[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

horizon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: shitposting1.jpg (90KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting1.jpg
90KB, 670x377px
how will the story make sense?
why do the machines act as if they feel pain when you kill them?
is it really going to be any good?
>>
>>322499869
The title of this game is a total clusterfuck
>>
>>322499869
If the machines evolved like biological beings before them, it would be weird they don't have any kind of sense of pain since it serves to protect the body from harm
>>
>>322499869
>how will the story make sense?

It wont.

>why do the machines act as if they feel pain when you kill them?

Because it's shit.

>is it really going to be any good?

No.
>>
>>322500139
>>322500732
These are both true.

I saw a short demo of this at Gamescom last year. It really didn't show anything new and there wasn't a playable demo where people could actually get hands on it. It looked somewhat interesting but I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

Also, that bitch needs to shut up. The main character doesn't have to vocalize every fucking thought that comes into their head.
>>
why do faggots expect a 2deep4u lore from a game that obviously concentrates on gameplay instead of the story
>>
>>322501228
have you seen gameplay videos? it looks pretty shitty/average
>>
>>322501512
didn't say it wasn't.. but clearly the footage shows how... "awesome" the gameplay is suppose to be, fighting giant robotic dinosaurs with bows and spears and shit
>>
>>322500732
A machine that functions on a level to be considered alive would most likely have advanced AI, which in turn would also most likely have advanced defense mechanisms and diagnostics systems that wouldn't have any need for the sensation of pain.
>>
>>322501716
yeah but what i was trying to say is that the lore/campaign has to be something interesting if they want the game to be any good, so far doesnt look like its going to be good.
>>
I'm pissed that you can't make your own character. That kills my interest in any of these types of games, especially with how boring this protag looks.
>>
Who gives a shit about the story it's an action game about hunting robo dinosaurs.
This is why we can't have fucking nice things these days.
>>
>>322501857
But your body is nothing more than an a machine with advanced AI, defense mechanisms and diagnostics yet it still needs to feel pain.
>>
>>322502390
I Agree with this a 100%
>>
>>322502807
imo the campaign matters as much as the gameplay
>>
>>322501087
>Also, that bitch needs to shut up. The main character doesn't have to vocalize every fucking thought that comes into their head.
this is what mainly says the game is going to be shit

It's literally just assassin's creed with a protagonist that doesn't shut the fuck up and you kill robot dinosaurs that don't even look cool.
>>
>>322503090
Fuck anyone who says "this" or "/thread" that add nothing to the thread
>>
I doubt they thought about a machine acting as if it was feeling pain and just added it because it looks cool, otherwise it would be killing robots that just turn off or explode or stop working.

Also why the fuck are the machines around? are they predating/eating each other? is there anything they are looking for/need to survive? or someone put them there to protect something?

looks interesting we'll see

gameplay still looks boring
>>
>>322503392
It's obviously the same fag anon.
>>
>>322505847
i agree with this 100%
>>
>>322501857
High level body function doesn't always mean intelligence, look at most of the animals on earth
>>
>>322505847
it wasn't. I made the original post and I promise I didn't samefag.
>>
>>322507221
Except it's retarded to think machines would ever evolve like animals.

It just makes no fucking sense, unless they were programmed that way on purpose...which also doesn't make sense.
>>
>>322508937
Organic life forms are just molecular machines faggot.
>>
>>322499869
>Guerilla Games

>"is it really going to be any good?"

No.
>>
>>322508937
Except that's exactly how AIs are programmed to evolve today; they mate, reproduce and occasionally mutate.
>>
>>322499869
Everything about this game screams mediocre. It still has that awful dithering and all the shit artifacts from the Shadowfall engine. I wish they could use Frostbite because I know their artist's would do justice with it. It's also already tailored for open world games. The writing and storytelling in this game is also going to be a complete shit show, you can just tell by how serious they're trying to take this. The combat seems competent but just a hidden third person shooter. Also no character creation is a major write down.

>>322501716
The gameplay isn't that awesome though. They're building of alt fire on a weapon that shoots different projectiles. The tactical part is limited to ammo types which they've shown are very limited. That already limits the scope of the encounters in the game. This game really reminds me of Borderlands but more condensed and focused.
>>
File: 1436406127130.jpg (13KB, 228x238px) Image search: [Google]
1436406127130.jpg
13KB, 228x238px
>>322499869
>how will the story make sense?
how can an italian plumber saving a pricess has sense?
how can a blue hedgeog runing like hell has sense?
it's fucking vidyagaems m8
>>
>>322510675
PCucks have cognitive dissonance when it comes to PS4 exclusives.
>>
File: 1320786218375.jpg (33KB, 680x584px) Image search: [Google]
1320786218375.jpg
33KB, 680x584px
>>322508937
>b-but muh programming

As another anon told, self-evolving programms already exist, so if you insert that in a machine which can reproduce itself by any means, you have life and evolution.

As for why and how, it's a sci fi game and it allows some liberties around science
>>
File: 1446685543183.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446685543183.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>Pess X to smash this big as mechasaurus with your bone bat

I was sold the second I saw big ass dingo walking around. I don't care if it's shit by normie standards. I saw all 4 transformers in cinema and was drooling all over the place.
>>
>>322511620
Shh, you're disturbing the dissonance.
>>
>>322503278
>don't even look cool.
>>
>>322511291
this pc cucks are hating on it
>>
>>322512245
yeah nah
dinobots are cool
these aren't cool
>>
Who cares it's a video game. All that matters is the fun ganeplay and cute Mai character. It looks good so far.
>>
>>322503278
How does this game compare to Assassins Creed in the slightest bit? Give me one example
>>
File: 1449092394811.gif (2MB, 708x955px) Image search: [Google]
1449092394811.gif
2MB, 708x955px
>>322512034
Oh sorry, might as well shitpost as the filthy sonygger I am then
>>
File: a-bomb-JC.png (258KB, 320x276px) Image search: [Google]
a-bomb-JC.png
258KB, 320x276px
>>322499869
It looks alright, i'm hoping for more good PS4 exclusives because i haven't really touched the PS4 apart from bloodborne and it's expansion

I just hope the main character constantly chatting to herself and commenting on everything that's happening was just something that was done exclusively for the presentation and is not in the game itself, but somehow i doubt it

Also
>Guerrilla Games
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.