[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 589
Thread images: 58

File: eg70gm.jpg (88KB, 568x617px) Image search: [Google]
eg70gm.jpg
88KB, 568x617px
Was he right?
>>
You're better off watching ANH again

Rey is a Mary Sue
>>
>>322433037
it was alright nothing amazing but worth a watch if you like star wars
vader is luke's father
>>
>>322433037
It was a good movie. Sure it's just a rehash of the OT, but it was still entertaining.

Finn was good
Rey was a shitty mary sue
Ren was ok
>>
>>322433185
Nah she is nowhere near Meetra Blackhole Surik level of mary sue
>>
>>322433342
>but it was still entertaining.

So were the Prequels, all for the wrong reasons of course.
>>
>>322433037
>yfw george lucas shat on the movie calling it a blatant rehash
>yfw he said he was sorry he had to sell the movie to black slavists
>yfw he was forced to apologize the day after
>>
>>322433037
> Kuckjima having any valid opinion of any story ever again
> I'm Vader and so are you
> Sheev was a good guy all along AI did it XD XD
fuck off
>>
That faggy guy who wrote American Ultra was 100% on point about Star Wars to be honest.
>>
File: AAAA.jpg (53KB, 402x780px) Image search: [Google]
AAAA.jpg
53KB, 402x780px
>>322433185
>this meme again
>>
>>322433037
its good but feels like a remake of the first movie.
pretend rey is luke but stronger because a girl.
>>
Kojima is a fucking drone for anything western. He praised Pacific Rim as some kind of fuckin godsend and look at how he thinks of Fury Road. Fucking cuck always covers his bases and praises any big budget piece of Hollywood shit in the vague hope he'll make it there some day.
>>
>>322433037

Rey was a fucking mary sue and can't wait to see her fuck up something for once

I went into the movie thinking Kylo Ren was some cool motherfucker and left the room thinking he was a whiny faggot. They handled it 10/10

Black boy should be fucking dead, or at least paralyzed and crippled. I mean, he got wrecked by Kylo Ren and got cut by a lightsaber right in the fucking spine.
>>
>>322433470
>Sheev was a good guy
Wait, what? I don't plan on wasting my time with this movie any time soon, is this an actual thing?
>>
>>322433037

The last person I'm going to listen to about the quality of a story is Kojima.
>>
>he
>>
>>322433567
We are currently living in a world where Max fuckin Landis and the Cuckington Post are voices of reason and RLM are sellout shills.
>>
>>322433621
Rey should have been cut from the movie entirely and Finn should have been the new force sensitive person.
>>
>>322433650
are you an idiot? hes just describing the plot of mgs5 with star wars characters
>>
>>322433939
How the fuck would I know that if I didn't play it?
>>
>>322433815
there's still a chance finn will be force sensitive
>>
It was ok in the sense that Star Wars has always been big dumb action driven movies. And even goof relative to the prequels by virtue of not having anything overly stupid offensive.

But yeah, when it comes to this type of thing Kojima is a braindead sycophant.
>>
>>322433727
I don't think RLM are shills, they just have shitty taste in regards to this film. Nobody is perfect.
>>
>>322433727
>RLM are sellout shills

howso?
>>
>>322433037
meh sorta. it was an alright movie. as long as it's entertaining and has at least somewhat likable characters it passes for a Star Wars flick.
>>
>>322433815
So you want the attractive chick gone & the stinky nigger to take her place?
>>
>>322434113
Yeah but it's suspicious, so much shit they accuse the Prequels of doing they turn a blind eye towards with TFA
>>
>>322433037
Mostly yes. There's some awful Abrams deja vu but it's a miracle it's the best thing he ever had a hand in and at least there looks to be some juicy stuff for Rian Johnson to work with.
>>
>>322433037
Kojima wouldnt know a good story if it fuckef his yellow ass and teabagged him afterwards.

Hence why all his games have shit stories and he got fired
>>
>>322434190
I want the mary sue gone and the well done character to be in
>>
File: 1451545901327.webm (772KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451545901327.webm
772KB, 1280x720px
>>322434190
>attractive
>>
File: hideo lucas.jpg (22KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
hideo lucas.jpg
22KB, 300x400px
>>322433037
>"I didn't go to video games school, I went to movies." - Hideo Kojima
>>
>>322434031
you wouldn't, so why are you in this thread if you havent seen star wars or dont play kojima's games? just here to shitpost?
>>
I like Rey
>>
>>322434382
oh it shows Hideo
>>
>>322433037
Kojima seems like a cool dude

There's nothing egregiously wrong with TFA. You would have to be an insecure contrarian to passionately shit on it.
>>
File: 1367272229493.jpg (861KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1367272229493.jpg
861KB, 1920x1080px
>>322433037
yes but
>coruscant btfo

no more of this gorgeous city/planet boys
>>
Rey's mary sueness is really frustrating since I enjoyed most of the other characters, especially Finn. I don't understand how they did a good job with everyone else but let Rey turn out the way she did.
>>
>>322434513
Hello Reddit
>>
Damn, no comment on punished-threepio?
>>
>>322433037

He's right in the same sense that someone asking "Does MGSV live up to the hype" might have some dumbass fanboy come in and say "DON'T WORRY JUST PLAY IT IT'S AMAZING"
>>
>>322434425
I liked her enough as a character, but her mary sueing towards the end definitely didn't help anything. I realize they'll explain it away with her being some amnesiac jedi apprentice from Luke's failed academy or something, but honestly that's still just some lazy ass writing.
>>
>>322434604
We've all seen it, what the fuck else do you want?
>>
>>322434382
>>322434458
You'd say that but MGSV had zero "muh movies" and 100% straight up gameplay.
>>
>>322434595
No you are Reddit. 4Chan is literally the only place that hates Rey. You faggots would probably have a threesome with Poe and Finn instead of a one nighter with Rey. Fucking homosexuals.
>>
File: just snoke my shit up.png (253KB, 381x436px) Image search: [Google]
just snoke my shit up.png
253KB, 381x436px
he must've been pleased vice commander Snoke looked like Skullface
>>
>>322434692
meant comment from Kojima
>>
>>322433037
>kojima
The guy with the worst taste in movies
>>
>>322433037
>I see ppl are worry
Why is Jap engrish the most cutest thing in the world?
>>
>>322434241

Was it Half in the Bag? You're not going to get much in-depth analysis from that show, it's mostly "initial impressions" of a film still in theaters. Meanwhile the Plinkett reviews were clearly based off of analysis and had access to movie footage to review.
>>
>>322434571
but that wasn't coruscant...
>>
Finn was great
Ren is pretty shit as a villain but that's not the angle they're going for. I'm actually interested to see how it turns out.
Rey was a mild mary sue but she has potential to get better in the sequels.
I really wouldn't be surprised if Han isn't actually dead. I wouldn't put money on it but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
>>
>>322433621
They'll fix his spine with space magic, just you watch. It'll be lukes hand all over again, like nothing was damaged in the first place
>>
File: 1441304743402.png (415KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1441304743402.png
415KB, 900x900px
>>322433586
>redditor getting triggered again
>>
>>322434190

haha epic he said nigger XD
>>
>>322434425
i'd like her more if she screwed up a few more things

shes too good at stuff and it just comes off as a bit much
>>
>>322434751
Spot the woman
All sort of reviews and articles have been emerging what about a piece of shit TFA is and how bad Rey is

http://www.wired.com/2016/01/geeks-guide-force-awakens/

>“I can tell you exactly who the movie is for. The movie is for a juvenile adult, somebody who’s loved Star Wars their whole life and is now a grown-up, hates the prequels, and wants a Star Wars that’s just for them. And it panders to that audience from start to finish. The moment that really resonated with me the most is a little bit before the mid-point, when Rey and Finn are connecting on the Falcon for the first time, and they’re going, ‘Han Solo the rebel general?’ ‘No, I mean Han Solo the badass smuggler!’ ‘Luke Skywalker? I thought he was just a legend, but oh man he was the coolest guy who maybe doesn’t exist in the whole galaxy!’ These are 20-something fans of Star Wars cast as the stars of Star Wars. It’s the most Mary Sue experience of that universe that I’ve ever seen—and that’s including many, many fan films that I’ve seen.”
>>
File: 1450728346401.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1450728346401.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>>322433615
>not liking Fury Road
>>
>>322433342
Fuck everyone who missuses mary sue. She is not a writer self-insert, ergo she is not a mary sue, no matter how much bullshit it was that she just randomly developed Jedi powers without a teacher in a part of the timeline where so little is known about Jedi that they are basically myths.

Which let's be frank, was complete bullshit. Still not a mary sue.
>>
File: movies.jpg (79KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
movies.jpg
79KB, 640x419px
>unironically listening to kojima
>>
it's absolutely retarded to have the bad guys get their shit fucked in the first part of the trilogy

the order should have been successful and the rebels should have been reduced to an even tinier force that would have to come back from the brink of extinction in the next movie

as it is there's barely going to be an enemy. I bet finn reverts back to his brainwashed state when he wakes up from his coma and he'll think he's a stormtrooper again and end up being the main villain.
>>
>>322433470

>> I'm Vader and so are you
kek
>>
>>322434159
They liked the movie, therefore they're shills.
>>
File: gonbegood.gif (2MB, 485x327px) Image search: [Google]
gonbegood.gif
2MB, 485x327px
>>322433037

I honestly thought the Hunger Games was a total Mary Sue fashion show, until I saw The Force Awakens.

Fuckin' a. Even Katnis loses once in a while, or fails to save friends. She is even saved by others. But Rey? Rey may as well have god mode turned on.

Maybe you guys liked it, but I have a hard time enjoying a film when I just can't buy the protagonist as believable or relatable. She also overacts in every scene; acting through her face like a year one drama student.
>>
>>322434949
I prefer jiggaboo. Poor form on the verbiage, but point was well made.
>>
>>322433037

This a an odd one but my immediate concern was how Ren was going to display a feat of force power not used already in the movies. I was impressed enough when I saw him freeze a laser blast. Other than that, Ren turned out exactly the kind of character I thought he would be, before watching.

I'm also glad they didn't sugar coat the storm troopers. In A New Hope, they slaughter folk if ordered to and they still do the same now. This also helped give fin a worthwhile introduction at the same time. you know a bit of his character before he even spoke and removes his helmet.

If feels even more apparent that Finns perspective is what the audiences is channeled through. At some moments, he just comes off as some random guy that was reported to the world of SW.

Rey was ok at first, but then started to irritate me, by the end.
>>
>>322435039

Didn't they blow up most of the Republic?
>>
>>322434949
Haha epic, he got triggered. So beautiful and strong.
>>
>>322433185
Rey has a few moments of near-Sue, but they're just to progress the plot.
Her picking up the force quickly makes sense as she was trained at a young age, and daughter to onw of the most powerful force users.
Beating Ren makes sense because he was already heavily wounded and emotionally unstable.

Being able to repair the Falcon and fly it like a pro is a bit silly, but that's for plot reasons.
>>
>>322435158
yes, but the rebels are perfectly safe and the order's main base with their huge fucking weapon was completely destroyed
>>
>>322435017
Mary Sue is like "literally", as in the meaning of Mary Sue has LITERALLY changed
>>
I'm no Star Wars fan, what's so hideously wrong with the prequels, again? I just rewatched them and I thought they were ok, except for some of the CGI and the lack of goofy vibes.
>>
>>322435038
Wow so Kojima likes cuckold movies
That explains a lot
>>
Daily reminder if Luke was like Rey in A New Hope.

*Luke is an expert survivalist living on his own in Tatooine. He isn't subservient to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. He loyally waits for a lost companion to return.

*Luke steals R2-D2 from a Tusken Raider on a Bantha who has captured R2-D2. The Tusken just watches and rides away.

*Luke can understand everything R2-D2 says. C-3PO is written out since he's not needed to translate.

*R2-D2 follows Luke around obediently instead of running away and generally just thinks Luke's awesome.

*Luke meets Obi-Wan and tells him he's just a nobody and didn't even know the Force was real. Obi-Wan hands Luke his father's saber and then disappears from the movie. No training required.

*Luke experiences a "vision" upon touching the saber for unexplained reasons. Magic lightsaber?

*Luke enters the Cantina and knocks down Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan with a stick when they threaten him.

*Luke finds the Falcon with only Chewie inside as TIE Fighters start bombing the area. He jumps in and flies it with some wild maneuvers through Beggar's Canyon while Chewie works the gun port. They destroy the TIEs and return to get Han.
>>
>>322434961
I do wonder how it is that Luke is a legend. He gets his ass kicked everytime it counts & needs to be bailed out.
>>
>>322433615
kind of like weebs on /v/ praising everything japenese

it's full circle.
>>
File: revenant bear.jpg (55KB, 634x372px) Image search: [Google]
revenant bear.jpg
55KB, 634x372px
>>322435038
>lists Star Wars
>doesn't even list The Revenant

maybe he does have shit taste
>>
>>322435340

*Chewie is injured while running from Stormtroopers to get to the Falcon and Luke takes over as co-pilot.

*Luke fixes the Falcon's malfunctions by himself before Han can figure out what to do.

*Han is so impressed with Luke that by the time they get to the remains of Alderaan, he offers Luke a permanent job.

*They sneak into the back door of the Death Star unnoticed and somehow instantly find Leia's cell.

*Luke uses the Jedi Mind Trick on the guards at Leia's cell to get inside. (First time the Jedi Mind Trick appears in the movie.)

*Leia says Luke is amazing, thanks him and won't stop talking about wanting to run away with him and devote herself to helping him. Luke is not interested and says he just wants to be friends.

*Han somehow instantly finds the head Stormtrooper Commander and says he'll kill him if he doesn't shut down the tractor beam. The Stormtrooper Commander complies and they throw him in the trash compactor.

*Darth Vader finds the heroes. Luke watches as Han Solo confronts Darth Vader and is killed.

*Luke attacks Darth Vader and holds his own. He drops his saber but he is able to Force grab it before Vader can. (First time Force grab is seen in the movie.) Vader offers to train Luke. Luke lands several blows on Vader and cuts off his hand while remaining unscathed and Vader collapses in a heap. But there is an explosion that ruptures the platform between them and Luke must join Leia, Chewie and R2 back on the Falcon.

*Meanwhile, Wedge leads a small squad to do a bombing run on the Death Star. He easily hits the target without facing much resistance or even thinking about it much and the Death Star blows up.

*Luke officially joins the Rebellion at the end of the movie and is instantly selected to pilot a ship on a vital mission they've been waiting years to do. Their best pilot who just blew up the Death Star, Wedge, is passed over.
>>
>>322435017
Mary sue means a character with no flaws first

It's only symptomatic of self-insert characters, not required
>>
>people don't realise that Force Awakens was the safe reboot
>they actually think the rest of the movies will be the same as this
They might not end up being good, but they won't play it as safe as this one. They needed to ease into the new trilogy, so they made a safely designed movie to appeal to most of the fanbase on a lower level so they feel a bit more comfortable knowing that the new trilogy isn't going to be prequel tier.
>>
File: I_AM_SO_SMART_S_M_R_T_SMART.jpg (74KB, 320x410px) Image search: [Google]
I_AM_SO_SMART_S_M_R_T_SMART.jpg
74KB, 320x410px
>this guy who keeps assuming everyone else is triggered
>>
Poe was a boss, as expected
Finn was surprisingly good
BB-8 was way better than having 3PO around as a token droid.

I can buy Rey being a decent fighter from a lifetime of fighting off mooks and Ren having a bowcaster bolt in his hip, and a saber slash on his shoulder, but knowing the Falcon better than Han and Chewie was too much, even for Star Wars

>>322435283
The abysmal script, weak attempts at fan service, and how poorly the plot was forced through.
>>
>>322435441
What a piece of shit movie. Goddamn it.
>>
>>322435460
Wrong, that's the "new" definition that came about from people misusing it over and over, like how literally now means figuratively, and how meme memes everymeme. Being an author insert was a vital requirement of the original term.
>>
>>322435154
I try to think of it as Fin being the main character. Movie's better that way imo; about a storm trooper disillusioned by the First Order and decides to join... the resistance?.. they fucked that part up but w/e, anyway so while trying to join the resistance he stumbles upon Rey and goes on wacky adventures throughout the galaxy.
>>
>>322435017
People use it for her because she's always good at everything

>Never shot a blaster before
>misses once then has no issue hitting far targets with a pistol
>Never flew a ship before
>suddenly can out fly multiple tie fighters
>never heard of or used the force before
>can block out Ren's best efforts
>Never held a lightsaber before
>Suddenly can beat Ren in a duel

The only flaw you could say she has is the whole "my parents sold me" but that was always played up to be a good thing
>>
File: Hideo-Kojima-and-JJ-Abrams.jpg (185KB, 1024x830px) Image search: [Google]
Hideo-Kojima-and-JJ-Abrams.jpg
185KB, 1024x830px
Can Kojima be trusted?
>>
>>322433037
Like kojimbo knows anything about great stories
>>
File: 1450181764780.jpg (301KB, 699x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1450181764780.jpg
301KB, 699x1211px
>>
>>322435240
>Her picking up the force quickly makes sense as she was trained at a young age,
[citation needed]

>and daughter to onw of the most powerful force users.
[citation needed]
>>
>>322435283
They're bad but I'm glad they exist because Darth and Droids is great.
But only for the prequel trilogy
>>
>>322435240
>quite literally my ass is the source
>>
>>322434356
this doesn't disprove anything.
one bad smile does not make her ugly, you desperate virgin wannabe cuck.
>>
>>322433404
I liked the movie and I liked Rey but dude, she learned to force grab a lightsaber, resist mind control and use the force on a Stormtrooper immediately without ever having prior training or knowledge.

I mean, at least Luke had Obiwan and Yoda help him. When he turned off his targeting computer and used the force to blow up the Death Star it was small, his first steps into a bigger world. Then in Empire he used the force to grab his lightsaber but only after presumably spending time after A New Hope training his mind a bit.

By the time he was using the force on peoples minds he had already had quite a bit of time to train with Yoda and by himself. Rey just does it all in one movie right away.

And she's a top notch pilot and knows everything about the Falcon and how to fix it right away. It's a bit too much.
>>
>>322435749
JJ wants to be a strong independent woman, so I think it still holds.
>>
>>322434241
At least TFA wasn't "hallway conversations and boring politics in a kids movie" the trilogy
>>
File: 1450688569941.jpg (427KB, 763x739px) Image search: [Google]
1450688569941.jpg
427KB, 763x739px
Kojima in charge of a TR-8R game please.
>>
>>322435804
Whi's the bigger the hack? The JEW or the JAP?
>>
>>322435791
>>Never shot a blaster before
Doesn't she own a blaster staff?
>never flew a ship before
The one actually dodgy thing she did
>never used the force before
She's Luke's son, she clearly has been trained in the past then forgotten it in her hiding
>never held a lightsaber before
It's a glowing stick. Stop letting the prequels trick you into thinking lightsabers are special
>beat Ren
Who was heavily wounded and mentally unstable after killing Han
>>
>>322435240
>Her picking up the force quickly makes sense as she was trained at a young age,
There is literally no proof of this, only speculation.

>and daughter to onw of the most powerful force users.

Luke? The guy who's the son of The Chosen One? The one that literally needed everyone to help him all through the trilogy? Even Darth Vader helped him slay Palpatine.
>>
>>322434571
That was Schmakku.
>>
>>322435905
>>322435874
You're pretending that Rey being Luke's daughter isn't 100% obvious.
Then next movie you'll go "What a shitty twist we already knew that"

Nice memeing, bros.
>>
It was all right, but I felt like Disney hampered many of the creative efforts, since this was literally the beginning of a franchise rebirth.

It was the little things that made Star Wars great, with all the little details about the universe coming in one after another, and they were effective enough to suspend your disbelief. Jawas are midget gypsies in hoods selling scrap metal from an anvil tank? Sure, why not?

But there's nothing really new in The Force Awakens. Desert planet, superweapon, Jedi force powers, X-wings, Stormtroopers, we've seen this all before, and what IS new isn't interesting.

Hopefully they will loosen the creative reigns a bit for the next few movies.
>>
File: 1121672594.jpg (36KB, 375x411px) Image search: [Google]
1121672594.jpg
36KB, 375x411px
>Rei finds and undergoes some weird bonding shit with Luke's lightsaber
>This artifact is likely the most force embued object in the galaxy
>It's been in the possession of both Obi-Wan and Luke, Jedi of universal importance
>Her force powers begin to manifest themselves after touching this amazing saber
>Defeats a wounded Kylo Ren likely because he has literally never faced another Jedi, much less one of the light side

>HOW COULD SHE GET SO STROOOOOONG I DON'T UNDERSTAND MARY SUE TRIGGERED KEKBALL NIGGERS

It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>the force acuckens
>great story

This explains so, SO much about the Metal Gear Solid games.
>>
>>322436117
May be obvious bet still yet to be confirmed.
>>
>>322434356
>>322435916
That pic was suppose to prove anything? Bitch has a nice set of teeth. I guess Brits would find that ugly, seeing that a even set of teeth is a foreign to them.
>>
>>322436117
Hopefully Rey & Luke have unprotected sexual intercourse to throw everyone off.
>>
>>322435953

I don't know why don't swap this guy with Captain Phasma. It would at least allow her to do something.
>>
>>322436167
No, it's just a shitty movie.
>>
It was a good movie. Not great, just good.
Looking forward to the rest to see where they go under different directors.
>>
File: 1316925616457.jpg (28KB, 616x569px) Image search: [Google]
1316925616457.jpg
28KB, 616x569px
>>322435436
The Revenant hasn't even premiered in the West let alone Japan, anon.
>>
>>322434356
Her smile looks like a racist 40s impression of a Chinaman with the squinty eyes and teeth
>>
>>322436167
>never faced another Jedi
He literally (literally) killed a bunch to start all this dumb shit
>>
>>322436008
Is it a blaster staff? I don't remember if she ever shot someone with it.

The way she talked to Han and initially handled the pistol given to her makes me think she had no idea what she's doing with it.
>>
>>322433037

Has Kojima ever shilled before??
>>
>>322435791
And it's fine to be derogatory to that sort of "always good at everything" character, but she isn't author wish fulfillment, so she isn't a mary sue.
>>
>>322435539
They can get away with that shit with ANH, but Empire is a different beast. If they try aping that, it's over for them.
>>
>>322435318
Getting flash backs I see.
>>
>>322435436

>Leo "If I scream people will take me seriously" Dicaprio
>good

kek
>>
File: awakens.jpg (61KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
awakens.jpg
61KB, 640x347px
the movie should have revolved around the pilot and finn. they were the only good thing about this movie
>>
>>322436167
the only part that was absolute horseshit was hed magically using force persuasion having never seen it before
>>
File: 0YDxr.png (218KB, 467x340px) Image search: [Google]
0YDxr.png
218KB, 467x340px
>>322435936
>When he turned off his targeting computer and used the force to blow up the Death Star it was small
>BLOW UP THE DEATH STAR
>IT WAS SMALL
>she learned to force grab a lightsaber
Jabba the Hut and fucking Watto could also resist mind control. I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say they haven't had much in the way of Jedi training, either.
>>
>>322433037
I thought it was a blaster staff. Maybe I just made that up in my head.
>>
>>322436167
>Never faced another jedi
He was trained under luke and killed every other apprentice who was also training with him. He's fought plenty of jedi jedi
>>
>>322436356
Didn't he btfo of Luke too?
>yfw Rey trains Luke in the force.
>>
What's wrong? Even RLM loves it.
>>
Watched for the second time with my brother and I enjoyed a bit more

Rey using the force the way she did is bullshit. Yea its obvious she was a padawain of lukes, but regardless of weather she is lukes daughter or not she should be able to use the force like that. she stopped training when she was like what, 6? then she can out mind play someone that has trained for years on end. Yea na thats fucking bullshit. Also that Maz Kanata having lukes saber but then saying " Lol how i got it is a story another sequal youl have to watch xdxdxd" is even worse

Apart from that its pretty solid
>>
>>322436356
He killed a bunch of apprentices who weren't even done with their training... that's not the same as veteran jedi with combat experience.
>>
>>322436343
It premiered on Christmas. I guess maybe it didn't in Japan though.
>>
>>322433037
He should be ashamed of his words and deeds
>>
>>322436214
I didn't say she had bad teeth, all i said is that the smile was a bit much. she can smile well, ive seen it. That particular one was just not good.
>>
>>322436356
jedis are trained as super young kids, you think the ones he killed (if he even did, they never say he killed any) would be even close to adult levels of fighting?
>>
>>322436550
>>BLOW UP THE DEATH STAR
>>IT WAS SMALL
The result was big but the act itself was small. He was already a good shot.
>Jabba the Hut and fucking Watto could also resist mind control
Nothing to do with force powers, they just have strong minds.
>>
>>322436550
I meant the act of using the force was small dumby. It was a big deal but a small step forward.
>>
The new movie is pretty awful for a Star Wars movie. Looks like one, but certainly doesn't feel like one, even with all the cameos that are actually integral to the fabric of its story.
>>
>>322436545
I audibly cringed throughout that entire scene.
>>
>>322436119
yeah the movie suffers from being way too safe. It doesn't try to do anything new, because they're afraid that if they fuck up the first movie of the new trilogy (in true phantom menace fashion) they'll lose their hardcore audience for the 8th and 9th movie, two productions disney is putting tons of money on.

I'm hoping that the 9th movie will really pull out something new and original and cool. I feel like the 7th is just Abrams saying "Hey, I watched star wars, too!", and the 8th is just gonna be filler while all the production goes into the 9th.
>>
>>322435340
Luke is stuck at home.
Luke gets knocked out by a Tusken Raider.
Luke only leaves home after his family is killed and Obi-Wan convinces him to go with him, he can't save his family.
Luke stammers at the guards and Obi-Wan demonstrates force suggestion.
Luke starts a fight inadvertently and is saved by Obi-Wan
Luke does his first accomplishment in the movie, and AFTER getting blasted by a training dummy, deflects one shot.
Luke gets roared at by Chewie and Han has to handcuff him.
Luke gets called a manlet.
Luke gets strangled by creature in waste.
Luke does his second accomplishment (after blowing up the bridge controls which fucks their progress up) and he swings across a gap after a kiss from his sister.
Luke can't save Obi-Wan, watches him die.
Luke does his third accomplishment, shoots a Tie Fighter, gets told not to be so arrogant.
Luke then sees his friends die around him in some numbers before he reaches his penultimate climax in A New Hope, using the small amount of training Obi-Wan gave him and reaching out with his feelings to shoot an exhaust port that he said was very possible and not much smaller than Womp Rats.

Luke gets his ass kicked up and down the first movie, right up onto the Death Star.

Rey's only shortcomings are caused by other people. She gets out of everything by herself and has ludicrous control over the force.

What the film lacked was an Obi-Wan really.

Maybe Max Von Sidow should have been an accompanying character.
>>
>black guy nowhere on the cover on any of the japanese promo material
they fucking know
>>
>>322434241
It's almost like the show where they do initial reactions is structured and delivered differently from the show where they do hours and hours of planning, analizing, and prep work
>>
>>322436639
As far as we know, Rey is not a veteran jedi. It's probably going to be some big "twist" that she's Luke's daughter and was his apprentice, but there's no truth to that yet
>>
>>322436550
Some species have the natural ability to resist Jedi mind tricks.
>>
>>322436639
>rei
>veteran jedi with combat experience
>>
>>322436750
>Luke gets called a manlet.
Truly the greatest character flaw
>>
>>322435953
>Kojima and Platinum Games presents: Star Wars Rising: Retribugence
>>
>>322436782
WHERE IS HIS NOSE
>>
>>322434159
Any video where they aren't just shitting on everything is something jew something something shill.
>>
>>322436545
I think Jedi mind tricks are probably the most widely believed of the Jedi 'myths'
>>
>>322436192

Pretty sure Kylo calls her cousin in the disney infinity game or whatever.
>>
>>322436782
He's at the top right anon. you can see the lightsaber up there.
>>
>>322436883
The point is, he's flawed.
>>
>>322436892
>his
I see a clear line indicating ones nose anon. Stop being blind
>>
>>322436904
Actually that was discredited. He says "curses!"
>>
>>322435791
>never flew the ship before
do you even watch the movie?
the ship that got blew up is hers
>>
Japanese people fucking LOVE star wars.

The Revenant is the best film of the year. Shame it had to come out around the same time.
>>
>>322436545
really?
i thought the part that was overly retarded that didn't even need to be in the movie was the cgi octopus or whatever the fuck it was
>>
>>322436117
Even if she is his daughter, which there is zero proof of at this point besides the fact Hollywood writing is so shit it's expected, how do you know she was trained at a young age?

You're pulling that straight out of your asshole.
>>
>Rebels know about the Death Star before it's first firing
>Resistance is completely in the dark about Death Star 64 until it wipes out the entire friggin Republic.
>>
File: TFA-cross-sections-cover.jpg (864KB, 1519x838px) Image search: [Google]
TFA-cross-sections-cover.jpg
864KB, 1519x838px
So when is he going to make a Star Wars game?
>>
>>322436737
>doesn't feel like a good star wars

just remember you're saying this when half of the main star wars movies are prequels
>>
>>322436550

>Luke uses the force
>Gives Luke good accuracy

>Rey uses the force
>She instantly learns mind-control and learns how to use a lightsaber better than a fucking sith lord without any training

Fuck you
>>
>>322436929
I don't know. When they had him on the estrogen for the Star Wars Holiday Special he was looking pretty fuckable.
>>
How many movies until Anakin, Obi-wan and Yoda show up?
>>
>>322437001

Fuck that.

Only a trained jedi is supposed to know about force persuasion. Unless she's like, super jesus jedi times a thousand that scene should not have happened.
>>
>>322437102
That was just 70's plus he had to have wacky hair to hide his car accident scars.
>>
>>322436812
>>322436867
I think you guys misunderstood, I was arguing that Kylo Ren being beaten by Rei isn't that MARY SUE triggering because Kylo Ren doesn't really know how to fight with a lightsaber, the guy I was quoting said that Kylo Ren did have lightsaber experience by killing all the jedi apprentices. But my point is, those apprentices he killed who knows how many years ago were novices and whatever skills he has now are rusty enough to get beaten by someone more intune with the force and not wounded by wookie gunfire
>>
>>322436990
Revenant was great but it had its own problems, I doubt it will win a bunch of awards. That cinematography was goddamned beautiful though, it definitely deserves an award in that category.
>>
File: 1451717271949.jpg (44KB, 281x310px) Image search: [Google]
1451717271949.jpg
44KB, 281x310px
>>322437093
>kylo
>sith lord
>sith at all
>>
>>322436835
How convenient for plot purposes.
>>
>>322436867
she seemed to handle herself fine with just a staff vs 2 people, picking up a lightsaber seems reasonable against a wounded/sandbagging opponent
plus she's obviously being guided by a very strong force presence
>>
>>322435992
Kojima's track record is one game that failed to live up to the hype mixed with Konami fuckery. Meanwhile JJ is the one who makes hollow shit like The Star Trek movies & now Star Wars all because & is this new Joss Whedon because LOST. I'd say the Jew is the hack here.
>>
>>322437126
I was wondering about that. You think they'll get Hayden and Ewyn to play them since they are force ghosts?
>>
>>322437093
>sith lord
>not called Darth

Guess again
>>
>>322437093
>sith lord
I feel like you haven't watched the movie at all and are just basing your arguments on things you heard from /tv/
>>
The dumbest parts of the movie

>Rey knowing the Falcon better than both Han and Chewbacca
>"Captain Phasma, we want you to lower the shield protecting the most powerful weapon in the galaxy and the main base of the First Order" ..... "Okay but you won't get away with this"
>"How did I get Anakin Skywalker's Lightsaber? Maybe I'll tell you later :^)"
>R2 is hibernating and he'll probably never woke up, oh wait he just did for no reason and has the map we need?
>We're bombing the surface of a heavily armored building, better bring only X-Wing fighters instead of actual bombers like Y-Wings
>Supermegadeathlaser travels through hyperspace and can split out to seek targeted planets that are millions of miles apart
>>
>>322437007
>how do you know she was trained at a young age?
Because it's damn near stated as fact?
Put the fucking pieces together, retard. Does everything have to be waved in front of your face? She's a jedi, son of THE JEDI MASTER OF THE FUCKING GALAXY, and you think she never received any training at all? You think he stuck her on Jakku for fun, and not to hide her from Ren?
>>
>>322436502
>unironically shitting on Dicaprio

your edge won't get you any oscars either, anon
>>
>>322433456
why would anyone value Lucas' opinion? this is the guy who used CG for every single clone in the clone wars.
>>
>>322436167
You're right I forgot about all the other magic lightsabers in the last 6 movies

Oh wait it's just a fucking glowing samurai sword, not a Harry Potter wand.
>>
>>322437126
Anakin won't, no prequel references allowed.

Maybe in name only, otherwise only Darth Vader will show up as a clone or some stupid shit.

Yoda seems unlikely, as does Obi-wan because Alec Guiness is dead and nobody wants to see Ewan Macgregor.
>>
>people criticize Rey for having no formal force training but being able to fight back against a crippled, just-traumatized, half-trained emo Babby who did not even intend to kill her but rather convert her

>Luke literally guides an explosive missile (far stronger than any blaster laser) into the Death Star's asplosion tube without a targeting computer cause a literal obi ghost said to "use the force"
>he also was able to defend himself against lasers with a lightsaber literally instantly after obi wan just says "nah man just close your eyes and FEEL IT"

I don't believe Rey deserves to be unbeatable Mary Sue either but I believe she's gonna get her shit kicked in next movie. The circumstances were just literally all in her favor this time around. Just give it another year and a half.
>>
File: want-image-4.jpg (172KB, 656x434px) Image search: [Google]
want-image-4.jpg
172KB, 656x434px
>>322434356
>>
>>322437143
I just wish I could of check her panties for moisture while she did the force persuasion deal. See if she's into femdom for some kinky fun.
>>
>>322436550
>Jabba the Hut and fucking Watto could also resist mind control.
That had nothing to do with the force.
>>
>>322437093
to be fair a fucking nigger stormtrooper, probably the single worst soldier ever devised in media, was able to mostly hold his own with kylo
it isn't that surprising she beats his ass
>>
>>322436009
>There is literally no proof of this, only speculation.

There's enough evidence in the movie to infer it.

If you need solid dialogue to confirm it, wait until the next movie instead of complaining about unanswered questions in a trilogy.
>>
>>322437143
Even Anakin fucking Skywalker, who is literally Force Jesus, needed extensive training and still couldn't beat a super old faggy sith lord without getting his arm chopped off despite it being 2v1
>>
>>322434595
hahahahah not a /v/irgin neckbeard that shits on decent films because they're popular, therefore "reddit"

why don't you just go and hang yourself now
>>
>>322437304
>the rest of the map was in the Empire's archives, and the First Order has it
>...but R2D2 has it too, I guess, because... he's R2D2.
>>
>>322437164
Rei also didn't have light saber experience.
>>
>>322436897
brah, it would have been more believable to flip a switch or press a fucking button with the force rather then to start force persuading people out of nowhere, especially since she just found out the force was a thing. overall I gotta say, for being the "main" character, shes pretty fucking bland.
>>
>>322437093
To be fair, calling him a sith lord is kind of an insult to sith lords. He was a barely trained, incompetent, literal Darth Vader wannabe, and he was already severely injured when they fought. He's practically the Raditz of sith lords.
>>
>>322437448
Like I said, she's more in tune with the force naturally, didn't just kill her dad, didn't get shot by a wookie, and didn't just fight off Finn. Kylo had a lot of shit go wrong for him.
>>
>>322437358
this 2bh
>>
Its better than episode 2 and 1, thats about it.
>>
>>322437445
>wait a minute that map
>>
>>322434829

I'm fairly certain he's dead. Ford has been trying to kill him off since Empire and his death was likely part of his contract.
>>
>>322433037
>>322433185
Finn is good for the first twenty minutes of the movie and then he turns into Kevin Hart.
Rey is such a Mary Sue that even friends and co-workers who barely use the internet are going "Gee, she did everything in one movie it took Luke three movies to do."
Poe Dameron is barely in the film.
There's a scene where they run away from shitty early-2000s era CGI that exists just so the "Han Shot First" folks can show that Han is a callous asshole loser who doesn't care about his crew.
Luke is only in the film for ten seconds.
>>
>>322437448
But Kylo Ren was heavily wounded, and already shown to be emotionally unstable, and literally just killed his own dad in cold blood. He was a mess during the fight. On a good day he'd wipe the floor with her.
>>
>>322437358
Ben's voice from beyond indicated that Ben was helping Luke guide the proton torpedoes.

Droids are very predictable in their shot patterns, watch the training scene again. Luke only needed to know a few key areas to defend, he was basically playing Bop It.
>>
Rey has no arc.

She starts off badass and ends badass. Only other people cause her to fuck up.

She's boring. Who cares what you call it or whatever fucking trope exists for it.

She's just boring.

Poe and Finn are alright, more so Poe. I'm glad Harrison Ford got his wish before he died in real life. Carrie Fisher does what she has to. I like Mark, I want to see how he goes in the next film. Him and Poe's actor are the only people I care about.

Kylo Ren is Anakin 2.0, well not that bad but close. I think the character concept was good but the direction around him seems pretty bad. I don't think it was the actor although it could have been. I think better takes should have been obtained to make him seem less like he's 17 years old.
>>
Worst part of the entire film is Rey understanding Wookie or whatever their fucking language is.
>>
File: areuokayani.png (542KB, 621x408px) Image search: [Google]
areuokayani.png
542KB, 621x408px
Anakin spouted some teen angst sermon that would make Sasuke blush & been shitted on for it for over a decade. Meanwhile Kylo Burch does the same thing + throws childish temper tantrums with his lightsaber & he's praised as the deepest villain in cinematic history.
>>
>>322437308
You can get as huffy as you want, faggot. Until you can cite some actual textual evidence from the script and not just assumptions you're just spouting head cannon.
>>
File: 2chicken.jpg (18KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
2chicken.jpg
18KB, 460x276px
Man, the force awakens sucks dick

see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbFKuEY5jk
>>
>>322437308
>Because it's damn near stated as fact?
No it isn't. There's not a single indication that she was trained.
>>
>>322437358
Well if they follow the formula as closely as 4 and 7 did, it'll be the First Order smacking everyone's shit to set up the big comeback in 9.

>>322437404
Dooku was rivaled only by Yoda and Sam. Ren is literally just an angsty Vader wannabe who had also been shot and slashed by Chewie and Finn.
>>
>>322436015
>planet that got destroyed was called Schmakku
>Rey's planet is called Jakku

>planet that almost got destroyed was called Dantooine
>Luke's planet was called Tatooine

I'm not sure if it was intentional but that's pretty neat.
>>
>>322437308
>assume all this shit and it makes sense
Good to know, quality film-making JJ.
>>
>>322436750
I was convined that when max von sidow was announced to be in star wars that he would be the ghost of obi wan kenobi. Then he turns out to be some random old guy that dies in the first scene. What a let down
>>
>>322436008
>She's Luke's son
Wat
>>
>>322437504
I'm not arguing that she's bland, I'm just pointing out that people are intentionally ignoring things and pretending to be retarded so they can find more flaws in this movie.
It's not a great movie, it didn't blow me away. It did what it had to do, it brought Star Wars back into the public eye and got people ready and comfortable for some new movies.

It baffles me that people are actually saying this is worse than the prequels. I know /tv/ likes to shitpost about every new movie, but that's got to be some sort of cinematic sin to say the prequels were good movies.
>>
File: 1427164976836.png (332KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
1427164976836.png
332KB, 596x628px
>>322437586
Fucking hell /v/
>>
>>322435936
Keep in mind that when she force grabbed her lightsaber she was pretty high up there emotionally. If anything that was let her do what she did, the pure rush of it all.
She's also the daughter of Luke, without question. It would go without saying that she picked up on piloting and such from him, as he was a top notch pilot back in the original trilogy, and Anakin before him.
>>
>>322437308
last i checked jedi aren't allowed to have kids.
i find it more likely that shes han solo and leia's kid
>>
>>322437687
Anakin is meant to be taken seriously, Ren's meant to be a joke and you can tell that by how the rest of the crew treat him.
>>
>>322437719
lol
>>
>>322437404
in an age where jedi were not only plentiful but apparently all over the place. Who does Kylo Ren have to practice against? He's shit and sloppy, end of story.
>>
>>322437586
he hacked the death star in the original tho.
So he would have the map.
>>
>>322437687
I think the difference was that Anakin acted like he didn't want to fall to the Dark Side while Kylo Ben is all gung ho for it and wants it badly.

Anakin was a whiney bitch but Kylo Ren is a vicious little shit you love to hate, especially after the whole Han thing.
>>
>>322437448

Never mind that shit.

Finn literally has no ability in the force and he handled that lightsaber like he knew what the fuck he was doing.
>>
>>322437805
Yoda never told Luke about any of the old retarded Jedi rules. You can bet he went and fucked every chick in the rebellion. There's probably dozens of Reys out there.
>>
>>322437767
xhe can identify as whatever they feel like, son or daughter, fuck off shitlord.
>>
File: 1438812128626.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438812128626.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
> Ren gets shot by Chewbacca's Heavy crossbow gun which is like the equivalent of a modern day .50 Cal sniper if not more powerful
> He survives
> Barely managed to fight against both main characters while also trying to suppress his wound
> Rey is legit a Mary Sue
> People are still calling Kylo a little bitch because he lost
>>
>>322433037
It is a good movie, better than the prequels.

It's not worth all the hype thou. Just see it for the dogfights, pretty FX, the Riot Trooper and overall SW nostalgia.
>>
>>322437910
He got his ass kicked every time he used it. Openly said he hated using the thing
>>
>>322437392
>If you need solid dialogue to confirm it, wait until the next movie instead of complaining about unanswered questions in a trilogy.

JJ kinda left the next guy no fucking room for anything else but the Revan approach.
>>
>>322437596
Actually, that ship scene has nothing to do with "Han Shot First" folks, and everything to do with "Remember these movies that had Harrison Ford in them?" Nearly everything in that entire scene was a reference to other movies containing Harrison Ford.

For example, the CGI vaginaballs were a reference to the Raiders of the Lost Ark boulder scene.
>>
>>322437937
>yfw Yoda's force ghost yelling at Luke while he's banging Rey's mother
>>
>>322437910
>still thinking Finn isn't force sensitive.

Why do you think he breaks the brainwashing.
>>
>>322438000
>better than the prequels

What a waste of trips. Kill self asap
>>
>>322437987
He's a little bitch because he throws tantrums.
>>
>>322433037
Did they edit the nigga from this image?
>>
>>322437987

It's pretty obvious that they're trying to mirror the OT.

Next one is Empire Strikes Back. Mark my goddamn words.
>>
>>322437937
Because those rules didn't exist and are retarded. George Lucas went senile and ruined shit with all that and midicloreans.

We're back to magic baby!
>>
I like how /v/ has more structured, sensible discourse about the damn movie than /tv/. People here are expressing their critiques in concise, articulated ways and some anons are disputing said critics in a rational manner. The end result is that some leave this thread with a better understanding of the strengths and flaws of the piece itself.

/v/ can talk about anything that's not videogames.
>>
>>322437910
Not really, he gets his ass handed to him by TR8-TR and the only time he kills someone with it he straight up shanks them
>>
>>322435039
Finn was never brainwashed.
>>
>>322436167

You dont know anything about Star Wars right?
>>
>>322438107
It isn't in pretty much any of the jap promotional stuff they hate black people over there for some reason
>>
>>322437851
>Anakin is meant to be taken seriously
Lol, only in the mind of George Lucas.

Also they played up Ren's silliness too much.

He's literally the Jar Jar of Force Awakens, but you're also supposed to fear him as the big baddy...

>Phasma
Nah, don't use her at all.

>Aryan Von Order Commander
Throwaway side-character, worse than Tarkin

>Grand Force Choke Snoke
Andy Serkis, warm up for a few minutes and say some vague spooky shit.

No good villains in this film.

Remember Darth Vader? Kylo does, he has better taste than the people who defend him as a character.
>>
>>322437904
>especially after the whole Han thing.

Harrison Ford about cracked a smile at his own death considering he's bitched & moaned all throughout the trilogy. That fucker wanted out.
>>
>>322437987
>Ren immediately knocks her out with the force to begin with.
>After knocking Finn out, he doesn't use the force on Rey again for the remainder of the fight.
>He doesn't even try to force choke her or force push her, even though that was how he beat her in every encounter across the movie.
Rey has plot armor, plain and simple. If Ren was using all of the means at his disposal, she would have been unconscious again, if not dead.
>>
>All these samefagging shills
Go back to /tv/, landwhales.
>>
>>322437052
>shitty prequels means we have to accept garbage forever
>>
>>322438107
Black dude isn't on a lot of promotional material in Japan.
>>
>>322438153
I did kind of like them showing the Jedi as foolish old fussybodies. Made the morals slightly more amiguous.

Although it was most definitely an accident.
>>
>>322438090
he also hears the screams when the starkiller base is blasting those planets, like when obi wan heard them when they blew up alderaan.
>>
>ewww I never want to touch that lightsaber again

>hey guys I overcame my fear immediately I never look weak.
>>
>>322438190
He was raised in the First Order from childhood and "conditioned" as they call it in the movie.

Phasma even says he had no prior record acting out.

But he's young and it was his first mission. Maybe his heart was never in it. I understand that.
>>
>>322437910
Finn uses it how he should.

Rey uses it in no way like how she should.

>>322438119
There is no way a follow-up to Force Awakens could be as good as Empire.

Empire will always be the best Star Wars film.
>>
>>322437358
>Luke literally guides an explosive missile (far stronger than any blaster laser) into the Death Star's asplosion tube without a targeting computer cause a literal obi ghost said to "use the force"

After infiltrating the most heavily fortified battle station in the Empire, mowing down squads of trained soldiers the first time he's touched a blaster, and then shooting down elite fighter pilots in a gunner seat without so much as even verbal instruction.

After destroying this station after the best Rebel pilots missed without his severe handicap, he proceeds to down an AT-AT walker alone with a grappling hook, lightsaber, and grenades like he's fucking space MacGyver.

I guess Obi-Wan telling him to "trust his feelings" for a minute or two on a couch was sufficient training to achieve all of this.

The Force is about drawing from a mystical energy source through spirituality and emotion, not getting trained at glowstick academy by Yoda with 20 other toddlers standing two feet from you.

People who are expecting these abilities to come only from years of training have been ruined by the prequels.
>>
>>322433621
At least 90% of Rey's Mary-Sue-ness makes sense, she had to fight for herself her entire life as a scavver, instead of being raised on a comparatively cushy farm like Luke. Only thing that was truly bullshit was the mind trick.
I'm glad Kylo isn't just a Darth Vader clone, he's supposed to be young and rash and edgy, fuck the haters calling him a whiny bitch.
Fin was only grazed in the back by the saber. Even if his spine was fucked up, the Republic probably would be able to fix it up.
Movie was unfortunately a plot rehash but it's better than the prequels. Pissed that they blew up the Starkiller base; merely disabling the thing would've been far more realistic.
>>
File: 1422356072032.gif (1006KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
1422356072032.gif
1006KB, 300x254px
>>322436117
>Implying she isnt Palpatines granddaughter.
>>
>>322438180

While we're on that subject, what the fuck were they even doing with the Captain Phasma character?

That generic storm trooper did more than that useless piece of silver.
>>
>>322438221
>>322438287
Thats fucking great. Imagine if they censored the handholding and kiss scenes too.
>>
video games
>>
>>322438176
shhhhhhh don't jinx it, you know how rare a good /v/ thread is?
>>
>>322437687
I have a theory as to why the prequels get a disproportionate amount of shit.

Remember that Lucas always envisioned Star Wars as a throwback to the old 30s/40s Flash Gordon TV serials. That's why he uses the camera wipe effects, the cornball dialogue and the cheesy alien animals. Back in '77, a lot of people still remembered those old shows and appreciated Star Wars for being a throwback. Also at the time cinema was at a different level - we hadn't quite hit the era of super-serious action movies of the 80s and 90s.

Now when the prequels came out, it was the Matrix and Bourne generation. Movies weren't supposed to be cheesy anymore, they're supposed to be srs business. Action scenes should be up-close and "visceral", not broadly framed. The generation that rocketed him to success had moved on to flashier cinema expectations.

That's why people are jizzing over TFA, because the pacing and cinematography are very MCU-like.
>>
>>322438410
Ren is like a bastardized mix between Anakin when he was whiny and Darth Vader.
>>
>>322438410
The mind trick and being the smartest mechanic in the galaxy.
>>
>>322438434
Sheevrey
>>
>>322438335
He was put in sanitation, and wasn't that his first mission?

They made the Janitor go shoot a bunch of helpless people
>>
Movie needed more Finn/Poe bromance desu. They seemed like instant best bros and there was barely any of them together.
>>
File: 4w4hhhj.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4w4hhhj.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
The issue is that everyone is giving this movie a pass because there are two more sequels on the way.

Yet any other film that tries to pull this cliffhanger 'see ya next time' bullshit gets shit on by viewers.

The Force Awakens didn't have a story. It was merely Point A to B to C to D to Luke and roll credits. No character development. No character arcs. Nothing resolved. Just a bunch of new unanswered questions. It's LOST all over again; JJ just thinks of plot devices, but never knows how to resolve anything. But hey, we have a strong female lead who don't need no man!

Rey has no weaknesses, Fin fails and has to be rescued constantly, Poe is missing from half the film and gets ZERO character development.

At the beginning Poe is a cocky ace pilot. At the end Poe is a cocky ace pilot.

At the beginning Rey is a fiesty girl. At the end Rey is a fiesty girl.

The only thing that changes is the plot device. Plans to Luke. Saber from Luke. Falcon from Solo. It's all a bunch of fucking maguffins.

None of these characters feel real. The only good thing about this shlock-fest cash-grab was that they finally got rid of the dumbass, wire-fighting lightsaber acrobatics.

The editing in this film is uninspired; the soundtrack is possibly Williams' worst to date; and Luke doesn't say a fucking word and he's used as a goddamn maguffin as well!

Fuck this movie. Fuck battlefront. Time to move on and find a new space opera.
>>
>>322435804
Kojima makes original content(yes I know it's inspired by tons of other shit, but the final product still an original IP)

JarJar Abrams only makes successful movies on pre-existing successful IPs. He's the hack.
>>
>>322438437
WHY DID LADY TROOPER LOWER THE SHIELDS
SHE IS THE TRUE TRAITOR
>>
>>322438410
>better than the prequels
There was no way it wouldn't be. Not a legitimate strength of the film. It's a weak defense.
>>
>>322438449

I was levelling my barb on diablo 3 and then /tv/ invaded.

What?
>>
>>322438475
>cinematography are very MCU-like.
they had the quips down.
>>
>>322437987
Watched the movie twice to realize he could've killed them both if he wasn't shot by the pissed off Chewie.

Everyone focuses so hard on his Snape-like face and spoiled attitude that they don't comprehend how good he actually is
>>
>>322438546
I think what is is was that he was young and inexperienced so while he was in training to put him on cleaning duty since he wasn't very valuable as a soldier at the time. He probably worked on the Star Killer base for a couple of years during his training.
>>
>>322438237
>your suppose to fear Ren but his not even scary.
are you retarded or something nigger? thats the whole fucking point of his character, he literally knows his not as intimidating as darth vader and tries to make himself as such. how can someone be this retarded. also with phasma, so? all fucking boba did was literally stand around for 3 movies and fell into a pit but i bet your faggot ass adores him. not only that but they literally said these characters will have have a bigger impact in the next to films. literally kill yourself because nobody can save you from hiw retarded you are.
>>
>>322438475
My only gripe with the prequels was they looked too clean, part of the reason I liked the OT was the worn look.

>That's why people are jizzing over TFA, because the pacing and cinematography are very MCU-like.
This is why I dislike TFA too. The dialogue is also straight from Marvel.
>>
>>322438434
Remember the scene with the lightsaber?
"This weapon was passed from Luke's father to Luke, and now it'll be pas- (get's interrupted by retarded angst runaway scene)"

That was less foreshadowing for her being Luke's daughter and more foresledgehammering.
>>
>>322438437
Captain "oh you managed to sneak up on me and I turned the force field off with no stuggle"
Seriously, what a useless character. They managed to make no memorable characters except the Rey, the infamous Mary Sue.
>>
>>322438653
>playing d3 when grim dawn exists
>playing d3 when PoE exists
>playing d3 when figuratively anything else is better
why
>>
first order were white men
kylo ren was goobergate
rey were brave feminist women
fin was the POCs standing in solidarity with feminists
>>
>>322438692
>>322438801

God I hated that. It was like they had a fucking Quip Quota. The "do I talk first" shit at the beginning was so bad nobody in my normie central theater (I was there on opening night) laughed. It was so out of place I actually was shocked that they were trying to joke during the scene.
>>
>>322438710
He had an opportunity to kill them both.
He could have executed Rey and killed Finn while Finn was sitting over her unconscious body.
He clearly didn't want them dead, or at the least he wanted Rey alive.
>>
File: 1367772475860.png (98KB, 219x305px) Image search: [Google]
1367772475860.png
98KB, 219x305px
>The black guy is missing from the poster
Everytime
>>
>>322438809
She said, "That was Lukes lightsaber and his father before him... and now it's come to you."

Same thing though.
>>
File: 1433723361388.jpg (180KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1433723361388.jpg
180KB, 517x768px
>>322438383
Patrician tier taste
>>
File: 145179871395965.jpg (119KB, 568x617px) Image search: [Google]
145179871395965.jpg
119KB, 568x617px
>>
>>322438837
>first order were white men
They're all evil British fucks, too. It's lame and cliche
>>
File: 1450456527493.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450456527493.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>322438562
>mfw seeing the new manga art
>>
File: Rey and Luke.jpg (140KB, 1000x981px) Image search: [Google]
Rey and Luke.jpg
140KB, 1000x981px
For the people saying Rey isn't a Mary Sue, refer to this
>>
>>322438809
>...from Luke's father to Luke, then it was pas-
Ignoring the fact that it was dropped out of fucking Cloud City into Bespin?
>>
>>322438875
Joss Whedon fucking ruined everything
>>
IV>IIII>VI>V>I>VII>II
>>
>>322433037

From all this marketing and what I gathered this is basically SJW : disney edition

Also why the fuck would any Sith want to take vader as a role model ? The guy was basically a crippled and failed apprentice to a dark side user who haven't accomplished anything.
>>
>>322438831

Never heard of those games.

I guess us old fuckers don't want whiny teenagers yelling into our mics.
>>
>>322437687
They make it seem like anakin was a good kid who became a badass, but a troubled badass. And aside from his first dooku fight where he gets his shit rekt from pure inexperience, he's essentially OP as fuck. In other words, he's this super successful guy who gets this stupid forced plot bending to make him bad. And nobody watching really buys it. But he's still super cool and powerful and shit. But he goes from badass to troubled badass cause he had a bad dream, oh fucking no. But he's still apparently a super caring guy the whole time right until he's magically not anymore and starts choking padme? But then goes "NOOOO" when he hears she's dead? What?

Kylo, however, feels more human. He's this dude, who turned bad (we haven't seem much of the past yet), and looks up to this mask guy and puts in on to try and look cool, and it's so pathetic, and he's such a baby, and that's his thing, and they never try to shove in something like "yeah but no he does it for his friends!" Or something. He looks like a weak little bitch right before he stabs his daddy and then is clearly swayed over again and he is just this little puppet being pulled around. Anakin had a lot of edge. Kyle has laughable edge, which is what his whole pathetic shtick is about. Anakin just doesn't pull it off because his transformation is retarded and the internal conflict is just never there. He has one talk with yoda and then it's a progressive downfall from there as if he doesn't give a shit about anything he decides to do anymore. In kylo, we're able to at least acknowledge how much of a loser fuck he is. Anakin gets played off as GOAT-but-tricked-in-the-end-how-tragic

Even Terra from kingdom hearts doesn't have as much of a retardedly shit character
>>
>>322439061
Vader was also the Emperors pawn with no real self motivation, so I wonder this too.
>>
>>322438956
It's because a lot of Imperials are from Coroscant and the accent there sounds British.

Corellia is like Texas so Han comes off as a cowboy and the backwater planets sound American.

It all kinda makes since when you look into. Really, Reys accent should have been American and Finn should have had the British accent.
>>
>>322439061
his grandson would look up to him
>>
Finn was OK.
I mean sure he refuses to kill disarmed people. But then he doesn't even hesitate to blow up the people who have been his comrades all his life?
That's not how humans work, what the fuck.
>>
>>322438875
I would have been fine with the quips if it wasn't a fucking psychologically fucked child soldier that dislikes fighting and just wants to escape doing the brunt of them. It was like he was reading from two different scripts that mixed like oil and water.
>>
>>322438995
"That's question for another time" not yoda
>>
>>322438995
It would have been so easy to give a small explanation for how she got it. It's not like it's impossible to think of one.
Intentionally leaving it vague is so lazy.
>>
>>322438475
>Now when the prequels came out, it was the Matrix and Bourne generation. Movies weren't supposed to be cheesy anymore
Anon, stop for a moment and try to remember a cheesy part from the original Trilogy (Special Editions don't count) that is on par with Jar Jar.

Or on par with Anakin being a whiny bitch, or falling off shit in the big city.

The originals weren't cheesy when it mattered and they were cheesy when they could afford to get away with it.

>most Leia lines
>That hunk of junk!
>Droid humor
>Wookie Chess

That's pretty much everything cheesy in a New Hope.

I don't have the 30 minutes it would take to write everything cheesy in The Phantom Menace.

BANTHA POODOO ANNIE, NOW THIS IS PODRACING, *SHAKES JOWELS, OH PREASE MEET U JEDI-SAN THANK U PREASE, LOL THE ASSAULT DROIDS ARE LITERAL PAPER STICKS, WOOPS I CRASHED A FIGHTER THROUGH A HANGER AND SAVED THE DAY 3 STOOGES STYLE

And on and on. What were the serious moments? Death of Qwi-gone? Why did anybody care about him? What reason did Lucas give me to care about him?
>>
>>322439061
He was the downfall of the jedi order and was pivotal in creating the galactic empire, he's killed countless jedi, and was an intimidating fuck
>>
File: Iserlohn Fortress.webm (2MB, 536x402px) Image search: [Google]
Iserlohn Fortress.webm
2MB, 536x402px
>>322438562
>>
>>322435953
>TR-8R
>TR8R
>treightr
>traitor

What the fuck. I finally realized it.
>>
> That's not how humans work
> niggers
> humans
>>
>>322439061
All this movie fucking was was Star Wars Ep. IV except the main character is a woman who has a black character supporting her. Also new R2D2 is a ball and the new Death Star (Starkiller base) is many times larger than the Death Star despite the fact that the First Order should have more limited resources than the Empire had.
>>
>>322438562
I'd rate it 6/10. It's not atrocious but that's because it mainly apes A New Hope whenever it can.

Where it diverges is mostly the bad stuff... There is very little new and exciting it brings to the table. Poe is pretty cool I guess. I wanna see how they do Luke before I totally get disappointed.
>>
>>322439203
VI had the empire get defeated by teddy bears who played drums with their helmets. That's Jar-Jar level right there.
>>
>>322438562
>Stop liking what I don't like: the post
Pretty much all of your points are either subjective or just plain bait.

>fiesty
Oh right. You're illiterate. Good for you, overcoming your handicap.
>>
>>322438879
>He had an opportunity to kill them both.
I blame the plot a little, but it's mostly because of that hastily thrown in "Hey, let's become Sith training buddies.
I get a 20% discount at the juice bar for every referral." What a lame reversal of the Episode V moment.
>>
>>322439104
If you haven't heard of any of those and you've been playing D3 this whole time, I truly feel sorry for you. Really, I do. It took D3 an expansion just to be worth playing, but those two alone I mentioned were great at any point.
>>
File: Kircheis arrives.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kircheis arrives.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>322439243
>>
>>322438920
Yeah, I forgot the exact wording. Still basically the same thing.

>>322438995
The ways of non-jedi not-yoda are mysterious and absolute buttfuck retarded.
>>
TR-8R IS CUTE

C U T E
>>
Boring, soulless trash.
No character development.
Scarce story moves too fast.

No wonder Ford begged to be killed off when he read the script for this trash.
>>
Oh and Finn looked so completely retarded in the stormtrooper outfit I don't know why they didn't fit him a new one.

And the actor that plays Ren looks goofy as fuck.
>>
>>322438971
It's funny how poorly written and mary sueish Luke is compared to rey.

I guess it's just nostalgia speaking for people to prefer luke more.
>>
>>322439483
Yet he liked the final product.
>>
>>322437304
Han and Chewie never showed that much technical skill or knowledge of the Falcon besides modifying it illegally. They constantly fuck up repairs and have multiple issues if you recall. It was implied that Han hadn't really had it that long in Empire. He won it in a bet. He was proud of it, but it wasn't his baby.
>>"Captain Phasma, we want you to lower the shield protecting the most powerful weapon in the galaxy and the main base of the First Order" ..... "Okay but you won't get away with this"
Same reason it wasn't Phasma beating up wannabe Jedi with a stick. It's likely she isn't intended to be a villain.
>"How did I get Anakin Skywalker's Lightsaber? Maybe I'll tell you later :^)"
This could be a plot point central to the next movie. That's a trilogy for you.
>R2 is hibernating and he'll probably never woke up, oh wait he just did for no reason and has the map we need?
There is almost certainly a reason. Trilogy, remember?
>We're bombing the surface of a heavily armored building, better bring only X-Wing fighters instead of actual bombers like Y-Wings
Y-Wings were never dedicated bombers. They were outfitted that way because they were too old and slow to function as a fighter anymore. Why would you bring a 50-year-old design to a fight? They were aging even in ANH.
>Supermegadeathlaser travels through hyperspace and can split out to seek targeted planets that are millions of miles apart
This is a universe where FTL travel, blowing up planets with a laser, and what equates to space magic is possible. You're drawing the line here?
>>
>>322439509
I thought he was pretty well cast. Looks like he could be Solo's son.
>>
>>322433037
>Japanese poster doesn't feature the black guy or is he too dark to see?
>>
>>322434356
what do you think her taint smells like
>>
>>322438765
>are you retarded or something nigger? thats the whole fucking point of his character,
Okay then faggot.

Who is the main villain in the Force Awakens?

>There isn't one!

That's gay and you're gay for defending it.

>all fucking boba did was literally stand around for 3 movies and fell into a pit but i bet your faggot ass adores him
Well I didn't mention Boba Fett so you had to try and pluck something to criticize from the old ones.

Boba Fett is a side character, a bounty hunter for hire and offers very little, he was a reminder of Jabba's unresolved situation with Han and he does almost nothing to deserve fan praise. If he had a better duel in Jedi it would make him worthwhile.

As it stands though he can't be compared to Ren because he's not the fucking big baddy in ANY film.

Tell me who is the villain that we want to see the good guys triumph over in the Force Awakens?

You can stammer around until you say it's Ren and then I'll refer you to my first post, faggot.
>>
>>322439483
It's funny how TFA will be remembered as a modern classic that beats the shit out of the OT and Prequels while you sit around crying about it.
>>
>>322433037
aside from rey I liked it
>>
>>322439571
>headcanon: the post

What really makes me mad is that Jew Jew actually relies on shitters like you to patch the lazy writing in his movies.
>>
>>322434715
it was also the worst MGS so where does that leave us
>>
>>322439526
>A realistic character that grows over the course of the movie is poorly written
>A strong independent mary sue that has 0 character development is better written
>>
>>322437805
>jedi aren't allowed to have kids
Jedi aren't allowed to fall in love. IIRC there was one Jedi on the council who's species was dwindling in numbers and Yoda let him have as many kids as he could.
>>
>>322438956
I actually kind of liked that, except nobody has the acting chops of Van Helsing so that stand-in for Tarkin seems lame by comparison.
>>
>>322439383

In the end it's all repetitive nonsense.

I only recently started playing D3 again. I rolled a demon hunter, levelled that to like 40 and stopped playing. So far I've tried the monk and moved on to the barb. Next I might try sorcerer. Shit's all new to me anyways.
>>
>>322439571
>Trilogy, remember?
I REALLY doubt JJ Abrams has the foresight to adequately explain this bullshit.
She should have inherited his GREEN lightsaber from Ep. VI.

>Supermegadeathlaser
It's bigger and stronger than the Death Star and it was built from what is the ruins of the Empire.
That shit doesn't add up.
>>
>>322439571
Then why does Rey know the Falcon better than older Han/Chewie?

I don't think the movie really implied how long ago he lost it.
>>
>>322439552
It's called marketing child.
>>
V>IV>III=VII>VI>I>II
>>
>>322439710
>Modern classic
Surely you jest. Nothing that is a copy of another movie so blatantly will become a classic.
>>
>>322439526
>It's funny how poorly written and mary sueish Luke is compared to rey.

>I can't explain why though, lol

Come on son.

I'm asking you to try and bait me harder here.

Articulate why you said such a silly thing.
>>
>>322439526
Did you even read the picture fucknugget?

>>322438562
>no character development
>nothing resolved
>none of the characters feel real
You like talking out of your ass don't you?
>>
>>322439821
Fuckin lucky guy.
>>
>>322436015
>>322437719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pAMdn9oSPE
>>
>>322439571
I doubt the little orange frog woman will return. She was supposed to have more scenes, but the actor had a hissy fit about the mocap and they had to cut a lot of her screen time.
>>
File: fuckyouuuu.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyouuuu.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
>>322438971
Luke's outfit actually fucking makes sense. You fucking tuck your pants and wrap your ankles when walking in sand or you will have it all in your boots.

He also has a billowy shirt so the desert air can blow through and cool him. He covers more of his body as well, which defends against the rays of the sun.

For real, what the fuck is she wearing? Is that a bedsheet lashed to her body? Why is she wearing arm wraps? Why is her bedsheet wrapped around her ankle? Where does she keep getting boots and clothes to fit her if she has no family and they just pay her in rations? Why doesn't she ever barter for a blaster, or salvage on in the ships she ventures? Who taught her posh English diction? Why does she speak like she should be in an Elizabethan period piece? Why doesn't she have any skin damage or scars? Who taught her to scavenge and salvage the way she does? She has absolutely ZERO friends for all these years?

So many questions and we haven't even left Jakku.
>>
>Episode VIII
>A Stormtrooper, serial number TR-8R, is found with mortal wounds
>Resistance saves him so that he can be interrogated
>Escapes during attack on resistance base
>Becomes major antagonist from then on

How would /tv/ react?
>>
>>322438562
>characters have to visibly change their personalities by the end of a movie or else it's shit
You can tell which people just watched their first ever movie critique somewhere by how much they spout "MUH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT" as their only critique for anything.
>>
>>322439641
He looks like Hayden Christensen sort of. I figured that's why they cast him.
>>
>>322439931
If hes been shitting on SW all these years, why change now? I guess he needed that extra buck he was offered.
>>
>>322437304
Rey lived within walking distance of the Falcon for years, and almost certainly explored it top to bottom. Her entire life was spent salvaging ship wreckage and engineering stuff, while Han hadn't seen his ship for over 20 years and it had passed through the hands of multiple different owners that all did their own modifications. So yeah, of course Rey would know the current Falcon better, although Han would figure out the changes and get used to it/fix it right-quick.
>>
>>322437542
the best part is that there are non force-sensitive stormtroopers that can body THAT guy.
>>
>>322439526
In what way is Luke a Marty Stu?
>>
>>322440000
>people hated George Lucas
This is what we get from not-George Lucas.
>>
>>322438964
>Obi-Wan Kenobi uses an uncivilised weapon on himself.jpg
>>
>>322439526
did you even watch the original trilogy luke couldn't control the force until yoda trained him
>>
>>322440000
She has a full desert environment outfit early on in the movie, but stops wearing it when she gets into the little scrap yard to sell the stuff she looted
>>
>>322440015
>ever catering to memesters
>>
>>322440031
Nah, he's got Solo's big honking greek nose and chin.
Only looks like Anakin because of the hair.
>>
>bad guys:
>all white men
>Nazi rally complete with red/black/white banners and firey speech
>hand in air salute
>villain has a lightsaber shaped like a cross

>good guys
>woman and a black man
>only significant resistance white males either get written out of 80% of the movie or die
>black man who beats white trooper with riot gear #blacklivesmatter
>>
>>322439571
>phasma will show up in the next movie :^)
>they'll explain it in the next movie :^)
This is the laziest excuse of a shill I've seen for this movie.
Hang yourself.
>>
Kojima is the worst film buff ever, he just likes every movie he sees
>>
Are Tusken raiders the most powerful alien race in star wars?

>They beat up Luke a trained jedi.
>uses melee weapons so they are instant experts in using lightsabers if they manage to get their hands on one
>scavenges for parts so they are instant experts in piloting and knows how to outmaneuver the best of pilots in any situations.
>Are expert marksmen, able to outshoot anyone on their first try using a completely new weapon
>speaks multiple languages

If they were force sensitive, they could be the most powerful jedis in the entire galaxy.
>>
>>322439057
V > IV > VI > VII > III = II > I

I debated if Jedi is actually worse than Force Awakens. I don't think it is. I need more time after this film has been out but right now I think it's better. It has Ewoks and it's by far the worst of the original Trilogy but what it does well triumphs over what Force Awakens does well. Need more time though.

also

>IIII
>>
>>322440178
>>all white men
did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>322440178
>black man who beats white trooper with riot gear #blacklivesmatter
No he doesn't you dumb bitch
>>
>>322440201
Everything western it seems, such as Minions
>>
File: potions.jpg (416KB, 750x1071px) Image search: [Google]
potions.jpg
416KB, 750x1071px
>yfw sitting in the theater and thinking about how many of the actors are circumcised
America is so fucked up.
>>
>>322435936
>inb4 its revealed in the next film that she was a trained jedi as Luke's daughter before having her mind force wiped to protect her identity.
>>
>>322439754
The only speculation there is regarding Phasma, and that's the only reason I can think she wouldn't have filled the role of 'TR-8R' from a film perspective.

Everything else is either illustrated in the original trilogy, or is in regards to unanswered questions that were deliberately left unanswered.

Isn't parroting other posts to be hipster contradictory?
>>
>>322440259
The only white man on the resistance was Harrison Ford. Poe isn't white.
>>
>>322440178
Finn gets his ass kicked by the riot trooper
>>
>>322439361
It is yeah, Jedi was the descent into Madness for George.

Still some of Jedi is good.
>>
File: Mega Kalos.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Kalos.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
>>322438809
You could say it felt really forced.
>>
>>322440201
This is true.

Luckily for the MGS series Kojima just happened to have watched a bunch of good American action movies in the 70's and 80's.
>>
>>322440178
Finn is most definitely a token casting.
I think Rey was just that they wanted a female lead to try something new.
>>
>>322439571
>Trilogy, remember
JJ isn't making the other two movies retard.

Odds are the faggot just made a bunch of unexplained shit and the next director is going to have to scramble to try and unfuck the mess he made
>>
>>322440103
>and almost certainly explored it top to bottom
this is headcanon bullshit and you know it.
>Her entire life was spent salvaging ship wreckage and engineering stuff
half true. they show her find and cleaning stuff to sell to that alien for portions of food. she never really builds anything
>>
File: (You).jpg (11KB, 484x320px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
11KB, 484x320px
>>322440245
Have a (You) lad, it's on the house.
>>
>>322440317
If she was a trained jedi, Kylo would have known about her existence.
>>
>>322438971
Can't wait for the second movie to come out where Rey realizes she's not such hot shit. That's the point of her being so initially successful, so that later on we can all realize "oh she got a bit ahead o herself there eh"
Then you faggots will stop complaining.
If this doesn't happen I will eat my words and jump on your bandwagon
>>
>>322440351
there were plenty of white guys in the resistance and the first order had plenty of chicks and people from different races
>>
>>322440256
V > IV > VI > VII > III > II > I

Fixed that for you
>>
>>322440518
I meant main characters or plot relevant characters.
>>
>>322440256
This, except I thought II was the worst of the lot.
>>
File: jason_lee_scott.jpg (53KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
jason_lee_scott.jpg
53KB, 350x262px
>>322433185

>luke landing the photon missile is NOT a mary sue moment
>>
>>322440548
Hey faggot, thats my ranking. We should get gay.
>>
>>322439061
It's more like A New Hope: Diversity Edition.
>>
Rey is not a Mary Sue
Luke was channeling himself through her throughout all of the stuff mind trick and after. Think of it like Luke using her to do things, not her just magically knowing them.
Remember it is established Luke can do this. He communicates telepathically with Leia who is way less in tune with the force than Rey
>>
>>322440245
Well, according to KOTOR, Tusken Raiders are one of the oldest races in the galaxy.
>>
>>322440518
>people from different races

why does star wars even have aliens? they will never be important and are just window dressing.
>>
File: EGGG.jpg (260KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
EGGG.jpg
260KB, 500x434px
>>322437704
Rocco leaving me in stitches
>>
>>322435017
ray's a mary sue and i don't understand how people can seriously pretend she's not.

but on the flip side, its fucking starwars. The movie is basically built on the premise, with luke being a mary sue in OT and anakin being one in PT.
>>
>>322440518
>people from different races
And like 3 aliens. What the fuck is up with that? Shouldn't they have more diverse recruits besides people?

Same the guys shaking down Han. Just a Scott, Deadpool Men, and some Asians.
>>
>>322440678
>source: my ass
>>
>>322440245
Are Tusken raiders a mary sue race?
>>
>>322439896
She doesn't necessarily.
She nigger-rigged it based on her experience with starship components from salvage. That's about it.

There's no indication of what older Han was doing since Jedi, but in his recent past in the OT, he was much busier avoiding bounty hunters and getting space bitches than he was staring at components all day.

He's never made out to be come technical genius in the films. One of the running themes is how haphazardly the Falcon was put together and maintained.
>>
>>322440618
he needed obi wans help to do it
>>
File: pMrsQKb.png (876KB, 1035x768px) Image search: [Google]
pMrsQKb.png
876KB, 1035x768px
>>322439962
Apparently my ass came up with an opinion that you couldn't rebut.

You can keep green-texting. Rey still won't have a character arc.
>>
>>322433037
He accidentally added in the comma
>>
>>322434785
you mean darth plagueis
>>
>>322433037
>Kojima
>right about movies
>ever
Of course not. He'll like literally anything so long as it's popular.
>>
>>322440678
That explains it. Luke is God. Rey is Jesus.
>>
>>322438392
the justification for this is also
>eh sometimes I shoot at rats when I'm bored
and how could he even be that good of a pilot when he's never been off world until han solo
>>
>>322440731
after years of persecution I don't think that many aliens would be willing to trust the new empire
>>
>>322436167
How would you embed midichlorians into a lightsaber?
>>
>>322440256
I like I better than II. I has children Anakin and more Jar Jar but it has more going for it overall than II, which is mostly just completely forgettable.
>>
>>322440178
The original is like this too except that they weren't living in retarded SJW times where you need the most gorilla looking black man marry the White girl, you can just have a suave black man flirt with the white girl and still end up with the cunning white rogue. Meanwhile the black guy defeats the final Death Star after cucking the white guy's ship (with his permission) and the rebels even had a Squid and a Mexican (Lando's co-pilot guy).

Plus there was an Asian.

And the woman in the original films was spunky without being a character written by a 10 year old.
>and den she beats you cause she has unlimited powers

The originals were still pretty similar to
>all these ragtag people band together to overthrow imperial White dude rule
Which is fine, when it's handled with less SJW silliness and better writing and character development.

Poe was an actual example of a decent character and Finn was fine but god damn they had to cast him as black as possible. I guess poor Lando was too pale.
>>
File: OL (1).jpg (393KB, 1020x1200px) Image search: [Google]
OL (1).jpg
393KB, 1020x1200px
>>322433037

No, Kojima is a pleb

>ANH starts with a young woman who has secret information the Empire wants
>TFA starts with a young man who has secret information the First Order wants
>Empire catches young woman, but the data gets away in a droid, who escapes on the desert planet of Tatooine
>First Order catches the young man, but the date gets away in a droid, who escapes on the desert planet of Jakku
>on the desert planet we meet a young man
>on the desert planet we meet a young woman
>the droid gets captured by little people, but then the young man buys it
>the droid gets captured by a little person, but then the young woman takes it
>the droid reveals it's on a mission for the rebellion
>the droid reveals it's on a mission for the resistance
>young man meets old man, they determine to get the droid to the rebellion
>young woman meets young man, they determine to get the droid to the resistance
>empire chases them, but they get away on a millennium falcon
>first order chases them, but they get away on a millennium falcon
>millennium falcon gets caught by a space station, the death star, but after action sequences, they escape
>millennium falcon gets caught by a big pirate ship owned by a han solo, but after action sequences, they escape
>han solo and a young guy look for a woman on the death star, find her, but she winds up saving them
>han solo and young guy look for a woman on the starkiller base, find her, but she winds up saving herself
>old man confronts young protege who turned bad and now dresses in all black, gets killed by young protege with a red lightsaber while young protagonist watch, young protagonist screams, shoots, runs
>old man confronts young son who turned bad and now dresses in all black, gets killed by young protege with a red lightsaber while young protagonist watch, young protagonist screams, chewie shoots, runs
>>
IV>VI>V>III>I>II

Haven't seen VII.
>>
>>322433037
he is but its not because he knows anything about storytelling
>>
>>322437308
>you think she never received any training at all
No.

She was like 5 in the flashback where whoever left her on Jakku left her. She certainly didn't have enough training to warrant all the stupid shit that happens in the latter half of the movie. She went from zero to hero in the course of a few hours. It took Luke 3 whole movies to get to the same level.
>>
>>322440548
Who cares how we differ with the prequels, seriously.
>>
>>322440762
I'm not satisfied with that. It's one thing to salvage shit, but another to know what they do.

Have her reading some schematics, hawking parts or fixing ships of the aliens that come by, something that actually indicates her knowledge other than
>implications
>>
>>322440351
Hey don't forget Porkins 2.0.
>>
File: OL (2).jpg (714KB, 3142x2373px) Image search: [Google]
OL (2).jpg
714KB, 3142x2373px
>>322441010

>the death star is primed to shoot at the planet the rebellion is on, there's this countdown and its close and seems like all is lost (leia despairs in the base with the computers), but then a han solo comes in with the assist, and young man in x-wing destroys the death star, saving everyone, but the bad guy in all black gets away
>the starkiller base is primed to shoot at the planet the resistance is on, there's this countdown and its close and seems like all is lost (leia despairs in the base with the computers), but then a han solo comes in with the assist, and young man in x-wing destroys the starkiller base, saving everyone, but the bad guy in all black gets away
>>
>>322440309
It's fucked up that you thought about that.
>>
Rey
>Is a better pilot than Han Solo and obtains Chewbacca and a Millennium Falcon
>Is the most powerful force user in the galaxy and is already a better Jedi than Luke ever was in a shorter span of time
>Is a kickass Princess of attitude that uses her nobility and intelligence to help the resistance

Rey is literally three characters put into one and outdoes all of them. I'm surprised to see so many people defend such a poorly written character.
>>
File: 1445743414123.jpg (410KB, 1344x983px) Image search: [Google]
1445743414123.jpg
410KB, 1344x983px
>>322440678
>>
>>322440618
It isn't.
>>
>>322440907
I mean in the Resistance
>>
>>322440245
They piss their pants at Krayat dragons and can't even take down Jawa Sandcrawlers.
>>
why the fuck did the octopus carry around Finn for like 20 seconds and not just eat him???
>>
>>322440428
JJ wasn't the primary writer either, you little shit, he was the director first and foremost.
Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back) was the primary writer.

Are you that dense to believe that major plot points of planned trilogies are written as they go?
>>
>>322441278
Because Black tastes wack

Plot armor is a bitch ain't it
>>
>>322440883
Luke mentioned in the first movie that he used to shoot womp rats in a T-16 flyer which has the exact same controls as the X-wing.

He even had his friends in the rebel forces vouch for his piloting skills as he came from Tatooine as well.
>>
>>322440691
Many Bothans died to bring you these movies, anon.
>>
>>322439061
No, it's not SJW Star Wars, unless you think that having a girl character immediately makes it SJW. There's no mention of race in the movie, no mention of Rey being a girl. The black guy immediately goes ooga booga on Rey and wants to fuck her, so he's not some poster child for respecting women. She does go "stop holding my hand" cause she didn't need no guidance but immediately after, let's herself get hand-held again because she's standing around like a dump ass. Far from sjw stuff.
Also, vader looked sort of weak to us because of his last-minute-traitor move against sheev, but before that, he was like, the face of the empire's revolution, being the only lightsaber dude left in a world of dead Jedi. He went all over the place and was feared everywhere and by everyone, if someone talked back to him about his force moves he'd choke their shit on the spot. A few generals equal to him in social status maybe talked shit about him cause they were jelly as fuck but nobody besides the emperor himself was able to spook a nigga real quick like he would. In other words, you didn't fuck with vader. Who else did you have, dooku? Maul? No-voice and sith-puppet? Or the 4-armed spinny saber robot?
>>
>>322441278
That whole scene was like they just ripped it from Into Darkness' deleted content and replace Spock with Han, and Kirk and Uhura with Finn and Rei.
>>
File: a_sharrad_hett.jpg (118KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
a_sharrad_hett.jpg
118KB, 322x400px
>>322440245
Read Darth Krayt's origin in Star Wars Legacy

>inb4 not conan

Who cares, rogue jedi tusken raider warlord is like the coolest thing ever.
>>
File: kyloren.png (300KB, 643x480px) Image search: [Google]
kyloren.png
300KB, 643x480px
>>322439151
the actor for finn mentioned that he used his own british accent on his first day of acting, but jar jar abrams said no and asked him to change it to american
>>
>>322433037
i only saw the first 20 minutes and I cringed at least 4 times.

it truly was a Star Wars movie made in 2015
>>
>>322440709
I fucking knew he would move onto why Han Solo sucked.

My sides.
>>
>>322441270
At least Tusken raiders are better written than Rey despite having 100% of the same background.
>>
>>322440958
If Episode 1 was forgettable I would feel much better about it.
>>
>>322433456
He said "white slavers" not "black slavists" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.

pls go /pol/
>>
>>322441113
Her speeder is her own creation.
That was supposed to be the setup you're talking about.

Could have been verbally stated in the movie itself that she made it, but it is canon.

It's the same as Anakin building his own podracer, but we don't talk about that.
>>
>>322433342
>Rey was a shitty mary sue

No one said ren was a badass nor was he hyped up as a badass.

You and many other neckbeards assumed he was naturally a badass sith because he wears and cool looking mask with a triple bladed lightsaber.

On top of that most of the sith in the previous films were all extremely powerful force users.

YOU FUCKING NECKBEARDS ARE VICTOMS OF YOUR OWN EXPECTATIONS!

You EXPECTED some badass powerful sith lord and J.J. gave you faggots a school shotter with a temper tantrum.

DEAL WITH IT AND HOPE THE FAGGOT IS BETTER IN THE SEQUELS YOU SHITHEADS

ARGUMENT OVER!

Posting cause im tired of this rey mary sue shit.
Tired of you neckbeards making this shit into a meme
>>
>>322441706
ren was a badass he beat luke after all
>>
>>322435953
TR-8R need more lens flares
>>
>>322434887
memesters have replaced "haha le trolled u" with "u triggered bro?"

Do your family a favor and kill yourself before you embarrass them more.
>>
>>322441630
Most of it was handled badly, but Qui-Gon, the podracing, Darth Maul and the final battle with him (plus the theme music) were all pretty good elements.
It's enough to make me think it could have ended up a decent movie.
There's very little about II I can say is redeeming. Mace Windu and Dooku are all I can think of
>>
>>322437786
>Right before powering down.
>Someone really need to see Luke again.
>Wakes up.
> Why hasn't anyone-
>tfw when tfa
>tfw you set back everyone for so many years and the first order could've win if you didn't just power up.
>>
File: too much stupid for me.gif (433KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
too much stupid for me.gif
433KB, 320x240px
>>322435017
>without a teacher in a part of the timeline where so little is known about Jedi that they are basically myths.

We dont know that for sure.

>>322435791
>Suddenly can beat Ren in a duel

HAS IT EVER OCCURED TO YOU FUCKERS THAT REN LOST BECAUSE HES NEVER BEEN IN A SERIOUS DUEL BECAUSE THE JEDI AND SIT ARE PRACTICVALLY EXTINCT DURING VII TIMELINE?!

Has it occured hes never really had to seriously fight anyone aside from weak ass humans who have no force abilities or will to speak off?!

I hate autist
>>
>>322441706
>Nor was he hyped up as a bad ass

>The trailer makes him out to be a Darth Vader type character with a unique style of lightsaber
>He stops a blaster shot mid air with the force

Aso why are you talking about Ren when you pointed out Rey being a mary sue?
>>
V>IV>VI>VII>Dogshit>Prequels

in my opinion TFA is a good movie but I wan't to reserve a lot of my judgement until VIII.
>>
>>322439361
I'm not a huge fan of Endor
But
It's a small squad of Rebels along with an entire planet's population of ewoks who know their own territory and clearly have waited for this day to come, vs a few dozen storm troopers. You're looking at an entire forest pre-designed to fuck up AT-ST's, and no other larger units or flying units could really fit in the forest. I mean, they showed ewoks actually dying too, which was something. I bet half those fuckers population got wiped. Ignore the celebration at the end, niggas probably had funerals already. I don't know. Shit just look at how hard it was to travel Vietnam without getting fucked every step of the way
>>
>>322441706
>ARGUMENT OVER!
Your hate makes you reckless.
>>
>>322439704
Plagueis is the main villain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd_8-NCN5CU
>>
File: abstract disgusting.jpg (62KB, 636x640px) Image search: [Google]
abstract disgusting.jpg
62KB, 636x640px
>>322441542
could you imagine if EP4-6 Han broke the fourth wall and asked if he was suppose to say something?

could you imagine if Lando broke character and acted like a literally nigger guy?

could you imagine how useless BB-8 is seeing as 85% of it's body is a fucking useless ball that can't do anything except roll?

>muh hidin' important info in a droid
>muh watchin' old guy die by toppercent sith
>muh star wars meme
fuck
>>
>>322433037
At least they didn't have Rey cut Kylo's hand off.
>>
>>322433037
He is a sellout. There is some tpp easter eggs in this movie.
>>
I swear to fucking hot christ, the only reason 99% of these faggots hate Rey either falls into 1. being retards with retarded nostalgia goggles who have not watched the OT in a decade or 2. she's a fucking woman. I have never thought that was a legitimate thing until I saw the backlash to this movie. Seriously, I have always believed that was feminist propoganda, but holy christ, you fags have proved that people really will hate a character just for being a woman.

Everything Rey did, Luke did, either in ANH or in early Empire.

The only reason she stood up to Kailo is because he was already injured and he's set up from the first time we see him as an emotional brat who has no control over the Force.

Just fuck my shit up, senpai, this "rey is a mary sue" shit is the worst meme ever.
>>
>>322441675
>Her speeder is her own creation
Where is this stated? The movie doesn't address that at all.

I suppose it could be implied, but the only thing the audience would surmise is: where did this girl get a speeder?

Just a little more development on Jakku would be nice, but overall, she's still written to have many things just go her way.
>>
>>322441871
Rey excels at everything she does, conquers every challenge she is put up against, everyone loves her including pre existing characters and her enemy respects her enough to want her on his side. Her only flaw is she's an orphan which works out in her favor anyways.
Mary Sue, my mans.
>>
File: Darthplagueis-cover.jpg (2MB, 1875x2852px) Image search: [Google]
Darthplagueis-cover.jpg
2MB, 1875x2852px
>>322440845
Hmm. He does look familar
>>
>>322442117
Sheev is a cool guy. Best part of the prequels.
>>
>>322441826
no he didnt?!

He killed an entire school of untrained padwans and ran off to the dark side.

Rens never fought a serious threat before.
>>
>>322433037
How the fuck did orange lady get Luke's lightsaber? That shit fell down cloud city. Does she have Luke's hand? Will Luuke appear? Is Snoke, palpatine possessing Luuke?
>>
>>322442064
>HAS IT EVER OCCURED TO YOU FUCKERS THAT REN LOST BECAUSE HES NEVER BEEN IN A SERIOUS DUEL BECAUSE THE JEDI AND SIT ARE PRACTICVALLY EXTINCT DURING VII TIMELINE?!
>Has it occured hes never really had to seriously fight anyone aside from weak ass humans who have no force abilities or will to speak off?!
>I hate autist
the man can literally hold a laser shit in mid air with the force and he beat luke after killing every other apprentice
>We dont know that for sure.
they called han an old legend so yeah we do know
>>
>>322433037
I ended up being less offended than I thought I'd be, pretty good movie, I'd rate it an 8/10 although I'm not too into Star Wars (Trek/Firefly/Bebop, but not Star Wars)

I was worried they cast Boyega as Finn just because he was black, but I feel like he genuinely brought something to the role, and I ended up liking his character.

I felt like the choice to kill off Han Solo, just to replace him with a woman was a little bit much though. Rey felt like a fucking super mary sue.
>DON'T HOLD MY HAND I'M STRONG AND INDEPENDENT
>I KNOW A WHOLE BUNCH ABOUT SHIPS BECAUSE... BECAUSE.... BECAUSE....... DA FORCE! YEAH!
>I CAN DO A JEDI MIND TRICK WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING WHAT THE FORCE FUCKING IS

Did not like her character too much. You can make the argument that they did the same shit with Anakin in the prequel series, but they had to make him match the powers of Vader in the later episodes; I guess Star Wars always has to have a bitch as the main female lead though.

I liked and disliked Kylo Ren. His sabre was pretty cool looking. I just disliked the main villain's character being more whiny child than evil Vader. I mean, I guess that's kind of the point, but I was expecting something completely different, not temper tantrums and childish mistakes.

Also, why didn't they fucking use the Star Killer to blast the resistance first? Stupid.

BB8 is fucking rad though. The part with the thumbs up got a genuine laugh out of me.

All in all, I think Poe Dameron (the ace pilot) was my favorite addition to the character list, tied with Finn. I really liked Poe. I just hope Disney doesn't succumb to the SJWs and make him gay

No I'm fucking serious, look

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/star-wars-the-force-awakens/poe-dameron-gay-disney/

The faghags want their fanfiction to be taken seriously, and corrupt the youth of America. It's fucking sickening is what it is, and that's coming from a homosexual degenerate.
>>
>>322442179
People just cant stand well written female characters no matter how good they are.

At least Rey and TFA will live down as one of the most iconic movies of 2010s.
>>
>>322442254
Did not mean to quote.
>>
>>322442149
>if Lando broke character and acted like a literally nigger guy?
He acted like a cool early 80's nigga.
>>
>>322442179
At least Luke got his ass beat by Tuskens, Stormtroopers, Garbage monsters, and Darth Vader before triumphing.
>>
>>322442179
>Everything Rey did, Luke did, either in ANH or in early Empire.
keywords in early empire
rey does everything luke does in one movie where luke needed a trilogy to get good
>>
>"How did you get Luke's Lightsabre?"
>"It doesn't matter."

>"Hey, Poe, how did you get off of Jakku?"
>"Well, we escaped with the tie fighter and crashed on the planet...but who wants to hear about me? What's been happening with you?"

I don't remember exactly what was said in these two instances, but it's fucking hilarious that characters bring up legitimate plot points just to have another character wave them off as if they were unimportant details. TFA was horrible.
>>
>>322442067
Because rey beating ren is part of the reason neckbeards are calling her a mary sue.

>gets hype from a trailer

Again your own fault for being a victim of your own expectations of the return of one of the most beloved franchises in the world
>>
>>322442393
laser shot is what I meant to say
>>322442297
each apprentice had more training than rey
>>
>>322442179
I think people are taking a movie about space nazis and magic way too seriously.

She'll get fucking murdered in the next movie anyways.
>>
>>322442179
>2. she's a fucking woman, that's why you NERDS hate her
You're strong in the ways of the deflection.
>>
>>322442254
Everyone loves Luke from the moment they meet him.
He excels at everything he does, including being the one to destroy the Deathstar, beating out all the academy-trained pilots.
He figures out how to get his friends out of sticky situations and never fails, just in ANH alone.
His only Jedi training is 5 minutes on the Falcon and Obi-Wan telling him to "use the Force".
>>
>>322442606
>Everyone loves Luke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68BrauMLt_0
>>
File: he-doesnt-like-you[1].jpg (10KB, 675x350px) Image search: [Google]
he-doesnt-like-you[1].jpg
10KB, 675x350px
>>322442606
>Everyone loves Luke from the moment they meet him.
>>
>>322442510
Luke didn't need to star in a sjw show called girls where he also plays a whiny fag
>>
>>322442729
I'll be careful.
>>
>>322442729
he dindu nuffin, he was a good boy
>>
>>322442771
YOU'LL BE DEAD
>>
>>322442179
she is a mary sue and you can't argue against it because she never fails so all you can do is spout complaints about the people saying she is
>>
>>322442395
>I felt like the choice to kill off Han Solo
That was to honor Harrison Ford's request. He wanted to die in Return of the Jedi (which would have been much better but of course RotJ was when George began to spiral into shittiness) He finally got his wish so many decades later. It was a nice thing for JJ to do.
>>
>>322442659
>>322442729
It's funny how Rey and gang wandered into a bar just like this and they pretty much ignored them.
>>
>>322433037
yes
>>
>>322438105
>he actually thinks that jarjar-podracing, I hate sand, and lol high ground were better movies
>>
>>322442393
>the man can literally hold a laser shit in mid air with the force and he beat luke after killing every other apprentice

Holding a laser in mid air could or could not be difficult.

You just assume its difficult cause we have never seen it in a star wars film.

The real reason it was most likely in VII is cause it looks cool as shit.

Unless you show me some canon shit that says it difficult, it could be as easy as taking a piss for all we know.

And where did you get the notion that he beat luke when luke is alive at the end of the film?!

If he was that damn strong he would have killed him
>>
>>322442606
K. Where in all that did I say Luke wasn't a Gary Stu? O why is there a discussion on luke? Or you just deflecting my man?
>>
>>322442398
>well written
>implying
>>
>>322439061

I'm thinking Vader legacy is something that Snook over glorified to get Ren to do what he want's.
>>
>>322439704
The fucking First Order was the villain in TFA, same reason why the Empire was the villain in ANH. Ren is acting as the Vader of ANH right now. And don't say Vader was the main villain of ANH, or else you're missing the point of the original film.
>>
>>322442606
hahahahahaha
>He excels at everything he does, including being the one to destroy the Deathstar, beating out all the academy-trained pilots
if obi wan and han hadnt helped him he would have died .
>He figures out how to get his friends out of sticky situations and never fails, just in ANH alone.
hahahahaha
>His only Jedi training is 5 minutes on the Falcon and Obi-Wan telling him to "use the Force".
no most of his training is in episode 5 with yoda
>>
>>322442817
This young one's not worth the trouble. Now come, let me get you something.
>>
>>322442659
>>322442729
>Goal-post moving this hard

The people on Not-Tattooine don't like Rey either. I thought we were talking about characters that fucking matter. Han is as ambivalent toward Rey as he is toward Luke and he ends up caring about both of them in about the same period of time.
>>
>>322441195
>>322440785

your ultimate movie isn't perfect, face it.
>>
>>322442395
>All in all, I think Poe Dameron (the ace pilot) was my favorite addition to the character list, tied with Finn. I really liked Poe. I just hope Disney doesn't succumb to the SJWs and make him gay
I hope him and Finn bang. That's the only romance I'll accept
>>
>>322442398
Leia in the original trilogy is fantastic.

She's tough, she's a woman, she's snarky and she's likeable.

She's also flawed and not perfect.

She's enjoyable, well crafted.

Rey is what I'd make as a 10 year old.

>she is sexy and always wins
>>
>>322433404
Here we go again. Feminists trying to say everyone else is a Mary Sue to protect their fictional "feminist" icon.
Go apply yourself, faggot.
>>
>>322443000
rey is a mary sue get over it episode 7 is a great set up for the new trilogy but this character was a mistake
>>
>>322433037

Japanese people dont take movies and video games as seriously as we humans do, so they tend to only like them for "fun" value.
>>
>>322442970
>Talking about ANH vs TFA
>Decides to deflect to Jedi because retard
>Can't respond to any points

>>322442905
If you think Rey is a mary-sue you must also agree that Luke is a gary-stu as well. I'm only pointing out how no one had a shit-fit like this over Luke pulling shit out of his ass.
>>
>>322436550
This is TFA fans

People who know nothing about star wars or its lore

>only force users can resist mind tricks
Mind tricks only work on the weak minded. Fucking Obiwan says this in the OT
>>
>>322442892
are you assuming that luke would just let him murder everyone without doing anything?
>>
>>322443096
There is potential to redeem her in the next two movies since the damn thing is written as a trilogy.
>>
>>322442659
>>322442729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QErMa8MOF7g
>>
>>322442606

https://youtu.be/W-mDIgk3Y9g?t=224
>>
>>322437093
Kylo has no training and is not sith

Somehow, the ENTIRE JEDI ORDER fell to a single dark jedi who does not know any sith powers or tricks at all.

What the fuck did Luke do? How do you fuck up so bad that your order falls to a guy whoo isn't even a sith?
>>
>>322437910
>Finn literally has no ability in the force and he handled that lightsaber like he knew what the fuck he was doing.

FInn is a trained soilder and most likely could have meele combat training just like the storm trooper that nearly killed him with a baton
>>
>>322442892
The closest thing to it is shown is tutaminis, which is an incredible difficult technique only used by a handful of jedi masters and sith lords. If we assume it's a similar thing then he's a very powerful force user

Until/If it gets a more detailed explanation we just have to guess
>>
How the fuck can Rey pilot the Falcon?
>>
>>322433037
>off-topic thread with 500 replies

Why is moderation on /v/ so bad?
>>
>>322443154
Explain why Luke couldn't beat Vader the first time then even though Rei beat Kylo Ren? And before you say "he was injured" allow me to remind you that Vader was a 50-60 year old asthmatic quadriplegic burn victim.
>>
File: 1450162509086.jpg (41KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1450162509086.jpg
41KB, 500x294px
>>322443154
>If you think Rey is a mary-sue you must also agree that Luke is a gary-stu as well. I'm only pointing out how no one had a shit-fit like this over Luke pulling shit out of his ass.
>>
>>322442827
She doesn't want to help anyone because she only wants to wait for her parents like a retard.
She ignores the hero's call to action (denies the light saber).
She gets captured by Ren by being a retard
She gets injured and Finn has to save her ass initially.
>>
>>322443154
>If you think Rey is a mary-sue you must also agree that Luke is a gary-stu as well.
K and?
Were you around when Luke first came out. How do you know the reaction he got?
>>
Will the prequel hate meme ever die?
>>
>>322442179
>Luke used a Jedi mind trick to get a Stormtrooper to help him
>Luke defeated another force user in 1v1 combat
>Luke used the force to pull a lightsaber from another force user that was already pulling it
>Luke flew the Millenium Falcon by himself when he'd never piloted something before
You are so full of shit
>>
>>322443220
>are you assuming that luke would just let him murder everyone without doing anything?
Maybe he killed them all while luke was running an errand or maybe he was away at the time.
>>
>>322440618
It was actually said that he was a fucking great pilot and that was really all he was good at. He got his ass kicked numerous times in the movie, but he was a good pilot. Rey was fucking good at EVERYTHING for no reason to the point of me being bored as tits the entire film because I never felt like the characters were ever in any actual danger.
>>
>>322443435
Anakin Skywalker: You are so... beautiful.
Padmé: It's only because I'm so in love.
Anakin Skywalker: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
Padmé: So love has blinded you?
Anakin Skywalker: [laughs] Well, that's not exactly what I meant.
Padmé: But it's probably true.

Never.
>>
>>322442606
Everyone loves Luke:
>Luke was getting beat up by Tusken raiders and attacked by stormtroopers.
>R2-D2 and C3P0 were wary of Luke before he fixed them and triggered the hologram of Leia looking for Obi-wan.
>Han Solo hated Luke being a little kid for a good chunk of the movie
>Chewbacca was wary of Luke as well
>Leia was shocked that Luke was a kid who tried to rescue her

Excels at everything he does:
>Is a whiny farm kid who piloted for fun shooting at womp rats (which if you paid attention they explained why he was a decent pilot)
>Only learnt to deflect beams through a training bot by Obiwan and it was the only lightsaber thing he did in the whole movie
>was almost killed by Tie interceptors on his tail before he was saved by the Millennium Falcon and some X wings.

I could go on the whole day, either way Luke was extremely well written and SW is considered a classic because it manages to follow the hero's journey very well.

Rey is like a lvl 99 character dropped into the beginning with NG+ while Luke is a guy learning to fight for the first time.
>>
>>322443417
so you posted nothing again good job come back with a real argument
>>
>>322442963
>same reason why the Empire was the villain in ANH
Vader was the villain, he worked for the Empire.

Vader was a villain whose shadow hung over the whole film, until the triumphant destruction of the Death Star.

There was no villain in The Force Awakens. No personality that was memorable. Just a flat character who "struggles" with what side he will take in between bouts of slashing temper tantrums.

Sure, maybe there are reasons he's like that, but it's a shitty character. They should not have employed those reasons in that way.
>>
>>322443280
>ENTIRE JEDI ORDER

No its stated that they were not jedi,but being trained to be the new jedi order.

They were untrained
>>
>>322443280
Find out in Episode VIII

I predict it will be the Final Fantasy VIII of Star Wars films.
>>
>>322442606
>Everyone loves Luke the moment they meet him
HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU. I DON'T LIKE YOU EITHER.

>He excels at everything he does, including being the one to destroy the Deathstar, beating out all the academy-trained pilots.
Obiwan saves him against sand people, scum in a bar, Han saves his ass on the death star etc etc. Luke spends most of the first movie getting fucked, much like Neo in Matrix

>He figures out how to get his friends out of sticky situations and never fails, just in ANH alone.
Any examples? I cannot recall any.

>His only Jedi training is 5 minutes on the Falcon and Obi-Wan telling him to "use the Force".
And the only jedi related things he EVER does in the first movie is fire a torpedo without a targeting computer. How the fuck is that akin to learning how to use a lightsaber INSTANTLY (reminder lightsabers are very difficult to weild) learning Yoda level abilities instantly, having a super saiyan mode, being able to 1 v 1 a sith etc
>>
>>322443162
Reminder that Mind tricks are one of the hardest things a Jedi can do, Qui Gon Jinn had trouble with it and Luke failed to use it in episode 6 which caused them a lot of trouble in the first place.

But at least Rey is a Jedi prodigy who didn't need any training to use it.
>>
>>322443350
Because fucking Darth Vader is a well-trained Jedi with 30 years of experience and control of the Force. Also his fucking suit is built to more than compensate for his injuries. He has fucking robot limbs, you mental defect.

Kylo was injured, yes, but he also has NO control over the Fore. Do you remember that thing the stupid green muppet said in the OT about how control of your emotions is the most important part of being a Jedi? Or, no because none of you shits have ever even seen those films? Kylo sucks at being a Jedi because he has zero control over the Force, either light or Dark side because he's torn between the two. At the moment when Rey is fighting him, she is full of rage, which is a powerful emotion that allowed her to overpower him. Kylo, in comparison, is torn between the light/dark side and his wavering emotions, and as such, is shit in comparison to raw power.

>>322443375
>I can't refute this point so it's bait.

Jesus, these fucking millennials who grew up on the prequels are making me fucking sick.
>>
>>322442546
>each apprentice had more training than rey
WE DONT KNOW THAT!

STOP MAKING UP ASSUMPTIONS AND PULLING BULLSHIT OUT OF YOUR ASS TO AVOID BEING WRONG NECKBEARD!
>>
I have read tons of star wars EU shit

The only characters that compare to Rey in terms of God Jedi who is best at everything, are the player characters in TOR
>>
>>322443435
It will die when the films aren't remembered by anyone.
>>
>>322443162
Worst part is, these are the same faggots that made fun of you in school for liking Star Wars, yet now they all suddenly LOVE Star Wars, and always have, and TFA is the best movie ever, the best movie in the SERIES! Rey isn't a Mary Sue! Shut up you Sexist Misogynist!

I hate the world, I hate the normies, and I hate Jew Jew Abrams.

Fuck it all.
>>
>>322443596
A villain can be an entire group, you asshat. Vader in A New Hope was just a leading cog in a larger system. The actual film is Empire vs Rebels, not Vader vs Heroes. And in Force Awakens, it's First Order vs Resistance, not Ren vs Daddy and ragtag group of misfits.
>>
>>322443802
>Also his fucking suit is built to more than compensate for his injuries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo
>>
>>322443532
Star wars always had terrible dialogue and basically terrible everything. People have nostalgia over the OT so they hold them up as being more than what they were

I'd still rather watch the prequels as they have better fights and settings and world and the story is more interesting. Shittier acting and effects but I don't care as I am not a /tv/tard
>>
>>322444015
>Posting RLM's joke video about Vader's suit to make some kind of point

Are you fucking kidding me? Also I thought you faggots hated RLM now because Mike didn't cry like the rest of your 12 year old did over TFA.
>>
>>322443225
Except you can't, they already set her up as someone who's perfect in every single way. She already beat the big bad and she'll defeat Snook and a fully trained Kylo Ren at the same time.
>>
>>322443807
rey has had zero training and ren had to have trained for at least a few years to understand the basics of light saber combat and force techniques so unless he was trained privately we have to assume that his classmates had similar capabilities
>>
>>322443523

hitting womprats on tatooine and landing a 2 meter exhaust port does not fuckin compare ESPECIALLY without a targeting system
>>
File: 233223.jpg (95KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
233223.jpg
95KB, 500x385px
>>322436523
poe is the new han fin is the new chewie
>>
>>322444120
I'm not that other guy you whiny fucking faggot. It was just related so people can laugh about the silliness around Darth's coffin.
>>
>>322443807
As far as we know Rey has NO training. Some reading is more than no training.
>>
>>322443802
Cybernetics hinder force ability. You can't shoot lightning out of a cybernetic arm
>>
>>322444032
underage b&
>>
>>322444181
It makes more sense than MaRey Sue telling fucking Han Solo how to fly his own ship.
>>
>>322443225
I could buy that except for one moment that made her utterly irredeemable.

And that moment is Leia walking over at the end and hugging Rey for the loss of Han. No dialogue with Chewie, not even a glance to him. As soon as that hug happened, she become irredeemable as a character.
>>
>>322444181
He had prior skills that got boosted by the little he'd learned about the force
>>
>>322443523
>to the point of me being bored as tits the entire film because I never felt like the characters were ever in any actual danger.

This is the real problem.

Ignore all the Mary Sue deflection nonsense.

She's just boring. That's it.

The discussion about her is more interesting than she is in the film.
>>
>read this thread and others on /tv/
>a lot of these posters have a couple strong criticisms about the movie
>call it absolute dogshit for these couple of reasons
Why are you guys so fucking mad? Do you realize Star Wars movies can't all be Empire tier every single time? It's okay to not like it as much, but the outright hate on this movie is retarded.

But that's what I get for browsing 4chan
Muh internet hate machine
>>
>>322444259
>oh Reysama please join my crew.
>>
>>322444181
obi wans ghost helping him is why he hit the target
>>
Reminder that Finn and Rey should have cut their own faces off trying to weild a saber. Sabers are not a fucking sword, you don't just fucking pick one up and swing it. The blade is weightless, the only weight is in the handle.
>>
>>322444148
Literally anyone can use a fucking lightsaber. They are Jedi toys.
Han used one in Empire. It's big fucking laser sword. If the one person is weak, as Kylo was, and the other was full of determination and rage, as Rey was, it's no fucking wonder that the one with more emotion can just haphazardly whale on the other.

>There are people who sincerely want to see baby Jedi training classes
>There are people who sincerely want minichlorians back to quantify space magic
>There are people who want Star Wars to be nothing but light saber fights

Please some one just fucking kill me already, I don't want to live on this gay fucking earth.
>>
>>322444259

it really doesn't, and I expect she flew it before as it had been on her planet for ages and knew the owner.
>>
>>322444325

fuck off Disney shill.
>>
>>322444325
>Why are you guys so fucking mad? Do you realize Star Wars movies can't all be Empire tier every single time?

So you're saying

>This movie isn't great, but just get over it

How is that a defense? Must people LOVE everything?
>>
>>322444463
>and I expect she flew it before as it had been on her planet for ages and knew the owner.
>She literally says she's never flown it before as they take off in it.
>>
>>322444295

Apply that to Rey, if you found out you were force sensitive wouldn't you try the trick you've heard about in the legends?
>>
>>322444246
Nothing in the post had to do with age, retard

>>322444325
The problem is you need to stop coming to /v/ and acting like it's /tv/ and that you're talking to /tv/ fags. I have never visited /tv/, I don't know what your groupthink is but this isn't /tv/
>>
>>322443994
>Worst part is, these are the same faggots that made fun of you in school for liking Star Wars, yet now they all suddenly LOVE Star Wars
Right. Yeah, this bothers me too. The people who whine about neckbeards crying "fake geek girl" always seem to be people who are only into the most basic entry level shit.
Like I don't doubt they enjoy the things they say they do and that's okay, but liking Star Wars, Legend of Zelda and Batman doesn't automatically make you into an enthusiast.
>>
>>322444446
to use one effectively you have to be taught just like any other weapon its not something that can be used easily
>>
>>322444565
>wouldn't you try the trick you've heard about in the legends?
I would, it would also be appropriate if I fucked up while trying.
>>
File: 1343899665856.jpg (114KB, 603x339px) Image search: [Google]
1343899665856.jpg
114KB, 603x339px
>>322440259
Have You? That First Order rally scene was so fucking SS, even the FO Officer sounded like Hitler speaking english, all that was missing was tooth brush mustache.
>>
>>322444446
>It's a fucking laser sword
Swords are evenly distributed, their is weight in the blade and throughout the sword

All weight in a lightsaber is in the handle, a blade of light has no weight
>>
>>322444446
>Han used one in empire
To cut open a dead animal. Not fight a trained - even if it might just be a padawan tier opponent - force user
>>
>>322444241
Tell that to Grievous, I guess.
>>
>>322444006
>Empire controls the galaxy
>enslaves and controls hundreds of planets making it a hellhole for everyone
>Rebels won the war after 10-20 years of fighting and using guerilla warfare
>create a The new republic staffed by the people who fought for the rebels for decades
>"Oh we beat the empire we dont need any more ships or anyone to look for the remnants of the empire, we've won"
>Remnants of the empire rebuilt their whole goddamn army and became the first order and built a death star 3.0
>The New Republic in the light of the empire rising up again to cause untold misery to the entire galaxy just sends a ragtag team of a few hundred guys with 20 X wing fighters
>the only reason why the resistance is called the resistance is because JJ abrams wanted the good guys to be the underdogs again instead of continuing where they left off

TFA is so poorly written, I dont even know why people defend it
>>
>>322444678
I couldn't take it easily with a Weasley screaming in my face.
>>
>>322444565
I'd be okay with that if there was a point in the movie where it was established to her that it's a thing you can do. Yeah, you can assume she's heard about it in legends but it would improve the narrative so much for it to be demonstrated to her in person.
Hell, if Kylo Ren had used it on her, that would have made it pretty interesting for her to take it and use it to her advantage.
>>
>>322444584
I think it's fine if casual watchers like something.

When they try to articulate why they like it, they expose themselves though.

They should like it and ignore valid criticisms if that's how they want to experience it.
>>
>>322444565
messing with minds is a technique that requires training hell luke couldn't even use it in the sixth movie without fucking up
>>
>>322444704
Grevious trained with lightsabers. He states this to Obiwan, that he has been studying lightsaber combat

Notice how Grevious gets FUCKED by Obiwan in a duel despite having 4 lightsabers and being 99% mechanical
>>
>>322444678
did you see the amount of chicks in the first order?
>>
>>322443523
Bullshit about characters in danger.
Poe was considered dead most of the movie (fuck you if you're gonna tell me that you didn't believe it even for a second). The situation with Han being confronted by gangs was a really sticky situation even though I knew plot armor would prevail (as it would for literally any situation here. This was a pretty tense "how he gunna get outta dis one" moment). When you saw Han approaching kylo you knew nobody was safe in that moment. The lightsaber duels involved them getting their shit kicked in and Finn got it bad. He also got shit on by tr8r.

Of course, all of this is disregarded if you already knew who was gonna be protected or betrayed by plot armor no matter what. That's what made Poe a pretty special character too, cause you weren't too sure. For everyone else it was "how's plot armor gonna save him this time?" And I think these scenes were still quite tense.
>>
>>322444882
I did see those cuties in the resistance.
>>
>>322444463
They say it hasn't flown at all in a long time.
>>
>>322444704
grievous wasn't a force user he was just a cyborg who used swords before getting stabbed in the back
>>
>>322444678
The original is like that too.

Storm Troopers are literally based on Nazi stormtroopers.

Empire = Third Reich
Moffs= SS officers (even sounds vaguely German)
Vader is distinct though, one of the interesting parts of the originals. He's a Zen Samurai of evil.
>>
>>322444745

Same shit with ANH, we don't know the whole narrative between luke and Biggs, but over several years of special editions, re-releases, stories and deleted scenes we know the full story, and so the cohesion has been folded in through pop-culture, the same thing will happen here. you just wait
>>
>>322444932
I guess if this was the first movie you've watched ever, you'd believe that all the things you listed were "Tense" moments.
>>
>>322444287
Leia has never met Rey and yet she already loves her more than Chewie and gave her the most beloved ship of her dead lover. Also why wasnt there a funeral? Episode 4 ended with a ceremony, episode 5 ended with them wondering where Han Solo is and episode 6 ended with a dance party.
>>
>>322442179
For starters, Luke didn't perform a Jedi mind trick until RotJ. Rey does a mind trick within minutes of learning that she's force sensitive. Also "early Empire" takes place like a year after the end of ANH. That's a long time, plenty of time for Luke to train himself and pick some things up. Everything Rey does is in the span of a few hours, which is absurd.

But that kind of nerdy shit is beside the point. You're the one that clearly hasn't watched the original films in a decade or two. Either that, or you're a retard that knows precisely jack shit about storytelling or film making. The real reason Rey is a Mary Sue isn't because she's a savant in just about everything she does (though that certainly doesn't win her any favors), it's because she's never shown to be vulnerable or have any sort of real flaws. Look at Luke in comparison. He gets knocked out by sand people and is saved by Obi Wan. He's about to get into a fight at the bar and is saved by Obi Wan. He's about to get crushed in the trash compactor and is saved by C-3PO and R2-D2. He's about to get shot down by Vader and is saved by Han. When did Rey ever need to be saved? She had already broken out on her own power when Han, Chewie and Finn came to rescue her. When Luke turns off his targeting computer, it's cathartic. He isn't receiving some magic power-up to his abilities, he's trusting his feelings. By having faith in himself, his abilities and in something greater than himself, he's able to make the shot. There's actual meaning to this scene, thematically and for Luke's character. Conversely, Rey's "awakening" is essentially a DBZ power-up that magically makes her more skilled and more powerful than Kylo Ren (that's a disservice to Dragon Ball, really, since Goku trained for his strength and becoming a Super Saiyan required the emotional stimulus of seeing his best friend since childhood murdered, but I digress).
>>
>>322445225
Infuriating. The more I think about that one scene, the angrier I get.
>>
>>322444996
The original was based off a mix between different parts of history. Lucas said he was inspired mostly by WW1 when making the Empire.
>>
>>322443000
It's embarrassing that something as simple as Star Wars is too deep for you.
>>
>>322445394
The term storm trooper is literally lifted from the Nazi variant though, he's also said this.
>>
>>322445121
>act condescending
>expect your post to suddenly have any weight
Ok
Because surely Star Wars has always been full of tense scenes where you weren't sure if the gang was gonna make it out alive or not?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWRg5fddADw

You defenders are mad because this fag is right.
>>
>>322445494
Yes, the original trilogy actually was.

TFA was a sterile, clean, CGI fest where I never once felt like anyone was any danger, and I could see Han's death a mile away the moment he stupidly walked on that rail-less cat walk with a sith.
>>
File: 1035x763-SW_ep4_040.jpg (71KB, 1035x763px) Image search: [Google]
1035x763-SW_ep4_040.jpg
71KB, 1035x763px
>>
>>322445543
dude is right
>>
>>322445712
>could see Han's death a mile

His death was confirmed the moment he signed up to reprise his role in the movie. He wanted Han to die so fucking badly. He wanted out.
>>
>>322435002

>Mad Maxine: Feminist Road
>Anything other than unadulterated trash

Not even triggered that Max was a side character in his own movie, the story was teaspoon shallow, there were no characters, the action was inane and putting a red filter over everything doesn't make your visuals more interesting either.
>>
>>322445712
I guess it's the disneyfication of the movie.

Safe moves all the time, no risks at all. Keep their attention long enough to check out the next movie next year.
>>
>>322445959
>Mad Maxine: Feminist Road

what?
Thread posts: 589
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.