[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games with strong female characters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

What are some games with strong female characters?
>>
Dead or Alive Extreme, and Last Round
>>
>>322425907
not wrong desu
>>
I wish I had held onto that pastebin /v/ made that one time that was games like that.
>>
Dragon's Crown
>>
>>322425635

life is strange
>>
File: 56b0552f4ddfb98146ebbe93b82b68f2.png (328KB, 769x1000px) Image search: [Google]
56b0552f4ddfb98146ebbe93b82b68f2.png
328KB, 769x1000px
2hu
>>
Tomb raider
>>
File: latest[1].png (585KB, 490x1000px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
585KB, 490x1000px
>>322425635
"The worst foe lies within the self."
>>
Any RPG where you can select the gender of the protag.
>>
Reminder that the personality plays just as much a part in this as well. It makes me mad that yuna from FFX always gets ignored because she doesn't beat up all da boys with flips and kicks, but she's willing to give up her live to save the world, and then decides to risk her life to kill the giant monster that threatens it. Then they ruined her in X-2, because you can't be a strong girl character and also be daintyish apparently
>>
Taimanin Asagi
>>
this
>>
File: RapeKing.png (15KB, 168x188px) Image search: [Google]
RapeKing.png
15KB, 168x188px
Mamatoto, which also allows you to break the strong female character
>>
ryoujoku 1 & 2
>>
>>322425635

All the resident evil's
>>
All fighting games and most RPGs
>>
File: 1448565236246.jpg (2MB, 3083x2409px) Image search: [Google]
1448565236246.jpg
2MB, 3083x2409px
>>322426550
Beat me to it
Not the top end, but gets shit done
>>
every single game with girls in it
>>
File: kya043.jpg (80KB, 649x1580px) Image search: [Google]
kya043.jpg
80KB, 649x1580px
>>322426778
you aren't wrong. you could also nominate every female character in almost any fighting game, or beat 'em up, but how about a game that is specifically written for a female protag? like the Tomb Raider games, or Remember Me, or Mirror's Edge.

I vote pic related. There isn't enough love for Kya: Dark Lineage. my second vote would be for Ashe, from Final Fantasy 12. She is the perfect depiction of a skinny, frail girl way out of her depth, but determined to succeed, regardless. Mercedes, from Odin's Sphere, for the same reason
>>
File: bayonetta070.jpg (251KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta070.jpg
251KB, 1000x700px
>>322427012
I would say that personality is central to it. a massively powerful woman who goes running to her boyfriend whenever things get rough is no fun to play as. Likewise, 90% of japanese games have female characters who are supposed to be powerful and determined, but actually are constantly smacked around and only ever defeat female villains.

Unlike, say, Bayonetta, who constantly flaunts her tits and ass, but beats the shit out of anyone who dares actually touch it without permission. Anyone up to, and including, God.
>>
File: Star-Ocean-2-Rena.jpg (78KB, 768x431px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Ocean-2-Rena.jpg
78KB, 768x431px
Star Ocean the Second Story had Rena who was both a healer and a fist-fighter. She only pulled a damsel in distress when there was absolutely no way for her to get out of a situation.

Stella Glow had quite a few of them too, all in varying ways.

I would say Etna is pretty strong too, strong enough to fuck up demon lords.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.