[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PlayStation VR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: PlayStation-VR-Blue-489x275.png (76KB, 489x275px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation-VR-Blue-489x275.png
76KB, 489x275px
So, how exactly is Sony going to pull this off?

If things go right, we should see the PSVR come out in a couple of months. How exactly are they going to price it? Sony isn't exactly that big of a corporation to sell the thing at a loss and then profit later.

There's no way in hell it's going to be half the price of a PS4 and will likely be more expensive or at the same price. But if it's even $300, I can't see many people, except for maybe NeoFAGs and diehard sonyggers, buying it. It'll also require PSMove and the Eye Camera for some games, more so for the former, and unless the former is bundled, it'll make the thing more expensive.

Will Sony have a Kinect-esque success with VR or will it flop, and possibly damage the company's finances even further?
>>
It'll flop for sure if it's over $300.
>>
Out of all the gimmicks that Sony have tried to copy from other competitors, it's hilarious how this is the one that faggots think will magically succeed.
>>
>>322425508
They're going to price it like a new platform. $300-$400 with 2 fairy wands and a camera for bigger sku.
>>
>Sony isn't exactly that big of a corporation

They own blu-ray, movie projectors, a good portion of the TV market and a very healthy portion of the electronics market outside of vidya.

Do you live under a rock?
>>
If it will allow me to into gensokyo, I'll buy it no matter the price
>>
>>322428480
Have you paid attention to their financial difficulties?
>>
>>322425508
>Sony isn't exactly that big of a corporation

I was almost falling for your bait
>>
>>322429840
>Have you paid attention to their financial difficulties?
You mean the disinfo that kept getting spread around?
I bet you still think they're still in junk status.
>>
>>322428480
>They own blu-ray
So does like 20 different other companies. Even Microsoft

>a good portion of the TV market
Ha, no. Their tv division is failing. LG and Samsung are dominating that market with better products for cheaper prices.
>>
File: SummerLesson.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SummerLesson.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>322425508
>So, how exactly is Sony going to pull this off?
It'll be (outside of mobile VR) the least expensive and easiest to use VR headset out there. It'll do as well as VR in general. If VR is a sucess, PSVR will be on top of it, if it fails, PSVR will still sell the most, just not a lot.

Except to see a PSVR at a lot (if not all) Playstation spaces at general and electronic store, much like you see game/guitarhero demos.

There's also a PS4 craze right now so I'm sure it'll sell well enough, I very much doubt they are expecting more than 10% of PS4 owners to have one.

>>322428480
You forgot to mention almost every phone camera sensor out there, even though that falls under "electronics market" I think it's what brings them the most profit, last I heard.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.