[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this game? Pros and cons? Never played any of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: witcher-3-promo-art.jpg (321KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
witcher-3-promo-art.jpg
321KB, 1600x900px
Thoughts on this game? Pros and cons? Never played any of the previous ones.
>>
>>322175369
awful sluggish movement and babby mode combat

unless you never played a good arpg in which case you'll love the juvenile humor and hamfisted themes
>>
>>322175369
A very good game. If you like games like Skyrim, you'd possibly. enjoy Witcher 3
>>
Good story
Good voice-acting
Good art direction
Good open-world
Meh combat
>>
Playing it right now, level 14.

It's not bad, combat is atrocious, I play in the second hardest difficulty and died several times fighting several enemies at once.

I don't know if this is common but the more you play the more retardedly easy it gets, now I win fights against any number of enemies almost effortless (except wraiths, fuck wraiths).

As for the story, seems good so far, side quests don't feel as empty as in fo4 for example, they usually develop in some unforseen way that makes it interesting.

Messing around with potions, decoctions and signs is really fun, it's a good game.
>>
>>322175369

I'll give you an actual answer instead of the typical "LOL SHITTY COMBAT XD" answers you'll get.

Pros:
>Fairly interesting story and 10/10 side-quests
>The game actually has failure states for quests, making you outright fail a quest and unable to complete it (unless you save scum). Adds to the overall experience
>Open world with actual things to do in it
>Interesting characters
>Gwent
>Combat is engaging on higher difficulties, which is how the game game should be played (Blood and Broken Bones or Death March)
>Several different ways to build adds replayability, along with New Game Plus and several different endings
>DLC is great
>Don't actually need to play previous entries to fully understand this one, although it helps with understanding how the characters have developed. Makes the game more accessible while still pleasing fans of the series
>Alchemy is a great mechanic, although it was done better in 2. Still good here

Cons:
>Boss fights are underwhelming, at least in the vanilla game. DLC boss fights are great
>Combat is piss easy if playing on easier difficulties, but you're not a casual so you won't be playing it on anything below Blood and Broken Bones
>Witcher Sense is used too often and gets somewhat annoying after a while, although it never really bothered me personally

Overall, it's a fantastic game and it set a new standard for WRPG's. People who say it's shit are just contrarian faggots. If you want an RPG you can sink hours into, then buy it.
>>
>>322177632

That's basically like every rpg, once you get some levels and your characters build becomes more capable. Sign focused builds make the game faceroll, on Death March I just steamrolled through everything spamming igni/quen reflect damage.
>>
>>322177806
Well I was going to post but you seem to have gotten all the points across so thanks.
>>
>>322178178

that reminds me of how in Witcher 1 I max'd out Igni and it became a massive blazing fireball that 1-shot everything in the vicinity.

It was sort of inaccurate to how powerful Witcher signs are, and Igni was nerfed into a cigarette lighter in W2.
>>
This shit is dank
>>
>>322178178

> Sign focused builds make the game faceroll

Wish I knew that before, now all I have to do is spam igni to win, fucking bummer.
>>
>>322175369
Pros
>the polish VAs are GOAT
>story is great
>side quests are great, even if a bit repetitive
>art direction is wonderful
>graphics are great
>interesting and well written characters
>GOAT DLC
>Gwent is the beautiful game
>well made open world
>incredibly atmospheric
>choices with weight

Cons
>the gameplay is horrible on the two easier difficulties
>combat is not that great, better than Arkham games, but that's not much
>the last 3rd feels a bit rushed
>nothing in the base game is as good as Bloody Baron questline

It's the best game I've played in more than fifteen years.
>>
>>322179057
And I'm an idiot for not reading the thread.
>>322177806
This guy is right in everything.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.