters from previous games?
>>
I can get the game for 50 euros
>>
>>322619869

Final Fantasy X and X-2 are complete standalones like the rest of the series.

That's why its 10-2 instead of 11.

You don't need to play any other ones to understand what's going on
>>
File: came.gif (193KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
came.gif
193KB, 204x204px
Chronological order:

Dissidia 012
XIII
XIII-2
Lightning Returns*
I
IV
After Years
V
II*
IX
XII
Vagrant Story
Tactics
Tactics Advance*
Tactics A2
XII Revenant Wings*
XI
XIV
VIII*
X
X-2*
Before Crisis
Crisis Core
VII
Advent Children
Dirge of Cerberus*
XV
Spirits Within*
Dissidia*
Kingdom Hearts

hope you enjoy Nomura's wild ride

*not canon/skippable
>>
>>322619869
It's not the best jrpg by any means and direct sequels to rpgs are always shit. It pretty linear and is the beginning of the decline of why nobody plays ff anymore. 15 will hopefully change the damage this game did
>>
>>322619869
>I was wondering if I needed to know to story of the previous Final Fantasy's to understand what is going on in the game?

No. Also somebody is going to ruin the ending in this thread so I suggest you leave and get playing.
>>
>>322620983
What the fuck is this post
I'm really curious what your logic is, if it's anything other than a shitpost
>>
Since you have a ps4 you might as well download FFVII instead.
>>
>>322620983

>Chronological order

Nigga you're a fucking idiot. Just because X and VII are in the same continuity, doesn't mean the rest of them are.

>>322619869

X is a great place to start OP, if you can handle some weird early-2000's dialogue, and can get used to turn-based combat. No knowledge of the series is needed prior.
>>
How old and stupid are you to not know that the Final Fantasy series 99% of the time take place in different universes?

Also use google you lazy fuck.
>>
>>322619869
Try emulating Persona 3 FES or Xenoblade Chronicles
>>
>>322621076

The decline of the series was the 7th generation of consoles, what the fuck are you talking about. Weabs had an ungodly amount of new JRPGs to play as more and more were being released for the PSP and the PS2/3, many moreso than in previous generations. That, and 13 being a pile of shit are what killed the *original* franchise, not X.
>>
X and X2 are the same universe so play X first

X2 is more fun
>>
OP do yourself a solid and dont play x or x-2, theyre absolutely the worst FF games, yes even worse than ff13 and its ass terrible "sequals" Im speaking from both a gameplay and story perspective.
>>
>>322620139
only Cid
>>
>>322621340
That's why X is the beginning of the end you dunce
Linear corridors and voice acting killed final fantasy
>>
>>322621204
X and VII might as well be different continuities anyway. They happen thousands of years apart and on different planets. The only connection between the two is that there's some kid named "Shinra" in X-2 and I suppose you could argue the Farplane is Lifestream-esque
>>
>>322621546

>Linear corridors killed Final Fantasy

So 7 and 8 contributed to this, is what you're saying? "but m-much world map" It was pretty much linear for the bulk of the game, due to "Go this this place". No FF has been truly open in the slightest.

Voice acting was terribad at first, but you have to start somewhere. Later games have been less cringe-inducing.
>>
>>322621948
Zanarkand kinda looked like Midgar
It's all speculation but I like the idea that Zanarkand was about 100 or 200 years after the events of FF7 and Spira is obviously 1000 years later
>>
>>322620139
Nope. Don't worry about that. Only ones like X-2 and XIII-2 you need to worry about, direct sequels.
>>
>>322622009
FF7 wasn't just a straight line, it was a straight line with several rooms to check out every fifth step, where FFX had about 20 different rooms in total
It's not about the actual voice acting, it's about the fact that by nature of there being voice acting the characters have to be more concise and have simple dialogue because of $
>>
>>322622238
imagine the walls of exposition text and dialogue from VII

now in voiced cutscene form in the remake
>>
File: Midgar2-FFVII-remake.png (919KB, 1307x555px) Image search: [Google]
Midgar2-FFVII-remake.png
919KB, 1307x555px
>>322622089
I don't really see the resemblance between Zanarkand and Midgar. Midgar's all cyberpunk, Zanarkand just looks like post-modern magic city. Plus, again, they happened on different worlds. Zanarkand isn't on the same planet as Midgar
>>
>>322620983
>Lightning Returns*

Wait wat?
>>
You're fine starting with that one. Also, play with the original music, not the remastered.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.