[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game gives you a bike >Shortly thereafter, Paula joins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: earthbound_box-f.jpg (109KB, 629x500px) Image search: [Google]
earthbound_box-f.jpg
109KB, 629x500px
>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.
>>
What's sad is that the famicom/NES Mother is a deeper game than an SNES game
>>
>>315627705

How so?
>>
>>315628381
-Nonlinear
-Ninten has more moves than Ness
-Ninten has telepathy outside of combat which you have to figure out when and how to use it
-Doesn't have a hint system
>>
Didn't this pasta originally say BRAVO instead of BRAVA? Who's the chucklefuck that changed it? I swear...
>>
Is this the Monster Hunter thread intro of Mother threads?

By the way, you can also spend a ton of money to buy a house that doesn't have a fourth wall.
>>
>>315628684

Avatarfagging is against the rules
>>
>>315628663
It's also grindier, has less story and locations, and has about half as much content overall.

It's worth a play, especially if you like super early JRPGs like Phantasy Star and Dragon Quest, but 2 is probably a better game overall.
>>
>>315627553

Pretty stale mate. At least change the pasta up a bit once in a while.
>>
>>315628769
A house that does nothing besides having flavor text

>no fourth wall

HA HA HA BRILLIANT ITOI *claps hands like a seal*
>>
File: constanza_wonka.png (267KB, 335x334px) Image search: [Google]
constanza_wonka.png
267KB, 335x334px
This thread didnt work the other week, why woukd it work now?
>>
>>315628839
>but 2 is probably a better game overall.

Maybe if you're a kek that likes easier games

Only complaint I have of the original Mother is the samey architecture of maze areas. EB has better dungeons overall
>>
*yawn*
This isn't Fallout 4 related family
>>
File: dumbfrogpost.jpg (34KB, 736x789px) Image search: [Google]
dumbfrogpost.jpg
34KB, 736x789px
>>315627553
Oh look it's this same exact thread again. Same as yesterday. And the day before. And the day before and so on
>>
>>315627705
No, what's sad is that retards keep responding to this thread.
>>
>>315628962
Better dungeons doesn't really matter when they both have shit dungeons. If you want dungeon crawling there are far better RPGs to play.
>>
>>315629879
Except Mother/EB literally feature a lot of dungeon crawling

So if they're shit at it... that means they are also shitty games.
>>
File: 46609611_p0.jpg (1MB, 2424x1721px) Image search: [Google]
46609611_p0.jpg
1MB, 2424x1721px
>>315628962
Mother 1 isn't harder than Mother 2, though. It's just more tedious because of the encounter rate. The only remotely challenging area is the very last one and by then you've got enough Psi Stones to just spam Dimensional Warp on every fight and dash straight to Giygas.

I love both games, but Mother 1 isn't harder than Earthbound. But then, none of the Mother games are really difficult, so it's sort of a moot point anyway.
>>
>>315627553
Well didn't putting condiments on food items increase/decrease their healing effect in you?

For example:

Burger = 20 HP
Burger + ketchup = 50 HP
Burger + Salt = 25 HP

French fries = 30
French Fries + salt = 60

Spaghetti = 100
Spaghetti + relish = 15

Or was that not it? I can't remember, its been awhile since I played earthbound.
>>
I love this meme. I'm excited to be a part of it.
>>
>tfw got bored at the Desert
Undertale and Lisa got inspired by this game?
>>
>>315630996
>Quitting right before Fourside
Jesus anon, I could understand if you quit at the swamp, but the desert is fine.
>>
>>315630996
same
>>
File: Why did you hurt me.png (25KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
Why did you hurt me.png
25KB, 1000x893px
>>
>>315630996

I don't understand the comparison between Earthbound and Lisa.
>>
>>315632719
Truly, the earthbound of my... generation!
>>
>>315630525
Yeah, it was useless outside of increasing the stat boosts of rock candy though
>>
>>315627553
>play up to after the evil mani mani boss fight
>get bored and stop playing
help
>>
>>315635031
This game has this effect. Take a break and you will want to play again. It's working for me though, I just killed Diamond Dog.
>>
>>315627553

Let me guess, you started playing this because you liked Undertale?
>>
>>315635372
how do you not recognize this pasta
it's posted every week
>>
>>315635460

I'm sorry I usually don't post at this hour
>>
Sometimes I wish /v/ had an /r9k/ system of posting where you couldn't duplicate posts because seeing the same bullshit threads every day makes me forget what day it is.
>>
>>315634554
Most of it was ripped off from Earthbound down tot the graphics.
>>
>>315630290
Mother 3 can be pretty difficult at points, depending on the order you do things in.

>>315632505
I actually kinda like the Deep Darkness but I have a special hatred for everything after it. I think the end of EB was probably rushed to get it released, just like M3.
>>
>>315630525
You could also dupe food items by having the condiment above it in your inventory. Gives you the effect of the food, but consumes only the condiment instead.

>unlimited rock candy
>>
>>315637625
Oh yeah, the rock candy and sugar trick? I remember that.

Damn I also remember trying to get poos sword. Fuck. I was too overpowered.
>>
File: 1442155557048.jpg (31KB, 406x457px) Image search: [Google]
1442155557048.jpg
31KB, 406x457px
8 melodies > Smiles and Tears > Love Theme
>>
>>315635771
Then try going outside, and dont just sit there all day long.
>>
I really how LISA (but mostly) Undertale fags are going back to play Earthbound because of it being earthbound inspired, and then shitting on the game because it's not exactly like Undertale. I don't even really think the earthbound inspired crap is all that prevalent given the mechanics and Earthbound has way more charm than both of those games combined. That's what really sets it apart for me compared to other two, which don't even come close.
>>
>>315630525
>>315634981
>>315637625
Brain food lunch and salt gave the same effect to Ness, Paula, and Jeff that Poo got from brain food.

Ness having a full cure is by far the most broken thing in the game in a game filled with glitches.
>>
/v/ would be better with the r9k filter
>>
>>315640696
OP is an old copypasta though.
3 years old maybe.
It's been posted so often it's probably the stalest bait on the pier.
>>
>>315642845
But nobodies been able to prove it wrong
>>
>>315627553
I have to ask, just how often is this pasta served? I swear I've seen this before, waiter.
>>
>>315643158
>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!
Because it's irrefutably retarded
>>
>>315627553
Look senpai, he posted it again!
>>
>>315643265
Yeah EB is pretty retarded
>>
>>315643158
It's retarded because it implies that any of that stuff wasn't explicitly avoided when the game was in development.
Unlike, Gone Homo, the game doesn't just leave a void where some features are expected to be, It adds its own. Granted they're mostly hit and miss, but I can't really knock them for trying.
Also unlike GH, the game's still a game. You can do badly, you can lose, there is a certain amount of difficultly that scales.
>>
>>315644965
You can lose at Gone Home though

You don't beat it in under 2 hours to get the refund
>>
>>315628663
>Ninten has more moves than Ness

Ninten may have more "moves" than Ness, but... That doesn't mean Ninten isn't the worst playable character of the entire Mother series.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.