[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picked this game up with DMC4SE on sale this week. I gotta say,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: dmc.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dmc.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
Picked this game up with DMC4SE on sale this week.

I gotta say, what the fuck was everyone's problem with this? Despite the character of Dante being retooled to being kind of a fag, the gameplay is excellent and the level design is some of the best in the series.

I swear to god, why does anyone listen to you people?
>>
>>322257826
FUCK YOU
>>
>>322257826
Fuck you, I'm not going to spend my time on /v/ arguing with someone with shit opinions.
>>
>>322257826
Personally, I couldn't adapt to a dedicated launch button and no lock on.
>DE gives lock on
I kept thinking since I had lock on, there was directional input when there wasn't.
>>
/v/ is just full of faggots to be honest familiy
>>
I agree dude, it's like /v/ shitting all over Warrior Within because it's edgy as fuck

>good OST
>beautiful art direction
>functional gameplay

It's a good 7/10 t b h I would say
>>
Cinematic sequences and color coded enemies that you can only harm with angel/demon weapon made it not as fun.
>>
>>322257826
>gameplay and levels are excellent
Fuck off
Just die
>>
>>322257826
I assume you got the directors cut or whatever they call it, which fixed the lions share of people's complaints. Now it's pretty okay
>>
>>322257826

>level design

It's the same shitty linear corridors the series has always had
>>
Congratulations. You figures out that /v/ will grasp at any straw if they have a bone to pick with something. Overlooking anything positive and blowing up anything negative to fit their agenda.

There were like constant 500+ threads for several years, but interest in DMC4:SE died down after a month. Because this place is literally addicted to shitposting and bandwagoning.

So much for all those "true" DMC fans.
>>
>>322259449
>which fixed the lions share of people's complaints
No it didn't.
>>
>>322257826
>the gameplay is excellent

False

>the level design is some of the best

Do you mean the art design? Because the levels were pretty boring.
>>
>>322259449
It's called the definitive edition, $40 on the ps4's PlayStation store. Was thinking about getting it myself, the description says its 60fps and 1080p. Seems like a good deal.
>>
I liked the game, even got pretty good at it :^)
>>
>>322260014
With a little common sense you can realize that picture is photoshopped.

I hope you are just baiting and that you aren't this retarded.
>>
>>322257826
>Gameplay is simplified and shallow
>Characters and universe are totally butchered and unrecognisable
>Music was god awful
>Voice acting was terribad
>Plot was even more laughable than any other DMC
Yeah the criticisms for it sure are unfair aren't they OP?
But I'm guessing you are one of the many morons who seem to think that flash=improvement
>>
>>322257826
The game is and always will be shit, it took more away from the series than it added, features an unlikable cast and an uninteresting villian. The weapons are awful and the fact you have to deal with shit like colour coded enemies is frustrating.

The weapons do chip damage to the opposite in the definitive edition which is hardly a fix and still forces you to use the correct color if you don't want to take forever on an enemy, on top of an arbitrary lock-on that doesn't end up helping the game so I don't know what this anon >>322259449 is smoking.

In short, fuck you. This game is garbage and always will be.
>>
>>322260237
>my screenshot is photoshopped

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=566736496
>>
File: 1439313721517.jpg (10KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1439313721517.jpg
10KB, 240x200px
Jump, demon pull, jump again, repeat until you're out of bounds. Never get hit.

No it's not a bug, it's a feature, there's even a hidden power up in one level you can only get to doing this cool trick.
>>
>>322260878
so you died 5,000+ times in 11 minutes or what?
>>
>>322257826
It's just fans crying because they don't have their anime tier, wacky pizza eating protagonist anymore. They don't want to admit that they're shallow retards so they claim the whole game is bad.
>>
>>322261582
okay
>>
>>322259162
>I agree dude, it's like /v/ shitting all over Warrior Within because it's edgy as fuck

Fuck those guys. Warrior Within was really good.
>>
>>322261582
So does Ninja Theory pay you per shitpost or is it by the hour?
>>
>>322261502
>S-so what?!
You shouldn't walk away with an SSS rank after dying that many times. On purpose or not.
>>
>>322260571
>The game is and always will be shit, it took more away from the series than it added, features an unlikable cast and an uninteresting villian
>an uninteresting villian

The original four games only managed one interesting villain between them two if you count his Nelo Angelo persona in the first game as a separate character.
>>
>>322262130
but did you alter the death count via hack in order to see if the game would still give you a good rank?
>>
>>322257826
b8
>>
>>322258838
NO, FUCK YOU
>>
>>322257826
because /v/ is contrarian faggot who likes meme game with much shittier gameplay only because of memes
>>
File: Cromulon.png (215KB, 624x861px) Image search: [Google]
Cromulon.png
215KB, 624x861px
>>322260571
>The weapons do chip damage to the opposite in the definitive edition which is hardly a fix and still forces you to use the correct color if you don't want to take forever on an enemy

Wait, the blue enemies were supposed to be fought with the shitty angel scythe? I played through the whole game on nephilim with pretty much just the demon axe + dodge because it shits on absolutely everything and didn't even notice any loss in kill speed against those blue frost faggots.
>>
>>322263007
congrats, you just realized the difference between people who have played the game and who haven't.
>>
File: bear shades.jpg (174KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
bear shades.jpg
174KB, 375x375px
>playing as Vergil in DmC wasn't nearly as bad as you expected

DMC3 is still best version, but fuck having to manage MOTIVATION in 4. Having your moves gimped whenever for the crime of moving faster than walking pace in combat was such a bizarre mechanic to adjust to.
>>
gameplay is excellent to you? afraid to tell you that your shit at games
>>
>trinity smash
>SSS

It's, it's alright. In terms of gameplay it's above god of war and shit like darksiders or enslaved, but conpared to DMC classic it's significantly worse. It's basically functional and minimally acceptable but an unjustifiable step backwards.
>>
i hate how my retarded ass friend actually likes DmC more than devil may cry 4.
>>
>>322257826
Someone post the webm where the guy gets SSS with just pistols.
>>
>>322264784
I don't like the MOTIVATION bar either, but considering that Vergil can teleport all over the place instantly, he doesn't even need to walk.
>>
>>322259595
It's not really so much that interest in 4:SE died down, but there's only so much you can discuss about a 8 yer-old fucking game with 3 new characters with as much depth as Nero.

We still have DMC threads often, OP is just the usual fag bringing old outrage, just like "hey guiz remember that shitty ending to ME3, yo still mad bro lol xD?"
>>
The combat is slower then DMC4 and has less options.

Also colour coding enemies in games like this is retarded. I've lost count how many encounters let to me having to wail on the heavy fuck that's only vulnurable to angel weapons after clearing out the rest of the room.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.